PDA

View Full Version : Hey Charger fans, there is always next year!

Tremor Therapy
11-04-2007, 01:30 PM
I say this as a rabid, die hard, 35 year Charger fan
.....we suck, and AJ Smith is the direct cause of our decline. Yes, I said our decline! We got rid of the second best coach we ever had, one that was popular with the players as well as the fan base. AJ hired his puppet Norv, and we are enjoying the fruits of his EGO! I don't remember the last time I saw a Marty coached team have 4 losses in a season where the team looked utterly unprepared.....TOTALLY F*CKING UNPREPARED TO PLAY THE OTHER TEAM!
We kept a quaterback with happy feet, and traded away the one who can actually play in this league. In our 4 losses AJ's quarterback could not have won against a high school team, and damn near accounted for more points for the opposition than we scored! We let the best pass defense linebacker in the league walk away to a rival, and did nothing to upgrade our team in the offseason....tell me, where are our 2007 draft picks and free agents contributing on this team besides Weddle?
I have never seen such assinine play calling and lack of preparation. And I can start it with some very simple observations.
1) When there is an 8 man front or the other team is continuously run blitzing, why do you continue to pound LT into the middle of the field for no gain?
2) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, where are your check-off plays?
3) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, where are your quick short pass plays to the middle of the field?
4) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, you need to move passing plays into the shot gun, or create a rolling pocket early in the game, play no huddle, or any number of other things to get the defense out of their rythum!
5) When it is painfully obvious that the other team is not going to throw the ball, why are your corners and safety's playing 10-20 yards off the ball?
I bleed Charger colors, and will always bleed Charger colors, but when you cannot play any offense, and you cannot play any defense, especially to a team that is not going to throw the ball, at all......PLEASE!! This team was totally unprepared to play, and that is 4 losses on the year where we were unprepard to play! I am sick of the AJ apologists and the Phillip Rivers apologists. AJ's ego got us into this mess, and we will live and die with his streaky quarterback.

Tremor Therapy
11-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Come on Mark, you know I live and breathe with this team.....but I have never seen a team play 4 games where they look so unprepared to play a professional football game.....especially the team with the last ranked pass defense in the league!

Havasu1986
11-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Come on Mark, you know I live an breathe with this team.....but I have never seen a team play 4 games where they look so unprepared to play a professional football game.....especially the team with the last ranked pass defense in the league!
Aren't they still in 1st place. :confused: And who was running the team for their 4 wins. :) :D

Big Warlock
11-04-2007, 02:24 PM
.....we suck, and AJ Smith is the direct cause of our decline. Yes, I said our decline! We got rid of the second best coach we ever had, one that was popular with the players as well as the fan base. AJ hired his puppet Norv, and we are enjoying the fruits of his EGO! I don't remember the last time I saw a Marty coached team have 4 losses in a season where the team looked utterly unprepared.....TOTALLY F*CKING UNPREPARED TO PLAY THE OTHER TEAM!
We kept a quaterback with happy feet, and traded away the one who can actually play in this league. In our 4 losses AJ's quarterback could not have won against a high school team, and damn near accounted for more points for the opposition than we scored! We let the best pass defense linebacker in the league walk away to a rival, and did nothing to upgrade our team in the offseason....tell me, where are our 2007 draft picks and free agents contributing on this team besides Weddle?
I have never seen such assinine play calling and lack of preparation. And I can start it with some very simple observations.
1) When there is an 8 man front or the other team is continuously run blitzing, why do you continue to pound LT into the middle of the field for no gain?
2) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, where are your check-off plays?
3) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, where are your quick short pass plays to the middle of the field?
4) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, you need to move passing plays into the shot gun, or create a rolling pocket early in the game, play no huddle, or any number of other things to get the defense out of their rythum!
5) When it is painfully obvious that the other team is not going to throw the ball, why are your corners and safety's playing 10-20 yards off the ball?
I bleed Charger colors, and will always bleed Charger colors, but when you cannot play any offense, and you cannot play any defense, especially to a team that is not going to throw the ball, at all......PLEASE!! This team was totally unprepared to play, and that is 4 losses on the year where we were unprepard to play! I am sick of the AJ apologists and the Phillip Rivers apologists. AJ's ego got us into this mess, and we will live and die with his streaky quarterback.
Well said!!

