PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadian hot boaters out there??

War Canoe
11-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I have been searching the world for the best places to boat, and I google mapped the Quebec area. It seems you can go from St Lawrence in the north all the way to Lake Ontario....It must be hundreds of miles. Is this possible or is it blocked? I scoped it out and it looks like the one of the longest runs ever.
Anybody know for sure?:confused:

hoolign
11-06-2007, 10:57 PM
We sold Quebec... cheap! :D

Boy Named Sue
11-06-2007, 11:01 PM
We sold Quebec... cheap! :D
Same guy is trying to get rid of it on EBay right now, @ a 80% loss but he'd be happy to lose the buck twentyfive...

DeltaSigBoater
11-06-2007, 11:10 PM
I have been searching the world for the best places to boat, and I google mapped the Quebec area. It seems you can go from St Lawrence in the north all the way to Lake Ontario....It must be hundreds of miles. Is this possible or is it blocked? I scoped it out and it looks like the one of the longest runs ever.
Dont know much about Canada, but checking Nautical Navigational Charts will determine if your route is possible.

War Canoe
11-06-2007, 11:10 PM
You knucleheads have been drinkin' again...:rolleyes:

Boy Named Sue
11-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Diabolical... hic. :)

DeltaSigBoater
11-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Erroneous :D

hoolign
11-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Again?? ..."ALLRIGHT..WHO STOPPED??:mad: :mad: :mad:

Daddy_G
11-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Google Earth, eh?

ratso
11-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Tom Brown... has... a hot boat.;)

Tom Brown
11-07-2007, 06:01 AM
It seems you can go from St Lawrence in the north all the way to Lake Ontario....It must be hundreds of miles. Is this possible or is it blocked? I scoped it out and it looks like the one of the longest runs ever.
I'm confident it is possible to go from Quebec City in upper Canada, through the great lakes, and all the way to Asia in a birch bark canoe to trade furs.

Jbb
11-07-2007, 06:03 AM
I'm confident it is possible to go from Quebec City in upper Canada, through the great lakes, and all the way to Asia in a birch bark canoe to trade furs.
Always the smart ass Brown.......:mad:
All the best!

maxwedge
11-07-2007, 06:17 AM
....to trade furs.
Is this the paractice that is comonly reffered to as "Wife Swapping" or "swinging" here in the states?:D

photo chick
11-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Is this the paractice that is comonly reffered to as "Wife Swapping" or "swinging" here in the states?:D
lol :D

Jbb
11-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Brown...and his crew from facebook....are into that whole...Velcro Wall thing...:D
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42581&stc=1&d=1194445453

airpacker
11-07-2007, 07:57 AM
You can travel from the Atlantic Ocean all the way to the western end of Lake Superior if you really want.
Forget looking around though because the best boating in the world is to be had amongst the 30,000 islands of Gerogian Bay, the unofficial 6th great lake. Sure its only soft 8 months of the year but unlike Havazoo or Loto, its not a barren desert puddle or a long skinny flooded ditch.
Clean, clear fresh water, excellent beaches, astounding natural scenery, well marked with aids to navigation and hundreds of miles around, the Bay as its locally known hosts thousands of boaters every summer.
Google Earth Georgian Bay or check out some of these pic links to see what I mean.
http://www.webshots.com/explains/outdoors/georgian-bay.html

Tom Brown
11-07-2007, 08:33 AM
All the best!
:eek:
Georgian Bay is amazing but I think War Canoe is looking for the north west passage. Perhaps he's looking for a way to save time transporting goods between the Orient and Europe.

War Canoe
11-07-2007, 12:43 PM
I will check it out...sounds insane. Tom Brown will be after you because he is a packer too...beware of him. Sharp mind, merciless pen..fart trader from just outside the northwest passage. :D

spectras only
11-07-2007, 12:48 PM
With the icebergs melting rapidly , by next year he could circumnavigate through the North Passage and land in Vancouver in no time :idea: :)

soupersonic
11-07-2007, 12:51 PM
You can travel from the Atlantic Ocean all the way to the western end of Lake Superior if you really want.
Forget looking around though because the best boating in the world is to be had amongst the 30,000 islands of Gerogian Bay, the unofficial 6th great lake. Sure its only soft 8 months of the year but unlike Havazoo or Loto, its not a barren desert puddle or a long skinny flooded ditch.
Clean, clear fresh water, excellent beaches, astounding natural scenery, well marked with aids to navigation and hundreds of miles around, the Bay as its locally known hosts thousands of boaters every summer.
Google Earth Georgian Bay or check out some of these pic links to see what I mean.
http://www.webshots.com/explains/outdoors/georgian-bay.html
Yea Yea , but down south here in our flooded skinny ditches we can swim/boat yearround,not just in august, without fear of frostbite and can boat without gortex. We have astounding natural as well as plenty of fake scenery. :D

SB
11-07-2007, 12:51 PM
It's makes a nice trip for that dead spot between xmas and new years. Bring a shovel. :D

airpacker
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Yea Yea , but down south here in our flooded skinny ditches we can swim/boat yearround,not just in august, without fear of frostbite and can boat without gortex. We have astounding natural as well as plenty of fake scenery. :D
Oh ya, well I bet the sledding sucks! :)