PDA

View Full Version : Sure Is Quiet Around Here Since The Illegals Fled

Infomaniac
11-05-2007, 08:54 AM
This is not racial.........
The illegals fled Oklahoma by the tens of thousands. New law in effect this month. A felony to transport, harbor, hire etc an illegal. And if they are pulled over or come in contact with the law are deported no questions.
Hospital emergency rooms not full, no junk cars on the side of the road. no junk car in your way puffing blue smoke or parts falling off. Parts stores not open all night any more to accomodate them. Don't have to wait in line while the clerk at the store trys to figure out what the illegal is wanting. Don't have to worry about getting ran into by a no insurance no english speaking person.
It's just different around here in a good way. I didn't honestly think it would be visually noticeable but it is.

snake321
11-05-2007, 09:02 AM
I once lived in an apartment house in Daytona and there was bad cockroaches and those stinkin palmetto bugs and the owner(who also lived there) wouldn't do anything about it. One day all the apartments got together and bombed our apartments and didn't tell him. When he got home his place was crawling.
So, where did the illegals go??

HALLETT BOY
11-05-2007, 09:03 AM
I once lived in an apartment house in Daytona and there was bad cockroaches and those stinkin palmetto bugs and the owner(who also lived there) wouldn't do anything about it. One day all the apartments got together and bombed our apartments and didn't tell him. When he got home his place was crawling.
guess !!

RitcheyRch
11-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Wish we had that law here in CA.

snake321
11-05-2007, 09:07 AM
guess !!
Thanks. Now they're all here....

LhcBrad
11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
You are telling me that if you actualy enforce a law like that, it WORKS!!!!!
Nawwwww cant be so!!!!!

HocusPocus
11-05-2007, 09:10 AM
http://www.koco.com (http://www.koco.com/news/14434766/detail.html)
Latino groups said upward of 20,000 illegal immigrants have fled Tulsa alone in recent weeks. The fear may be greatest there because sheriff's deputies have been trained to assist federal immigration officers.
those numbers would start making a difference pretty quick.

Infomaniac
11-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Don't know where they went but we bombed this state. LOL
If they went to Neighboring states then maybe they will get tired of it and do the same thing.
I bet a bunch went back to Mexico. The tote the note car lots took it up the butt for a little while till they stopped selling to mexicans all together.

snake321
11-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Sure wish I had a melon patch now.

OutCole'd
11-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Has the economy been affected? Just curious.

Infomaniac
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Has the economy been affected? Just curious.
Havent heard. But our economy is not built on illegal worker industries. Like a discussion I had recently by a CA guy that said one of the largest economies in the world (CA) would be ruined if CA flushed out the illegals. I'm pretty sure he was horribly mistaken.
I bet the local Mexican black market is suffering. A lot of what they earned was exchanged between themselves. And the OK $$ that are sent back to Mexico to support their families is going to be missed.

Not So Fast
11-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Just a funny comment: some years ago I was at Rancho Sante Fe where my FIL had a race horse, we were watching him train and stuff and then went back to the cool down area when all of a sudden an INS van pulled up. It was comical because people where jumping into bushes, hiding behind barns etc and yelling "Imigration, imigration" it looked like the end of time with horses wandering around by thenselves, water hoses running on the ground, horses with lather and soap on them just standing there. Got a good laugh from it all:D NSF

OutCole'd
11-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Havent heard. But our economy is not built on illegal worker industries. Like a discussion I had recently by a CA guy that said one of the largest economies in the world (CA) would be ruined if CA flushed out the illegals. I'm pretty sure he was horribly mistaken.
I bet the local Mexican black market is suffering. A lot of what they earned was exchanged between themselves. And the OK $$ that are sent back to Mexico to support their families is going to be missed.
That's great news.

Strippoker
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
went to dinner with one of my business professors over the weekend he was telling me how a bunch of business owners in Texas have started a No speaking spanish or any other non english language on the job rule. Seems they got it past all the BS legal crying in court by saying its a safety issue. Alot have already seen huge influx of better service.

phebus
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
They all fled back to their homeland of California.

dirty old man
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Do you know who this reall pissed off? The ACLU
What does the A stand for anyway?

dirty old man
11-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Do you know who this really pissed off? The ACLU
What does the A stand for anyway?

