PDA

View Full Version : Need Baja 1k info now

whiteworks
11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
we are in San felipe. Chase for 115 and 7. Chopper took out power line at mikes lights areout here. On I phone you guys need to do some leg work for me. Drinks are flowing at baka mar. Will CHeck back on the hour. Get to work fockers:D

Moneypitt
11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
we are in San felipe. Chase for 115 and 7. Chopper took out power line at mikes lights areout here. On I phone you guys need to do some leg work for me. Drinks are flowing at baka mar. Will CHeck back on the hour. Get to work fockers:D
Mike's lights are out?......Leg work, is this a Mexican Marathon? Slow down, type slow, and speak english.............MP

adjones419
11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Mike's lights are out?......Leg work, is this a Mexican Marathon? Slow down, type slow, and speak english.............MP
Sounds like he's out of breath.

Mrs.Racer277
11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Helo crashed causing the power lines to go down...2 dead, 2 wounded.
There is so much static right now I can not understand weatherman.

Mrs.Racer277
11-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Your best bet is to log on to race dezert...There a few people on there doing updates. Post a thread there
Good Luck

Ivan Dan
11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Looks like Scott is down right about RM 245 or so. He hasn't moved in a long while. Not sure about 115 he's not showing on Off-Road.com's Baja 1000 tracker.

Mrs.Racer277
11-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Looks like Scott is down right about RM 245 or so. He hasn't moved in a long while. Not sure about 115 he's not showing on Off-Road.com's Baja 1000 tracker.
I was just going to suggest IRC Tracking.
My tummy hurts from listening

Ivan Dan
11-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I was just going to suggest IRC Tracking.
My tummy hurts from listening
I turned Weatherman off....it was making me SUPER jealous. I told my wife, I don't wanna listen anymore but at the same time I don't wanna miss anything.
<----- So wishes I woulda gone down. Could have been co-driving a class 7 truck too.

whiteworks
11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
keep it coming. Lights just came back on. Whoever made the lights work, thank you. The lady next to us at the bar looked better in the dark.

Mrs.Racer277
11-13-2007, 08:28 PM
I turned Weatherman off....it was making me SUPER jealous. I told my wife, I don't wanna listen anymore but at the same time I don't wanna miss anything.
<----- So wishes I woulda gone down. Could have been co-driving a class 7 truck too.
Hubby does too :(

Mrs.Racer277
11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
keep it coming. Lights just came back on. Whoever made the lights work, thank you. The lady next to us at the bar looked better in the dark.
Be nice. :D

INI
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
chase truck accident...doesn't look good

Ivan Dan
11-13-2007, 09:09 PM
chase truck accident...doesn't look good
Where did you hear that? WM? Any idea who was involved?

Riverkid
11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
one was the 106 Lucky Sperm chase truck - they are walking around. They got together with a red dodge and that guy is stuck in the truck...

whiteworks
11-13-2007, 09:40 PM
sanfelipe is muay tranquilo right about now. Some chasers are starting to pull in, gonna go fishing tommorow. We are out of commUnication with our guys. I do have weatherman on radio, he is not doing stat at all nor would iask they are way busy. This is slow motion on the iphone. I appreciate any info you guys give. Be back later

Sportin' Wood
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
one was the 106 Lucky Sperm chase truck - they are walking around. They got together with a red dodge and that guy is stuck in the truck...
Sounded like the other truck might have been SMD members. transported two via ambulance.I can not confirm this.
106 Lucky Sperm guys are ok truck is a wreck. sadley looks like the 106 race car went down at 232 0r 282 with a front end terminal breakage.
Dan, I'm just sick for not being there this year, but my wife is thankful after the race traffic we have heard today. I'm turning it off. Been sitting here since 6:00 am. I don't know how the weatherman and his group do it.

WILDERTHANU
11-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Does anyone have info on the riders that went down around the 470mm's?? Compounds?? Both broken legs?? Who was it?? I listened to it, but cant get #'s or names...

