PDA

View Full Version : Any good divorce lawyers in the house

BILLET
11-08-2007, 11:41 PM
It looks like after sixteen years my wife and I are going to be calling it quits. So if anyone has a good recomendation for a lawyer in the orange county area I would be gratefull.
Thanks Billet

Excessive Force
11-08-2007, 11:57 PM
ouch bro , i feel yer pain....looks like you passed the magical year #10 which includes alimony?

Ultracrazy
11-09-2007, 12:01 AM
It looks like after sixteen years my wife and I are going to be calling it quits. So if anyone has a good recomendation for a lawyer in the orange county area I would be gratefull.
Thanks Billet
What kind do you want.......trial lawyer or mediator. If you can agree on the division of property.......you can go with a paralegal.

DeltaSigBoater
11-09-2007, 12:07 AM
ouch bro , i feel yer pain....looks like you passed the magical year #10 which includes alimony?
Ouch :confused:
Good luck with all this, hope it's fair and not too messy.
If half of all marriages end in divorce what do the other half end in? Death :idea:

Wheeler
11-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Try Robert Newman, he is close to you.
http://www.theanimallawyer.com/contact.html
Welcome to The Animal Lawyer

Trailer Park Casanova
11-09-2007, 05:38 AM
What kind do you want.......trial lawyer or mediator. If you can agree on the division of property.......you can go with a paralegal.
That's what the ex and I did. And we had property and investments. Worked good.
It'll save the both of you $10 grand over push coming to shove.
The days of the $2K divorce are over.
Are their child custody support issues?
Just remember that money you'd spend on the kids anyway, it usually is determined by a set scale, consider 50/50,, so disputing it is a waste of time.

ratso
11-09-2007, 05:48 AM
If I EVER come on here saying I'm getting married again... somebody please whip my fukkin' ass... and then shoot me.:D

jbone
11-09-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm not sure the words "good" and "divorce lawyer" can be used in the same sentence.
If at all possible, you should try and come to a fair division of property and support payments if any.
There are websites that offer legal documents that allow you to do a lot of stuff yourself.
Learning from friends, a lawyer is only used to screw someone and take a large fee.
Good luck,
J

RitcheyRch
11-09-2007, 07:47 AM
I got divorced in 1995 and have vowed to never get married again. Only takes one time to lose 1/2 my stuff.
Billet, Sorry to hear you are getting a divorce.
If I EVER come on here saying I'm getting married again... somebody please whip my fukkin' ass... and then shoot me.:D

Jordy
11-09-2007, 08:22 AM
It's easier to stay free than get free. :D :D :D

rivercrazy
11-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Just remember one thing - Divorce is expensive - because its worth it! LOL

BILLET
11-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks everyone right now its all up in the air. I've seen some of our friends get divorced and watched them turn into total nightmares. I figure its best to prepare for the worst then to get cought off gaurd, thats why I'm looking for a lawyer, just incase. Thanks again for the suport, and hope to see you all at the river lakes or other waterways soon.
Billet

HavaSkank
11-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Buy a wood chipper.

Jbb
11-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Not a problem......bang...:D

LOWRIVER2
11-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Kristen Bergamo
562-943-7281

Baja Big Dog
11-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Lead poisoning, about 158 grains worth!!!;)

No Name
11-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks Billet
Just save your money and give her everything, she’s going to get it all anyways. That way you won’t be stuck paying some snake Lawyer off after it’s all said and done.
I spent over 20K fighting my ex in 87. The only thing the Lawyer did was drag it out. I finally just said take it all bitch. I loaded what I could in my Chevy Blazer moved to AZ and never looked back. I just wish I would have done that before I gave that focker 20K. I would burn my money before I give it to a snake Lawyer again.

Daytona100
11-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Kill her!!!!!! You.ll be out in a few years. Or give her half. Spousal support. Child support basically pay her way for several years because some people are so pathetic they believe you owe them something and they can,t support themselves. Good luck and be prepared to bend over and take it like a man!!!

No Name
11-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Kill her!!!!!! You.ll be out in a few years.
I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been drinking tonight but that makes perfect sense to me right now. :D :D

Daytona100
11-10-2007, 12:12 AM
I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been drinking tonight but that makes perfect sense to me right now. :D :D
Roll with it Bro!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Dream Chaser
11-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Divorce sucks especially the first year, try and go the mediation route if you can especially if you have kids. On the bright side LOTS of fish in the sea. Good luck things WILL get better

JetBoatRich
11-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks Billet
Good Luck:jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm there for ya, man. No problem. Cuz I care, and shit.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Buy a wood chipper.
I have one you can borrow.
j/k Billet Sorry to hear about anyone going through a divorce.