Strippoker
11-05-2007, 10:44 AM
I belive it was Larry the Cable Guy who put it best..."our goverment spends millions trying to find illegals. had a march a few months back seems to me you couldnt throw a rock and miss one." Once again thanks to the ACLU and the goverment we have become a nation of shall i say Woosies? Thanks Oklahoma now our homdepot will be staffed this xmas

Moneypitt
11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Ca. has laws, the US has laws, just not enforced to the full extent of the meaning. The anchor baby rumor is just that, a rumor. Babies born to Illegals ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY US Citizens. If the parents are not under the control and laws of our government, LEGAL, the babies are just as illegal as the parents....This is how the Constitution was written, read it.............I agree, everyone of these "illegal rights" marches should end in capture and deportation.......It would only work once, but that would be a good start, and put an end to future marches very quickly............Good for Oklahoma, I imagine several other bordering states will have to do the same or be overwhelmed by the fleeing mexicans......The laws are there already, (US), just not enforced..........MP

Troy McClure
11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=Moneypitt;2876603]The anchor baby rumor is just that, a rumor. Babies born to Illegals ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY US Citizens. If the parents are not under the control and laws of our government, LEGAL, the babies are just as illegal as the parents....This is how the Constitution was written, read it.../QUOTE]
The 14th Amendment to the constitution states:
"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
You're going to have a hard time convincing people that is a rumor. However, the Amendment's intention was to give former slave's children citizenship and not to give illegal immigrants citizenship. However the giving of citizenship to illegals has yet to be challenged in court.
Congress has the power to stop this as well and they have yet to take action.

Moneypitt
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
You're going to have a hard time convincing people that is a rumor. However, the Amendment's intention was to give former slave's children citizenship and not to give illegal immigrants citizenship. However the giving of citizenship to illegals has yet to be challenged in court.
Congress has the power to stop this as well and they have yet to take action.[/QUOTE]
Could be taken in several ways. The whole thing boils down to illegally in the country to begin with. That alone would say they are not under the jusidiction of this country's laws, as they have defied the law to be here.......Weak suck congress will never address this issue......MP

CBadDad
11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm always amazed when in Havasu that their are teenages working in the restaurants and not illegals.
Good for OK, probably good for their economy and the teenage crime rates probably will decrease, since now they now have a job to go too.

burtandnancy2
11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I wonder if this will make Lou Dobbs Tonight - today, 11-5...

Havasu Carrera
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
[B]Way to go OK!!!! SET THE STANDARD

Havasu Carrera
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm always amazed when in Havasu that their are teenages working in the restaurants and not illegals.
Good for OK, probably good for their economy and the teenage crime rates probably will decrease, since now they now have a job to go too.
I see the same thing!! Havasu stepping up little by little.
CA falling by the way side!!! lol
SHERIFF CORONA ARESTED!?!?!? Ok maybe we are looking up a little.

Baja Big Dog
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
And the service in Havi restaurants is outstanding!!!:confused:

baja1000
11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I got Jury duty 5week ago and wrote them back I didnt think I could conviced some one for braking the law when the gov.wont inforce the laws on Illgels.They havent sent me any thing yet.I my have found a way to get out of jury duty

baja1000
11-05-2007, 04:19 PM
If everyone does this with there jury duty they mite have to do something about them

RitcheyRch
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Might have to try that.
I got Jury duty 5week ago and wrote them back I didnt think I could conviced some one for braking the law when the gov.wont inforce the laws on Illgels.They havent sent me any thing yet.I my have found a way to get out of jury duty

Troy McClure
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
The whole thing boils down to illegally in the country to begin with. That alone would say they are not under the jusidiction of this country's laws, as they have defied the law to be here...
I'm sure you and I are on the same page regarding illegal immigration however the Constitution "requires the states to provide equal protection under the law to all persons (not only to citizens) within their jurisdictions."
So, unless Congress grows some balls or a challenge is made in the courts, Anchor Babies will continue to be problem, VERY unfortunately....:(

totenhosen
11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Way to serve your country!
Or maybe it was your horrible grammar and/or spelling that made them change their mind.

