PDA

View Full Version : New iPods don't work with docking stations

sigepmock
11-09-2007, 09:47 AM
This might be old news but I just learned that the new generation iPods don't work with any of the docking stations or head unit interfaces...well at least not the video.
I'm not an expert but so far the iPod "Classic", touch, and new Nano only work with new apple cables. I can get audio out but no video. Talked with Apple and they don't have much info except "Yep doesn't work"
SOunds like the manufacturers are scrambling to get out new adapters out but for now Apple screwed us.
Chris

Jyruiz
11-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I have yet to fill my 20gig iPod.

mbrown2
11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Apple didn't screw anybody. If you don't license the technology, you get what you paid for.
So folks that do license ie: Alpine or Peripheral should still work and be compatible with the new pods.....or do they not license..

OCMerrill
11-09-2007, 10:14 AM
This might be old news but I just learned that the new generation iPods don't work with any of the docking stations or head unit interfaces...well at least not the video.
I'm not an expert but so far the iPod "Classic", touch, and new Nano only work with new apple cables. I can get audio out but no video. Talked with Apple and they don't have much info except "Yep doesn't work"
SOunds like the manufacturers are scrambling to get out new adapters out but for now Apple screwed us.
Chris
Thanks for this info.
I was just about to make this mistake. I wonder if they or somebody will be making an adapter and get it on the market in time for Xmas? We already have many docking items including a Bose unit, home dock tied to my home receiver, and several car deals.
Wow.
Companies plan this kind of obsolescence all the time. Renews a revenue stream. I can still buy the older Video version and now plan to.