PDA

View Full Version : BMW's Suck!

grads2112
11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I bought a new BMW last December for 90K and went to try and trade it in this week to the same dealership and they offered me 58K for it. It depreciated 32K in 11 months??? This car has 8000 miles on it, looks like new and even still has that new car smell. When I told the dealer that that doesn't say much for his cars his answer to me was "Mercedes are just as bad"....I don't own a Mercedes. I understand that the car depreciates the second it drives off of the lot but I thought that was a little extreme.

scarabrick2
11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
pm cardudes

Moneypitt
11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
That is just terrible.............he he he..........

Trailer Park Casanova
11-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Had you leased it for 2 years, would have taken as big a hit?
I no nothing about leasing, but I was wondering if it would have been an advantage in your case?
BTW, what Bimmer did you buy for $90K?

grads2112
11-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Had you leased it for 2 years, would have taken as big a hit?
I no nothing about leasing, but I was wondering if it would have been an advantage in your case?
BTW, what Bimmer did you buy for $90K?
Fully loaded 2007 750LI

Magic34
11-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Looks like you took it hard when you bought it.
Every luxury auto is suffering right now. You should hear the buy bid I just got for an 06 SL55 AMG with 1600 miles on it.
Must be good to be the king!

ULTRA26 # 1
11-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I bought a new BMW last December for 90K and went to try and trade it in this week to the same dealership and they offered me 58K for it. It depreciated 32K in 11 months??? This car has 8000 miles on it, looks like new and even still has that new car smell. When I told the dealer that that doesn't say much for his cars his answer to me was "Mercedes are just as bad"....I don't own a Mercedes. I understand that the car depreciates the second it drives off of the lot but I thought that was a little extreme.
Anytime you try and trade in a high dollar car, they attempt to rape you. However, 7 Series BMW's are and always have been exceptionally soft. Shit my nephew had an SL55 that he traded in at 18 months old and 11K mikes $120K down to $85K.
Selling private party, which is a pain, will probably bring you an additional
$10K.
Always better to lease this type of vehicle, IMO Just my .02

deltarat
11-09-2007, 06:50 PM
It sucks to be the KING sometimes, huh.

H2O
11-09-2007, 06:51 PM
FWIW - I usually buy my Bimmers 3 years old at approx. 50% off sticker, or wait until they're 10 years old and buy them when they're basically done depreciating.
Yes, you have to drive a used car and do a little maintenance, but check this out; I bought a 12 year old M5, drove it for 4 years and sold it for 70% more than I bought if for. So 70% APPRECIATION in 4 years:cool:
Those deals don't come along often, but they're nice when you get 'em!

maxwedge
11-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Just a little FYI...Most new cars loose 30-50% of their value in the first 3 years of ownership. About 15-20% the instant you drive it off the lot.
I thought everybody knew that.:idea:

grads2112
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
It sucks to be the KING sometimes, huh.
No one said it would be easy:D
FWIW - I usually buy my Bimmers 3 years old at approx. 50% off sticker, or wait until they're 10 years old and buy them when they're basically done depreciating.
Yes, you have to drive a used car and do a little maintenance, but check this out; I bought a 12 year old M5, drove it for 4 years and sold it for 70% more than I bought if for. So 70% APPRECIATION in 4 years:cool:
Those deals don't come along often, but they're nice when you get 'em!
Now you tell me:cry:

piper
11-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Fully loaded 2007 750LI
What the hell? My brother bought the 2007 750Li D series for $118K. Damn!! He got took!!

riverroyal
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
that expensive,short term lease then move on

HemiDude
11-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Shoulda bought a Hyundai if that was your worry...:idea:

Jyruiz
11-09-2007, 07:14 PM
That sucks.

INSman
11-09-2007, 07:20 PM
pm cardudes
ditto ... PM thecardudes here on HB, he does some wholesale business for a BMW store any may be of some help. Heck, I would buy it off you if it were this same time next year.

RitcheyRch
11-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Knew cars depreciated but didnt think that much.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-09-2007, 08:10 PM
FYI:
Our nephew just got a job on BMW's assembly line in Carolina.
$13.50 per hour.
BWM employees work a 4 month to 4 month contract.
Says it's better than the $8.10 per hour he got at Home Depot.
At least it's an eye opener for him to finish college.
Our neice works at Yamaha, they pay the same.

