PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions please

Mattman
11-11-2007, 11:07 AM
In the next two days we will purchase one of the following: Toyota Sequoia, GMC Yukon or Chevy Tahoe. It will be used because of my budget and won''t get alot of miles put on it other than river trips. So, which would you go with? Oh, and not towing anything.

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 11:17 AM
In the next two days we will purchase one of the following: Toyota Sequoia, GMC Yukon or Chevy Tahoe. It will be used because of my budget and won''t get alot of miles put on it other than river trips. So, which would you go with? Oh, and not towing anything.
I hate to say it but I would guess the Toyota will be a better vehicle all the way around, re-sale, quality, etc..:rolleyes:

Classic Daycruiser
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
I hate to say it but I would guess the Toyota will be a better vehicle all the way around, re-sale, quality, etc..:rolleyes:
I agree as well

Not So Fast
11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I dont hate to say it, Toyota, been buying them for 10 years now and not disappointed once, as I was with Chevy!:( JMO!! NSF

OCMerrill
11-11-2007, 11:59 AM
How used are we talking?
We bought a 02 Yukon LT loaded with every option and only 20K miles in 05. No problems so far. Very good quality and a good deal compared to Toyota's we looked at.
Strong resale is only good for the seller. If you plan to re-sell soon then avoid the Yukon/Tahoe. Value drops quick. Our plan is to grind it until death.:D

Mattman
11-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Most we looked at are no older than '04. I said Yukon but meant Envoy if that matters.

HammerDown
11-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Personally and from first hand experience I no longer buy into the "Toyota hype":rolleyes:
When I tried to sell my 06 Corlooa-S w/only 6000 miles(100% flawless)...the dealer wouldn't give me sh*T on it and I lost $$$ to a private buyer just to get it out of my garage...after 1-1/2 years trying to sell it...f'ing Tin Can!

Boozer
11-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Talk to PHOTGLOU here on the boards.
His pricing on new often rivals what used car dealers try getting for 2-3 year old vehicles. I think he can also get you used vehicles as well and he'll probably get you a good deal on one of those too.

OCMerrill
11-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Most we looked at are no older than '04. I said Yukon but meant Envoy if that matters.
An Envoy....OK so a mid size full size. I have Zero experience except the majority come with an Inline 6 cyl and the 5.3 V8 was optional in later years.
Take Boozer's advice and try PHOTGLOU. He can find you nice used stuff as well as new. Post it up in his forum.

Mattman
11-11-2007, 01:17 PM
An Envoy....OK so a mid size full size. I have Zero experience except the majority come with an Inline 6 cyl and the 5.3 V8 was optional in later years.
Take Boozer's advice and try PHOTGLOU. He can find you nice used stuff as well as new. Post it up in his forum.
Yea, I have been in touch with him and he has give me good info. Just curious to see what others think and if they have first-hand experience.

SB
11-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Isuzu made an Envoy clone. Very cheap. I think prices on used Toyotas are a tad high.

HALLETT BOY
11-12-2007, 02:10 PM
You can't go wrong these days with the Tahoe or Yukon...they seem to run for more trouble-free miles than Toyotas, and cheaper to repair also !

cdog
11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I've got a 2005 Z71 tahoe that you can take over the lease for the next 18 months at $455 a month with 15k miles a year. It's white with gray leather.

Cole Trickle
11-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Sequoia is way underpowered. I wouldn't even consider one until they put the new 5.7 in one. As soon as they upgrade power it's gonna kill the newer used models value.

Lightning
11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
My wife drives and Envoy with the Denali package - great SUV. We just did a weekend out to Palm Desert from San Diego and got 19mpg. It has the 5.3 V8 with the cylinders on demand. If you can find one with the auto air-ride, i highly recommend it - very nice ride. You can't really compare the Envoy to the Sequoia, the Sequoia is quite a bit larger and underpowered from those that I have spoken with in the past. I have an 07' Yukon and have no complaints. My buddy has a 2005 with the Z71 package and really likes it.