Moneypitt
11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm sure you and I are on the same page regarding illegal immigration however the Constitution "requires the states to provide equal protection under the law to all persons (not only to citizens) within their jurisdictions."
So, unless Congress grows some balls or a challenge is made in the courts, Anchor Babies will continue to be problem, VERY unfortunately....:(
Yes, we are on the same page..I'm just looking for some literal interpratation....The states equal protection clause can not grant citizenship, that is reserved for the federal government...When a criminal sneaks across our border and drops a kid, she is hardly under the jurisdiction of our Government. If she was, she would be hauled back to the border like the criminal she is.....So technicly the mother was not under the jurisdiction at the time of the birth, unless she was in custody on her way back where she came from....... Kinda like the "right to bear arms" never meant what it is today......We need to clairify when the "jurisdiction" part takes place......The framers of the Constitution never meant for these kids of illegals to be automatic citizens..........MP

soupersonic
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
This was an interesting read, i dont know if its fact based but it sure sounds good.
http://newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty306.htm

MBlaster
11-05-2007, 08:39 PM
I think it would be more like ...California can now finally pay its bills.

Kachina26
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
But, but, but, who will do all those jobs that Americans are unwilling to do? :rolleyes: OK sounds ok to me!

Sleeper CP
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
"F"ing courts, since when did services and privileges become rights:mad:
:mad:
Someone may be protected under our Constitution ,Bill of Rights (Protection from the Government) but that doesn't mean we need to give away our Country to them. And we all know our Constitution was writen to protect citizens of the Country anyway. Lib's and courts realy screw up things.:mad:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

909punk
11-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Sooner Nation took care of it.

86 catalina
11-05-2007, 10:50 PM
What about what they do in china population control?...1 to 2 childern ok...3, cost you ......four, they cut off your little finger......five, shock therapy or caining you get to choose... six?????????? It will only hurt mexicans and anyone else that cant pull out ......

KahunaJuice
11-06-2007, 04:16 AM
Wish we had that law here in CA.
Who would then do all the work?

H20skier
11-06-2007, 05:13 AM
went to dinner with one of my business professors over the weekend he was telling me how a bunch of business owners in Texas have started a No speaking spanish or any other non english language on the job rule. Seems they got it past all the BS legal crying in court by saying its a safety issue. Alot have already seen huge influx of better service.
We have been going to Casa Serrano here at the river since it has opened. It has always been one of our favorite restaurants. The last couple of times, we noticed how all the wait staff were speaking Spanish to one another in the dining room. We found it kind of off-putting. Don't really want to go there anymore.

RitcheyRch
11-06-2007, 05:25 AM
I'm sure we could find someone to do the work. There were people that did before all the illegals showed up here.
Who would then do all the work?

lawbreaker2
11-06-2007, 05:49 AM
So, where did the illegals go??[/QUOTE]
I did see the state tropper had a suv pulled over with 6 of them in handcuffs.:D Sad part is I'm seeing more and more everday here in ohio, And we don't get alot here.:idea: So when you see one, it is a rare thing.

Infomaniac
11-06-2007, 06:07 AM
This was an interesting read, i dont know if its fact based but it sure sounds good.
http://newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty306.htm
So we possibly take a temporary hit. View it as a challenge and deal with it like we always have.

Seadog
11-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Certain businesses have complained that they cannot get help. The cotton gins are not able to work around the clock, and one guy was complaining that local help was worthless. A lot of the construction jobs are wanting, but that is not a big deal because the housing industry is winding down. I can see the big construction projects being in a bind at times because so many of the concrete crews are a slice of Nueva Laredo. However, when they have to pay more to attract the good workers, these jobs will get filled.

soupersonic
11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
So we possibly take a temporary hit. View it as a challenge and deal with it like we always have.
I guess you only glanced at the first paragraph.

Infomaniac
11-06-2007, 10:26 AM
I guess you only glanced at the first paragraph.
I am guilty of that quite often. :D
Actually I did just that and just chose your post to quote but I was answering in general to everyone that mentioned who would do the work.