CornWater
11-09-2007, 08:14 PM
How much was it again??
:rolleyes:

TCHB
11-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Honda

Marty Gras
11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
If you walk into any dealership looking/ acting like a "frecklefaced rube" you will be treated as such. Not having an "autobahn need" for "fine German engineering" I tend to PURCHASE US BRANDS. In Havasu, shit it's difficult to find qualified repair people for US brands, so high end imports are off of the table. I searched the internet for 3 months before purchasing a new US vehicle. Yes, we had to drive 300 miles up and 300 back, but paying $47750.00 for a new car that had an MSRP of $68240.00 "seemed to be a good deal". This car today has a wholesale low book at $34000.00, and with 19K on it and 3 years (3 more years of warranty) I'm doing OK. If I had paid "$8000.00 off" like the TV ads shout", I'd be F#(&%!, but working with any reasonable dealer, you can purchase a new or used vehicle at a good price. For god's sake, if you buy a Kia, Hundai, Suzuki, ETC, drive the wheels off of it SHUT UP and walk away! If you buy a Lexus, Bemer, Range Rover, Jaguar, MB, or whatever in that "euro status", and it requires a $1200.00 "12K mile service". "You got what you deserved". I do enjoy seeing YOU driving your "really nice" new "BMW" down main street, but don't look down on me because my car is old and paid for. "My BMW is in the bank", CASH, and so far I'm not complaining about the service! About 5 years ago BMW advertized that it now had "self adjusting valve lifters". Back in 1949 General Motors had "self adjusting valve lifters", and Ford soon followed, when will "the masses" wake up to the 21st century? You DON'T always get what you paid for!!!

OnlyMoney
11-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, we've got a 2003 or so (I can't remember HE bought it) 760 iL and it's the same story. High end cars are very soft resales right now. Gonna have to wait it out with the market....KING. :rolleyes:
On the other hand, our 645 just sold for what we bought it for....can't beat that!!! :D
So, now I'll drive the 760 until we can get what we're happy with out of it. Poor me.
<--- maybe it's better to be the queen. :eek:

grads2112
11-09-2007, 08:33 PM
If you walk into any dealership looking/ acting like a "frecklefaced rube" you will be treated as such. Not having an "autobahn need" for "fine German engineering" I tend to PURCHASE US BRANDS. In Havasu, shit it's difficult to find qualified repair people for US brands, so high end imports are off of the table. I searched the internet for 3 months before purchasing a new US vehicle. Yes, we had to drive 300 miles up and 300 back, but paying $47750.00 for a new car that had an MSRP of $68240.00 "seemed to be a good deal". This car today has a wholesale low book at $34000.00, and with 19K on it and 3 years (3 more years of warranty) I'm doing OK. If I had paid "$8000.00 off" like the TV ads shout", I'd be F#(&%!, but working with any reasonable dealer, you can purchase a new or used vehicle at a good price. For god's sake, if you buy a Kia, Hundai, Suzuki, ETC, drive the wheels off of it SHUT UP and walk away! If you buy a Lexus, Bemer, Range Rover, Jaguar, MB, or whatever in that "euro status", and it requires a $1200.00 "12K mile service". "You got what you deserved". I do enjoy seeing YOU driving your "really nice" new "BMW" down main street, but don't look down on me because my car is old and paid for. "My BMW is in the bank", CASH, and so far I'm not complaining about the service! About 5 years ago BMW advertized that it now had "self adjusting valve lifters". Back in 1949 General Motors had "self adjusting valve lifters", and Ford soon followed, when will "the masses" wake up to the 21st century? You DON'T always get what you paid for!!!
Wow...easy there now. I also own a few American cars.

uvindex
11-09-2007, 08:36 PM
I bought a new BMW last December for 90K and went to try and trade it in this week to the same dealership and they offered me 58K for it. It depreciated 32K in 11 months??? This car has 8000 miles on it, looks like new and even still has that new car smell. When I told the dealer that that doesn't say much for his cars his answer to me was "Mercedes are just as bad"....I don't own a Mercedes. I understand that the car depreciates the second it drives off of the lot but I thought that was a little extreme.Just did a quick search on Edmunds for used 2007 750s and the ones that came up ranged from $69,991 to $83,470. Sounds to me like the dealer was offering you the typical low-ball wholesale (or worse) price (I'm sure you know that you'll never get retail value on a trade-in).
Good luck! :)

acatitude
11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Didn't you tell them you were the KING????:confused:

Relaxalot
11-09-2007, 08:42 PM
If your car is a 7 series I am interested in it. P.M me or email me pictures and details and price.
Thanks,
dzachary@swfixtures.com

acatitude
11-09-2007, 08:46 PM
price is 58k it looks like ,:)

talkinghead
11-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I have never driven a BMW, but I love the new 3 series. I have a feeling that once I drove a 3 series, I would not want to drive anything less.

riverroyal
11-09-2007, 09:36 PM
with a unbelievable lease deal:D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2371330_1.JPG

INI
11-09-2007, 09:45 PM
owned 3 7s and loved everyone

No Name
11-09-2007, 09:56 PM
If you can pay 90K for a car do you really give a fock what you can get for it on a trade in? The damn thing wasn’t worth 90K when you bought it. So quit your focking crying and just be happy you could afford a car like that you yuppie fock. :D :D

INSman
11-09-2007, 10:12 PM
If your car is a 7 series I am interested in it. P.M me or email me pictures and details and price.
Thanks,
dzachary@swfixtures.com
Hey Dan, yes this is a 7 series and I am buying it ( after I sell you some insurance).... :D :D

grads2112
11-09-2007, 10:13 PM
If you can pay 90K for a car do you really give a fock what you can get for it on a trade in? The damn thing wasn’t worth 90K when you bought it. So quit your focking wining and just be happy you could afford a car like that you yuppie fock. :D :D
Just because I can afford a car like that doesn't mean that I like throwing money into the wind....relax dude.

