PDA

View Full Version : Ranger vs Rhino?

rsr
11-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Question for all in the know - looking in to getting a Ranger/Rhino type rig for use at the river pad. Wanted to get opinions on both - I know each one has their loyal followers. Just looking for a wide smattering of opinions on these two - pros/cons/etc -. FWIW - planning on keeping it bone stock - use for simple cruising around the neighborhood and some offroad trail riding down to the beach and along the river - nothing crazy - no dune riding or anything crazy. Thanks in advance for any and all help. RSR :D

OutCole'd
11-15-2007, 07:36 AM
I really don't see many objective opinions coming from this board on many subjects, this one included. I'd do a search here and see. All your going to get is biased opinion from each cheerleader camp, then DJunkie & Cole trickle are going to get into a lovers spat, happens all the time.
I'd drive them both, one looks better & one is bigger and can hold more. I think you would not go wrong either way, good luck.

pvhca
11-15-2007, 08:03 AM
I've owned both and IMO the Rhino performs much better, is more comfortable and Yamaha's customer service and dependability is better. The Ranger is too boxey and the seats are too upright IMO, don't want to offend any Ranger owners. Depending on your use is another thing, I just trail ride by our river home in Needles. I know this isn't much help but just my .02$!! Good luck. If your looking for a used 2006 SE Rhino low hours I've got one for sale with many upgrades.

sigepmock
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
I like them both, but they are definitely different. I own a Rhino and my Brother in law has the 700 EFI Ranger. The Ranger is wide and comfortable and plenty fast....although there have been a few issues with the belt and motor mounts and few other little things. Our Rhino is heavily modified and even so we've had zero issues. It's smaller and more manuverable. For just cruising with the family I like the Ranger as long as you live close enough to the dealer to have them take care of some small issues that seem to come up. It doesn't seem to be as user friendly in the maintenance area either.
Drive them both and see which one fits you better. There are a bunch of deals on used Rhino's out there. Also the new Rhino is Fuel Injected with better brakes. I also think there is a good deal on a Rnager in the SPAM section below.
Good luck,
Chris

Cole Trickle
11-15-2007, 08:59 AM
I really don't see many objective opinions coming from this board on many subjects, this one included. I'd do a search here and see. All your going to get is biased opinion from each cheerleader camp, then DJunkie & Cole trickle are going to get into a lovers spat, happens all the time.
I'd drive them both, one looks better & one is bigger and can hold more. I think you would not go wrong either way, good luck.
Dick!:mad: :D
You start the day angry because you couldn't see out the peek hole when someone knocked at the door? Get a stoll and try the mail slot next time;):eek:
Rhino is sporty and holds 2 people.Hige aftermarket support, I suggest that you buy new wheels with a wider offset.
Ranger kinda feels like your driving a school bus with alot of cup holders. The 3 seats are a plus and it has a higher top speed stock/stock. Also it is much wider and stable.
They are both good off road.
I like my rhino and it is faster than most rangers with my mods but if I was looking for a work horse to leave stock I would probably lean towards the Ranger.

Wmc
11-15-2007, 09:22 AM
opinion from each cheerleader camp, then DJunkie & Cole trickle are going to get into a lovers spat, happens all the time.
:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :D

OGShocker
11-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I own two Rangers and one Rhino. I like them both. Ranger as a more stable ride at speed. Rhino looks better.
I am in the market for the new "CrewCab" Ranger.

Wmc
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
:D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/side_cage.jpg

djunkie
11-15-2007, 12:00 PM
:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43154&stc=1&d=1195156771

rsr
11-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all the info so far - sounds like I need to go for a test drive. Have been in plenty of rhinos - like them - never been in a ranger yet - one of my buddies just picked one up - so I'll have to bumb a ride from him to compare. Glad to hear some of the good news about the ranger - so far my buddy likes his and had some of the same comments about stock stability and top end. Will be interesting to compare. Thanks again so far for the info. RSR

blown65
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
We have the Ranger, but we needed the extra size to haul horse shit outta the stalls. LOL
Works great.

ratso
11-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Gawd! Don't start this shit again!:D
Better idea... use the "search" function...;)

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 02:18 PM
I have had them both, and they both do well, I liked the fuel injection of the
ranger, the 50+ mph,the stock 14 mags,and the three seat bench.
personally I liked the joyner better with the isuszu motor and 4speed.
if you are going to the sand , get a sand rail
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43158&stc=1&d=1195165046