PDA

View Full Version : Tour De Trident... Havasu!!!!

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Just got some freedom in my schedule and have decided to hit Havasu on Saturday morning and afternoon. We will be leaving from Havasu to hit Pleasant on Saturday, so anyone looking to get together and take a ride on Saturday drop me an e-mail at wes@tridentboats.com or call me on my cell at (619) 823-5643 and we will make sure to set some time aside for you.
See you out there!
Wes

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 03:41 PM
OK, looks like we will be in the channel around 8:00 in the morning for any early risers.
I would like to schedule folks in so we don't ditch anyone by mistake...

MR HARLEY
03-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Wes,
We'll see in the channel at around 9am :cool:
Saturday is just getting better by the minute :rollside:

OutCole'd
03-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Wes, I got your message. I won't be in Havi this weekend, so I will have to take my ride the next time out.
Thanks,
Bill

INSman
03-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Can't make this weekend, but soon enough !!! :)

6 Dollar Boat
03-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I'll look for you in the channel, but 8:00 is way too early for me. I'll be on the water about 11:00. Hope to see ya out there...

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
I'll look for you in the channel, but 8:00 is way too early for me. I'll be on the water about 11:00. Hope to see ya out there...
A couple of folks are getting out of town early so we will be in the channel waiting for them. I will be in and out all day though...
Wes

Froggystyle
03-04-2006, 05:14 AM
Ok, late start this morning... leaving SD right now. I will be in the channel by 11 though, but I am solo now. Launching should be fun....
See you in five hours!

FRANK THE TANK
03-04-2006, 06:58 AM
... :)

Keith E. Sayre
03-04-2006, 07:20 AM
If you get the message, call me at 928-680-1400. I'm at work but I'll make
sure someone gets you backed into the water and prk the truck and fed
and all that.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

scarabrick2
03-04-2006, 07:47 AM
I called Wes and gave him your message. Your a stand up guy to help a brother out. He's going to stop by or call you on the way into town.
Rick

Keith E. Sayre
03-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Pretty impressive I might add. Looking for that ride this afternoon?
Keith Sayre

JB in so cal
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Pretty impressive I might add. Looking for that ride this afternoon?
Keith Sayre
Keith. When you do get that ride, I'd like to know how it feels running in comparison to a boat like mine or a Conquest. I know it's much lighter and the lay up is different, but as many boats as you've been in you have an interesting perspective.
Have fun.

Keith E. Sayre
03-04-2006, 01:56 PM
And I'll be brutally honest about it too. Be it good or bad, it'll be the straight
scoop no matter who it hurts or helps. You see, I really don't see Wes as
competition at all. We sell $90,000 to $125,000 deckboats all day everyday.
I believe that his boat is priced a bit higher up and not many of my customers
will want his boat and not many of his will want my boat so it works out good.
Heck, I wouldn't mind him parking one of those things over here for the guy
that simply wants to be exotic or different and they're out there. So far,
I liked what I saw. Lots of cool things, a few gimmicky things but way cool
overall.
Keith Sayre

ROZ
03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Keith. When you do get that ride, I'd like to know how it feels running in comparison to a boat like mine or a Conquest. I know it's much lighter and the lay up is different, but as many boats as you've been in you have an interesting perspective.
Have fun.
Quit your blabbering and buy an f'n Trident already.. Geet ur azz out of that gay magic club of yours... So, is RR really the president of the club?

JB in so cal
03-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Quit your blabbering and buy an f'n Trident already.. Geet ur azz out of that gay magic club of yours... So, is RR really the president of the club?
Wow. So you get a little sleep and look who's all in people's shiat!
Go back to work. Homo!

ROZ
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Yea. I worked all day :) Doesn't feel like it though... Feels like,VICTORY :D

ROZ
03-04-2006, 09:20 PM
And I'll be brutally honest about it too. Be it good or bad, it'll be the straight
scoop no matter who it hurts or helps. You see, I really don't see Wes as
competition at all. We sell $90,000 to $125,000 deckboats all day everyday.
I believe that his boat is priced a bit higher up and not many of my customers
will want his boat and not many of his will want my boat so it works out good.
Heck, I wouldn't mind him parking one of those things over here for the guy
that simply wants to be exotic or different and they're out there. So far,
I liked what I saw. Lots of cool things, a few gimmicky things but way cool
overall.
Keith Sayre
I guess the same argument can be made by deck and pontoons boat mfg.'s that produce boats from 15k-60k as compared to the 60k + hot"deck"boat market.
I totally see what you're saying.. Not your market.
SAme with what our a/v market was .. home systems from 5k - 80k instead of the 50k - 1mil home a/v systems the CEDIA companies could provide.
:)

cc322
03-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Good luck Wes I passed you on ehernburg this morning comming out of parker at least it looked like you towing the Trident I was in a white f250 :p And there was no way you were gonna make it in the channel by 8.00am :cry:

wsuwrhr
03-05-2006, 02:21 AM
I called Wes about 1:30 in the afternoon to tell him the weather in Mead was about as bitchen as it could get.
70 deg, and no wind.
Was a perfect day on the water.
Brian

Mandelon
03-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Where's Keith's write-up?

