View Full Version : iPhones

Cas
11-11-2007, 08:12 PM
are they worth it?
pros?
cons?

Riverat84
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
my friend's iphone touchpad died 3 days after he got it...ended up getting a free one from the irvine istore...kinda dissappointed tho.
Reid

Cs19
11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
killer phone, reception isnt as good as some other phones ive had but this thing is bad ass otherwise and i dont even use half the stuff its capable of. only complaints are the reception in some areas which could just be my phone and i like being able to text pics, cant do that only email pics but i hear they are working on an upgrade for that.

EAZYKILLER2006
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
i like my phone, the phone service AT&T sucks big time
:mad: :mad: :mad: drops calls all the time
but great internet
and everything else is fine
i was hoping the network is just the high desert/havasu area
for bad reception...but i dont know
i just stopped calling on my iphone all together:) (yea thats funny)
i figure if i keep trying to use it as a phone LOL and it keep dropping calls, i would get so pissed :mad:
i would throw it in the lake :devil:
:)
dont forget when you complain like i did to AT&T they will give you 500free minutes :rolleyes: like the did me:rolleyes:
i told AT&T i already have 12,000 rollover minutes, i dont need free extra minutes...
i need a network that doesnt drop my calls...:mad:

Boozer
11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Have you had your sim card swapped out? My iPhone gets great reception and I don't drop many calls.
i like my phone, the phone service AT&T sucks big time
:mad: :mad: :mad: drops calls all the time
but great internet
and everything else is fine
i was hoping the network is just the high desert/havasu area
for bad reception...but i dont know
i just stopped calling on my iphone all together:) (yea thats funny)
i figure if i keep trying to use it as a phone LOL and it keep dropping calls, i would get so pissed :mad:
i would throw it in the lake :devil:
:)
dont forget when you complain like i did to AT&T they will give you 500free minutes :rolleyes: like the did me:rolleyes:
i told AT&T i already have 12,000 rollover minutes, i dont need free extra minutes...
i need a network that doesnt drop my calls...:mad:

Cas
11-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I've had Cingular/At&t for a few years now and for us, it's the best for reception and very rare dropped calls. The exception to that is within about 100ft of our house and in it, hardly anyone has service here.
I read the other hread and it seems there's going to be some upgrades to it come the first part of next year. I think I just might hold off until then especially since I'm currently on month to month, contract ran out in Oct.
I'm still interested in the pros and cons from current users.

EAZYKILLER2006
11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Have you had your sim card swapped out? My iPhone gets great reception and I don't drop many calls.
really
i maybe i will try that...
thanks for the heads up:) :) :)

Screemy1
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I have the at&t 8525, after playing with the Iphone.... I like the 8525 better, Windows for me..... and a real keyboard over the touch screen one... with the 8525, you have a real keyboard or the touch.... phone is great, and the internet is fast..... mp3 play loud and clear with speaker... and headphones are great..... Way better imo!!

Boozer
11-12-2007, 10:22 AM
I have the at&t 8525, after playing with the Iphone.... I like the 8525 better, Windows for me..... and a real keyboard over the touch screen one... with the 8525, you have a real keyboard or the touch.... phone is great, and the internet is fast..... mp3 play loud and clear with speaker... and headphones are great..... Way better imo!!
Are you an HTC shareholder or something?
I have an 8525 and also have a Tilt. The Tilt is far better then the 8525 but Windows Mobile still sucks compared to the iPhone OS, I can understand you liking the 8525 if you like rebooting your phone 3 times a day, constantly having to close running applications, and etc.
If you need access to a microsoft exchange server then the Tilt is definitely the way to go. If an exchange server isn't an issue the iPhone is a far better device.

Screemy1
11-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I turned my phone on when I got it over 5 months ago and it has never been turned off since...... reboot..... have never had to..... lucky I guess, but people say the same about my laptop..... I have never turned it off except when I have added new programs and updates and had to restart...... :confused: :)

Boozer
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
I turned my phone on when I got it over 5 months ago and it has never been turned off since...... reboot..... have never had to..... lucky I guess, but people say the same about my laptop..... I have never turned it off except when I have added new programs and updates and had to restart...... :confused: :)
You are a very, very, very lucky person.

79Challenger
11-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I have the ATnT 3125. I wanted a small phone, but still have Windows. I think the bigest drawback for the iphone is I would not be able to sync my contacts and calendar with outlook, the way the Windows phones will. This is enough reason to steer me clear of the iphone.

Parker Dreamin
11-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Question about the Iphone.....
One of my buddies got his and can not receive emails through his work. They use outlook exchange server. Is it him or is this the truth.
To me that is a big deal. I am currently with Verizon using some some blackberry model.

Screemy1
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
You are a very, very, very lucky person.
watch the damb thing crash now in the next week!..... that will suck.

blown65
11-12-2007, 12:25 PM
I have the ATnT 3125. I wanted a small phone, but still have Windows. I think the bigest drawback for the iphone is I would not be able to sync my contacts and calendar with outlook, the way the Windows phones will. This is enough reason to steer me clear of the iphone.
Mine syncs with outlook just fine. You just do it with itunes, but pulls from my outlook info.

79Challenger
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM
^^^ I have heard this. Unfortunately the IT nazi upsatirs keeps the server locked to this form of access.
Besides... change is scary!lol.

Boozer
11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Question about the Iphone.....
One of my buddies got his and can not receive emails through his work. They use outlook exchange server. Is it him or is this the truth.
To me that is a big deal. I am currently with Verizon using some some blackberry model.
The iPhone is not compatible with a Microsoft Exchange server at this time. Apple is currently testing software that will enable the iPhone to support exchange servers but at this time it isn't compatible.
Any other email client other then Exchange is supported.
If you need to use something compatible with an exchange server then you should use a blackberry. There are a few devices out there that claim to do what the Blackberry does but none do it as well as the Blackberry.

ULTRA28
11-12-2007, 02:40 PM
So far I'm pretty happy with my I phone, but I've only had it a few weeks. The first one I got did die after the first day which sucked because I was in Texas and couldn't get a new one until I returned. You can not get a warranty replacement I phone from At&t, you have to go to an Apple store ( but it only took about ten minutes to get in and out of there with a new phone. The exchange mail not working on it does suck, but should be taken care of shortly from what I understand. Also, not being able to get pictures in Text messages sucks. As for service, so far AT&T blows away Sprint. My kids have Verizon and our phone service seems to be about the same.

shippingguy
11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
So far I'm pretty happy with my I phone, but I've only had it a few weeks. The first one I got did die after the first day which sucked because I was in Texas and couldn't get a new one until I returned. You can not get a warranty replacement I phone from At&t, you have to go to an Apple store ( but it only took about ten minutes to get in and out of there with a new phone. The exchange mail not working on it does suck, but should be taken care of shortly from what I understand. Also, not being able to get pictures in Text messages sucks. As for service, so far AT&T blows away Sprint. My kids have Verizon and our phone service seems to be about the same.
FYI you can now get the exchange. My buddy has done it twice now. The last one was a month or so ago. He seems to like the phone alot as well. I have messed with it and it is nice.

Boozer
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Theres an easy fix for picture messages.
EVERY cell phone has an email address associated with it. Have whoever wants to send you a picture message send the message as a message to one of the email accounts you have set up on your iPhone. When the message arrives it will give you the email address associated with that cell phone save that email under the contact info for that person and whenever you want to send a picture message send it to the email addy associated with their phone.

blown65
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Sorry, misread. didn't see the exchange part. LOL