PDA

View Full Version : Orthopedic Surgeon needed

Dezertrider
11-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Dam I'm getting old. I tore my Bicep pretty good this weekend and need a Orthopedic Surgeon in south Orange County. I donÂ’t want just any one cutting into me.
Any recommendations??

atomickitn
11-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I have a really good skill saw!:D :) I hope all is well

Havasu1986
11-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I go to Dr. Mayo..but he is in Yorba Linda. He is part of the "Mayo Clinic" family. ;)

VegasCharger
11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Dr. Cailouette
Was a Great Doc. When I fractured My Femur. He is at Hoag Hospital Newport Beach.
Worked Great my Leg is Straight.

roostwear
11-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Deja vu all over again. It will all depend on where the tear is (and to what extent). As one of my ortho surgeons told me (pretty bad when you have 2), if it is just an actual tear (not a break) at the head of the shoulder, they will wait for it to break on it's own as there is another attachment that is sufficient by itself (go see Dr. Lee in Orange). If it's a break at the attachment on the inside of the elbow and the bicep has pulled up to your shoulder, it's cut time and go see Dr Lawrence Barnett. He's old school, and the scars may freak you out at first, but the repair is BETTER than 100%. If the lower attachment is torn, but not detached, you may just have to wait until the inevitable happens. THAT will freak you out!
Unfortunately, I have been through this (as well as shoulder surgery) in the last year and a half. Old age sucks.....

Dezertrider
11-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Im not sure to the extent of it. My primary doctor just agreed to what I already knew.

rodnjen
11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Deja vu all over again. It will all depend on where the tear is (and to what extent). As one of my ortho surgeons told me (pretty bad when you have 2), if it is just an actual tear (not a break) at the head of the shoulder, they will wait for it to break on it's own as there is another attachment that is sufficient by itself (go see Dr. Lee in Orange). If it's a break at the attachment on the inside of the elbow and the bicep has pulled up to your shoulder, it's cut time and go see Dr Lawrence Barnett. He's old school, and the scars may freak you out at first, but the repair is BETTER than 100%. If the lower attachment is torn, but not detached, you may just have to wait until the inevitable happens. THAT will freak you out!
Unfortunately, I have been through this (as well as shoulder surgery) in the last year and a half. Old age sucks.....
Dr. Barnett works with a group of doctors at Orthopedic Specialty Institute (OSI) on Main Street in Orange. My wife was a Physical Therapist there until we had our last child, they have some good Doctors there. The oldest always isn't the best, but it is a good place to start. His son is an excellent Doc as well. Take you time and do your homework.

roostwear
11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
The oldest always isn't the best, but it is a good place to start.
I agree. That's why Dr Barnett (senior) refers shoulder cases to Dr Lee. On the bicep, I just wanted it right, and Barnett knows elbows and biceps. The "newfangled" arthroscopic surgery he leaves to the kids. I wish my shoulder would have come out as good as the bicep did.

KLEPTOW
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Dr. Barnett works with a group of doctors at Orthopedic Specialty Institute (OSI) on Main Street in Orange. My wife was a Physical Therapist there until we had our last child, they have some good Doctors there. The oldest always isn't the best, but it is a good place to start. His son is an excellent Doc as well. Take you time and do your homework.
Brand new facility great place if you like being in a meat market, where you’re the meat.
Dr Barnett, great Dr came highly rated I think he forgot about that on his way to pay for that fancy new facility

CornWater
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Dr. Miguel Prieto. Did a scope for me and was great, also a good name for reconstructions. I wish he would have done mine.

BADBLOWN572
11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Dr. Miguel Prieto. Did a scope for me and was great, also a good name for reconstructions. I wish he would have done mine.
I completely agree with Dr. Prieto, but I think that he only does knees. I have gotten to know Dr. Prieto, Dr. Peng, & Dr. Rueben very well over the past 10 years. ANYONE of the doctors in their practice are AWESOME. Dr. Peng completely rebuilt my ankle after it was broken in about 6 pieces and tons of torn ligaments. It is as good as new and I couldn't be happier with their services!!! Just call down to their office and they will tell you which doctor in their practice specializes in shoulders/arms. :)

riverbound
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Dam I'm getting old. I tore my Bicep pretty good this weekend and need a Orthopedic Surgeon in south Orange County. I donÂ’t want just any one cutting into me.
Any recommendations??
I had a "Brian" moment last night...and am proud to say my biceps are pefectly OK. ;)

Dezertrider
11-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I had a "Brian" moment last night...and am proud to say my biceps are pefectly OK. ;)
I am an old fat guy that need to remember his age.

jackpunx
11-13-2007, 03:57 PM
I am an old fat guy that need to remember his age.
I can help you.. YOUR OLDER THEN ME.. but Bill is the OLDEST:D

DesertGirl
11-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Ahhh!!! Oh no you didn't!!!!! :eek:
Hahah.... Dezertrider needs to NOT run over his girlfriend next time he decides to be in a bar fight. :D

BADBLOWN572
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Hahah.... Dezertrider needs to NOT run over his girlfriend next time he decides to be in a bar fight. :D
That is called collateral damage!!! ;) :D

HavaSkank
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Kanye West's mom's doc is offering all kinds of discounted medical procedures. Give him a call.

Dezertrider
11-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Didnt your mom teach you when a bull see's red get the F%#**# out of the way???
I think your father was a glass maker because I saw clear through you.

Dezertrider
11-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Kanye West's mom's doc is offering all kinds of discounted medical procedures. Give him a call.
This is why I am asking the HB community

Quality Time
11-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm going in on the 26th for a 100% ACL tear. Dr. Greenbaum in Irvine. We will see how he does. I went to three docs and he was who I was most comfortable with.

OCMerrill
11-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Maybe this? Should already be in your riding box. :D
http://geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/8333/ducttape/unitedbrand.gif
All kidding aside I hope you get treatment and feel better.

Classic Daycruiser
11-14-2007, 04:13 AM
There is a Mayo Clinic in Phoenix Arizona. :idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
11-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Any recommendations??
Dr.Joseph Mayo in Placentia. Not very South but very good.

Baja Big Dog
11-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Dr Mann..breath smells a little like curry, and garlic, but he's done me a couple of favors....
He's in Anaheim.
Last time he saved my leg!!!!:D

Ultra Blaine
11-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Dr. Frank Jobe in Los Angeles if the others don't work out for you.
He has several top Physicians on his staff specializing in all areas of Ortho.
They take just about all medical plans.
http://www.kerlanjobe.com/index.php~practiceId=1052&dir=personnel&lib=Personnel&personnelId=260.html

Dezertrider
11-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Going to see Dr. Baird in Irvine tomorrow. Looks like a good size practice.
I will see if I like him