PDA

View Full Version : Where to live?

mostly crue
11-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I need some help here. Been living in Parker for about 2 years now. The wife and I are getting ready for the kids..etc. I want to know where to llive in Havasu. Does everybody like Southside, Central, Northern part?
P.S. please don't P.M. with your house for sale. I'm buying a lot and building the house.
Thanks Jeff

rrrr
11-06-2007, 02:31 PM
P.S. please don't P.M. with your house for sale. I'm buying a lot and building the house.
Thanks Jeff
LOL!!!! :D :D

Havasu1986
11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I need some help here. Been living in Parker for about 2 years now. The wife and I are getting ready for the kids..etc. I want to know where to llive in Havasu. Does everybody like Southside, Central, Northern part?
Thanks Jeff
I am above the high school which is quiet. But I would rather be down lower because I am only there on weekends and it seems like forever to get to the water. But if I lived there it would be fine.

lakeluver
11-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Southside...I lived on the northside for over 20 yrs. and the southside has grown last, thus, much nicer houses.

phebus
11-06-2007, 02:40 PM
The town is spotty, with no real good or bad part of town. The best thing to do would be to find houses that meet your criteria, and then go look at them and check out what the area is like around them. When we were looking to move here, we would find beautifull homes that we really liked, but when we went to look at them, it looked like crack house row round them. Don't believe people that tel you one area is better then another.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Our house is up off of McCulloch past Jamaica. Nice and quiet. The only thing that is a drag is that we are away from everything in town. A run to the grocery store is a 30-45 minute trip but it is not a real problem...We have some friends that ahve a house on the South side of town and they can walk to the new Bashas which would be nice...during the Fall/Winter/Spring...

uLtRADeNniS
11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks Jeff
This house just came on the market... It looks like a really good deal, Im not exactly sure of the price so you'll have to call the Realtor. It has a really open floor plan. Its pretty centrally located too! Id jump on it quick...with everyone one not being able to qualify for much these days it will be in escrow quick with multiple back up offers!
http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz1386outcome1.jpg

Havasu_Dreamin
11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
When we were looking to move here, we would find beautifull homes that we really liked, but when we went to look at them, it looked like crack house row round them. Don't believe people that tel you one area is better then another.
Exactly...

That Guy
11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
This house just came on the market... It looks like a really good deal, Im not exactly sure of the price so you'll have to call the Realtor. It has a really open floor plan. Its pretty centrally located too! Id jump on it quick...with everyone one not being able to qualify for much these days it will be in escrow quick with multiple back up offers!
once again, really not funny.....:mad: :devil: :mad:

yopengo
11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
We selected the North side. I like being close to the launch. We are close to the stores, restaurants and not too far from most things. It takes me about five minutes to get to Windsor. I wanted a flat lot with a view of the lake (hard to find). The new shopping center is on the North side and I thought it would be a better ROI. We are also close to the High School. We also have friends with a home on the North side also… so that was another determining factor. I really like the South side… it’s just a bit too far from a launch. :D

DeltaSigBoater
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
So you're moving out of your van down by the river? :D

photo chick
11-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks Jeff
hey she can't have kids.....who's gonna drive the boat? I will I will!! :D

Throttle
11-06-2007, 04:16 PM
palo verde near kiowa is nice... wanna but mine?
not for sale, well it could be if you want, everything is... for a price

ElimJimsOtherHalf
11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Anything around Amigo/Avalon is real nice (big homes to support growth value), quick drive to shopping (Walmart, Food City), etc., but out of the way of the tourist crowd, but minutes to Windsor. Check Joanna Realty..has a nice lot next door to us (great view, great for tuck under), kinda narrow...it was $145K last year, I think they're asking like around $80K now.

uvindex
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
P.S. please don't P.M. with your house for sale. I'm buying a lot and building the house.So does this mean we can PM with our lots for sale? :D

Ion
11-06-2007, 05:18 PM
There are still a few lots around the London Bridge golf course neighborhood. I think the Refuge golf course has some left as well. IMO golf course homes are always going to be more valuable than non-golf course homes.
Thanks Jeff

lakeluver
11-06-2007, 05:45 PM
A couple more weeks on UI, and I'll be that guy's neighbor...:)

franky
11-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Our house is up off of McCulloch past Jamaica. Nice and quiet. The only thing that is a drag is that we are away from everything in town. A run to the grocery store is a 30-45 minute trip but it is not a real problem...We have some friends that ahve a house on the South side of town and they can walk to the new Bashas which would be nice...during the Fall/Winter/Spring...
I live up there also (Black Hill Drive) but I can make it to Smiths in 6 Minutes or down to Bashas in about 8. Next time take the car.:D
The reason it is so nice and quiet is because you are away from town. I love it!

