PDA

View Full Version : Havasu pool builder/contractor

INSman
03-03-2006, 08:31 AM
I have one good reference and am looking for at least one more, along with a landscape contractor. Any BAD experiences would also be appreciated so I know who to stay AWAY from :220v: :)

TRIMM MANN
03-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Blane,
Moahve County Pools did mine. I don't want to say anything on here. PM me and I will share some things with you.
Kenny

imbndvs
03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
STAY AWAY from Eddie Vidovich / Creative Exterior Designs.
If you need any additional info on him PM me as I am filing a law suit against him now.

INSman
03-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Keep it coming guys/gals, I have a "positive" on Paradon Pools I believe.

phebus
03-03-2006, 08:52 AM
I have heard nothing but good things, and I have gone to look at several of the pools this builder has done. Very nice, and he seems to stick to his schedule
Den at:
Sand Castle Pools Inc
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
(928) 680-1815

That Guy
03-03-2006, 08:53 AM
I am guessing that Kenny didn't have a positive experience with Mohave. I had the opposite. They did a great job, on time and the workmanship was very good. Just my .02.....

SummitKarl
03-03-2006, 08:56 AM
I am guessing that Kenny didn't have a positive experience with Mohave. I had the opposite. They did a great job, on time and the workmanship was very good. Just my .02.....
they just had an objection to painting a CHEVY logo on the bottom of his pool :rollside:

jbtrailerjim
03-03-2006, 08:56 AM
I have heard nothing but good things, and I have gone to look at several of the pools this builder has done. Very nice, and he seems to stick to his schedule
Den at:
Sand Castle Pools Inc
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
(928) 680-1815
My dad knows these guys and has told me they are good people and build some nice pools.

INSman
03-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Anyone heard of Island Concepts ???

INSman
03-03-2006, 08:58 AM
There is just no pleasing Kenny, but we have come to accept it !!! JK :)

TRIMM MANN
03-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Steve,
On the contrary, they did a great job. I guess it sounded like I wasn't happy.
I just didn't want to get in a pissing match with anyone that might not have had a good experience.

That Guy
03-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Steve,
On the contrary, they did a great job. I guess it sounded like I wasn't happy.
I just didn't want to get in a pissing match with anyone that might not have had a good experience.
OK, I guess I just read it wrong....glad you had a good experience as did we....give me a call when you get a chance and lets see when we can get together and have a drink.....So, I guess you now have two positives for Mohave. The owner is Rex, I would give him a call.
:)

TRIMM MANN
03-03-2006, 09:39 AM
OK, I guess I just read it wrong....glad you had a good experience as did we....give me a call when you get a chance and lets see when we can get together and have a drink.....So, I guess you now have two positives for Mohave. The owner is Rex, I would give him a call.
:)
Steve,
I will definitely give you a call.
Several of my friends have had pools done by Mojave and we all had a great experience. I would definitely give them a call.
I will give Blane my girls number .

Ivan Dan
03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
We interviewed quite a few builders before putting our pool in a year and a half ago. We came down to Mohave and Sand Castle. My dad is the one that did the interviews and he felt more comfortable with Den at Sandcastle so thats who we went with. I can send a few pics if you would like PM me with an e-mail address.

SummitKarl
03-03-2006, 11:17 AM
GOT YOUR MSG
Parado & sons
I am not sure if they do the whole job though :confused:

INSman
03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
GOT YOUR MSG
Parado & sons
Interesting, in that those guys only do the finish work once the hole is dug :idea:

SummitKarl
03-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Interesting, in that those guys only do the finish work once the hole is dug :idea:
Lack if Lic/INS. I would guess :rolleyes:

INSman
03-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Parado refers to ADVANTAGE POOLS, anyone worked with them ???

Ziggy
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I have one good reference and am looking for at least one more, along with a landscape contractor. Any BAD experiences would also be appreciated so I know who to stay AWAY from :220v: :)
Ya know, if they were to accidently dig that hole a few blocks down from you I wouldn't get mad about it...really, it'd be ok :D

Broke_Richard!
03-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Call Chris at Custom Pools. He has been in town for a long time. He built ours and 2 other friends of mine. All of us were very happy.
He built ours first then asked for payment when he finished.
Good Luck

Woodster
03-03-2006, 03:38 PM
What about doing Owner/builder?? Im in the middle of doing mine right now..Starting concrete decking on monday. I should be done complete in around 2 weeks or so.

slowinhavasu
03-03-2006, 05:00 PM
If you don't mind being on a waiting list, give Mike a call at MVR construction 928-680-1317 He is without a doubt the best of the best, no problems, no worries.... Good luck....
If you want to take a look at our pool when your in town drop me a line.....

Bling Bling
03-03-2006, 07:36 PM
GOT YOUR MSG
Parado & sons
Don't they do plaster-pebble tec?

Bling Bling
03-03-2006, 07:38 PM
What about doing Owner/builder?? Im in the middle of doing mine right now..Starting concrete decking on monday. I should be done complete in around 2 weeks or so.
I got a bottle of Goose for your list of subs.

CornWater
03-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Not everyone drinks goose ya lush......
:) :) :)

INSman
03-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Don't they do plaster-pebble tec?
Is this a bad thing Greg or THE way to go ?? :confused:

H20Advantage
03-03-2006, 08:05 PM
For landscape call April at Desert Green Nursery. Can't help you on the pool though.

INSman
03-03-2006, 08:08 PM
For landscape call April at Desert Green Nursery. Can't help you on the pool though.
She did my landscaping and was in motion on this deal, but broke-up with her boyfriend and then I have yet to find her again.