Moneypitt
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I agree that we don't know exactly how things would work out IF all the illegals were gone. Either voluntarily, or rounded up and kicked out. But I sure would like to try it. What have we got to loose? We could always let some of them come back, legally, the right way.......Work visas, or legal immigration. Lets try it........Then we will know for sure...........Hell, we don't even know how many are here, and never will.......MP

86 catalina
11-07-2007, 11:55 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42673&stc=1&d=1194508524The problem is that the majority of mexican women have ....and im being nice ,at least 3 children.THEN THOSE CHILDERN HAVE 2 TO 4 CHILDREN Over a 30 year span that will double to triple the mexican population.They will take over if we dont put our foot down and say enough is enough.The gov. or we have to put a stop to how many children the latin community is allowed to have per senorita.......OK i have to say it is more like each mexican woman has 6 children.Think:sqeyes: about how that affects the POP.

86 catalina
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
no reply huh.....?

HemiDude
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Where in Mexico are you living now?:D :D :D

CARLSON-JET
11-12-2007, 06:21 AM
no reply huh.....?
You are being to nice in previous said reply.

snake321
11-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Where in Mexico are you living now?:D :D :D
Sorry, we're not neighbors....

H20Advantage
11-12-2007, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Moneypitt;2876603]The anchor baby rumor is just that, a rumor. Babies born to Illegals ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY US Citizens. If the parents are not under the control and laws of our government, LEGAL, the babies are just as illegal as the parents....This is how the Constitution was written, read it.../QUOTE]
Congress has the power to stop this as well and they have yet to take action.
Actually the Supreme Court has upheld that if you are here illegally and have a child they are not automatically American Citizens. Its the politicians that are allowing this to go on so that they don't get pushed out of office by all the special interest groups.
I believe we have a few in office here in CA that their parents were illegal and they were born her. So don't you think they may fight this issue a little harder.

steve d
11-12-2007, 08:20 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42673&stc=1&d=1194508524The problem is that the majority of mexican women have ....and im being nice ,at least 3 children.THEN THOSE CHILDERN HAVE 2 TO 4 CHILDREN Over a 30 year span that will double to triple the mexican population.They will take over if we dont put our foot down and say enough is enough.The gov. or we have to put a stop to how many children the latin community is allowed to have per senorita.......OK i have to say it is more like each mexican woman has 6 children.Think:sqeyes: about how that affects the POP.
Put this in your reality folder: "Immigration Gumbals" ...For those who haven't seen this!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4094926727128068265&pr=goog-sl&h

SB
11-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I agree that we don't know exactly how things would work out IF all the illegals were gone. Either voluntarily, or rounded up and kicked out. But I sure would like to try it. What have we got to loose? We could always let some of them come back, legally, the right way.......Work visas, or legal immigration. Lets try it........Then we will know for sure...........Hell, we don't even know how many are here, and never will.......MP
Yeah, I've thought this before, but never seen it in print. If we have a shortage of Mexicans, we can always bring in more.

roostwear
11-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Or God forbid, we go back to the way it's been. Our kids get off their ass, stop feeling entitled to a lifestyle they did nothing to build or support, and learn what "start at the bottom" means. It may take care of more problems than we think.

Seadog
11-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Despite the Cali attitude, it is Oklahoma that is making a lot of the important legislation lately. It was Oklahoma that started the shutdown of meth labs by regulating OTC drug sales. Since then, the number of meth labs have dropped so much that federal and state agents are able to work on stemming the flow of cocain, heroin, and crystal meth. One of the big sources of those drugs into Oklahoma was the use of Mexican mules. This new law is running off the illegals that were bring in the drugs. You cannot stop it, but with solid legislation, you can sure slow it down where you can manage it.
And the great part of being in the beginning, is that when the states around you start seeing all this stuff moving into their territory, they start making similar laws. So you keep moving them further and further away here.

Infomaniac
11-12-2007, 02:44 PM
The little things are noticeable also.
No one stealing pallets or begging for them. Not stealing scrap. and POS trucks piled to the moon with crap driving around or broken down on the side of the road.
Oh yea and the mexicans ignoring the traffic signals for some reason has decreased significantly

86 catalina
11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Put this in your reality folder: "Immigration Gumbals" ...For those who haven't seen this!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4094926727128068265&pr=goog-sl&h
Damn steve d i had it in writing you straight up have video .....your the man this is what i was saying earlier.They breed like rabbits,ng for americans.

wedge44
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Ya I can see them American Citizen's lining up to pick fruit and veggies right now:D :D :D

3 daytona`s
11-27-2007, 07:00 PM
there was always a saying, the COLD,SNOW and General Shit there will always keep thr Riff-Raff out?:idea: Until the Meat Packing plants IBP and Tyson imported Illegalls by the Bus load and believe me many good neighborhoods went to HELL,property values dropped,15 people living in one house 7 vehicles out front people pissing in street and front lawn of an otherwise good neighborhood:( Please do not say whites will not do thee jobs pay the wage and there will be a line. I`m not even going into the crime it brought along.

