PDA

View Full Version : Out of Havasu.......

XFactor
11-13-2007, 11:23 AM
........and likely out for a long while. :D I put my house on the market on 11/3 and had an offer on 11/5. Escrow closed and recorded 30 mins ago. :D I'm a very happy man. :) House was finished in July this year. Pool and furnishing were completed in August. We put it on the market to see if there would be any interest. We didn't expect any offers for a loooooong time. I thought we'd be spending vacation time there next year and possibly the following year. I was way wrong.
A family came in and loved the house the second they saw it. Paid CASH!! House was beautiful. Only the 6th house in Havasu to sell in the 7 figure range this year. We really didn't want to sell it but thought the way the market is going and what can be expected for the Havasu market in the next few years, it was time to see if we could make a buck. All said and done, we made a few dollars. If it wasn't for the huge pre-payment penalty on the loan, we would be very very happy with the way things went in todays market.
Time for a boat change now. Anybody looking for a F29. Great boat, great price. :D

new2cats
11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Congrats on house sale .....wish I did not have an F29 in the mold!!!!
PS-
We listed our house in Wood Ranch (Simi) on a Wednesday last March for $1,695,000..sold for $1,650,000 on Thursday..if the property is right, there are always buyers!!! Bet your house was killer.
Leasing now to watch the market.

XFactor
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Congrats on the sale of your house and on the new boat. The market is getting worse by the day in Havasu. I don't think you'll recognize the market as anywhere what it is today this time next year.
Bail on the one in the mold and I'll make you a GREAT deal on a boat with some awesome power. :D

new2cats
11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I have seen your ride..it is amazing...BUT...not sure it is legal, ethical or fair to bail on mine......it's all about timing, huh!
Thanks bro.

Froggystyle
11-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I'll make you a GREAT deal on a boat with some awesome power. :D
Understatement of the year... Yours is the "Seven's" boat I saw at the PB shootout, right?

XFactor
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Understatement of the year... Yours is the "Seven's" boat I saw at the PB shootout, right?
That would be correct.
When are you going to do one of yours with a 710?
Light boat + Light power = Insane product. :D Do it already. ;)

Froggystyle
11-13-2007, 12:12 PM
That would be correct.
When are you going to do one of yours with a 710?
Light boat + Light power = Insane product. :D Do it already. ;)
Currently being built. Boat is out of the mold, polished and the drive goes in this week. A "Lime Time" green 710 is inbound from Ilmor and I am pretty sure we will be taking down the worlds fastest normally aspirated deckboat speed record with it fully loaded with stereo gear! :D
The 550 did 93-94. We will have the 625 over the bill this winter and we are hoping for mid to upper 108-110 with the 710.
We infused EVERYTHING on this boat for weight savings. The helm, ramp, hatch, ski locker door, cupholders etc... shaved another 250# off of those parts.
We also lost two subs and incorporated a new infused sub enclosure in the seat base of the helm seat. All told, we may have this boat right at 3,000# fully rigged dry.
Can't wait...

Magic34
11-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Congrats on the sale of your house and on the new boat. The market is getting worse by the day in Havasu. I don't think you'll recognize the market as anywhere what it is today this time next year.
Bail on the one in the mold and I'll make you a GREAT deal on a boat with some awesome power. :D
Is it in the SPAM section? Have a link?

Magic34
11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
All told, we may have this boat right at 3,000# fully rigged dry.
Can't wait...
Sweet, then they can save money on a trailer and just get a buddy to help lift it off the back of a truck and throw it in the water. No more slow lanes in CA!!!

DeltaSigBoater
11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Sweet, then they can save money on a trailer and just get a buddy to help lift it off the back of a truck and throw it in the water. No more slow lanes in CA!!!
30' hydraulic flat bed car hauler should work :idea:

mbrown2
11-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Congrats Glenn....I think you made the right decision....obviously so with quick sale....
What kind of boat do want now?

XFactor
11-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Congrats Glenn....I think you made the right decision....obviously so with quick sale....
What kind of boat do want now?
Thanks Mike. Not sure on the boat. I just know this isn't a real good boat for a newborn. :)

XFactor
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Is it in the SPAM section? Have a link?
I haven't spammed it yet. Except here in this thread. :D

Havasu1986
11-13-2007, 02:32 PM
........and likely out for a long while. :D I put my house on the market on 11/3 and had an offer on 11/5. Escrow closed and recorded 30 mins ago. :D I'm a very happy man. :) House was finished in July this year. Pool and furnishing were completed in August. We put it on the market to see if there would be any interest. We didn't expect any offers for a loooooong time. I thought we'd be spending vacation time there next year and possibly the following year. I was way wrong.
A family came in and loved the house the second they saw it. Paid CASH!! House was beautiful. Only the 6th house in Havasu to sell in the 7 figure range this year. We really didn't want to sell it but thought the way the market is going and what can be expected for the Havasu market in the next few years, it was time to see if we could make a buck. All said and done, we made a few dollars. If it wasn't for the huge pre-payment penalty on the loan, we would be very very happy with the way things went in todays market.
Time for a boat change now. Anybody looking for a F29. Great boat, great price. :D
Shouldn't this have said 6th house in a long time. I don't see many houses in Havasu in that range. :confused:

XFactor
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
There's actually several houses listed in that market range. Between the Refuge, Island and houses on the golf course in town you would be surprised how many homes are listed over 1MM.

Havasu1986
11-13-2007, 02:59 PM
There's actually several houses listed in that market range. Between the Refuge, Island and houses on the golf course in town you would be surprised how many homes are listed over 1MM.
I thought of that after I posted. Just seems like alot because I paid $6500 for my 1st lot in 1986. :D

Cole Trickle
11-13-2007, 03:18 PM
I thought of that after I posted. Just seems like alot because I paid $6500 for my 1st lot in 1986. :D
Should have bought 100;)

DeltaSigBoater
11-13-2007, 04:07 PM
You could've bought a really nice Yugo for that :D

XTRM22
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah but none as cool as yours was. Congrats on the amazingly quick sale, I'm sorry to see you out of Havasu again. Of course I still attribute your fast sale to that bad ass island bbq, and maybe those cool garage cabinets!:D
Chuck

XFactor
11-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah but none as cool as yours was. Congrats on the amazingly quick sale, I'm sorry to see you out of Havasu again. Of course I still attribute your fast sale to that bad ass island bbq, and maybe those cool garage cabinets!:D
Chuck
Thanks Chuck for all your help. I know the BBQ and garage were the clinchers. ;)
I'd recommend Chuck to anyone that needs help with anything related to their house. He's a great and VERY trustworthy guy.