PDA

View Full Version : Amrican Gangster Review

Not So Fast
11-07-2007, 12:52 AM
We went to the AVI today to see it and it is a good movie, long but good and based on a true story. I had never heard of this guy, Frank Lucas, but he was a major player back in the 60's & 70's. I would recommend it if you liked pictures like The Departed, We Own the Night, which was very good BTW.
One thing though is that it is filmed in a grainy sort of colorless format which is annoying, or maybe I'm just getting to used to High Def TV, they need to bring that to the big screen:idea: Good movie nonetheless, enjoy:D NSF

Daddy_G
11-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Anything with Denzel - ya can't go wrong! :cool:

Jbb
11-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Good to hear...I have a copy to watch today...:D

RitcheyRch
11-07-2007, 05:24 AM
Isnt that the truth.

raff
11-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Good to hear...I have a copy to watch today...:D
Watched it last week, great move..:D

Trailer Park Casanova
11-07-2007, 05:58 AM
One thing though is that it is filmed in a grainy sort of colorless format which is annoying, or maybe I'm just getting to used to High Def TV, they need to bring that to the big screen:idea: Good movie nonetheless, enjoy:D NSF
A lot of movies today are shot digitally, and they can do all kinds of art tricks with the editing programs like Final Cut.
I'm with you, the grainy, or yellow, or dark movies maybe run good in the France film festivals, but we don't like it either.
Evita was all fouled up with a square, yellow, dark format,, and I think it hurt the pic.

adjones419
11-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Even though he's the same in every role he plays, he's still great. Good movie.

DCBob
11-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Good movie!!!

franky
11-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Denzel is a great actor. Movie was a little slow. Needs more action.
BTW, the new theater they are putting in at the new mall across fron the airport will have DLP HD satelite feed.

Not So Fast
11-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Denzel is a great actor. Movie was a little slow. Needs more action.
BTW, the new theater they are putting in at the new mall across fron the airport will have DLP HD satelite feed.
Yeah thw movie does drag a lttle so that it can set up the two paths taken by Crowe and Denzel but it does encompass quite a few years and the corruption is hard to believe. Crowe did a good job and I enjoy a movie thats not to far out in terms or believeablity or sensationalism (sp). Lots of little stories to tell over a lot of years.
As far as the rundown theaters go in Havasu, we drive all the way to the Avi because of their condition and uncomformtable seats plus it just stinks in the whole complex. The movie experience offers so much more so thank God for the new theaters, cant come soon enough for me;) NSF

RandyH
11-07-2007, 07:19 AM
I think he should have won an oscar for Training Day.
"You know what the gas chamber smells like? Pine oil. I'ma send you to a pine oil heaven. I'ma get get that gun and I'ma get that money, and you ain't gon' do sh*t 'cause you ain't gon' shoot a cop in the back. "