No Name
11-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Just because I can afford a car like that doesn't mean that I like throwing money into the wind....relax dude.
I’m very relaxed. Didn't you notice the smiles? That means I just focking with you.
I thought the “KING” would have know that? :D

acatitude
11-09-2007, 10:22 PM
settle down there Rambo, he's just jealous he's still drivin that 63 studebaker:D :D , unlike the KING

No Name
11-09-2007, 10:26 PM
he's just jealous he's still drivin that 63 studebaker:D :D
That’s right. And two more payments and it’s all mine….:D

OGShocker
11-09-2007, 10:35 PM
I find cars are a GREAT investment. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Napanutt
11-09-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2371330_1.JPG
Let me guess...2006 330i,sport package possibly premium (can't tell from photo),no navigation,though...
We've had ours for 2 years now and I LOVE every minute behind the wheel...
http://b3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01092/31/64/1092554613_l.jpg
I have never driven a BMW, but I love the new 3 series. I have a feeling that once I drove a 3 series, I would not want to drive anything less.
Ours still smells new after two years,drives like a damn slot car,stereo kicks fukkin ass,did I mention navigates through traffic with ease...:)

John.
11-09-2007, 10:55 PM
dude, I know your pain. not quite as bad, but I paid close to $60k out the door for my vette 2 years ago. Now I have it listed for $38k and getting zero interest. cars, just like boats, are not the greatest investments.

No Name
11-09-2007, 11:04 PM
dude, I know your pain. not quite as bad, but I paid close to $65k out the door for my vette 2 years ago. Now I have it listed for $38k and getting zero interest. cars, just like boats, are not the greatest investments.
I hear ya. I paid 1,500 for my 1972 Ford Pinto a year ago. I’ve had it on Craigslist for the last two weeks for 600.00 OBO and not one call. :confused:
What are the chances they all called at once and jammed up the system?

acatitude
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM
I hear ya. I paid 1,500 for my 1972 Ford Pinto a year ago. I’ve had it on Craigslist for the last two weeks for 600.00 OBO and not one call. :confused:
What are the chances they all called at once and jammed up the system?
lmao :D :D

Napanutt
11-09-2007, 11:08 PM
dude, I know your pain. not quite as bad, but I paid close to $60k out the door for my vette 2 years ago. Now I have it listed for $38k and getting zero interest. cars, just like boats, are not the greatest investments.
Curious as to why you're (like a few others) are selling fairly new rides...:confused:

Magic34
11-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Princess life is tough.
Wait, is this the right thread?

uLtRADeNniS
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM
A buddy of mine is in the same boat! He paid 75k for a Mercedes about a year ago. He only has 14k miles on it and the dealer will only give him around 45k. Pretty shittyy if you ask me. I guess its best to lease cars like that!

Swoop
11-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm not an expert but I have gone had 4 mbz's in the past 3 years & know how insane the mark up on all of these cars are. When you go to the dealer and they love to show you their invoice from the factory just throw it back in their face because they are full of crap. If that piece of paper was correct I would have caused a certain mbz dealer to lose 15k on a single car a couple years back.
Last car I bought & one I currently own is an 07 MBZ E550 & the out the door asking price was 70k loaded, 18k miles & 8 months later I checked to see what I could get for it for trade in and they said 45-48k. I got a little over 10% off the asking price and they sold me the car for like 5k under invoice (hah, ya right). Point of my story is, f*** them from the start and you won't take as much of a hit, but you always are going to get killed on expensive cars- no way around it. I hate buying cars!

Magic34
11-09-2007, 11:21 PM
When I bought my 2005 Chevy Kodiak, the sticker was just under $90k. I was $77k OTD.
Had nothing but problems with the truck. It was at the dealer every other week it seemed. They knew how unhappy and pissed I was. I had bought all of my cars from this dealer, a total of 7 by the time I wa 25 from this same dealer. I figured they would want to take care of me since I was a good customer to start and was only going to buy more vehicles in the future.
After owning the kodiak 4 months, I couldn't take it any more. I sat down with the GM and sales managers who I had known for years and talked about trading it in for a crew cab dually.
My buy bid with 4000 miles on the truck..... $45k. Needless to say, I have not set foot back at that dealer and wont even give them $1 worth of business.
I understand it is a business they must run, however in my case the truck was a POS and they knew it. Their lack of getting anything done lost me forever as a customer.
On the bright side, we all have Jay. :)

