PDA

View Full Version : Dealer or private party???

boatsntoys
11-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Some say to buy a used boat from a private party cause I'll see who owned the boat and actually talk with the true owner and not be fed a bunch of bullsh-t like the dealer salesman will do. I know a P P can bullsh-t me also but he is not a professional bullsh-ter and easier to read. Some of these professional sales people have forgotten what I still need to learn
Some say to buy used from a dealership cause they will be there to help me if I have a problem.

HocusPocus
11-06-2007, 07:56 PM
i have bought from both and never had a problem, there are lots of good deals either way you go.

Havasu1986
11-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Private party on a AZ boat. No sales tax. Not sure about CA. ;)

DeltaSigBoater
11-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Some say to buy a used boat from a private party cause I'll see who owned the boat and actually talk with the true owner and not be fed a bunch of bullsh-t like the dealer salesman will do. I know a P P can bullsh-t me also but he is not a professional bullsh-ter and easier to read. Some of these professional sales people have forgotten what I still need to learn
Some say to buy used from a dealership cause they will be there to help me if I have a problem.
This isnt always the case... When buying a boat from a dealer finance companies are more willing to give you a loan vs. buying from a private party. You do however have more recourse & disclosure when buying from a dealer vs. private party. Most dealers do not offer a warrenty on the boat, unless its a new boat. Most warranties (from the builder & engine manufacture) are transferable, if they have not yet expired.
good luck with your hunt

bunny 166
11-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Have you decided to pass on the Weinerschnitzel boat? J/K, LMAO....;)

MR HARLEY
11-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Bun Bun comes out swinging. :) :D

boatsntoys
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
DAMN! I was almost back to that boat and you had to make that comment! She's thrown out of the consideration pool again:confused:

bunny 166
11-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Bun Bun comes out swinging. :) :D
I was only kiddin' :D ...It is pretty red and yellow, though. But that's coming from me who's boat is completely white :jawdrop: ;)

bunny 166
11-06-2007, 08:11 PM
DAMN! I was almost back to that boat and you had to make that comment! She's thrown out of the consideration pool again:confused:
Sorry! If you love it, go for it. :) But if I remember, that size with that power is not so fast? Guys always want more horsepower.......girls, too! :)

boatsntoys
11-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for the dealer that has that boat. There were a few others that posted that were looking at it. That poor dealer has lost at least 20% of it's value just from these posts, and he doesn't even know it. I was a serious buyer! Butit's gonna have to be a MUCH better deal now:D

LHC30Victory
11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Sorry! If you love it, go for it. :) But if I remember, that size with that power is not so fast? Guys always want more horsepower.......girls, too! :)
In that case, our 30 Victory may be up for bid this winter or spring....Got something in the works...PM if interested.....No BS here :idea:

bunny 166
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
In that case, our 30 Victory may be up for bid this winter or spring....Got something in the works...PM if interested.....No BS here :idea:
Hi Ted! :D Is that for me? Or our new friend? We're good with the Conquest. If it's for the new guy, then I can vouch for Ted and Mimi--good folks with a really nice boat. ;)

Not So Fast
11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Unless you are getting a warranty from a dealer I personally would like to meet the guy I'm buying from. You can get a feeling for how he took care of the boat and maybe see his other posessions and how they appear, course he could be all BS also :idea: Just like judging the shop of a mechanic, clean organized shop probably a good indication of his work!! NSF