PDA

View Full Version : DMV Help!!!

Do F150's Float?
11-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Ok here's the situation...
We bought the baja last year from a charity car auction in Las Vegas. The pink was still from the original owner in AZ (i guess they don't transfer it or something?). We got the bug inspected & signed off at AAA, took all our paperwork (bill of sale, released pink, and inspection) to the dmv, got our plates, stickers, and registration...
Fast forward to this year, and no renewal?? I call the dmv, they say there was some sort of an issue, we have to go to the office. Well, DMV says there was paperwork missing when we registered it (umm.. so why did we get plates, etc??) and they mailed it back to me at my PO box (never got a damned thing). So basically, the DMV LOST my pink slip, the charity auction has no way to replace it, and they don't have files on who they got the cars from (or so they say). DMV says we have to post some sort of bond??? Any ideas? Do we just burn the damn thing down? Ugh.... :mad:

RiverDave
11-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Nan, don't sweat it too much.. Give me a call and I'll tell ya what to do. :)
949-678-8369
RD

raff
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I will have sara look at this when she get's home to night, Don't do any thing till then.. Sara, was The DMVQUEEN at one.. I'm sure she can help...
Mark out

DeltaSigBoater
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Ok here's the situation...
We bought the baja last year from a charity car auction in Las Vegas. The pink was still from the original owner in AZ (i guess they don't transfer it or something?). We got the bug inspected & signed off at AAA, took all our paperwork (bill of sale, released pink, and inspection) to the dmv, got our plates, stickers, and registration...
Fast forward to this year, and no renewal?? I call the dmv, they say there was some sort of an issue, we have to go to the office. Well, DMV says there was paperwork missing when we registered it (umm.. so why did we get plates, etc??) and they mailed it back to me at my PO box (never got a damned thing). So basically, the DMV LOST my pink slip, the charity auction has no way to replace it, and they don't have files on who they got the cars from (or so they say). DMV says we have to post some sort of bond??? Any ideas? Do we just burn the damn thing down? Ugh.... :mad:
Welcome to the wonderful world that is the California Department of Motor Vehicles, where if we fock up its still your fult!
Next!
:D

Cole Trickle
11-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I had a client that got burned from a dealership last year. They paid cash for the car 10K took delievry and the owner of the crappy lot stole the cash and never handled the paperwork with the DMV.
They want you to post the bond in case the old owner comes back and says its his car because there is no title/pink.
I don't know where to get the bond but maybe "The Car Dudes" will have some insight.
Good luck:)

Do F150's Float?
11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Nan, don't sweat it too much.. Give me a call and I'll tell ya what to do. :)
949-678-8369
RD
Dave... does it involve 5 gal of race gas, a match, and the desert...? LOL j/k, i will call you in a few min.
I will have sara look at this when she get's home to night, Don't do any thing till then.. Sara, was The DMVQUEEN at one.. I'm sure she can help...
Mark out
I appreicate that...i have been putting it off (tried to get copies of whatever they have at the auction place, but no luck). If its easier to email, please do! luckypenny71x@gmail.com
Thank you guys!

DMVQUEEN
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM
OK, I haven't done this in a while, so I had to think about it:idea:
1st question, what is it worth??
If it is worth under $5000, you don't need to post a bond. An insurance bond is requested by DMV only when the vehicle is worth more than $5000.
If it's worth less, all you have to do is make an appointment with the DMV, bring in what you have, registration and what not, and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them that you called the DMV and they instructed you that if it's worth less than $5000, all you have to do is write out what happened on
a "STATEMENT OF FACTS" indicating that the original paperwork was lost in the mail and there is no other way to get a copy of the AZ pink slip because you don't know the name of the original owner due to 2nd party transfer (the auction)
This should clear it up. I did this for a lot of cars worth less than $5000 especially when they screwed up. Just be really super nice to the supervisor/dumbass there, even though it will be really really hard, I know:D
If all else fails, let me know, I may know a few people that can help you.
Sincerely, :D
(FORMER) DMV queen

JB in so cal
11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
OK, I haven't done this in a while, so I had to think about it:idea:
1st question, what is it worth??
If it is worth under $5000, you don't need to post a bond. An insurance bond is requested by DMV only when the vehicle is worth more than $5000.
If it's worth less, all you have to do is make an appointment with the DMV, bring in what you have, registration and what not, and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them that you called the DMV and they instructed you that if it's worth less than $5000, all you have to do is write out what happened on
a "STATEMENT OF FACTS" indicating that the original paperwork was lost in the mail and there is no other way to get a copy of the AZ pink slip because you don't know the name of the original owner due to 2nd party transfer (the auction)
This should clear it up. I did this for a lot of cars worth less than $5000 especially when they screwed up. Just be really super nice to the supervisor/dumbass there, even though it will be really really hard, I know:D
If all else fails, let me know, I may know a few people that can help you.
Sincerely, :D
(FORMER) DMV queen
Nice. Way to step up with some good info. Hope you guys are doing well - George has Black Meadow on the market (again) How does $20 mil sound???

raff
11-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Nice. Way to step up with some good info. Hope you guys are doing well - George has Black Meadow on the market (again) How does $20 mil sound???
We are good, how have you been? we wil be out on the 8th, any plans?
You want to halves on BML with us:idea:

DMVQUEEN
11-09-2007, 06:25 AM
BUMP for F150's:D