mostly crue
11-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted. the reason I want a lot is beacuse the wife and I need a big garage space.I don't need a large home, so I think it may be difficult to find. If you didn't know what Photo Chick is talking about, my wife races boats and it is the main reason we moved out here. I like Parker, but as much as I hate to say it, It's not really family oriented.( the schools are not very good and there is not alot of families here.)
Jeff

lalhc
11-07-2007, 01:52 PM
When I was looking at homes my realtor found the criteria of all these nice homes, but unfortunately, these nice homes were smack in the middle of older run down homes or between duplexes. We fortunately found a home on a 28K sq ft lot and in a great neighborhood w/full time residences and nice homes. I looked all throughout Havasu, but ended up finding this home on the North side of town. I really like the homes West (lakeside) of the Hwy off Palo Verde North. The price tag on those homes were out of my range for a part-time home, but that's exactly were I would live if I were a full-time resident.

War Canoe
11-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Better economy...1000 times as much boating. Don't get me wrong, I love the river too, but it is a piss pond compared to the Delta.

franky
11-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Better economy...1000 times as much boating. Don't get me wrong, I love the river too, but it is a piss pond compared to the Delta.
Speeking of piss ponds, you got to love the fact that all of the San Juaquin valley agricultural land (pesticide runoff) drains into the Delta. :D

BEER&WATER
11-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Better economy...1000 times as much boating. Don't get me wrong, I love the river too, but it is a piss pond compared to the Delta. are you new

Ziggy
11-09-2007, 02:58 PM
If you have or will have little ones in school anytime soon base your purchase on the school ratings so they get the best they can...from my understanding the school in the north end of town rates better(forgot the name). As others have stated, anywhere in town is pretty good but it depends on the neighboring homes and the pride of ownership of those homes. I've seen plenty of georgious homes right next to a trash laden rickety dump of a house.....use your best judgement.
Ion did mention gold course homes values are generally better ;)
HH, how long does it take you to get to Smith's for groceries? I'm barely over the hill from you(jamaica/kiowa) and its 5 minutes....shit I go to the hardware store in the old part of town and back in 20 minutes:confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
HH, how long does it take you to get to Smith's for groceries? I'm barely over the hill from you(jamaica/kiowa) and its 5 minutes....shit I go to the hardware store in the old part of town and back in 20 minutes:confused:
We shop at the Safeway and from the time I leave the house to when I return it is usually 30-45 minutes. Just driving down there is no more than a 5-7 minute trip, longer if I get behind a blue hair.....

Ziggy
11-09-2007, 03:53 PM
We shop at the Safeway and from the time I leave the house to when I return it is usually 30-45 minutes. Just driving down there is no more than a 5-7 minute trip, longer if I get behind a blue hair.....
Ok, well if that included the shopping time you are rather efficient....we'll shop either depending on where we are when we decide to go, sometimes even the old Basha's......Smiths is the most convenient and I do support my brothers employer(Kroger) in doing so but I don't get everything there.

boatnam2
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted. the reason I want a lot is beacuse the wife and I need a big garage space.I don't need a large home, so I think it may be difficult to find. If you didn't know what Photo Chick is talking about, my wife races boats and it is the main reason we moved out here. I like Parker, but as much as I hate to say it, It's not really family oriented.( the schools are not very good and there is not alot of families here.)
Jeff
Your kidding right? about moving to parker because your wife races.

Moneypitt
11-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Jeff, If I were just starting a family I would run as far from Havasu as possible. By the time your future family will be in school, Havasu will be gangbanger central every weekend, all summer.......If not worse than that........Some people here on HB actually encourage that mentality in Havasu.........Beware, plan for the future, not the present.......Ray

ULTRA26 # 1
11-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Jeff, If I were just starting a family I would run as far from Havasu as possible. By the time your future family will be in school, Havasu will be gangbanger central every weekend, all summer.......If not worse than that........Some people here on HB actually encourage that mentality in Havasu.........Beware, plan for the future, not the present.......Ray
This is great advice. Havi or BHC are not great places to raise kids, IMO

