PDA

View Full Version : Parasail electric winch 1200'

inwo
03-03-2006, 03:06 PM
This project took longer than it took my kids to grow up. I don't dare run the grandkids up 1200'. Collecting dust for the last ten years.
It is pretty much complete, but I will have to sell as parts kit for liability reasons.
24" diameter reel. Level wind. all aluminum except mech parts. Based on 12 hp dc military davit winch with double planitary gear set. Rated at 24 vdc. I ran it at 12 volts during testing. Runs about one rps @ 12 volts. ie. 6'/ second rewind. Motor not shown has motorcycle disc brake. One line (rope) control. Pull rope feeds out line. Continue pull to engage motor solenoid.
Free spin release pin (shown) feeds out a few hundred feet of line for beach launch.
We tested it parasailing round canapy. High line and release. Idea was to use it with something with a better glide ratio. Glider or sport shute. I got too old and brittle. :)
It quick connects to the back of my 21" jet daycruiser at just above water level making it super stable.
If any interest, I will mount it and take pictures.
This is a one-of-a-kind. Professionaly engineered and build toy. Tons of time and money invested. My hobby for a few years.
Asking $1000
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11670&stc=1

jetguy
07-29-2010, 04:38 AM
i am interested in your toy please up load pictures if you still have it

DonC
11-01-2010, 10:11 AM
interested, Is it sold? Could you send more details

This project took longer than it took my kids to grow up. I don't dare run the grandkids up 1200'. Collecting dust for the last ten years.
It is pretty much complete, but I will have to sell as parts kit for liability reasons.
24" diameter reel. Level wind. all aluminum except mech parts. Based on 12 hp dc military davit winch with double planitary gear set. Rated at 24 vdc. I ran it at 12 volts during testing. Runs about one rps @ 12 volts. ie. 6'/ second rewind. Motor not shown has motorcycle disc brake. One line (rope) control. Pull rope feeds out line. Continue pull to engage motor solenoid.
Free spin release pin (shown) feeds out a few hundred feet of line for beach launch.
We tested it parasailing round canapy. High line and release. Idea was to use it with something with a better glide ratio. Glider or sport shute. I got too old and brittle. :)
It quick connects to the back of my 21" jet daycruiser at just above water level making it super stable.
If any interest, I will mount it and take pictures.
This is a one-of-a-kind. Professionaly engineered and build toy. Tons of time and money invested. My hobby for a few years.
Asking $1000
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11670&stc=1