Not So Fast
11-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Sad to say but I believe the man is right:( :( :( Its not so much the loss but the manner in which we got beat that just crushes my spirit. Sad,sad day indeed!!!!!!!!!! NSF

Daddy_G
11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I had the "pleasure" of watching the game up here in Carefree, AZ.
My wife and I were the only Bolts fans in the place among a house full of freakin' snow-turd Viking fans....
And I'm sad to report that the Vikings beat our Chargers all game long! :mad:
They looked like the Bolts of 2-3 years ago when LT couldn't get a hole if he had a shovel! :(

Not So Fast
11-04-2007, 04:29 PM
I had the "pleasure" of watching the game up here in Carefree, AZ.
My wife and I were the only Bolts fans in the place among a house full of freakin' snow-turd Viking fans....
And I'm sad to report that the Vikings beat our Chargers all game long! :mad:
They looked like the Bolts of 2-3 years ago when LT couldn't get a hole if he had a shovel! :(
Dont you just hate that, stay the f--k in your own GD state, snow birds SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ASS:mad: :mad: NSF

DEMOMAN
11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I am a current 10 year season ticket holder and you could not be more correct. Do the Chargers have any pass routes with cuts. It seems like the receivers are always floating down the sidelines. Where the hell was our run blitz against Peterson. The Vikes have 2 of the biggest DT's in the league, why are we pounding it at them every 1st down. Pitch it outside, run a screen, a slant, a reverse, anything. I could go on and on. At least the Colts are coming next Sun. That should be a walk thru. :rolleyes:

Daddy_G
11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Dont you just hate that, stay the f--k in your own GD state, snow birds SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ASS:mad: :mad: NSF
Yeah, ya don't see me relocating to Minnesota and driving around all fast sportin' my Suns and Chargers gear every summer! :D

Fire Angler
11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
The Chargers have a good team. The problem is Norv Turner! This guy will turn any team into a loser. Fire Norv and the Sparklers will be fine. :)

Tremor Therapy
11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
I know that you probably thought that I was ranting because I was pissed, and the game had just ended. Well I have had 3 hours plus to think about it, and I am even more mad over the inability of this team to stop telegraphed running plays! Hell I was calling the plays out to my son!
To the comment about who was at the helm during our 4 wins...I will say it now, and I will say it again, we are only a hand full of plays away from 2-6! If you really know the game of football, and you really watched the Houston game, it was more about how poorly Houston played than it was about how well the Chargers played. The Raiders were 1 play away from a tie game, and 1 more play away from the lead late in that game. Denver has showed their true colors, and that win was about as close as it should have been.
We now have Indy and Tennesse on the schedule, and if we continue to play this poorly, we could very easily be looking at a record of 4-6 or 4-7 within a few weeks. I know this team has some injuries, but they need to suck it up and get 2-3 wins in the next few weeks, because 9-7 will be on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

Daddy_G
11-04-2007, 04:48 PM
The Chargers have a good team. The problem is Norv Turner! This guy will turn any team into a loser. Fire Norv and the Sparklers will be fine. :)
I love to jump on the "Norv has never been a winner" train too.
But frankly, today it was both lines, period!
LT coudn't get a crease and the Vikes ran all over our D.

Tremor Therapy
11-04-2007, 04:58 PM
LT coudn't get a crease
I know they have big tackles, and we were going to have a hard time running the ball against an 8 man front....but doesn't anyone remember that LT caught what seemed like 100 balls a couple years back? Bring in Turner, split out LT, and make them commit to one or the other. I have been screaming this at the top of my lungs to the Charger apologists for the past 2 years.
When they stack the line, stop trying to use LT as a jackhammer. Take O'Neal out of the game, bring in Turner as your fullback in a 2 back set, and then split LT out into the slot. The defense will either continue with 8 in the box, bring in an extra linebacker to cover LT, or suck in a safety to cover LT. This will enable you to get some one-on-one for Jackson, LT, Gates, or Chambers.....this isn't rocket science. The Patriots have been kicking everyone's asses with a quick passing game, and once they suck you in they hit the longer routes!
And on the outside chance that they go back to a base 4-3, then check off to Turner and let him tenderize the defensive line! Geez, I can't count the number of times we had 5 or 6 blocking 8!