BajaMike
11-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I love my BMW and enjoy it every time I drive it....the problem is, selling a late model car that is so expensive to a private party, expecially if you owe anything on it, is very difficult (you almost have to open an escrow like selling a house) so dealers have you by the short hairs.
You buy a car like that, keep it 5 or 6 years, the re-sale is pretty good (and you get years of enjoyment driving it). Keep it a year and sell it.....and you get screwed.......:idea:
:jawdrop:

Magic34
11-09-2007, 11:25 PM
ditto ... PM thecardudes here on HB, he does some wholesale business for a BMW store any may be of some help. Heck, I would buy it off you if it were this same time next year.
Maybe thecardudes will buy his viper as well. :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
11-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Went looking today. Checked out BMW''s, Infinit and Lexus. Felt that for the money you get more with the Lexus or Infiniti...perhaps I am wrong though

Swoop
11-09-2007, 11:45 PM
You get a lot more for your money with both of them (had a lexus for 2 months) but go for a drive in a higher end mbz or bmw and that will usually make up your mind. I'm on my second E class & I remember reading before I got my first E55 how the E class was one of the most unreliable sedan's of the year in like 04 or 05 yet one the most popular, guess what the dumb a$$ i am i still bought one, and am on my second. There is something about driving them......Grrr.

BajaMike
11-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Went looking today. Checked out BMW''s, Infinit and Lexus. Felt that for the money you get more with the Lexus or Infiniti...perhaps I am wrong though
Infiniti is junk, Lexus (LS Series) are very nice, smoothe and quiet and great customer service (I have one), but my BMW is better then all of them (way better then Mercedes!).
Took my mom shopping today in Palm Dessert....she drove Maserati sedan....($140K).....
http://www.maserati.com.au/images/banners/quattroporte_intro.jpg
The Bentley sedan.....($250K)
http://www.bentleymotors.com/media/med/Libraries/1/Spur-Introduction_l2_w728_h402.jpg
And the Rolls Royce Phantom......($390k).....
http://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/lo-band/images/phantom/coach_doors.jpg
She stayed with her BMW 7 series......:idea: (they are all nice, over-priced cars...I kinda liked the Maserati.......:D
But the BMW is a great car.............:idea:

Trailer Park Casanova
11-10-2007, 05:39 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/38123812Parker__05_070-med.jpg
Wife paid $29.300 OTD new in '05 for her S2000.
Dealer said she can get easily get $24.600 for it now.
Now that's holding resale value.
One Rice burner I'd avoid is Infinity. We've had bad luck with all Nissans even as far back when they were Datsun.
Lexus might be the better choice re-sale wise if ya grind them down on price.
Lots of hard core, old money Toyota owners/lovers out there that feel confidant buying used lexus and Toyotas.
Dealer invoices are complete balony.
We love BMWs but damn they're money burners.

ratso
11-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Princess life is tough.
Wait, is this the right thread?
Yes it is, but it's the "male" version...:idea:

Sigus
11-10-2007, 05:58 AM
You get a lot more for your money with both of them (had a lexus for 2 months) but go for a drive in a higher end mbz or bmw and that will usually make up your mind. I'm on my second E class & I remember reading before I got my first E55 how the E class was one of the most unreliable sedan's of the year in like 04 or 05 yet one the most popular, guess what the dumb a$$ i am i still bought one, and am on my second. There is something about driving them......Grrr.
Swoop, were you at Eyves Bistro last night?

airpacker
11-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Perspective. In europe, Benzs and Bimmers are everywhere. taxi cabs, pizza delivery vehicles, common everyday drivers cars. In the middle east, they are stripped down deisel powered goat and chicken haulers. In North America, they add wood grain and softer seats, fancy doodads and widgets and they become Luxury cars. They all wear out. They all run out of warranty and they all lose value faster than they run. The difference is in NA, they are so fricken over priced to start with that a 30% depreciation hit adds up to a much larger amount of $$.
Any Eurotrash car that is old enough to have no warranty remaining is a piss poor investment. Sure, you can buy it cheap ( because the warranty is up and the depreciation has kicked in full force ) but the projected cost of ownership is astronmical. Repair parts cost is super inflated. Dealership rates are akin to anal rape. The cars literally start to fall apart after 4 yrs, sometimes less.
Now, understand that I don't want people to stop buying them. They, Eurotrash rides add a substantial amount to the bottom line in my shop. I just wouldn't own one.
BMW, why so expensive? Because BETTER MARKETING WORKS.
Mercedes Benz. The Goat Hauler / Taxi Cab of choice in Pakistan
Audi? Just don't go there. Question. What do you call a person who buys a 3 yr old Audi with an expired warranty? A Fricken Audiot :)
Everyone speaks of "German engineering". Who cares?
Want to really screw up how something works? Take a perfectly functioning operating system. send it to a German engineer and he will find a way to over complicate every single part of it.
Just MHO from 25 years in the trenches repairing these things.