Sanger D
11-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Just got back from Heavener OK and potoue, fell in love with the people and the country,went back there to look at property, looked in fort smith and van buren ARK. also. Put the house on the market already!!!!!! The counrtyside and cost of homes was incredible!!!!!We are SOOOOO there.

thatguy
11-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I read all this and keep asking my self, " How would Joe Horn handle this?"
He seems like a guy who would serve up the answer rather quickly.
And no, I don't mean shooting them. Seems like laws are made today with one overiding theme and that is to be "fair" to everyone, including the transgressor.
I feel that laws should be like, one sentence long and very simple.
I have a solution for the whole strawberry picking problem also.
If you get caught as an illegal: First offense, deport. Second offense, forced labor in the fields for xx months, THEN deport. Work force would probably increase in a month. The wage paid by the strawberry field producer would be garnished to offset the cost of the "work camp".
Third offense? What, maybe have "ILLEGAL" tatood on the forhead?
Just some thoughts. Tommy

derelict
11-27-2007, 08:59 PM
The problem is corporations line the pockets of our goverment. Less money to the worker is more money for them. They dont care about this country, they just care about the dollar (corporate GREED!):mad:

bonesfab
11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
I wholly agree with the corparate greed. do you really need a 20:rolleyes: million dollar bonus every year..

Big Warlock
11-28-2007, 06:01 AM
You all have some great points.
But where exactly is the line of people displaced by the Mexican workers? I am looking for the line of people that used to be maids at hotels, busboys, farm workers, landscapers, car wash guys, fast food workers, etc. etc.
You know why you won't find them? 4% unemployment. (Hint, there are approximately 100 million people on payroll today.)
It's a reality. What needs to happen is english needs to be made the national language. The freebies need to stop. And a worker's program needs to be put into place.
You all talk about the "legal" method like it is easy and can be done by anyone. It takes years!!! It's a stupid process. No other country with a labor deficit handles it this way. And yes, we have a labor deficit!!!
Otherwise, get your kids off the couch and down to burger king!! It used to be to teach you what you don't want to do for the rest of your lives. Now your kids are at the door wanting to be VP of something!!! LOL :D

Infomaniac
11-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Just got back from Heavener OK and potoue, fell in love with the people and the country,went back there to look at property, looked in fort smith and van buren ARK. also. Put the house on the market already!!!!!! The counrtyside and cost of homes was incredible!!!!!We are SOOOOO there.
Dude what is out there in Poteau and Heavener that atracts you? Work?
Come visit Tulsa. We have more drag boat frinedly places to boat than you can imagine. And were still going to the lake early this month.
Hijaaked my own thread.

86 catalina
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
drivers licensehttp://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44049&stc=1&d=1196280793

Havasu1
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
This is not racial.........
The illegals fled Oklahoma by the tens of thousands. New law in effect this month. A felony to transport, harbor, hire etc an illegal. And if they are pulled over or come in contact with the law are deported no questions.
Hospital emergency rooms not full, no junk cars on the side of the road. no junk car in your way puffing blue smoke or parts falling off. Parts stores not open all night any more to accomodate them. Don't have to wait in line while the clerk at the store trys to figure out what the illegal is wanting. Don't have to worry about getting ran into by a no insurance no english speaking person.
It's just different around here in a good way. I didn't honestly think it would be visually noticeable but it is.
Sounds like a good blueprint for the rest of America

86 catalina
11-28-2007, 11:04 PM
The problem is corporations line the pockets of our goverment. Less money to the worker is more money for them. They dont care about this country, they just care about the dollar (corporate GREED!):mad:
You are totally right.http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44089&stc=1&d=1196319571

86 catalina
11-28-2007, 11:07 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44090&stc=1&d=1196319998holy sharpie

86 catalina
11-28-2007, 11:09 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44091&stc=1&d=1196319845