PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Love :)

DILLIGAF
11-07-2007, 09:59 PM
They are getting it done right now. Caveman is on fire.....maybe this is his year to show up and play the whole year. Quite possibly he is taking his riatlin (sp?)....lol Mobley got hurt but has been playing well. Sam got 35 or so tonight. Thomas is stroking the three ball. This is a team effort and it seems everybody has bought into it.
Got to give it up for the Clips right now :)

HavasuSelect
11-07-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm going to the game next week against the Knicks. I can't wait.

acatitude
11-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Go clips, but who is going to beat the celtics????????????

AirtimeLavey
11-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Yep. Off to a good start, but they might as well be on a treadmill - they'll always be the Clippers/J.V. no matter how many unimpressive teams they beat. :sleeping: ;)
Good to see them starting well. Now let's see how long they can carry the mo.

OutCole'd
11-08-2007, 07:08 AM
I'll give as much credit to the Clippers as you give the Lakers........:rolleyes:
We'll see where it ends up at the end of the season. And I'm betting the Lakers will be ahead of the Clips.

HavaSkank
11-08-2007, 07:48 AM
I'll be at the game on the 17th (Chicago) I only go to throw popcorn at Frankie Muniz' head...he's only a few rows ahead of me.

Jyruiz
11-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Go clips, but who is going to beat the celtics????????????
The Clippers.

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Funny how since it is the clippers, being off to a good start is the truth, right Tom? but with the Lakers, last year and this year, it is just a fluke? lol...you are too one sided. :D
Besides a 6 point win over the 0-4 Warriors, a 14 point win over the 0-5 Sonics and a 6 point win over the 0-4 Bulls isnt really proving much at all. lol

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 08:16 AM
You're on dope. Two back to back road wins against the Bulls and Pacers is certainly better than two home losses. They all count the same in the end.
Back to back is just an excuse, especially this early in the season. The Pacers is an impressive win, the Bulls are pretty much a gimme right now, same with the Warriors and Sonics, 3 wins against teams who are 0-4+ is not too great.

Jyruiz
11-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Some of you guys are too funny, Tom is just giving the Clipps some love not saying anything negative about any other team and you guys have to put the Clipps down by calling them the JV team and talking about who they have beat. Quit hating and just worry about the team you root for, no matter who that team is.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 08:28 AM
LOL....Are there some haters in the house?
I was just giving the Clips some credit for their start.
The Celtics are going to be very tough all year. KG is on a mission and will do anything that he has to or is asked to do to win a championship. Will their bench hold up or does it even matter? That is the big ? for them.
I realize it is early but the start and the way they are doing it is impressive regardless of how you look/feel about the Clips.
I would rather start 4-0 than any other alternative for 4 games. :)

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Some of you guys are too funny, Tom is just giving the Clipps some love not saying anything negative about any other team and you guys have to put the Clipps down by calling them the JV team and talking about who they have beat. Quit hating and just worry about the team you root for, no matter who that team is.
Thanks Juan......

totenhosen
11-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Clips look pretty good so far considering their best player is out. Let's hope both the Clips and Lakers make it to the playoffs. Its good for LA fans and would be even better if they could play each other in the playoffs. (This way us Laker fans can show them who really is better.;) )

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Clips look pretty good so far considering their best player is out. Let's hope both the Clips and Lakers make it to the playoffs. Its good for LA fans and would be even better if they could play each other in the playoffs. (This way us Laker fans can show them who really is better.;) )
I would love to see them meet in the playoffs also. The Clips did their part two seasons ago but the Lakers fell short. I think it would be great for the city and of course the HB banter :)

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Good point, BUT! Whenever there is Laker love, he is one of the key people raising up to talk some crap! :devil:

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 08:39 AM
And, if anybody would bother watching the Clippers, you might find them damn entertaining. I know I am finding them more entertaining than pass to the low post black hole, everybody stand around and then get beat back down the floor. This team is fun to watch.
If you are referring to the Lakers, you need to watch a game. Some announcers are calling them the best passing team to start the year. The triangle has been run to perfection in their two wins and it sure looks pretty and is the most fun to watch. Back door cuts for quick baskets, dunks, etc...
I tried to watch the clippers last year and they seemed like robots, no emotion.

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
I would love to see them meet in the playoffs also. The Clips did their part two seasons ago but the Lakers fell short. I think it would be great for the city and of course the HB banter :)
They did their part 1 season out of 30+? good job! :D The Lakers have been waiting for them forever, where were they last year? :)

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 08:43 AM
And, if anybody would bother watching the Clippers, you might find them damn entertaining. I know I am finding them more entertaining than pass to the low post black hole, everybody stand around and then get beat back down the floor. This team is fun to watch.
As for their wins, they led Chicago by 15, the led Golden State by 14-15, the led the Pacers by 21, the led Seattle by around 10 the entire game. Their wins are not nearly as close as the final score would indicate.
I haven't had a chance to watch a game yet but after looking at stats, reading the recaps and seeing the highlights it seems that the entire team is playing as one. Different guys stepping up and getting it done each night. Caveman is putting up some astounding numbers right now. If he keeps this pace up all season (unlikely) he will win some awards and the Clippers will do serious damage in the playoffs.
Of course the season is very long so all of this is to early to project but I like how they are doing this.
Was it last year when they started out well record wise? The way they were winning was not going to last and I expressed caution as to how they were winning. This season is different as they are playing very solid BB.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 08:44 AM
They did their part 1 season out of 30+? good job! :D The Lakers have been waiting for them forever, where were they last year? :)
The Clips missed the playoffs Insane.....
Stay in the now please....lol