ratso
11-10-2007, 06:20 AM
Perspective. In europe, Benzs and Bimmers are everywhere. taxi cabs, pizza delivery vehicles, common everyday drivers cars. In the middle east, they are stripped down deisel powered goat and chicken haulers. In North America, they add wood grain and softer seats, fancy doodads and widgets and they become Luxury cars. They all wear out. They all run out of warranty and they all lose value faster than they run. The difference is in NA, they are so fricken over priced to start with that a 30% depreciation hit adds up to a much larger amount of $$.
Any Eurotrash car that is old enough to have no warranty remaining is a piss poor investment. Sure, you can buy it cheap ( because the warranty is up and the depreciation has kicked in full force ) but the projected cost of ownership is astronmical. Repair parts cost is super inflated. Dealership rates are akin to anal rape. The cars literally start to fall apart after 4 yrs, sometimes less.
Now, understand that I don't want people to stop buying them. They, Eurotrash rides add a substantial amount to the bottom line in my shop. I just wouldn't own one.
BMW, why so expensive? Because BETTER MARKETING WORKS.
Mercedes Benz. The Goat Hauler / Taxi Cab of choice in Pakistan
Audi? Just don't go there. Question. What do you call a person who buys a 3 yr old Audi with an expired warranty? A Fricken Audiot :)
Everyone speaks of "German engineering". Who cares?
Want to really screw up how something works? Take a perfectly functioning operating system. send it to a German engineer and he will find a way to over complicate every single part of it.
Just MHO from 25 years in the trenches repairing these things.
LOL... :D

Faceaz
11-10-2007, 06:38 AM
My wifes got an X5. She loves it, I hate it. It drives really well, but the electrics are horrid. I think I replace a blinker or stop light bulb at least once a month. We've had (2) of the window mechanisms bust - replacing those was a bitch. It also had a camshaft position sensor go out - we paid the repair shop to take care of that. Plus you need the computer to reset oil change indicator, so it has to go to the shop every oil change.
Basically we've paid about 4 times as much for repairs on her car with 62k mi than my Mitsubishi with 140k mi.

BadKachina
11-10-2007, 06:43 AM
We do 36 month leases on the wifes luxury cars. The last one she did was on an Infinity, this car is an Audi. I figure it gives her a new car every three years and I know what I'm going to pay up front. You just have make sure you don't go over miles and you take care or the car your leasing. BTW, the Audi is a pos in comparison to the Infinity. I think the next one will be a Lexus or the M series Infinity.

BadKachina
11-10-2007, 06:52 AM
I see a couple of people posted the Infinity is junk??? Wow, our last one had not one problem in three years. The customer service at the dealerships are awesome. If you make an appt. for service they give you a loaner and they wash and vacuum your car before giving it back every time. I found the whole experience to be one of the best car owning experiences I've ever had.

catman-do
11-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Wow, if your complaining about the loss you took on your car, wait till you realize the loss you've taken on your boat!

boatsnblondes
11-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Well, you purchased a real high dollar car, what did you really expect?? Yes, the cars drop thier vatue 40-50% on the other side of the curb, and yes, you should have leased it, let the bank take the hit. That said, unless you put a GOB of money down on it to reduce your payments, (something tells me you didn't) your so upside donw in the car it will take at least three more years to get it to the point it can be traded in. Someone saw you coming.
And your surprised by the offer from the dealership why? They gave the the wholesale price dude, probably told you "no, we won't keep this car, we'll wholesale it." right. They will keep it, and sell it for a LOT more than they paid you for it.
SO, here are your choices, King. First, take it like a man, pay the money you owe to get out of it, then lease it next time. Depending on how much the difference is, they might be able to throw it on the backside of a new lease, however, I don't recommend this. Start out fresh, I say.
Sell it privatly. Yes, it takes work, and some on here have expressed interest on your car, but in the long run, you will get a more realistic price for your car than a dealership. They hit you, no, INSULTED you with the lowest price they could, thats thier job. You/I/we get it both ways, first they give you just enough of a discount to make you happy and buy, they they refuse to give you anything to help you out of it.....
In the future, cars are a wear item, just like shoes...there is no investment in a new car. Lease it for two years, get a new car.....hope this helps...good luck.....I feel for ya bro....:(

GoCiggie31
11-10-2007, 08:50 AM
'never purchase a depreciating asset, consider renting or leasing'
As stated in earlier post, many times mfg leasing is the way to go. With factory(mfg) subvention, the money factor (interest) is close to nothing (on the loan only). So if you work the deal on the vehicle and find the mfg subvented lease, you can keep your transportation expense lower.
IMHO, shop around for the right CPO (certified preowed), that is the better deal.:D

