PDA

View Full Version : Navy SEAL documentary

Froggystyle
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Just watched a phenomenal documentary called the "Complete History of the Navy SEALs" last night on History International. Unlike many pseudo-documentaries out there, this one is the real deal. I knew way more than half of the interviewees, and many of them were full blown team-guy legends. Draper Kaufmann, Barry Enoch, Bob Gormley, Patches Watson, Richard Marcincko, Rudy Boesch, Roy Boehm, ADM Worthington and CMH recipient Mike Thornton... all people I have met and have a world of respect for.
My old XO was on there along with other folks I knew well, Joe Hawes, my old Master Chief Dennis Chaulker, my old Commodore Capt McGuire and many others I was teammates with.
They did a great job showing where we came from, how we developed in the years following inception, the break away to become SEALs from UDT etc...
I was very proud last night to have been a part of such a wonderful group of warriors and humans.
If the subject of the SEAL teams is of interest to you... find a way to watch this program. It was great to see, and very much tear-jerking at times.
Good for me to watch around Veterans Day for sure.

boatseller2
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Saw the program, and you are right. Very moving. Hats off to all those guys.

boatseller2
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
What channel is that?
I caught it on Direct TV on the History channel

donzi5150
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Froggy,
A guy I used to work with here in Fresno recently had a stroke and has been in the VA care for the last six months but he was a navy diver and was part of the team and was one of the first to transitionand help set up the Seal Program many years back. He did, if I remember, two tours in Vietnam and talked to me reguarly about his experiences.....mostly cause I could relate and was also very interested. He is doing better and could use all prayers but he will never work again.....He is a great man and hero!

Infomaniac
11-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I'll have to search and see if it will be on again and set the DVR to record.

SB
11-12-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll try to watch. BTW, the UDT museum is near me, Ft. Pierce, FL,

River Lynchmob
11-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I just checked History International and there are no upcomming showings. I will keep an eye out to see if it airs again.

Lightning
11-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Just watched a phenomenal documentary called the "Complete History of the Navy SEALs" last night on History International. Unlike many pseudo-documentaries out there, this one is the real deal. I knew way more than half of the interviewees, and many of them were full blown team-guy legends. Draper Kaufmann, Barry Enoch, Bob Gormley, Patches Watson, Richard Marcincko, Rudy Boesch, Roy Boehm, ADM Worthington and CMH recipient Mike Thornton... all people I have met and have a world of respect for.
My old XO was on there along with other folks I knew well, Joe Hawes, my old Master Chief Dennis Chaulker, my old Commodore Capt McGuire and many others I was teammates with.
They did a great job showing where we came from, how we developed in the years following inception, the break away to become SEALs from UDT etc...
I was very proud last night to have been a part of such a wonderful group of warriors and humans.
If the subject of the SEAL teams is of interest to you... find a way to watch this program. It was great to see, and very much tear-jerking at times.
Good for me to watch around Veterans Day for sure.
Is that really his first name. I instantly thought of the movie Dodgeball. I think it was Dodgeball with Patches Malloy. Or is it another movie? :confused:

msc5195
11-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Froggy I may have asked you in the past but not sure. Did you or Do you know Howard Wasdin? Navy Seal injured in Somolia, Black Hawk Down incident? He hired on at the Chemical Plant where I work. A nice guy but definately a different character. Went from Utility Operator to Truck Loader to Plant Secretary. He left here to go to school to be a Chiropractor.
I will never forget he walked around here for two days complaining of chest pains. Then on a wed I was headed out to my area from the control room and Howard is laid out in the road foaming at the mouth. Being I am the Incident Commander and only one of two CPR/DEFIB trained employees here at the time I Called out over the radio for help and within a min howard had a crowed of 28 employees & management gathered around with us pumping his chest. Just before the first breath he opened his eyes and said "Its just a dril!" They then almost had to use the Defib machine on me. He had 26 of us all fooled. Only the safety man and plant manager knew in advance. Sad thing is he laid there for 12 mins before I came along to find him. Two others walked within 40yds and never looked his way. Plant manager and safety guy was up in area observing. He could have won an OSCAR for his performance that day.

BajaMike
11-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Froggy I may have asked you in the past but not sure. Did you or Do you know Howard Wasdin? Navy Seal injured in Somolia, Black Hawk Down incident? He hired on at the Chemical Plant where I work. A nice guy but definately a different character. Went from Utility Operator to Truck Loader to Plant Secretary. He left here to go to school to be a Chiropractor.
I will never forget he walked around here for two days complaining of chest pains. Then on a wed I was headed out to my area from the control room and Howard is laid out in the road foaming at the mouth. Being I am the Incident Commander and only one of two CPR/DEFIB trained employees here at the time I Called out over the radio for help and within a min howard had a crowed of 28 employees & management gathered around with us pumping his chest. Just before the first breath he opened his eyes and said "Its just a dril!" They then almost had to use the Defib machine on me. He had 26 of us all fooled. Only the safety man and plant manager knew in advance. Sad thing is he laid there for 12 mins before I came along to find him. Two others walked within 40yds and never looked his way. Plant manager and safety guy was up in area observing. He could have won an OSCAR for his performance that day.
That's a very strange story....."pumping" someones chest who is not in cardiac arrest is extremely dangerous....aside from the possibility of breaking ribs and cracking the sternum, you can put someone in a fatal v-fib.
Very dangerous.....I have never heard of a drill like this......:confused:

Rexone
11-12-2007, 11:55 PM
That's a very strange story....."pumping" someones chest who is not in cardiac arrest is extremely dangerous....aside from the possibility of breaking ribs and cracking the sternum, you can put someone in a fatal v-fib.
Very dangerous.....I have never heard of a drill like this......:confused:
I'm certainly no expert EMT or nothin but CPR trained several times and one thing drilled into us was you make damn sure you have no pulse before doing compressions. And correct compressions break ribs n shit so I find this story a little strange too. :confused:

RitcheyRch
11-13-2007, 05:39 AM
Havent seen it but will keep check for a repeat. Would be a pretty cool show to watch. But then again, almost everything on the History Channel and the Military Channel is worth watching.