Daddy_G
11-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Dude, You make real good points!
I think you ought to apply for a coaching job. ;)
I know they have big tackles, and we were going to have a hard time running the ball against an 8 man front....but doesn't anyone remember that LT caught what seemed like 100 balls a couple years back? Bring in Turner, split out LT, and make them commit to one or the other. I have been screaming this at the top of my lungs to the Charger apologists for the past 2 years.
When they stack the line, stop trying to use LT as a jackhammer. Take O'Neal out of the game, bring in Turner as your fullback in a 2 back set, and then split LT out into the slot. The defense will either continue with 8 in the box, bring in an extra linebacker to cover LT, or suck in a safety to cover LT. This will enable you to get some one-on-one for Jackson, LT, Gates, or Chambers.....this isn't rocket science. The Patriots have been kicking everyone's asses with a quick passing game, and once they suck you in they hit the longer routes!
And on the outside chance that they go back to a base 4-3, then check off to Turner and let him tenderize the defensive line! Geez, I can't count the number of times we had 5 or 6 blocking 8!

BajaMike
11-04-2007, 05:41 PM
As a long time Charger fan....I say, you have many good points!!!
But the most important one is "NORV TURNER SUCKS!"....always has....always will.....a looser is a looser is a looser.
I don't blame them for firing Marty, he totally blew the playoff game last year.....but any GOOD coach would have wanted to come to San Diego....why hire one of the worst when you could hire one of the best???:confused:

Daddy_G
11-04-2007, 05:44 PM
....why hire one of the worst when you could hire one of the best???:confused:
Because the pussies who fired him waited too long! :mad:

JetBoatRich
11-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I know the feeling:devil: Broncos look pretty bad:devil: right now

socalmofo
11-04-2007, 08:04 PM
It's all good to blame the coach, but at what point do the players have to step up and say "We didn't execute or give 100%."?
Exactly.........Merriman and Rivers are 2 names who have been over hyped....as of right now this team is full of underperforming all stars!
Is it starting to make sense why Ron Rivera took a LB coaching job from a def. coordinator job? Can you say next years head coach.......The reason they hired Turner is because all the other coaching positions had been filled already and he was still standing.......Imagine that, all those teams looking for new coaches,hired coaches and nobody took him?????:confused:
Have no fear the Chargers will take him.
9-7 at best

Not So Fast
11-04-2007, 11:03 PM
You just gotta start with the play calling, then Rivers acting like a little kid and letting things get to him, I'm really doubting his ability to lead this team AND HIS ABILITY to hit a receiver with the football, he looked dreadful today. Sort of like the biggest bust in the NFL did a few years back:( That was the WORST pass defense in the league and yet we tried to run and they are one of the best at stopping the run, I just dont get it. It will be a long season and next week is not going to be pretty. I still lovem but damn, play like you are winners and not some untalented last place team.
Oh, and PLEASE PLEASE GET RID OF NORV THE LOSER NOW, I dont care who replaces him either!!!!!!!!! The guy looks, acts, and sounds like a loser NSF

Not So Fast
11-05-2007, 07:02 AM
The kid has 24 games of NFL experience. How about cutting him some slack?
Yes hes young and limited at experience but it's his demeanor I guess thats in question. You gotta admit that he has gone down hill fast and I know the Oline is hurt or at least not playing like they did last year but Rivers is just flat playing horribly, his precision on passes is gone, he is short or long on wide open recievers (like, was it Gates last week that had to virtually stop to catch that TD pass and then he caught it at his boot tops only because of his ability?), he just isnt throwing the ball well so why should I give him a break. I'm calling them as I see them, you give him a break if you want. Pre-season he looked great and passed the ball with touch so what has happened, confidence??
The whole team looks like crap IMO, did you happen to watch that fiasco yesterday??
Common SWB, they stunk up the place, YOU CANT RUN ON US, yeah right, sorry no breaks today, come back one year!! :( NSF

Tremor Therapy
11-05-2007, 07:49 AM
NSF,
Great points. AJ wasn't sold on Brees because he was not his quarterback, and AJ said he did not have a strong enough arm. Well I saw 3 plays yesterday, 2 that would have been touchdowns, if the quarterback would have had any ability to throw to a wide open receiver. And yes, Gates made a hell of a catch on a sh*tty pass when he was WIDE OPEN against Houston. We are going to live and die with Rivers. When he has a decent game, can hit open receivers, and doesn't commit any turnovers, we have the ability to play with almost anyone. When he has an off game, we will be unable to overcome him.
But most of all, we need to get some innovative play calling pretty quick. I mean please, could we start a game in some different formations, different looks right out of the box so that the first play is not LT over left tackle for 2 yards against an 8 man front?