OGShocker
11-10-2007, 09:04 AM
'never purchase a depreciating asset, consider renting or leasing'
As stated in earlier post, many times mfg leasing is the way to go. With factory(mfg) subvention, the money factor (interest) is close to nothing (on the loan only). So if you work the deal on the vehicle and find the mfg subvented lease, you can keep your transportation expense lower.
IMHO, shop around for the right CPO (certified preowed), that is the better deal.:D
What kind of lease program does Cigarette have? ;)

boatnam2
11-10-2007, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=Faceaz;2887062]My wifes got an X5. She loves it, I hate it. It drives really well, but the electrics are horrid. I think I replace a blinker or stop light bulb at least once a month. We've had (2) of the window mechanisms bust - replacing those was a bitch. It also had a camshaft position sensor go out - we paid the repair shop to take care of that. Plus you need the computer to reset oil change indicator, so it has to go to the shop every oil change.
we had a 328i nice to drive but what a peice of shitt electrically,mirrors,blinkers,seats the whole electrical system took a shitt even the dealer didnt want to mess with it.Traded it in on something else and the new owner not sure how they got our phone number called asking about the electrical kinda felt bad but you buy used take that chance.

OC28HEAT
11-10-2007, 09:46 AM
thist explain owigot my 2007 550i that stickered at 80k certified wth 100k warranty with 8k miles and new car smell for 50k at 3.9%
nevr buy brand new

riverroyal
11-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Let me guess...2006 330i,sport package possibly premium (can't tell from photo),no navigation,though...
We've had ours for 2 years now and I LOVE every minute behind the wheel...
http://b3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01092/31/64/1092554613_l.jpg
Ours still smells new after two years,drives like a damn slot car,stereo kicks fukkin ass,did I mention navigates through traffic with ease...:)
yes premium,no nav or i drive.We had a 05 525 with Idrive,never really used it.We traded it in with ziggy to get a lower payment,now we like this car much better than the 5,although i never get to drive it:mad:

talkinghead
11-10-2007, 11:00 AM
If I could afford to drive a BMW I would, but I can't.

Tom Brown
11-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Creating a thread to call BMW out seems unprofessional to me. This thread should be moved to Bench Racers.

WYRD
11-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Prehaps you should have "bartered" services for part of the down payment, I am sure with your talents you could have knocked off at least 25k...:eek: :D

ratso
11-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Creating a thread to call BMW out seems unprofessional to me. This thread should be moved to Bench Racers.
...but he isn't a "business owner" Tom...:idea:

WYRD
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Infiniti is junk, Lexus (LS Series) are very nice, smoothe and quiet and great customer service (I have one), but my BMW is better then all of them (way better then Mercedes!).
Took my mom shopping today in Palm Dessert....she drove Maserati sedan....($140K).....
The Bentley sedan.....($250K)
[
And the Rolls Royce Phantom......($390k).....
She stayed with her BMW 7 series......:idea: (they are all nice, over-priced cars...I kinda liked the Maserati.......:D
But the BMW is a great car.............:idea:
Is your mom single:confused: :D

topless
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Creating a thread to call BMW out seems unprofessional to me. This thread should be moved to Bench Racers.Maybe Rex can lock this thread before it gets out of hand.

GoCiggie31
11-10-2007, 11:26 AM
What kind of lease program does Cigarette have? ;)
CPO, Cig Pre-Owned fixer-upper :D :D

Suckfish81
11-10-2007, 11:43 AM
I worked for BMW for 3 yrs as a sales associate. As far as BMWS go they hold the highest resale value of any of the high end cars. Dont be fooled by the dealerships they are making money on you on the front end and back end. They will useally tell you they arnt selling good now so they will give thousands behind KBB. If you want all the money for your trade sell it outright or have a friend who can wholesale it at a bid sale. My wifes BMW the dealers all wanted to give us 12-13500 for her BMW I wholesaled it at my friends bid sale and got 17000.for it. And in my opinion There is no better car than a BMW as long as you also get the service contract. The only other make that has anywhere close to BMWs resale is Honda.

Rexone
11-10-2007, 11:44 AM
...but he isn't a "business owner" Tom...:idea:
Actually he is. Imagine that. :idea:
What was that definition of hypocrite again?

finsfan4life
11-10-2007, 11:45 AM
My Saturn cost me $18000.00, kicks ass !!!

Tom Brown
11-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey Mike, for what it's worth, I enjoy you more when you're a little pissed off. :D

rrrr
11-10-2007, 11:49 AM
:D :D
You'd think a baller like grads could stay in the kitchen a little longer......after making 10 payments he's calling uncle.

Tom Brown
11-10-2007, 11:54 AM
You'd think a baller like grads could stay in the kitchen a little longer......after making 10 payments he's calling uncle.
I noticed that too. :D
Wanted the baller car... after 10 payments discovered he couldn't afford it... and now he's bitter because of the consequence of his ego seeded mistake. To be fair, 58K for an 06 7 series seems pretty low to me. Unfortunately, he's selling it at the absolute worst point in the depreciation curve.
On the bright side, grads is enjoyable with a little adversity on his ass.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Threads like this make me happy I don't have any car payments.

grads2112
11-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Actually he is. Imagine that. :idea:
Yes but you don't see me posting in a public forum about people who owe my business money. It's kind of a classless act if you ask me.