Jyruiz
11-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Good point, BUT! Whenever there is Laker love, he is one of the key people raising up to talk some crap! :devil:
Two wrongs don't make a right, why not rise above it? Tom just wants to get a reaction out of you, and you fall for it every time, the only one getting bent out of shape is you. Stick to your team and don't worry about anything else and you will be much better for it.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 08:46 AM
You need to temper your "Insaneness". It is a long year and I don't want them to come get you and put you in the straight jacket.....Not yet at least :)

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Two wrongs don't make a right, why not rise above it? Tom just wants to get a reaction out of you, and you fall for it every time, the only one getting bent out of shape is you. Stick to your team and don't worry about anything else and you will be much better for it.
You have a point with the first half of your post, but the second I say "THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT FUN!" :D

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 08:50 AM
You have a point with the first half of your post, but the second I say "THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT FUN!" :D
Just for you Insane:
I am going on record as stating that the Clippers will have a better record than the Lakers for the third time out of the last four years.
You still won't take a bet will you?

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Just for you Insane:
I am going on record as stating that the Clippers will have a better record than the Lakers for the third time out of the last four years.
Wow, you are bold, bring it!
What do you mean I wont take a bet? who was sporting the stupid clippers logo in their sig two years ago? :rolleyes:
I guess you start losing your memory in your old age! :)

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Wow, you are bold, bring it!
The Clippers are playing much better team ball and I like their chances going forward -vs- the Lakers. At some point this season Kobe will have another melt-down or throw a hissy fit. I am a little worried that Sam could have a melt down based on not playing as many minutes as he wants but other than that I like the Clips depth compared to the Lakers.
So....what is the bet this year then?

GAME TIME
11-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Just for you Insane:
I'll take this bet. As it is right now we are even. You won two years ago and I won last year. Same bet???? Oh, funny on the "third time out of the last four years" part. How about the Lakers owning that record against the Clippers 25 out of the last 27 years since the Clippers became the Clippers in 84??? LOL :D

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I'll take this bet. As it is right now we are even. You won two years ago and I won last year. Same bet???? Oh, funny on the "third time out of the last four years" part. How about the Lakers owning that record against the Clippers 25 out of the last 27 years since the Clippers became the Clippers in 84??? LOL :D
I like the current trend of 2 out of the last 3 with a strong possibility of it being 3 out of 4. :)
Bet is good but lets switch it up a bit. If I win you have to buy a Clips jersey for your son, take a picture and post it in your avatar for two weeks. If you win I will take a picture of Brandon or Dylan with a Laker jersey on and put it in my avatar for two weeks. What do you think? To traumatizing to the kids? lol

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 09:38 AM
The Clippers are playing much better team ball and I like their chances going forward -vs- the Lakers. At some point this season Kobe will have another melt-down or throw a hissy fit. I am a little worried that Sam could have a melt down based on not playing as many minutes as he wants but other than that I like the Clips depth compared to the Lakers.
So....what is the bet this year then?
I will disagree again, watch the Lakers, even heard of the bench mob? woot! :devil: Kobe will play, he is a pro and he is paid well, he is not going to stop doing his job.

GAME TIME
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
I like the current trend of 2 out of the last 3 with a strong possibility of it being 3 out of 4. :)
Bet is good but lets switch it up a bit. If I win you have to buy a Clips jersey for your son, take a picture and post it in your avatar for two weeks. If you win I will take a picture of Brandon or Dylan with a Laker jersey on and put it in my avatar for two weeks. What do you think? To traumatizing to the kids? lol
I like it. I'll take that bet.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I like it. I'll take that bet.
Alright....we are on Mr Laker....lol
Poor kids :)

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
I will disagree again, watch the Lakers, even heard of the bench mob? woot! :devil: Kobe will play, he is a pro and he is paid well, he is not going to stop doing his job.
Of course you will disagree again.
Kobe doesn't act professional Insane. He whines and stomps his feet when he doesn't get what he wants. A true professional would never sulk on the court while playing as he did against PHX a few years back. I think it was PHX when he just basically gave up. Look at Corey Maggette as an example of how a professional athelete should act. You never hear him whining or stomping his feet trying to get what he wants.
I guess time will tell as the season progresses. I believe the Clips bench will preform better than the Lakers bench.