Baja Big Dog
11-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Im doubtin the lights went out at Mikes, since they have only a generator for power...
Most women in San Felipe do look better in the dark, its easier to sneak up on them!!

whiteworks
11-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I just got home a little while ago. The alternator took a shit at RM 345 11:30 pm last night, down for 8 hours. car is currently up and running, if all goes well it should finish around 11:00 pm tonight. I was on an Iphone at the bar last night and may have been slightly hammered:D only lights were candles. so were all sitting there listening to weatherman, drinking, and trying to find out info while Im fockin around with the Iphone on ***boat "priceless". Our chase crew had no issues. got in, took care of business and got out.

blackcloud75
11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Helo crashed causing the power lines to go down...2 dead, 2 wounded.
There is so much static right now I can not understand weatherman.
No ****ing way.......what chopper private or medical or team????

whiteworks
11-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Private chopper, very sad it was very somber out there I felt very helpless at that point. There were competent people on scene but it was a real bad situation. thoughts and prayers to all.
On a positive note I put some photos over on RD's site. the photos of the chopper are NOT, REPEAT NOTthe one involved in the crash. Our car should be coming in around 11:00PM in a perfect world, just hoping for a finish got my fingers crossed.

RVRKID
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
No ****ing way.......what chopper private or medical or team????
#133 Warrior Racing... This was on BFG site as the entry..133 GYD IBARRA JUAN

whiteworks
11-15-2007, 06:26 AM
UNOFFICIAL/UNCONFIRMED/UNRELIABLE, but I'm gonna run with it our car crossed the finish line at 4:33am this morning roughly 41 1/2 hours I'll take it:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_0028.JPG

bonesfab
11-15-2007, 07:37 AM
I'll have a couple of Cokes and smile for a while.:D :D

whiteworks
11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
the accident was part of our team (the desert assassins & jsmda), it just wasn't anyone from the smd crew (scaronis) .. we would rather not say who it was just right now, outta respect for his family, as this person did not make it :confused: god speed - keyes
damn that sucks, sorry to hear this. our driver/owner was run off the road on the way to Loreto on sunday night wadded the truck up a bit, but escaped unharmed. the same truck was almost stolen out of Ensanada an Sataurday night. he had a lot of BS to deal with glad he got to drive across the finish line in Cabo. we still have quite a few people down there hopefully everyone just chills and takes there sweet ass time coming back.

RiverDave
11-15-2007, 10:38 AM
This has been a bad race for the 1000.. Atleast 3 Dead, and how many others seriously injured?
Very sad.
Keyes my condolensces to you and yours. :(
RD

PunkAssBitch
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
the accident was part of our team (the desert assassins & jsmda), it just wasn't anyone from the smd crew (scaronis) .. we would rather not say who it was just right now, outta respect for his family, as this person did not make it :confused: god speed - keyes
so sorry to hear this :-(
does anyone know how car 551 is/did? Anyone heard from JP at all?

blackcloud75
11-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Private chopper, very sad it was very somber out there I felt very helpless at that point. There were competent people on scene but it was a real bad situation. thoughts and prayers to all.
On a positive note I put some photos over on RD's site. the photos of the chopper are NOT, REPEAT NOTthe one involved in the crash. Our car should be coming in around 11:00PM in a perfect world, just hoping for a finish got my fingers crossed.
Sad news.....I was a little scared for the fact that I was asked if I wanted to work the 1000 as flight medic(thank god I couldn't get my shifts covered here)....was hoping it wasn't some friends.....my thoughts to everybody involved

RVRKID
11-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey BC75 check the helo crash thread....Crazy.

Crossbow_CA
11-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm glad I came home early. If any of you are still in Mexico please be careful.

djunkie
11-16-2007, 12:54 AM
so sorry to hear this :-(
does anyone know how car 551 is/did? Anyone heard from JP at all?
Did he actually make it down there? I know he has been talking about running a car but wasn't sure if they were gonna have it ready in time.