Moneypitt
11-10-2007, 12:01 PM
I noticed that too. :D
Wanted the baller car... after 10 payments discovered he couldn't afford it... and now he's bitter because of the consequence of his ego seeded mistake. To be fair, 58K for an 06 7 series seems pretty low to me. Unfortunately, he's selling it at the absolute worst point in the depreciation curve.
So he owes more than the car is worth?......Maybe he should've bought realestate, and joined that group of egos, who are also geting whacked on the pee pee about now..........MP

AZJD
11-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Fully loaded 2007 750LI
The 700 series has the worst depreciation of all cars nationally.

Tom Brown
11-10-2007, 12:04 PM
So he owes more than the car is worth?......
I would imagine he's more upside down than the earth observers on the international space station. It blows. I feel bad for grads.
Yes but you don't see me posting in a public forum about people who owe my business money.
Do you have any customers here that owe you money? Are you in the marine industry?
Gotta say... there is no honor in sweeping an unpaid debt under the rug. If Jet-o-vator owes Rexie some dough, seems to me he ought to pay up.
This forum is a means of communication. If it can help Rexone collect an outstanding debt with some communication here, I fail to see a problem with that. If you choose to run your business differently, that's cool too but your judgementalism seems like sour bullshit to me, at this point.

rrrr
11-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Yes but you don't see me posting in a public forum about people who owe my business money. Kind of a classless act if you ask me.
I notice the hundreds of other business owners on Hot Boat don't seem to share your opinion......
I don't have a problem using whatever means is at hand to collect bad debts. Not only that, if you're going to steal from people your name should be made public.

ratso
11-10-2007, 12:22 PM
I notice the hundreds of other business owners on Hot Boat don't seem to share your opinion......
I don't have a problem using whatever means is at hand to collect bad debts. Not only that, if you're going to steal from people your name should be made public.
I think he just has a hard on for ole Rex...;)

OGShocker
11-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Mikey is a beautiful man!:D

Rexone
11-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes but you don't see me posting in a public forum about people who owe my business money. It's kind of a classless act if you ask me.
Let's review classless for a moment.
How bout the title of this thread "BMW's Suck". Just because you made a bad investment.
Nice.
The time you posted porn in Hot Spots West just radiated with class.
I'm sure a review of your posting would reveal dozens more examples.
So why would anyone ask you advice about class Greg?

Tom Brown
11-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey, he's got class oozing from his butt.
That class will be crusting over in a minute or two. :D

Rexone
11-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh I doubt that's the reason Ratso. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2850264&postcount=6)
From this thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167565)

squirt'nmyload
11-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm sure a review of your posting would reveal dozens more examples.
paging RD :D :D

ratso
11-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh I doubt that's the reason Ratso. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2850264&postcount=6)
From this thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167565)
:D

No Name
11-10-2007, 01:28 PM
GRADS taking it in the ass, who would have thought? http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/supergay.gif:D :D :D
Hey grads I fixed you avatar for ya...:D
Feel free to use it..:)
grads2112
The QUEEN
http://www.***boat.com/forums/image.php?u=7022&dateline=1193714206

Jbb
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
.......:p

totenhosen
11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the world of depreciation.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-10-2007, 05:56 PM
My car depriciated also, dammit! 8K in 6 years. :mad: Course, I bought a late model used Chevrolet.

talkinghead
11-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Take it to Carmax - you have nothing really to lose in doing so.
Carmax buys cars...no pressure.

BajaMike
11-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Plus you need the computer to reset oil change indicator, so it has to go to the shop every oil change.
Any non-factory BMW shop can re-set the oil change/service indicator in about 15 seconds without a computer.....I don't know how, but they do it.
:idea:

Formula Dude
11-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Any non-factory BMW shop can re-set the oil change/service indicator in about 15 seconds without a computer.....I don't know how, but they do it.
Just do the oil change. Wait until the Service Interval lights are down to the last green or yellow. Then, do another change and reset the lights. You have to jump pins 19 and 7 on the diagnostic port under the hood to reset the lights. Good site...
http://www.bmwtips.com

moparjet
11-11-2007, 03:59 AM
i am a tech for bmw.....and they do really suck.. the older ones are a lot better than the new ones.. there is to many electric gadgets on the newer ones and mainly thats what goes wrong with them...bmw is still tring to perfect all the new crap they have come out with in the past few years. if you buy a bmw beware when the warr. runs out...its gonna be expensive and so will the maint. that why resale kinda sucks.. but they do hold good value

moparjet
11-11-2007, 04:00 AM
Just do the oil change. Wait until the Service Interval lights are down to the last green or yellow. Then, do another change and reset the lights. You have to jump pins 19 and 7 on the diagnostic port under the hood to reset the lights. Good site...
http://www.bmwtips.com
you can only jump pins on the older ones...pre 01.. you can reset them thrugh the cluster on all of them after 01

Cole
11-11-2007, 07:37 AM
i am a tech for bmw.....and they do really suck.. the older ones are a lot better than the new ones.. there is to many electric gadgets on the newer ones and mainly thats what goes wrong with them...bmw is still tring to perfect all the new crap they have come out with in the past few years. if you buy a bmw beware when the warr. runs out...its gonna be expensive and so will the maint. that why resale kinda sucks.. but they do hold good value
Thats funny right there.....

lalhc
11-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Purchasing a car is the worst investment you can make. I prefer to lease anything over 40K, but unfortunately both my wife and I put on too many miles per year. That's why I drive a Honda now. I purchased it for less than 30K out the door and it will last as long as I want it too.