ratso
11-12-2007, 06:24 AM
:D

Tom Brown
11-12-2007, 06:51 AM
MMSW rulz! :D

hkunz
11-12-2007, 06:51 AM
I feel for you. It's like someone died, even though you just want it to be over with. I hired a lawyer, still had to give her a percentage of my retirement. I wouldn't have hired one, except she did, then I felt it was needed. I got away with short term "support", got the house, and my CJ.
If you can prove she gambles, it could make the process easier on you. I/we set it up so the support was paid directly to her landlord to ciover her rent, and to her loan company to cover her car payment. Food, utiliites, etc, was on her.

topless
11-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Kill her!!!!!! You.ll be out in a few years. Or give her half. Spousal support. Child support basically pay her way for several years because some people are so pathetic they believe you owe them something and they can,t support themselves. Good luck and be prepared to bend over and take it like a man!!!
If I were you, I'd take that Child support commrent out of your post. Everything else I agree with but please don't give me a reason to start on deadbeat dads.

ratso
11-12-2007, 06:57 AM
If I were you, I'd take that Child support commrent out of your post. Everything else I agree with but please don't give me a reason to start on deadbeat dads.
:D

CBadDad
11-12-2007, 08:17 AM
No such thing....So sorry to here about your predicament. That really sucks, but you ain't the first one to have to go thru it and you will not be the last.
My advise is to try and stay as positive as possible. Once you start fighting, things go down hill fast. You will loose more than you could ever imagine, but so will she. There are no winners, only survivors.
Remember that the judge is a liar, er, lawyer too. They hate it when you don't buy one of their cohorts an expensive European car. So you'll have to get one just to sort through all of the paperwork. But if you think for one second that they will get anything done in your favor you are mistaken. I have a 65 page Marriage Settlement agreement. On about page 45, it says I should hire another attorney to read it to make sure that my attorney was working in my best interest. It is all a sham. They will let you fight until you run out of money, then they'll say they'll take payments. Then they'll tell you need to get another attorney (see a pattern here yet?) to be an arbitrator....
Work out the details between you and her as soon as possible. Once she starts talking to an attorney, you're hosed. These folks go to conventions in the Bahamas to learn how to play on your emotions and tell you how you deserve to get the kids, house, cars, retirement etc., and then when you lose your ass, how to tell you how the judge just screwed not only you, but them too. It's quite a racket they got going. Avoid it if at all possible.
Hopefully she will get a boyfriend quickly. That always seems to help. But once they break up, she'll be back focking with you since you had a long term deal, therefore that makes her your problem FOREVER. I am speaking from personal experience here.
Sorry to be raining on your Monday, but the truth hurts sometimes.
Best o' luck

UltraStealth
11-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I went through it just recently. If you have kids it's more difficult. If there are no kids, everything is split 50/50 for the most part. We used a mediator. It cost about 5K, but that was split 50/50. We share joint legal custody of my son. We share equal time with him. There is no child support paid at all. We split everything related to my son 50/50 (School, day care, medical, etc). When he is with me, I pay for everything he needs (Food, clothes, etc).

HavaSkank
11-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Keeping it peaceful is key. I attended my Exhusband's wedding and his wife is making the cake for my birthday party. I call her my Step-wife and as long as she's good with my daughter, then she's good with me. Im sympathic that she married him, just because she's really sweet and deserves better...but then again Im really glad someone else has to put up with his bullshit.
I think the couples who divorce and battle continuously are still painfully in love. There's a lot of truth behind the ol' addage "there's a fine line between love and hate."

SB
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Good advice. Try to get it done quickly, easily and cheaply.
If you have kids, your ex is going to be part of your life for ever. Instead of using the divorce to get even, use the opportunity to show how reasonable you are, and how easy you can get along.
Keep this in mind when you talk to a few divorce lawyers. Find a lawyer who is going to get it done efficiently. You might want to avoid one that tells you everything you want to hear.

CBadDad
11-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Keeping it peaceful is key. I attended my Exhusband's wedding and his wife is making the cake for my birthday party. I call her my Step-wife and as long as she's good with my daughter, then she's good with me. Im sympathic that she married him, just because she's really sweet and deserves better...but then again Im really glad someone else has to put up with his bullshit.
I think the couples who divorce and battle continuously are still painfully in love. There's a lot of truth behind the ol' addage "there's a fine line between love and hate."
Maybe there is some truth to that, more likely one is still in love and the other can't get away. If one of the two of you can't get over it, there is gonna be problems.
You have to also remember that one of them may be mentally ill (depression, bi-polar, or whatever else). Mental illness doesn't really become obvious in many people until there early thirties and then progressively gets worse. Treatment helps, but just like drug addicts they often relapse. It can be a vicious cycle.

centerhill condor
11-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure the words "good" and "divorce lawyer" can be used in the same sentence.
J
:)
don't give me a reason to start on deadbeat dads.
and the adverse consequence avoiding uneducated sexually aggressive women that chose them to breed?!:eek:
There's no easy way out except the door. Take it easy...try not to get arrested. Bad enough to be in family court...try and skip criminal court. Do yourself a favor and learn a lesson...get fixed and enjoy the kids you already have.
CC