PDA

View Full Version : Nedd help witn an American Flaf quiestion...

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I am team mom for my little guys baseball..........I picked up the uniforms 2 days ago......on the back of the neck area they put our flag......on one of the childrens jersys the flag is upside down!!!!!
When I showed this to the head guy...I asked ....don't you think people may think this is a disgrace to our flag???? He laughed and said well I hope not ....just tell him it's a lucky jersy!!!!!! WTF???????? Like he is not going to replace it!!!!
What do I do to get through to him I want a new one??????

fourspeednup
03-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Flying an upside down flag is a sign of distress....just give the jersey to the worst player ;) :D :D

BajaMike
03-03-2006, 12:45 PM
I think flying the flag upside down is a sign of distress....sometimes used by POWs.
:confused:

LAFD
03-03-2006, 12:48 PM
can the kid run on his hands???

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 12:48 PM
So is it wrong for me to want a new one????
This kid is a pretty good player considering he's only 7 or 8 yrs old.......
I just thought it was kinda wrong the way he anwsered....allllll a$$ like!!!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
can the kid run on his hands???
LMAO............that was funny.
So, I guess I'm being to much of a mom ????

Boatcop
03-03-2006, 12:50 PM
This is from Federal Law. The US Flag Code:
ยง 8. Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

pixilatedpussy
03-03-2006, 12:50 PM
That is F'd up Michelle! tell him you want it redone immediately..........END OF DISCUSSION! What an ass! :mad: :mad:
(Can you tell its been one of them days for me?)
Maybe I should go there for you & have a word with that dip shit! :yuk:

LAFD
03-03-2006, 12:51 PM
LMAO............that was funny.
So, I guess I'm being to much of a mom ????
no i was just jokin you should get it fixed and the guy should do it without any hassle.

uvindex
03-03-2006, 12:55 PM
tell him you want it redone immediately..........END OF DISCUSSION! What an ass! :mad: :mad: The correct answer. :)

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Thank you ........this is what I was looking for...........Right click save!!!!!!!!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 01:07 PM
That is F'd up Michelle! tell him you want it redone immediately..........END OF DISCUSSION! What an ass! :mad: :mad:
I know, and the guy was a total a$$ about it too!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 01:08 PM
no i was just jokin you should get it fixed and the guy should do it without any hassle.
I have a feeling it will be a BIG hassle !!!!!! I will do everything to get it done!!! But, you can tell he's the type who will ignore the whole thing!!!!

Mr. Pixilated
Well said!!!!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
It wn't let me right click save????? Can you e-mail that to me????

pixilatedpussy
03-03-2006, 01:09 PM
I know, and the guy was a total a$$ about it too!!!!!!!!!!!
Was he from the A crew??????? :rolleyes: LOL!

Mr. Pixilated
03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
If he doesn't give in, then tell him that you'll tell all the families in baseball that he is anti-american and disraces our flag on childrens uniforms....
Or you can let the "B" kick his grille in...

Her454
03-03-2006, 01:19 PM
I agree, it should be redone no questions asked. I cant believe anyone with any sense would even let it go out like that much less make a stupid comment about it.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 01:25 PM
I agree, it should be redone no questions asked. I cant believe anyone with any sense would even let it go out like that much less make a stupid comment about it.
That's what I'm saying!!!!! Regardless if their just kids or not!!!!! :mad: :mad:

uvindex
03-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I have a feeling it will be a BIG hassle !!!!!! I will do everything to get it done!!! But, you can tell he's the type who will ignore the whole thing!!!!If he even hints at ignoring, tell him that the local TV news "trouble shooter" reporters would LOVE to get their hands on this story. It wouldn't be an idle threat either, as the local TV news stations would LOVE to sink their teeth into a story about some unpatriotic idiot who had no respect for the American flag on BASEBALL UNIFORMS for KIDS for Pete's sake! Sheesh.

Her454
03-03-2006, 01:48 PM
I have a feeling it will be a BIG hassle !!!!!! I will do everything to get it done!!! But, you can tell he's the type who will ignore the whole thing!!!!
Tell him if he does not do it you anticipate and can almost guarantee total outrage from the Little League Association, the parents of the players etc...and then make sure he knows that you will let everyone know who did the shirts and that he WAS NOT WILLING TO CORRECT THE ISSUE.

pixilatedpussy
03-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Great ideas all!!

spectratoad
03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
And if none of that works.......post his phone number!! :cool:

SummitKarl
03-03-2006, 02:10 PM
KICK HIS A$$
Then call Home Land Security and report Terrorist activity at his shop :mad: :220v:

Mr. Pixilated
03-03-2006, 02:12 PM
How bout Mrs. Hoots shows me her tets...That's what will make me happy...
Am I in the right Thread.....Is this ISL..... :cry:

Captain Dan
03-03-2006, 02:17 PM
We are talking about a patch, right?
Save the hassle - pull it off and sew it back to the uniform correctly.

