PDA

View Full Version : Is verizon kidding me?

Excessive Force
11-07-2007, 08:44 PM
$499 for a friggin TREO??!! Anyone have deals on these? Im looking to get one for my girl. we both have verizon already. just need the phone. think im gonna stroke out:mad:
ps i know its a POS phone but once you have one you wont wanna live without one. i know. i have one

maxwedge
11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes they are kidding you. Buy the time the inept people at Verizon accounting/billing dept. get done charging you the wrong amount month after month, it will cost way more than that.:D

riverroyal
11-07-2007, 08:52 PM
phone today,it kinda sucks.You cant plug it in to you vehicle or boat head unit,just head phones

Riverkid
11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
with a VzW ID for $450 with all the goodies. I called their director and told him they were in for a price increase! :D

Excessive Force
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
any commenst or suggestions on the motorola Q? i have the treo from the first monsths batch. it has lots of glitches. was gonna get my girl the same but open to BETTER suggestions

C-2
11-07-2007, 09:06 PM
It took 9 hours of my time to resolve a billing issue (I lost)
Today it took 2 hours of arguing and being placed on eternal hold - but finally got the fawkers to send me a $269 air card for taxes only.(I won)
I've had the same cell number since driving around with that phone in a shoe-box looking thingie, you'd think they wanna keep me around.

Riverkid
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
It took 9 hours of my time to resolve a billing issue (I lost)
Today it took 2 hours of arguing and being placed on eternal hold - but finally got the fawkers to send me a $269 air card for taxes only.(I won)
I've had the same cell number since driving around with that phone in a shoe-box looking thingie, you'd think they wanna keep me around.
Get the Sierra Wireless 595 PC. They work bitchin... :)

shippingguy
11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
any commenst or suggestions on the motorola Q? i have the treo from the first monsths batch. it has lots of glitches. was gonna get my girl the same but open to BETTER suggestions
I just got the Motorola Q 9m and it is awesome. Very easy to use.

C-2
11-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Get the Sierra Wireless 595 PC. They work bitchin... :)
Yes, the 595. Cool cool cool. I have an external car top mount antenna I used to use with my wi-fi Orinoco Gold card - I'm hoping it will fit the new card too.

uLtRADeNniS
11-07-2007, 11:32 PM
$499 for a friggin TREO??!! Anyone have deals on these? Im looking to get one for my girl. we both have verizon already. just need the phone. think im gonna stroke out:mad:
ps i know its a POS phone but once you have one you wont wanna live without one. i know. i have one
Just change your plan to a family share plan and ad another line.. then they'll give you the discount. I just did it today because I wanted to get my girlfriend a phone my account. I got her the Motorola Q for a little under $200. She has Cingular and it was costing me and arm and leg for text messages and minutes...Now its Free. The phone will pay for itself in 1 month.
I know what you mean...I had a 2 Treos then tried to go back to a normal flip phone for a while.. I missed my Treo like crazy and bought a new one.

Dan Lorenze
11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm a big Treo fan but if you're on Verizon I would wait till December to get their newest phone from LG dubbed the "Iphone Killer", the Voyager..

Boozer
11-08-2007, 01:17 AM
I might know a guy that knows a guy who can get you a treo for a heck of a lot less money then that but you'd have to switch your service to att.
As far as the LG iPhone killer goes I'll believe it kills when I see it. The voyager is basically the lg Prada which until now was a European only device. It was such a good iPhone killer then why have the people in Europe been pulling their hair put trying to get the iPhone? i am however eager to see what the gphone ends up doing. My guess is that htc and linux are going to make an awesome phone that creates the first real competition for the iphone.

v-drive
11-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Have the iphone and it's awsome. I have some user error issues but that's what they are...:D v-drive

scarabrick2
11-08-2007, 05:21 AM
www.wirefly.com
www.letstalk.com

Dan Lorenze
11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
As far as the LG iPhone killer goes I'll believe it kills when I see it. The voyager is basically the lg Prada which until now was a European only device. It was such a good iPhone killer then why have the people in Europe been pulling their hair put trying to get the iPhone?
http://www.comparati.com/890-LG-Voyager-vs-iPhone

Boozer
11-08-2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.comparati.com/890-LG-Voyager-vs-iPhone
That's got to be the most bias bs review I've ever read in my entire life. Not to mention they need to get their facts straight about the iPhone. The article must have been written by a share holder of Verizon and LG or else that phone is giving the author great hand jobs too.