H20Advantage
03-03-2006, 08:49 PM
She did my landscaping and was in motion on this deal, but broke-up with her boyfriend and then I have yet to find her again.
How long ago was this? I had tried to get hold of her recently and had not gotten a call back. I thought she was just very busy. Call over to the nursery in Desert Hills. Her parents own the shop.

Woodster
03-03-2006, 09:39 PM
The Big bottle??all of my subs are out of Sandiego. Do you do work down here also? :)

Bling Bling
03-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Is this a bad thing Greg or THE way to go ?? :confused:
I'm a huge fan of Pebble-tec. I plaster my own pools in it 95% of the time. Just my prefrence. That Island concept, is his name Jody?

Bling Bling
03-03-2006, 11:56 PM
The Big bottle??all of my subs are out of Sandiego. Do you do work down here also? :)
No, I've got so much stuff up this way I'd screw myself going south. I'll tell ya what, I'm about a month away from finishing my casa in Havasu, what a pain in the ass.

Focker
03-03-2006, 11:58 PM
YA JUST JUST WAIT ONE MORE MONTH AND YA CAN PICK UP SOME SPECIAL PREBUILT PLASTIC POOLS FROM WALMART. :hammerhea

INSman
03-04-2006, 04:41 AM
I'm a huge fan of Pebble-tec. I plaster my own pools in it 95% of the time. Just my prefrence. That Island concept, is his name Jody?
Pretty sure Jody is his name, any info ??

KoolPop
03-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Mojave County did ours in 2003, and we have been very happy. They didn't take very long and haven't had any problems at all. I would highly recommend them!

Hardly Satisfied
03-04-2006, 09:33 AM
A friend of mine had his pool done in havasu , it came out very nice , Jody of Island pools 928-505-2826 , built his pool with calif time not havasu time . he lives out there full time.

Bling Bling
03-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Pretty sure Jody is his name, any info ??
He's great, and his partner is sharp to. When I talked about lay out, we were both on the same page. Seems good, and his time frame was great.

INSman
03-04-2006, 07:59 PM
He's great, and his partner is sharp to. When I talked about lay out, we were both on the same page. Seems good, and his time frame was great.
Did you do a project with him or only talked about it ??

Hardly Satisfied
03-04-2006, 09:56 PM
friend of mine that lives in havasu . let me know if you want to talk to him i give you his number??

Bling Bling
03-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Did you do a project with him or only talked about it ??
Were close, just trying to decide what type I want for the back yard. Call him and see what he can do for ya. Hell maybe we can get a two for one. :D

INSman
03-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Were close, just trying to decide what type I want for the back yard. Call him and see what he can do for ya. Hell maybe we can get a two for one. :D
When are you going up again as I would definitley like to take a "team" approach on this deal ??!!?? I am ready to pull the trigger in about 20 days.

prosthogod
03-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Not to change the thread, but does anybody know of a block fence company that is ~25-30$ a ft.Those are phoenix costs. In havasu everyone wants 50-60$/ft.

INSman
03-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Not to change the thread, but does anybody know of a block fence company that is ~25-30$ a ft.Those are phoenix costs. In havasu everyone wants 50-60$/ft.
Let me know if and when you find them as I need the same :220v:

Ivan Dan
03-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Give Jason Lee a call at Another Block Company 928-230-8794. He does great work but I'm not sure what he charges though. Make sure to tell him Dan Kaatz referred you.

prosthogod
03-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Give Jason Lee a call at Another Block Company 928-230-8794. He does great work but I'm not sure what he charges though. Make sure to tell him Dan Kaatz referred you.
I have talked to him, and he was ~55/ft without stucco.

Ivan Dan
03-06-2006, 09:31 AM
I have talked to him, and he was ~55/ft without stucco.
Have you got any other bids yet? How many guys did you call and how many actually showed up? It blows my mind how flakey 98% of contractors are out there.
I can vouch that Jason is a hard worker and does an awesome job. I'm sure you already know this but in Havasu you get what you pay for.

INSman
03-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Bump for BLING !!

CornWater
03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Bump for BLING !!
Wow, do you need his number???

INSman
03-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Wow, do you need his number???
Yes in fact, I may !!??!! :)

ejv
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
eddie creative exterior designs

ejv
04-23-2010, 06:09 AM
The accusations made against Eddie Vidovich and Creative Exterior Designs by imbndvs are false the company did complete the project that they were involved with under several threats from imbndvs and violent threats to the sub contractors that worked on the project. imbndvs aka Gerald Tieri is a very unstable and violent person he is nice at first and when you start a project for him he thinks it is supposed to be a certain way other than the way professionals do that he has hired. if he knows so much about everything he should just do him self and quit trying to get everything for nothing by violent threats and threats of law suits this company has never been sued and has a great list of clients in the river city's that are extremely happy. it has never advertised only word of mouth and still is a stable company still in business. all the contractors that are still in business in the river cities at this time must have done something correct with the way economy is. if you plan on doing a project the best way to find out things about a licensed contractor is from the contractors board remember always use a licensed contractor.

ejv
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
The accusations from imbndvs are false imbndvs aka gerri terri he is a very unstable person he threatens everybody on there projects he has mentioned in regards to eddie vidovich aka creative exterior designs that he is filing a law suit that is also not true creative exterior designs has an excellent record in the river cities with a extremely satisfied client list and has never had any complaints at the registrar of contractors river racer . Net has been asked to remove these false accusations there is no records of any kind any where to the false information of imbndvs aka gerri terri !!!