Faceaz
11-11-2007, 08:47 AM
you can only jump pins on the older ones...pre 01.. you can reset them thrugh the cluster on all of them after 01
It sounds like my wifes car is in no mans land. It's a 2001 X5 3.0, how do I reset the lights?

rrrr
11-11-2007, 08:53 AM
To find out how YOU can reset the oil change indicator light on your BMW, just send $9.95 and a self addressed, stamped envelope to........
:D :D
RESETTING OIL SERVICE INDICATOR:
If your OBC needs to be reset after completing your oil change, there are two ways. NOTE: If you miss a step, just turn the key back off and try again:
A. Model Year 1999 to Mid-2000: You should have the older round 20-pin DLC connector under your hood behind the battery terminal, you need to use a small length of wire to connect (short) pins 7 and 19 for 3-5 seconds with the ignition key in position 1 (Accessory).
B. After Mid-2000: You should not have the 20-pin DLC connector. You only need to hold the left odometer reset button while turning the key to position 1 (Accessory). Keep holding the button for 5 or so seconds until any of the following shows in the display: OIL SERVICE or INSPECTION with RESET or RE. Release the button and press it again for another 5 or so seconds until RESET or RE flash. While the display flashes, press the button one more time briefly. If done correctly, END SIA should show up for a few seconds. All done.

Formula Dude
11-11-2007, 08:53 AM
It sounds like my wifes car is in no mans land. It's a 2001 X5 3.0, how do I reset the lights?
This site has some good info for X5.
http://www.x5world.com/

hoolign
11-11-2007, 09:26 AM
The way your post reads to me is you forked out 90k for a beemer. So if you can afford to drop 90k on a car, what's 32K?? should be peanuts! Don't sweat it , just reach into your pockets and buy another one?? The Jones's wouldn't be bitching about this..they'd be quite happy to be able to lose that much on a car! You don't wanna be out done by the Jones's...your the King! I'd park it..in spite of the dealer and upgrade for cash at a competitor..to hell with the trade in! :idea:

AZJD
11-11-2007, 10:11 AM
The way your post reads to me is you forked out 90k for a beemer. So if you can afford to drop 90k on a car, what's 32K?? should be peanuts! Don't sweat it , just reach into your pockets and buy another one?? The Jones's wouldn't be bitching about this..they'd be quite happy to be able to lose that much on a car! You don't wanna be out done by the Jones's...your the King! I'd park it..in spite of the dealer and upgrade for cash at a competitor..to hell with the trade in! :idea:
Anyone trading a car in after one year should expect this.
Got to drive it atleast 2 years and realisticly 3 years.....

hoolign
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Anyone trading a car in after one year should expect this.
Got to drive it atleast 2 years and realisticly 3 years.....
Call me crazy..but if I was going to fork out 90K on a car..it would be something I needed to have...and I would have it forever.

AZJD
11-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Call me crazy..but if I was going to fork out 90K on a car..it would be something I needed to have...and I would have it forever.
Crazy!:D
That's not the way of a true baller! Got to have the newest model available.:idea:
It's a year old 7oo series. Why get rid of it. Drive that bitch, it's still a nice ride!

acatitude
11-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I kinda like the idea of driving my 2k dollar old tbird around town, and for a nice trip you just rent a nice car. no muss no fuss and that 90k will go a long ways....But then I'm not the KING, I just have a Howard:D

grads2112
11-11-2007, 10:39 AM
But then I'm not the KING, I just have a Howard:D
And you remember that!

acatitude
11-11-2007, 11:02 AM
And you remember that!
LOL

HemiDude
11-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh god my stomach hurts from laughing!!! good work!!!
:D :D : :hammer2: :hammer2: ::220v: :supp: : :cry: :D
If you can pay 90K for a car do you really give a fock what you can get for it on a trade in? The damn thing wasn’t worth 90K when you bought it. So quit your focking crying and just be happy you could afford a car like that you yuppie fock. :D :D

Classic Daycruiser
11-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I'll offer you $30K if it makes you feel better about the $58k offer:D :D :D

OGShocker
11-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Crazy!:D
That's not the way of a true baller! Got to have the newest model available.:idea:
It's a year old 7oo series. Why get rid of it. Drive that bitch, it's still a nice ride!
R E P O M A N ?

Faceaz
11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
This site has some good info for X5.
http://www.x5world.com/
Thanks!!