PDA

View Full Version : Free air filter replacement for all GM cars, SoCal GM vehicle owners

raff
11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Due to the recent wildfires, ash and other particles in the air could impact your vehicle's engine air filter. To help, starting November 1, 2007 - November 30, 2007 GM Goodwrench will offer to residents of the eight affected southern California counties an engine air filter replacement free of charge on your GM car or truck.*
The offer is available at participating dealers only and to residents of the following counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Riverside and Imperial.
Download our list of participating GM dealers.
Participating Southern California Dealers.pdf
Call to make an appointment. Excludes fleet and commercial vehicles.
http://www.goodwrench.com/californiawildfires.jsp

shippingguy
11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Pretty cool. To bad the Chevy dealership by my house (Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula) is nota participating dealer:devil: I would like to get one for my wifes new Tahoe.

Brewzed
11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Pretty cool. To bad the Chevy dealership by my house (Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula) is nota participating dealer:devil: I would like to get one for my wifes new Tahoe.
Just roll up to Lake Cheverolet in Elsinore.

Nord
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm going to see if there is one by my house.:idea:

RitcheyRch
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Pretty cool offer.

scooooter7
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
They must be filing for disaster federal funds.

shippingguy
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Just roll up to Lake Cheverolet in Elsinore.
Yeah I probably will do that.

raff
11-06-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm going to call in the morning to see what I have to do..:idea:

voodoomedman
11-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Nothing but GM here. Nothing but K&N either though.

BowTie Rick
11-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Nothing but GM here. Nothing but K&N either though.
Ask them if they'll clean it for free :D

yopengo
11-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Due to the recent wildfires, ash and other particles in the air could impact your vehicle's engine air filter. To help, starting November 1, 2007 - November 30, 2007 GM Goodwrench will offer to residents of the eight affected southern California counties an engine air filter replacement free of charge on your GM car or truck.*
The offer is available at participating dealers only and to residents of the following counties: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Riverside and Imperial.
Download our list of participating GM dealers.
Participating Southern California Dealers.pdf
Call to make an appointment. Excludes fleet and commercial vehicles.
http://www.goodwrench.com/californiawildfires.jsp
raff...thank you for posting. Ill be in to get mine replaced.

Shreve"T"
11-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Paradise is on the list as one of the participating Dealers.....:D :D :D :D
I think I'll let Pops know....

Ziggy
11-07-2007, 09:28 AM
This includes Saab's, in case anyone needs that handled for them.;)

voodoomedman
11-07-2007, 09:32 AM
I was going to have the girl in your avatar do that for me. That way she'll have to put down those two to pick up mine. :D

Brewzed
11-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I just dropped off my Duramax for an oil change this morning. They were throwing it out there to anyone that came in for any type of service. I have an aftermarket filter, so I didn't have them change it. He said the Duramax filter is $76, so it's a good deal.

shippingguy
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Paradise is on the list as one of the participating Dealers.....:D :D :D :D
I think I'll let Pops know....
See it now. Last night I looked at a different page and did not see it. I will head over there this week.
Thanks.

Shreve"T"
11-07-2007, 09:38 AM
See it now. Last night I looked at a different page and did not see it. I will head over there this week.
Thanks.
Yep.. I just called my Dad to let him know....Hes in Temecula....:D :D :D :D

Wavemaker
11-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for posting this information Raff. Already made an appointment.:)

shippingguy
11-07-2007, 02:53 PM
FYI. I called the dealership(Paradise Chevrolet, Temecula) that I am going to and they said if I just bring in the VIN# they will hand you a new filter and you can put it in yourself. Just thought I would let others know in case they do not have time to take the car in for an appt. and are pressed for time.
Mike

SOCALDETAIL1
11-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Yea this got me thinking, So I checked the ol K&N man was it dirty, time for a cleaning

essexjet
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
If I bring my superduty to K&N will you clean it Rick? ;)

BowTie Rick
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
If I bring my superduty to K&N will you clean it Rick? ;)
Of course I would ;) It's real easy, take the old one out, mark a new one out of stock, install the new one. Really though, I use the prefilter socks and usually ditch the truck before I ever have to clean it.

raff
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks for posting this information Raff. Already made an appointment.:)
raff...thank you for posting. Ill be in to get mine replaced.
Gald I could help,

Lavey5150
11-08-2007, 01:57 PM
"Thank you maaa'm/ and or (ignorant) sir, while we were changing your air filter, (which you should be doing yourself) we GM decided that we can't sell cars/trucks right now and are going to makeup for those losses in the service dept.We have concluded that you will need a new one of everything while your car is here, and I'm sorry THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY"
Thanks GM........:eek:

BowTie Rick
11-08-2007, 03:00 PM
"Thank you maaa'm/ and or (ignorant) sir, while we were changing your air filter, (which you should be doing yourself) we GM decided that we can't sell cars/trucks right now and are going to makeup for those losses in the service dept.We have concluded that you will need a new one of everything while your car is here, and I'm sorry THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY"
Thanks GM........:eek:
And all these problems were caused by your aftermarket air filter :)

essexjet
11-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Of course I would ;) It's real easy, take the old one out, mark a new one out of stock, install the new one. Really though, I use the prefilter socks and usually ditch the truck before I ever have to clean it.
I need to get me some of those prefilter socks. Leaving for Glamis tonight, how good they they work against sand?
PS Still using the same filter I got from you three years ago. :)

BowTie Rick
11-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I need to get me some of those prefilter socks. Leaving for Glamis tonight, how good they they work against sand?
PS Still using the same filter I got from you three years ago. :)
They kick a$$ in sand. The sand never even touches the filter, it just hits the wrap and falls away. Only the fine dust gets through the wrap which the filter then handles.