PDA

View Full Version : Chile quake.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-14-2007, 12:45 PM
To: U.S. West Coast, Alaska, and British Columbia coastal regions
From: NOAA/NWS/West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center (Experimental Web Product)
Subject: Final Tsunami Advisory #2 issued 11/14/2007 at 8:58AM PST
The Tsunami Advisory for residents along the California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska coast is ended. NO tsunami watch or warning is in effect for these areas.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Ewa Beach, Hawaii has concluded its investigation of this event and is issuing a final message for areas outside California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska. Refer to the PTWC message for further information about the effects of this event.
A tsunami has been observed at the following sites:
Location Lat. Lon. Time Amplitude
------------------------ ----- ------ ------- -----------
Antofagasta Chile 23.3S 70.4W 1614UTC 0.07M/0.2ft
Reports from Chile indicate no significant waves have been
observed.
Time - Time of measurement.
Amp. - Tsunami amplitudes are measured relative to normal sea level. These are not crest-to-trough heights.
Based on the earthquake location, magnitude, historic tsunami records, and observed tsunami effects, a damaging tsunami IS NOT expected along the California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska coasts. Some of these areas may experience non-damaging sea level changes.
At 7:41 AM Pacific Standard Time on November 14, an earthquake with preliminary magnitude 7.7 occurred in northern Chile. (Refer to the United States Geological Survey for official earthquake parameters.)
This will be the final message issued on this event by the West Coast/Alaska Tsunami Warning Center. See the WCATWC web site for basic tsunami information, safety rules, and a tsunami travel time map and table. (NOTE: Travel time maps and tables indicate forecasted times only, not that a wave dangerous to the U.S. west coast, British Columbia, or Alaska was generated.)
Link to Standard Advisory Message
Link to Public Advisory Message
Link to XML/CAP Message
Link to Printable Message

OnlyMoney
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
I think I was born around that time 30 years ago. It's like a sonic birthday boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D
Glad Cali's not in harms way anymore.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-14-2007, 12:50 PM
I think I was born around that time 30 years ago. It's like a sonic birthday boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D
Glad Cali's not in harms way anymore.
LOL!! :D

OnlyMoney
11-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I think my 1/2 glass of wine is mixing with my DayQuil just fine. :)