JB in so cal
03-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Hot Boat deleted it :rollside:

Brian
03-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Went for a ride today at Pleasant, thanks again Wes & Clay! Boat looks good, lots of original ideas and some nice hardware, particularly under the hatch. Water wasn't too challenging on the way out to Humbug but the hull certainly ate up the few bumps we did encounter, had a nice solid feel and good ride. I'm sure this boat will do well once it finds its place in the market. Congrats to the whole Trident crew - years of hard work paying off for sure.
BTW, the stereo is incredible. Seemed to have an unusual ability to attract the ladies and make their clothes fall off. Now that's some powerful bass!
:rollside:

ROZ
03-05-2006, 09:55 PM
post number 14...

Mandelon
03-06-2006, 07:04 AM
I meant the one he promised to write AFTER he rode in it. :mad: :cool:

Froggystyle
03-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone!
Posting it up from the parking lot of OPM Customs here in Tempe right now on an unsecured wireless point! Gotta love unsecured broadband...
First things first. I gotta thank "Mr. Havasu" Keith Sayre for giving me a seriously unwarranted amount of help on Saturday. As you can see from the thread, the offer for help was immediate, and as it turns out sincere in the highest sense. Keith knew he had a client in the shop that morning, so he actually called a friend (Thanks again Scott, you were a phenomenal tour guide and great boat buddy...) and had him come down to show me the ropes at Windsor and get the trailer parked. I can't speak highly enough about how committed Keith is to the boating community and the great folks of Havasu. Truly a great ambassador for the city. While he pulled me out of the water, he jumped in three different trucks that I saw and helped them recover thier boats as well.
As though that needed topping off, he then dragged me back to his house where he helped me wipe down the boat, tried to feed me and offered a place to stay. What a guy... Super thanks to Keith and Scott for all of their help. Clearly, they have been there before and really were out to make it as easy as possible for me.
OK, all that being said, I got to meet some great folks in the channel on Saturday. LHCVictory and family were just awesome, as was 6 dollar boat, Richard and Marlee, Craig and family (Mr. Harley, who by the way has an absolutely amazing boat...) Big Doug, and like 50 other folks that came on and spent a bunch of time on the boat and got to see first hand what we have spent the last 4 years building. Thanks to everyone for their interest and support. It was totally awesome getting on the water with you all..
The neatest thing about Havasu is how knowledgable the crowd was. We towed through town once and had people coming down to the channel all day that had never heard of Trident, never seen the boat on the internet and had no idea what it was, but came down to see because it was clear that it was something different. One pass through town... EARLY! Even crazier were the four trucks that pulled into the parking lot at Conquest who followed me through town. That says quite a bit about exactly how much that place knows about the industry and what had just showed up.
Thanks again to everyone. We are likely going to be out there in two weeks for Spring Break and will see you all again.
I am sure I forgot someone... a million people perhaps but the whole day was a blur and I just want to say thanks to everyone for making the Revolution's first day on Havasu memorable.
I can't believe that was "winter"!
Squirts up!
Wes

svlperry
03-06-2006, 09:01 AM
if your going to be out there the 16th thru the 19th i'll be there and would like to go for a ride

MR HARLEY
03-06-2006, 02:04 PM
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_1100592.jpg
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_546577.jpg
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_1023694.jpg
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_1112162.jpg
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_1307085.jpg
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_21413.jpg
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_828552.jpg
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_271059.jpg

ROZ
03-06-2006, 02:19 PM
http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/1141563628/med_gallery_1620_200_1100592.jpg
Pic reminds me of 2 weeks ago... My daughter too was jumping all over the Revolution... so damn roomy.. She absolutely loved it :)

MR HARLEY
03-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Pic reminds me of 2 weeks ago... My daughter too was jumping all over the Revolution... so damn roomy.. She absolutely loved it :)
A very roomy boat, with some punch in it right out of the hole :crossx:, turns on a dime also. I dont think there is a planeing time either:idea:

phebus
03-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Ooooooooooh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-06-2006, 04:38 PM
A very roomy boat, with some punch in it right out of the hole :crossx:, turns on a dime also. I dont think there is a planeing time either:idea:
Thats because its powered by a JET :crossx: :crossx: ;) nice looking rig wes!

