PDA

View Full Version : Nhra

AZJD
11-04-2007, 07:27 PM
NHRA, i put it in like this, but it switched..???
What do you think of the new format?
I like it. What an exciting day of racing and finals........

3 daytona`s
11-04-2007, 07:32 PM
NHRA, i put it in like this, but it switched..???
What do you think of the new format?
I like it. What an exciting day of racing and finals........
for a long time I guess what ever it is what it is Allen Johnson said tonight with out it would have been out races ago. You must look at both sides

Moneypitt
11-04-2007, 07:44 PM
The new system is still kinda iffy to me. That said, It was a great finale to the season. Once again, Alan Johnson proved why he is the best....The ability to do the job when the chips are down, again........Congratulations to Tony, and Tony, and Jeggie, (what a name to live with, Jeggie) and John Smith, Ricky's son in PS bike.....Burkhart did a great job in Force's car, running blocks for the other team members, just as planned.....I can't wait for the Winternationals, to start this madness all over again...........MP

AZJD
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I am nor NHRA historian, but how long has it been since titles were decided in 3 of the 4 premiere classes in the final? Great racing. Shoemaucher to come from 4th.....

CARLSON-JET
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Good races and alot of upsets. Must have been awesome to be there.

XtrmWakeborder
11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Great day at the races today! I supprised my dad by buying tickets for his bday last night. God I love Top Fuel.

Bense468
11-04-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't know but 4 days out there. 170 beers later, and standing on the starting line half the day today...I'm kinda tired but ready for firebird in 2 weeks :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
11-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't like the new schedule. Race once and win..not - race then win, then race then win and whoever wins...REALLY WINS. It's not for me.
As always, Congrats to the Force Team!

Morg
11-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I am nor NHRA historian, but how long has it been since titles were decided in 3 of the 4 premiere classes in the final? Great racing. Shoemaucher to come from 4th.....
PS bike (Hines), Funny car (Force) & Top fuel (Schumacher) all decided at the finals last year. Top fuel with a win & national record.
I have been following the sport to long to like the new points deal. Also, really was pulling for Capps this year.
Funny car was decided at the finals in 05' (Scelzi)
In three months it starts all over.:) :D :)

boater72
11-04-2007, 09:17 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/speedracer7444/IMG_1358.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/speedracer7444/IMG_1386.jpg

McIntyrelocal
11-04-2007, 11:38 PM
PS bike (Hines), Funny car (Force) & Top fuel (Schumacher) all decided at the finals last year. Top fuel with a win & national record.
I have been following the sport to long to like the new points deal. Also, really was pulling for Capps this year.
ive been fallowing for years and the last2 years capps finished second both at the final race, and the one year he leads for 2/3s of the season they pull this and he gets pushed out i know racing is racing but now there is no chace for almost the whole season there is no bnenfit to run as hard as possible as long as you end up in the top 8 after indy. and tony p didnt run very well all season and barely made it into the chase but i wont rant any more racing is racing and its their rules so ill still go and watch. but way to go burkhart and the whole force team ashley finished in the top ten neff did real good and hight well with jimmy prock hes a bad mother.They had a tough season to finish that good.

RitcheyRch
11-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Love the racing but dont like the new point system.

BoatPI
11-05-2007, 05:46 AM
Just think of this; If John Force had not pulled his team after the fatal crash, Robert Hight would have least qualified in Texas that wekend. That would earn him 20 points. He was second this year in points to Tony P by 19 points!
Al lot of if's in between, but an interesting thought.

Moneypitt
11-05-2007, 07:16 AM
After all is said and done, I don't like this race to the chase crap. I don't like it in Nascar, and I like it even less in NHRA......You should start the chase in the first race, earn points all year, and tally them up at Pomona. To penalize the points leaders by "leveling the playing field" is, IMO, wrong....Now what is NHRA gonna say to Ron Capps if they want to scrap this and go back to the right way?.....So, I guess we're stuck with this system, right or wrong....MP

AZJD
11-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Not at the Finals, in in the final. Did the race get decided in the final? Not at Pamona during the weekend in a semi or something.

Schiada76
11-05-2007, 07:20 AM
So Ray are you saying if there is a Marathon the runners shouldn't be stopped four miles from the finish and regrouped to start again?
The new system sucks.:D

Moneypitt
11-05-2007, 07:28 AM
So Ray are you saying if there is a Marathon the runners shouldn't be stopped four miles from the finish and regrouped to start again?
The new system sucks.:D
Very good example of the unfairness to the leaders........We could re score boxing from the 8th round on, re start Golf at the 15th hole, only the 8 leaders of course, and even out the super bowl in the 4th quarter, say with 5 minutes to go...........Ray

AZJD
11-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Sounds like no one likes it. I was just curious. I don't keep up with all the racing through the weekend. just usually catch the semi's and finals on Sunday when I am not on the lake. I try to make a race every other year or so. Not a huge fan, so I was just curious how you all felt about it.

boater72
11-05-2007, 08:33 AM
After all is said and done, I don't like this race to the chase crap. I don't like it in Nascar, and I like it even less in NHRA......You should start the chase in the first race, earn points all year, and tally them up at Pomona. To penalize the points leaders by "leveling the playing field" is, IMO, wrong....Now what is NHRA gonna say to Ron Capps if they want to scrap this and go back to the right way?.....So, I guess we're stuck with this system, right or wrong....MP
UNDER THE OLD FORMAT – Hight would have won the championship by 15 points over Capps.

gramps
11-05-2007, 09:33 AM
The new system sucks
ya sure got that right.