MKEELINE
11-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Well, at least they kept pace with everyone else in the west. There was no execution on offense and the defense got man handled. They may win the west, but if they keep playing like that they won't go past the first round.

Tremor Therapy
11-05-2007, 08:56 AM
You tell me a team or quarterback in the league that your statement doesn't apply to.
Well for starters, how about Minnesota yesterday? ;)
I go back to our losses, and his poor play lead to short fields and points for the other teams. I get your point, if your qb has a bad game you may not win, but I'm talking about him having the time, and passes where he is just not making any kind of decent throw. I mean LT made a spectacular grab of the one ball thrown behind him, and it was only for a 4 or 5 yard gain! Also, we may have won the Houston game, but he was not throwing well in that game either. We need to get it together and quick! We have 5 games coming up that are going to decide whether we make it to the playoffs or not. Indy, @ Jaguars, Baltimore, @ Kansas City and @ Tennesse, these games are not cake walks, and we could very easily find ourselves 4-9 if we don't get it together!

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 09:19 AM
The throwing woes of Rivers lately has got me very concerned....lots of wobbly ducks and severely underthrown passes and just plain old off target.
Does he have a hand issue nobody is fessing up to??
The Vikes started to really pour on the run yards after Phillips had to leave the game, up to that point the run yardage was pretty equal.
Complain about running the ball against an 8 man front but with the way Rivers has been throwing it may not have mattered.....again, did they avoid throws because something is wrong with Rivers' hand/arm??:idea:
Frustrating when you make a nice throw/catch to have it come back on you because someone on the other side of the field held..:rolleyes:
Cromartie has been the shining star of late and it is one of the 07 draft picks that is beginning to show its potential.
Both O and D lines did not show up to the game yesterday...poor play there all around.
and how sad is it that I found myself hoping the young Peterson kid would break the single game running yardage at the end???:( I'm glad he did cuz I don't like Jamal Lewis and he deserved it, he is gonna be good for a long time.

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Shaun Phillips didn't play at all. Luis Castillo left early.Yeah, thats what I meant to say :D:D I was painting the living room while watching...

MKEELINE
11-05-2007, 09:26 AM
If the Chargers were 6-2, I'm not sure I would pick them to get past either the Colts or the Pats this season.
Your right. The Pat and Colts are at a different level than everybody else right now. Even though the Pats won yesterday, I think the Colts are every bit as good.

Not So Fast
11-05-2007, 09:42 AM
We all seem to see the same thing so why is it that the coaching staff doesnt see it?:confused: Oh, I know they suck!!! I didnt think we would be 14-2 again as that is near impossible to achieve in the NFL but what really disturbs me is the manner in which we PLAYED THE GAME:devil: If we lose then so be it but we looked like SHIT on both sides of the ball and thats just unacceptable with the talent this team has. Yes we are pretty injured right now and that could be crucial but other teams have them also and people step up. I'm not a Bellichec (sp) fan but his thoughts on being injured is OK, SOMEONE STEP UP, lots of players just waiting for a chance. I just dont know what to think of this team as a whole, very dismal outlook unless someone STEPS UP. Sunday nite will be a real test of character for this team.
I love'm but man am I concerned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Coach Cower??? Maybe there is a hidden agenda of AJ's, Cower was not able to coach last year because of his contract, but next year I believe he comes available.:idea: :idea: :idea:

Not So Fast
11-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Coach Cower??? Maybe there is a hidden agenda of AJ's, Cower was not able to coach last year because of his contract, but next year I believe he comes available.:idea: :idea: :idea:
One can only dream :( :( NSF

Havasu1986
11-05-2007, 10:50 AM
We kept a quaterback with happy feet, and traded away the one who can actually play in this league. was totally unprepared to play, and that is 4 losses on the year where we were unprepard to play! I am sick of the AJ apologists and the Phillip Rivers apologists. AJ's ego got us into this mess, and we will live and die with his streaky quarterback.
BTW
Dree Brees lead the league Sunday in passing.
39-49 445 yards 3 TD no int.
Phillip Rivers
19-42 197 yards 1 TD 1 int.

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Isn't Brees playing on another 4-4 playoff team from last season?
Let's face it, both the Saints and Chargers had very easy schedules last season, not so much this season.
all by design.........