Havasu Tea-Hag
11-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I won't P.M. you with my house for sale just yet, but we are old boat racers, too, and we recently bought a big compound and built a new garage-mahal..............which means:
Now we need to sell our other home which is completely boat racer ready - average size house (1700 square feet) with a large 3+RV, 1500 square foot, swamp cooled garage (complete with clean room) and plenty of parking for anything you can imagine. It is located on that desired and popular lakeside north where everyone likes to be. The lot is over 17,000 square feet, in the back of a cul-de-sac (no junk homes), has a rear lake view, a driveway that is flat as a pancake, and there is over 12,000 square feet of concrete so you have no dust. Ask around on hot-boat - I like to make deals.............
This house is not as expensive as you might think. Call me if you are interested - call me even if you're not. I'm good with free information :)
Debbie Oster
River Valley Mortgage
(928) 854-5363

Moneypitt
11-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I really like the "flat driveway" part. If you have ever had to work on a slanted driveway, even a very slightly slanted driveway, you will really appreicate a flat one!!!! Sounds like a perfect house for the Cracker Racers. But Jeff builds, so..............I'm sure he has just exactly what he wants in mind............MP

Havasu Tea-Hag
11-09-2007, 10:10 PM
I know building your own home is an exciting thing to do, but with the market the way it is now, much money might be saved by buying something already existing. We've been in Havasu 15 years now and I have found that most of the "choice" lots are already gone. The home we are relocating to was built in 1986 so we had to build the big garage (boats were smaller then), but the view is to die for, and the lot is over an acre, one block from town, so there is a lot more noise than in the quiet cul-de-sac. We are trading quiet for more space and better view.
If Jeff is a builder, I'm sure he can get a lot more for his money than the average Joe. I have a "flat as a pancake" lot for sale, too. $99,900.00.
Sorry for the "spam" - I just couldn't help myself :)
Good luck to you no matter where you choose, but if I can help in any way, feel free to call. :)

TrojanDan
11-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Now we need to sell our other home which is completely boat racer ready - average size house (1700 square feet) with a large 3+RV, 1500 square foot, swamp cooled garage (complete with clean room) and plenty of parking for anything you can imagine. It is located on that desired and popular lakeside north where everyone likes to be. The lot is over 17,000 square feet, in the back of a cul-de-sac (no junk homes), has a rear lake view, a driveway that is flat as a pancake, and there is over 12,000 square feet of concrete so you have no dust. Ask around on hot-boat - I like to make deals.............
This house is not as expensive as you might think. Call me if you are interested - call me even if you're not. I'm good with free information :)
Debbie Oster
River Valley Mortgage
(928) 854-5363
Wow, sounds very interesting, but I like the place you helped me finance here almost 5 years to the date! :cool:
And oh yeah, Southside!!! Northsiders can have Windsor and the Marina to themselves and every other weekend visitor that comes. I prefer the drama free southside lauch ramps.

franky
11-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah, Moneypit you sure are a f#ckin know it all. You should just stay in VENTURA County, maybe hang out with the Houston Hood in Thousand Oaks and stay the hell away from here. DICK:jawdrop:
But BTW, everyone should indeed, stay away from Havasu.

Havasu Tea-Hag
11-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Wow, sounds very interesting, but I like the place you helped me finance here almost 5 years to the date! :cool:
And oh yeah, Southside!!! Northsiders can have Windsor and the Marina to themselves and every other weekend visitor that comes. I prefer the drama free southside lauch ramps.
Hi Dan,
Nice to hear you're still out there in hot-boat land :)
Hope all is well.
Debbie

Moneypitt
11-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah, Moneypit you sure are a f#ckin know it all. You should just stay in VENTURA County, maybe hang out with the Houston Hood in Thousand Oaks and stay the hell away from here. DICK:jawdrop:
But BTW, everyone should indeed, stay away from Havasu.
See what I mean Jeff, this prick is worried about his gang territory, it just has to get worse if this mental giant breeds. Do you really want your kids in school anywhere near his house? The only time I spend in Havasu is passing through. The only time I spend with THE Houston hood, (I guess there is just one, singular) is un intentional, as the hood, (singular) is unknown to me...........And yeah, I'll stay in Ventura County 99% of the time. Very few blue hairs clogging our streets, Zero brain eating bugs in the water, and very few visits from Havasu residents with gang mentality attitudes. ( I guess THE Houston hood scares them away, he must be a real badass)........MP

ahhell
11-10-2007, 08:13 AM
My uncle has a lot for sale just above the high school I believe...
http://gis.co.mohave.az.us/output/moh_riker184849281497.png
personally I think Havasu is nice but too busy. we looked there but ended up in Fort Mohave...I needs my acreage

