PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe some people!!!!!

MRSDRMCAT
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I know there are worse things in life but I need to vent!!! We sold our house in September! After a long drawn out escrow we found out today that the buyers of our house were lying all along about where they worked, lived, and how much they made!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: After going as far as telling us that loan doc's were drawn and we were all set to move on OCT. 31st. WE FEEL SO PLAYED!!! Guess its time to unpack! Thank God we were contingent on the house we purchased!!

RitcheyRch
11-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh man that sucks.

No Name
11-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Sorry things didn’t work out for you guys.:(

HMF'er
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
So when is the house Re-warming party?:)

Debbolas
11-13-2007, 05:36 PM
That totally sucks! We were in the same situation about 8 years ago, took us F O R E V E R to sell our house. One of the couples lied about their situation....like the bank isn't going to find out!!:jawdrop: Hello!
We finally sold our house to another couple,:rolleyes: better luck next time.

stoker
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Did you get to keep the deposit?

MRSDRMCAT
11-13-2007, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=stoker;2892923]Did you get to keep the deposit?[/QUOTE
Not yet...it was $2,000. Which won't even pay for the out of pocket expenses.....appraisels, inspections, and the cost to replace furniture we got rid of because it wasn't going to fit in the new house!!

stoker
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Same thing happened to me. I even rented with a 6 month lease. Thankfully I was able to get out of it after two months.

Phat Matt
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
That sucks!
Tell Dean I said hi. :)

Ivan Dan
11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I know there are worse things in life but I need to vent!!! We sold our house in September! After a long drawn out escrow we found out today that the buyers of our house were lying all along about where they worked, lived, and how much they made!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: After going as far as telling us that loan doc's were drawn and we were all set to move on OCT. 31st. WE FEEL SO PLAYED!!! Guess its time to unpack! Thank God we were contingent on the house we purchased!!
If I can help with anything don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.

Outnumbered
11-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Hate to say it but this is where an EXPERIENCED agent could have saved you some trouble and headache. Sorry to hear about the sour deal. Next time your agent should get a deposit increase and a back-up lender approval. That one was too easy to walk away from with only $2,000 in play:(
Chalk it up to experience--lesson learned.

DRMCAT
11-13-2007, 09:03 PM
If I can help with anything don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.
Thanks Dan.
Please see my next post!

That Guy
11-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Tell Dean I said hi. :)
Homo....:eek: :eek: :D
Hi Linette....really sorry to hear this worked out this way...but it just means better things are to come...:)
oh and hi Dean

DRMCAT
11-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Hate to say it but this is where an EXPERIENCED agent could have saved you some trouble and headache. Sorry to hear about the sour deal. Next time your agent should get a deposit increase and a back-up lender approval. That one was too easy to walk away from with only $2,000 in play:(
Boy you are not just whistling Dixie!
Unfortunately, My brothers wife recently acquired her real estate license.
Do you see the train wreck coming yet?
We felt pressured into using family to represent us. Obviously our fault!
I am sure a wise man once said "Never deal with family on business matters!"
Not that we do not love her to death, but her lack of understanding and business savy were obvious from the start.
Then when the issues with the buyer started to creep up, she did not want to face them head on. This is where an experienced agent could have stopped the "insanity!"
We had the intuition that something was wrong, but when ever we questioned our "Agent", she asssured us that things were going along swimmingly.
Well today, we got the whole truth.
No deal.
The buyer was full of S*#T. Lied on the application and cannot meet the simplist conditions. Bottom line, no deal. 45 days of waiting on pins and needles for nothing.
I have no doubt an experienced agent could have made the difference!
Lesson learned!

Devil's Advocate
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh crap that sucks! I hope everything gets worked out for you guys.

Sleeper CP
11-13-2007, 09:22 PM
That "F" ing suck's, let them keep the $ 2,000 and WaterBoard the bastards:mad:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Havasu1986
11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I know how your feeling dealing with family. Awhile back me and my brother agreed to sell my fathers house to my wifes cousin who was renting it. We agreed on a low price because we weren't going to use a agent and even told them we would carry 60K for 3 years. So they dicked around for 3-4 months and somehow the appraisal came in lower then we figured.(His guy) :mad: So today I get a e-mail today and there trying to really low ball us, because they know we have to sell it this year for tax reasons for my dad. We are counter offering now. :mad: Ivan Dan has already gave me "this is why you need a realtor speech".:D

Phat Matt
11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Homo....:eek: :eek: :D
Hi Linette....really sorry to hear this worked out this way...but it just means better things are to come...:)
oh and hi Dean
Pole smoker. :D

Outnumbered
11-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Truly sorry to hear this happened to you guys. That had to have been a major let-down and a strain on the family.

BOBALOO
11-14-2007, 05:23 AM
Pole smoker. :D
HEY Take this down to the RiverRoyal thread....
Homos! :D
To keep on topic, Hope you find a buyer and a better house to move into soon.

Troubles No More
11-14-2007, 06:04 AM
I have the same opinion.
I had the same problem, long ago I listed my home with a friend who was a Part Time real estate agent. He did not have the necessary knowledge or experience to handle the problems like you are having. I had to fire my friend and then went and found a agent with 20 years of experience as a Full Time Realtor who had the knowledge and understanding to handle this kind of situation. Best of luck.

Big Warlock
11-14-2007, 09:21 AM
I am sorry. Sounds like the "Family" thing was the real lesson. Unfortunately I seem to learn that lesson over and over!! :D
Everything happens for a reason. Hang in there!

That Guy
11-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out.
I think we should have a re-warming party combined with a ass kicking party:idea:
:idea: :idea: Now that's a good idea....

MRSDRMCAT
11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone who posted for feeling our pain!!! We should have a "ass kicking" party!!! Cause "I like to party"!! :)

Ivan Dan
11-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone who posted for feeling our pain!!! We should have a "ass kicking" party!!! Cause "I like to party"!! :)
Hopefully it will work out for you guys. Nothing wrong with throwing a party anyways though! :idea: :D

bunny 166
11-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out.
I think we should have a re-warming party combined with a ass kicking party:idea:
What he said! Sorry guys.....some things are meant to be, though--you never know what is around the corner.....;) Hang in there....

INSman
11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Big believer in the "most things happen for a reason" as transparent as that may be at present. Just confirms that Knowledge is Power and experience is invaluable .....
Hopefully this leads to you finding an even better house to suit your needs in the future. :)

blackcloud75
11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Does this mean you don't need my garage??????????

blackcloud75
11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
that sucks L-dawg........happens for a reason

MRSDRMCAT
11-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Does this mean you don't need my garage??????????
VERY FUNNY C-DOG!!! But do you know anyone who is interested in a smoking deal on our house???? I still can't give up!!! Dean says HEY!!!

Ivan Dan
11-14-2007, 10:24 PM
VERY FUNNY C-DOG!!! But do you know anyone who is interested in a smoking deal on our house???? I still can't give up!!! Dean says HEY!!!
Time to hire me! :D :) :D