Havasu1986
11-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Let's face it, both the Saints and Chargers had very easy schedules last season, not so much this season.
I just put up some stats from yesterdays game in case someone wanted to compare. :D :D

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 11:08 AM
How much of it can be atrributed to the Vikings knowing Cotrells defensive tactics to set up the perfect blocking schemes:confused: :idea: , cuz damn, it looked like there was nothing but big giant holes in the defense for Peterson

MKEELINE
11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
A one legged man could have picked up big yardage against the Charger D yesterday. But man, that Peterson is the real deal.

Tremor Therapy
11-05-2007, 12:10 PM
The schedules are more challenging, but Brees is playing on a one-dimensional team. If our O-line is going, Rivers can hand off and just watch the show, and throw a pass here or there as opportunity knocks. Brees has had no running game behind him, and has had to chuck the ball 30-45 times a game behind a mediocre offensive line to say the least. I still say we traded away the better quarterback and we would be better off if AJ had picked someone other than Rivers on that draft! Say a stud O or D lineman, and we would be the team everyone is talking about (well they are talking about us...how badly we are playing)!

Tremor Therapy
11-05-2007, 12:12 PM
As a side note, do you think that the Vikings somehow got ahold of Belichik's video's of the Chargers? :D

AZJD
11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
My opinion is that the Chargers need to get rid of Norv Turner. He is not a good coach. Marty was a good coach........
Brees is a good QB and has proven to be consistent over the past 4 seasons.

Tremor Therapy
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Bob,
It seems we just see the coin from different sides. I think when their careers are over Brees will have been the better of the two quarterbacks. I didn't say he would win more Superbowls or division titles, just that I think he is, and will always be the better of the two. Just like I think that Dan Fouts was infinitely better than Jim Plunkett, but who won more Superbowls?
I attribute a lot of last years record to an easy schedule, and a lot of Marty-ball, don't turn the ball over mentality. Now that Rivers has been let loose a little more, he is making more mistakes. IMHO, the only reason why we needed a quaterback in that draft was because AJ did not want Brees to be his guy...period. And you cannot tell me that after the first 8 games of the this season that we could not have been in better shape with Brees at the helm, and an additional stud D or O lineman.

CBadDad
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Never happen....
You all are missing the true reason why the Chargers suck and will always suck.
Spanos.
As long as that family owns the team you guys are in trouble. They are nothing but money grubbing thieves. That is why you'll never get a quality coaach like Cower in here. One, they won't pay him what some others will offer. Two, they only are putting up a team that has any ability at all so that they can try and pull what the Padres did in '98. Make themselves more marketable so that can either get (a) a new stadium, or (b) move the team to a larger market (like LA).

Not So Fast
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Bob,
It seems we just see the coin from different sides. I think when their careers are over Brees will have been the better of the two quarterbacks. I didn't say he would win more Superbowls or division titles, just that I think he is, and will always be the better of the two. Just like I think that Dan Fouts was infinitely better than Jim Plunkett, but who won more Superbowls?
I attribute a lot of last years record to an easy schedule, and a lot of Marty-ball, don't turn the ball over mentality. Now that Rivers has been let loose a little more, he is making more mistakes. IMHO, the only reason why we needed a quaterback in that draft was because AJ did not want Brees to be his guy...period. And you cannot tell me that after the first 8 games of the this season that we could not have been in better shape with Brees at the helm, and an additional stud D or O lineman.
Tremor: What I'm afraid of is Rivers will lose his confidence, he has not been as sharp as Ive seen him in the past, not even close and once you lose your moxey its very hard to get it back, ask Austin Powers:D J/K Do the Chargers have a QB coach? Some one that Phil can go to and ask questions about what is going on. His throwing motion has always been very odd but IT HAS WORKED IN THE PAST, we've seen it right?
The buck stops at the top and thats coaching as far as I'm concerned. Tuner looks so confused and Cottrell just stands there with his hands on his hips looking bewildered to me.
I dont know the fix but something is wrong right here in River City, I know that for a fact:( NSF

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Never happen....
You all are missing the true reason why the Chargers suck and will always suck.
Spanos.
As long as that family owns the team you guys are in trouble. They are nothing but money grubbing thieves. That is why you'll never get a quality coaach like Cower in here. One, they won't pay him what some others will offer. Two, they only are putting up a team that has any ability at all so that they can try and pull what the Padres did in '98. Make themselves more marketable so that can either get (a) a new stadium, or (b) move the team to a larger market (like LA).Like the Raiders owner is a "Gem"...:D:D
Too funny.
All said and done the Chargeres do happen to still be tied for 1st place in their division.
The fans are not seeing what was expected of them though and thats the frustrating part....I honestly predicted the chargers to be 10-6.
another 8 weeks and we'll see what all shakes down.
Without doubt, Pats and Colts are on a different level but the old saying always stands true........."On any Sunday".....seems the Chargers were the ones to ruin the Colts' last undefeated bid in their house....decidedly.