RiverDave
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm a little curious as to why everybody seems to be ignoring boat cops post..
Aparently there's not suppose to be flags on these uniforms to begin with.. Whether it be some small act of patriotism in our eyes or not.
You wouldn't want some kid breaking federal.. whatevers. (are those laws?)
RD

Silver
03-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Noway! If he wants he business to thrive....do good work!
Make a customer happy! If he wants to fail.....keep ****ing up, and offending MOMS/customs!
NORDSTORM WOULDN'T **** UP LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
How bout Mrs. Hoots shows me her tets...That's what will make me happy...
Am I in the right Thread.....Is this ISL..... :cry:
You are soooo retarded!!!!! :p

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
No, It is heat applied and is thin like the sayings on girlie tee's.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Noway! If he wants he business to thrive....do good work!
Make a customer happy! If he wants to fail.....keep ****ing up, and offending MOMS/customs!
NORDSTORM WOULDN'T **** UP LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EXACTALLY (sp) :yuk: :p

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 03:13 PM
If he even hints at ignoring, tell him that the local TV news "trouble shooter" reporters would LOVE to get their hands on this story. It wouldn't be an idle threat either, as the local TV news stations would LOVE to sink their teeth into a story about some unpatriotic idiot who had no respect for the American flag on BASEBALL UNIFORMS for KIDS for Pete's sake! Sheesh.
This is great and I think I will do!!!!
HER454...
Tell him if he does not do it you anticipate and can almost guarantee total outrage from the Little League Association, the parents of the players etc...and then make sure he knows that you will let everyone know who did the shirts and that he WAS NOT WILLING TO CORRECT THE ISSUE.
This i salso good...........and will be using also !!!!!
Thanx guys!!! :p

Throttle
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
get er dun! :rollside:

upsman105
03-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Aren't you being a little hypocritical???? Flag is spelled f-l-a-g not f-l-a-f... :rollside: :D :D :D

Mr. Pixilated
03-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Aren't you being a little hypocritical???? Flag is spelled f-l-a-g not f-l-a-f... :rollside: :D :D :D
Close enough....On the key board F&G are right next to each other as well in the alphabet.....Give the girl a break, maybe one of her Tets got in the way while she was typing... :p I crack myself up...

pixilatedpussy
03-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Close enough....On the key board F&G are right next to each other as well in the alphabet.....Give the girl a break, maybe one of her Tets got in the way while she was typing... :p I crack myself up...
You are a dork!

upsman105
03-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Well maybe his pee pee got in the way when he was doing the flag..did you ever think of that?? :p
I won't get kicked off the boards for saying pee pee will I.. :redface:

UncleLarry
03-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I have an idea fine a tailor and have then do it.. you can send me the bill..
No need to start a war. .let fix it and let the kids play balll

Boatcop
03-03-2006, 04:55 PM
It wn't let me right click save????? Can you e-mail that to me????
Here's the full version:
American Legion- Flag Etiquette (http://www.legion.org/word/flagcode.doc)
And yes, Dave. The Federal "whatever" is Law. Title 4 of the United States Code.

Silver
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey, leave "us" girls alone! Ya know, we can't be everything!
:rolleyes:

lawbreaker2
03-03-2006, 05:17 PM
You think this is bad, I bought a small flag sticker the other day and in the right corner at the bottom in very small print it said, get this, MADI IN CHINA I thought to my self what the hell is wrong here, And I don't know what to do with it, I don't want that in my house, so right now it is outside in on the self in the barn. :lightsabe

Ultrafied
03-03-2006, 06:14 PM
You may not be able to quote the flag etiquette to him, since it probably isn't a American Flag, i.e. does it have 50 stars and 13 stripes. Probably not since it is only a representation of the flag. May not be right, but he probably doesn't have to do anything if he doesnt want to.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 06:29 PM
You be quiet Mr. UPSMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yuk: :yuk: :rolleyes: :crossx: :p :rollside:

Mohave Vice
03-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey Mrs. Hoots,
Please post the name and phone number of this individual. I think he needs a few calls.

Wet Dream
03-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Does this league actually keep score, or is it a play for fun type thing? Can you post a pic of the flag in question?

bigq
03-04-2006, 08:32 AM
KICK HIS A$$
Then call Home Land Security and report Terrorist activity at his shop :mad: :220v:
That would be a hoot!
I agree with all he should fix it.