Doctor Kenneth Noisewater
03-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey everyone!
Posting it up from the parking lot of OPM Customs here in Tempe right now on an unsecured wireless point! Gotta love unsecured broadband...
First things first. I gotta thank "Mr. Havasu" Keith Sayre for giving me a seriously unwarranted amount of help on Saturday. As you can see from the thread, the offer for help was immediate, and as it turns out sincere in the highest sense. Keith knew he had a client in the shop that morning, so he actually called a friend (Thanks again Scott, you were a phenomenal tour guide and great boat buddy...) and had him come down to show me the ropes at Windsor and get the trailer parked. I can't speak highly enough about how committed Keith is to the boating community and the great folks of Havasu. Truly a great ambassador for the city. While he pulled me out of the water, he jumped in three different trucks that I saw and helped them recover thier boats as well.
As though that needed topping off, he then dragged me back to his house where he helped me wipe down the boat, tried to feed me and offered a place to stay. What a guy... Super thanks to Keith and Scott for all of their help. Clearly, they have been there before and really were out to make it as easy as possible for me.
OK, all that being said, I got to meet some great folks in the channel on Saturday. LHCVictory and family were just awesome, as was 6 dollar boat, Richard and Marlee, Craig and family (Mr. Harley, who by the way has an absolutely amazing boat...) Big Doug, and like 50 other folks that came on and spent a bunch of time on the boat and got to see first hand what we have spent the last 4 years building. Thanks to everyone for their interest and support. It was totally awesome getting on the water with you all..
The neatest thing about Havasu is how knowledgable the crowd was. We towed through town once and had people coming down to the channel all day that had never heard of Trident, never seen the boat on the internet and had no idea what it was, but came down to see because it was clear that it was something different. One pass through town... EARLY! Even crazier were the four trucks that pulled into the parking lot at Conquest who followed me through town. That says quite a bit about exactly how much that place knows about the industry and what had just showed up.
Thanks again to everyone. We are likely going to be out there in two weeks for Spring Break and will see you all again.
I am sure I forgot someone... a million people perhaps but the whole day was a blur and I just want to say thanks to everyone for making the Revolution's first day on Havasu memorable.
I can't believe that was "winter"!
Squirts up!
Wes
Careful with those unsecured wireless points, a connection like that goes both ways. Wish I had been there this weekend though :(

LHC30Victory
03-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Wes, It was great to finally meet you! And the Revolution is just that, it was a great ride and I can't believe the acceleration! Loved the wake jump of the ferry - what a solid landing, no rattles etc.
If you really want some one to give it the mil spec tryout - I'm still here :skull:

Froggystyle
03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Wes, It was great to finally meet you! And the Revolution is just that, it was a great ride and I can't believe the acceleration! Loved the wake jump of the ferry - what a solid landing, no rattles etc.
If you really want some one to give it the mil spec tryout - I'm still here :skull:
I will definitely keep that under advisement. ;) Seriously though, it was awesome hanging out with you three, and I got a big kick out of your wife, who was totally cool.
We will be there two weekends for now for sure. Hopefully you guys will have on your party hats and we will get to drink a few beers this time!
Unbelievably, Lake Pleasant made the Havasu Channel look mundane... ;) I think you will have to step it up a notch for the Spring Break crowd!
Speaking of which... we are now auditioning our crew for the weekend... please submit photos and drink preferences to the doorman on your way out.

Seadog
03-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Wes;
I just got the new E-mail. Great pics and I would love to see the boat in real time. Apparently your signup sheet is not compatible with my system, so I cannot sign up. If you ever plan to hit the Oklahoma area, you might post the details here so I can see. I know some others that do not frequent the Sandbar that would also be interested.
Grand lake would be your best bet, with Texoma and Skiatook right on its heels. If you are looking for potential outlets, Ugly John's would be my first recommendation. I think he has stores at all three lakes. FYI, the local lake here, Lake Carl Blackwell, is where Mercruiser does its testing. It is only 3300 acres, but has some nice features.

riverracerx
03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Wes,
Looking forward to seeing the boat in person tomorrow! I will see you in the channel.
Chris
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/non-cgi/Skin/SKIN-2/images/logo.jpg

RiverToysJas
03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Anyone doing the sandbar tomorrow afternoon?
RTJas :D

Froggystyle
03-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Anyone doing the sandbar tomorrow afternoon?
RTJas :D
I'll bring my wetsuit... Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the call Wes.
It is only river water, not that cold !!!! :cool:

blackcloud75
03-17-2006, 02:52 PM
just bring all your friends in your avatar...you'll be fine :rollside:
you thinking about a run to the sandbar?

JB in so cal
03-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Man. Didn't your training in the navy require you to stand with a tree trunk on your head splashing around in the ocean in the middle of January?
Time changes everyone... :)

Cole
03-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Man. Didn't your training in the navy require you to stand with a tree trunk on your head splashing around in the ocean in the middle of January?
Time changes everyone... :)
LOL....Our navy seals all standing around shivering saying "hold me i'm cold"!!
sorry Wes just Fn with ya!!!!

Froggystyle
03-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Actually, truth is I hated being cold, just like everyone else. We bitched like air raid sirens every time it got cold... we just did it anyway.
I choose not to be cold now if I can. It is uncomfortable and unneccessary. I have gear for that.
I already spent my "hard" chips on BUD/s. Now I am cashing in on the "soft" ones!

yeah,right
03-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Actually, truth is I hated being cold, just like everyone else. We bitched like air raid sirens every time it got cold... we just did it anyway.
I choose not to be cold now if I can. It is uncomfortable and unneccessary. I have gear for that.
I already spent my "hard" chips on BUD/s. Now I am cashing in on the "soft" ones!
I don't blame you. You definately put in your time already in the cold.
Where are the pictures from today in Havasu for those of us that didn't make it?