Tremor Therapy
11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Ziggy,
That 1 line is oh so true....on any given Sunday! I guess with this kind of talent you expect so much more, and at the very least a competitive team even in a loss. Hell Indy was without 2 of their stars, and they damn near pulled it off.
BTW Bob, Rivers has had more than his share of batted down balls this season. Like I said, this is a coin we see different sides on, and neither one of us will agree to take the others side. :D
Zig...I bleed Charger colors, but I bet on a 9-7 season. I really felt they would need another year to pull it together without their coordinators.

MKEELINE
11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Like the Raiders owner is a "Gem"...:D:D
Too funny.
All said and done the Chargeres do happen to still be tied for 1st place in their division.
The fans are not seeing what was expected of them though and thats the frustrating part....I honestly predicted the chargers to be 10-6.
another 8 weeks and we'll see what all shakes down.
Without doubt, Pats and Colts are on a different level but the old saying always stands true........."On any Sunday".....seems the Chargers were the ones to ruin the Colts' last undefeated bid in their house....decidedly.
Very true. That's why they play the game.

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Ziggy,
That 1 line is oh so true....on any given Sunday! I guess with this kind of talent you expect so much more, and at the very least a competitive team even in a loss. Hell Indy was without 2 of their stars, and they damn near pulled it off.
BTW Bob, Rivers has had more than his share of batted down balls this season. Like I said, this is a coin we see different sides on, and neither one of us will agree to take the others side. :D
Zig...I bleed Charger colors, but I bet on a 9-7 season. I really felt they would need another year to pull it together without their coordinators.
Charger blood........My wife knows darn well not to ask me to do anything, especially if they're loosing......puts me in a grumpy mood if they crank out a lame duck.
Looking back last year should have been their year and I honestly think they had a chance to go all the way had they not stepped on their dicks against NE.....LT is not getting younger either.
Lets hope they pull it back together and at least win out the div. and have that shot at the playoffs...
Frustrating to see how on some weekends the left and right brain are not talking to each other. It'll also be interesting to see how they work next weekend....I'm almost brave enough to say they will handle 'em and win.

duffster
11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Alan that was the Chargers Pop Warner team on Sunday not the NFL team.

socalmofo
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Sorry guys but Bill Cowher will not be the coach of the Chargers....Bill Cowher and Marty Schottenheimer are very close friends and Bill Cowher will not coach here because of that.(Why would he? We have all had an ego-maniac for a boss before, not fun!) Cowher and Marty will be the 2 most highly sought after coaches next year. Hate to break it to you guys but the year of the Chargers was last year............The playoff loss was 100% NOT marty's fault!

Not So Fast
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Did anybody happen to notice that when the Colts were putting pressure in the box with an obvious play to get the QB that Brady would hit Moss on a bang bang slant over the middle, one two the ball is gone and 5yard gain or more. Now we have the BEST T.E. right? but he was not thrown to at least while I was watching the game (I left in the third quarter to vommit) so i gotta ask WHY NOT?? Again play calling and who does that :confused: just a thouhgt!!:idea: NSF

Daddy_G
11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Geez, I just tuned in since yesterday - don't y'all have jobs? ;)

socalmofo
11-05-2007, 05:10 PM
They're checking into that package at the line to beat the blitz, it's not a play you call in the huddle, typically. I think if the Chargers audibled into a package that put Gates in the slot, they would probably drop out of the blitz. Plus, by moving Gates into the slot, you lose a blocker. I like the call, but you're going to have to throw it to a receiver. The Chargers actually checked into that play several times against the Raiders to Craig Davis, but Craig is nursing a sprained ankle for the last two games.
Very True, You know your football......It's amazing what a veteran wide receiver could do for that audible. Hopefully Chris Chambers becomes a go-to guy.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
go chargers:D