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Of course you will disagree again.
Kobe doesn't act professional Insane. He whines and stomps his feet when he doesn't get what he wants. A true professional would never sulk on the court while playing as he did against PHX a few years back. I think it was PHX when he just basically gave up. Look at Corey Maggette as an example of how a professional athelete should act. You never hear him whining or stomping his feet trying to get what he wants.
I guess time will tell as the season progresses. I believe the Clips bench will preform better than the Lakers bench.
He was asked to play the "passing role", there is a big difference between the passing Kobe and the offensive Kobe, it almost looks forced.
Kobe performs on the court, you cannot deny that.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
He was asked to play the "passing role", there is a big difference between the passing Kobe and the offensive Kobe, it almost looks forced.
Kobe performs on the court, you cannot deny that.
Kobe does get his stats however it is much more than stats. A true professional athelete also has to present oneself professionally on/off the court. They are paid a lot of money but sadly some take it for granted. Kobe works hard without a doubt but he lacks true professionalism IMO.

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Kobe does get his stats however it is much more than stats. A true professional athelete also has to present oneself professionally on/off the court. They are paid a lot of money but sadly some take it for granted. Kobe works hard without a doubt but he lacks true professionalism IMO.
So far the Lakers bench is averaging 51ppg, how about the clippers? That average is soon to go up once Mr. Double-Double (Odom) comes back and Luke falls back to the bench, then the bench will be averaging over 60ppg.
Where you at with tallying up the clippers bench points average? :D
IMO: Kobe is the best single player in the game today. But, he has burned a bridge with me and lots of fans who supported him. After seeing this team come together, I think they will do just fine without him, considering the Lakers get someone good in trade, bring Deng, Hinrich and Gordon and you are looking at a VERY deep team, ditch Kwame this year when his contract expires and look for someone like J.O'Neal or one of the many other contracts expiring to come sign and you are looking at a better TEAM than with Kobe.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
So far the Lakers bench is averaging 51ppg, how about the clippers? That average is soon to go up once Mr. Double-Double (Odom) comes back and Luke falls back to the bench, then the bench will be averaging over 60ppg.
Where you at with tallying up the clippers bench points average? :D
IMO: Kobe is the best single player in the game today. But, he has burned a bridge with me and lots of fans who supported him. After seeing this team come together, I think they will do just fine without him, considering the Lakers get someone good in trade, bring Deng, Hinrich and Gordon and you are looking at a VERY deep team, ditch Kwame this year when his contract expires and look for someone like J.O'Neal or one of the many other contracts expiring to come sign and you are looking at a better TEAM than with Kobe.
The Clips juggle their lineup a lot due to matchups so I don't know how you would really come up with the totals. I guess I could go to each game and see what the totals are but I don't care to put the time in on that.
As far as your IMO statement:
It is good to see you be realistic Don. It is very nice for a change
:)

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 11:00 AM
It is good to see you be realistic Don. It is very nice for a change
:) I really want to see him go to the Bulls, then it will be like the Lakers 2-3 years ago and they can start right over, then by the time they start to make noise, he is already on his downside and the Lakers, they would be off to contending for titles, especially since Bynum is ahead of schedule, Turiaf is a monster now and Critt/Farmar are showing it, then if you have Deng...that is a team good for years to come...lets not forget Mr. Double-Double.

totenhosen
11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
I figure it would be the other way around considering you would more than likely not go so deep into your bench.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 11:10 AM
I figure it would be the other way around considering you would more than likely not go so deep into your bench.
Now....there is a logical thought

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Who knows, PJ said he is going to go 12 men deep this year.
Either way it goes, the Lakers bench has potential and are already showing it this season. Radman is finally coming around.

totenhosen
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Either way it goes, the Lakers bench has potential and are already showing it this season. Radman is finally coming around.
I'll believe that when Cobi Karl gets some burn. (I still beleive he is only on the team because of his dad being an NBA coach. The guy was good in college but not worthy of the NBA.)

HavaSkank
11-08-2007, 12:44 PM
What a coincident....my mom said she was gonna go 12 men deep this year too

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 12:49 PM
What a coincident....my mom said she was gonna go 12 men deep this year too
lol.....Maybe you should apply for one of those Hollywood writer jobs with TB. You guys are pretty sharp and could come up with some funny shiznit :)

dmontzsta
11-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I'll believe that when Cobi Karl gets some burn. (I still beleive he is only on the team because of his dad being an NBA coach. The guy was good in college but not worthy of the NBA.)
You are probably right with that. They were impressed with him in camp, they said he could not miss a shot, but once he stepped on the floor he choked. Hopefully he will come around and not prove to be worthless.
Or...maybe the Lakers are eyeing Coach Karl for when PJ retires, bring him on a team his son plays for! :D

HavaSkank
11-08-2007, 01:07 PM
lol.....Maybe you should apply for one of those Hollywood writer jobs with TB. You guys are pretty sharp and could come up with some funny shiznit :)
Haven't you heard the news? Tom Brown and I are the same person.
We'ver NEVER been spotted at the same place at the same time.

blown65
11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
LOL, I'm sure when they go on their usual 20 game losing streak it will be all quiet.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
LOL, I'm sure when they go on their usual 20 game losing streak it will be all quiet.
Go Portland!

blown65
11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Go Portland!
lol, i was just kidding round, I really don't watch any bball. :)
However when I do watch, I usually root for the underdog.