Moneypitt
11-10-2007, 08:28 AM
ahhell, that is a huge lot. Those "end of the cul de sac" pie shaped lots are huge. That aerial shot really shows it well.....Do you have a ballpark price? I also see 2 other irregular shaped lots in that picture very close to that one........There you go Jeff, if Havasu is what you really want.........MP

ahhell
11-10-2007, 08:49 AM
ahhell, that is a huge lot. Those "end of the cul de sac" pie shaped lots are huge. That aerial shot really shows it well.....Do you have a ballpark price? I also see 2 other irregular shaped lots in that picture very close to that one........There you go Jeff, if Havasu is what you really want.........MP
Id have to get in touch with my uncle and see...stay tuned:D

OGShocker
11-10-2007, 08:53 AM
I won't P.M. you with my house for sale just yet, but we are old boat racers, too, and we recently bought a big compound and built a new garage-mahal..............which means:
Debbie Oster
River Valley Mortgage
(928) 854-5363
SPAMMER!!!!
Hope to see you and Lance sooooon. :D

franky
11-11-2007, 07:38 AM
See what I mean Jeff, this prick is worried about his gang territory, it just has to get worse if this mental giant breeds. Do you really want your kids in school anywhere near his house? The only time I spend in Havasu is passing through. The only time I spend with THE Houston hood, (I guess there is just one, singular) is un intentional, as the hood, (singular) is unknown to me...........And yeah, I'll stay in Ventura County 99% of the time. Very few blue hairs clogging our streets, Zero brain eating bugs in the water, and very few visits from Havasu residents with gang mentality attitudes. ( I guess THE Houston hood scares them away, he must be a real badass)........MP
You really are a tard MP. Always baggin on what others have and yu don't, where others live what other people boat/race blah blah blah. If you read your own newspaper you would know who the HH is. Pull yur head out. ITS ONE OF YOUR LOCAL GANGS. I lived in TO for 25 years and paid attention to what went on IN MY OWN BACKYARD. Your doomed, they are coming up from LA and down from the "NARD", they live there with you!! But you won't even notice because your spending all your time commenting on every post on HB wether you know what you are talking about or not. 9 times out of 10 you don't
And leave Jeff out of it, my frustration is with you.
BTW, you are the one who threw out the "gang " gloom and doom shit (as usual). I like it here in Havi just fine and am glad to hear you won't be coming around.:D

franky
11-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Classic example (regarding the Parker 300):
"Moneypitt, why do you poo-poo everything about the race? The course length, this, that? I don't think it would have made a difference to you team?
It just seems your glass is always half empty. Why partcipate?
don't get me wrong, I am not picking on your and your team. We did not finish the race either but we are not crying about the course length or the outboards or this or that."

franky
11-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Jeff,
First off, sorry about the sidetrack. It pisses me off when folks bad on Havisu or anything else they have limited knowledge of. This place is great IMO. Yes, it can get crazy on busy weekends (which you are probably aware of living in Parker) but there are many unbelievable upsides.
For instance, yesterday we went on a great 70 mile off road ride with about 50 other great folk (YES, ALL GANG MEMBERS, LOL). Left from the house, had lunch in Topoc. Last Saturday I went on a Charity Poker Run (boat) in the morning, went to the (charity) beerfest right by Windsor Beach in the afternoon and then to the Races at Havasu Speedway in the evening. There is always something going on.
I have several friends that are teachers for the public schools here, both elementary and middle schools, great kids. If you would like to talk to them about the better schools, etc. I would be glad to set up an informal face to face. I also know parents of kids who are in private schools here and can have you talk to them. That would be a good starting point, school districts. From there I can help you find the nicer neigborhood areas in that district that suites your needs. Things like underground utilities, off major streets, views, newer areas, parks, desert access, etc.
Please PM me for phone number if interested. I would be more than happy to help out. Frank

Ms.Havasu
11-11-2007, 09:06 AM
North or south it's all a matter of what you like to be near. ie Shopping, launch ramps or out away from the main city. When looking at vacant lots most boaters like flat, no need to back up a hill if you don't have to. The best advice is to just shop for lots and check out the neighborhoods, as long as the houses are decent around it you will probably be happy.
I don't have any lots listed right now but if you would like me help you find one just PM me with your e-mail address I would be happy to send you a link to the mls showing you all the vacant flat lots currently available. I'd love to help you find your perfect homesite here in Havasu.
Michele