PDA

View Full Version : Cool video of the new Elite Trophy Kart

ULTRA28
11-15-2007, 11:26 AM
This thing has a KX250F engine in it, four linked rear suspension, sequential shifter, new style body and all chrome moly frame. It does 90mph. I think it's time to get a couple for my kids.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_xFmJeq8LJE

Cole Trickle
11-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Cool video and nice save by the driver:D
Looks like they now have enough power to have fun and hurt yourself;):devil: :D

ULTRA28
11-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Cool video and nice save by the driver:D
Looks like they now have enough power to have fun and hurt yourself;):devil: :D
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll let the boys race the Elite next season or just have them to play with in the desert. I want to see how they hold up after a few hard crashes before letting the boys race them. The current Trophy Karts they have only go about 50 mph and so far they haven't got hurt in any of their crashes.

djunkie
11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Hmmmm. Now how much is this one? :idea:

Cole Trickle
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll let the boys race the Elite next season or just have them to play with in the desert. I want to see how they hold up after a few hard crashes before letting the boys race them. The current Trophy Karts they have only go about 50 mph and so far they haven't got hurt in any of their crashes.
I watched a couple more of the videos on youtube. The class there in looks like a blast. Those things already spend half there time on 2 wheels with the power they have:D . I think the fun factor would decline and the risk factor would increase adding that much power for young talent. I think in the dunes the big HP version would be a blast. Seems like the motor is overpowering the suspension a tad in the first video.
Do they all land nose heavy or have they been dialed in since then? Seems they fly better with the spare tire in the bed.
How are your boys doing for the season?

ULTRA28
11-15-2007, 12:05 PM
I watched a couple more of the videos on youtube. The class there in looks like a blast. Those things already spend half there time on 2 wheels with the power they have:D . I think the fun factor would decline and the risk factor would increase adding that much power for young talent. I think in the dunes the big HP version would be a blast. Seems like the motor is overpowering the suspension a tad in the first video.
Do they all land nose heavy or have they been dialed in since then? Seems they fly better with the spare tire in the bed.
How are your boys doing for the season?
I was thinking for the desert for at least the first year. The regular TKs won't go in the dunes, these new ones will fly throught the dunes.
The stock TKs do land nose heavy when you get them. We have dialed ours in to land much smoother by changing shocks, springs and adding limiting straps to the rear. My boys did really well for the first year racing. They finished 6th and 8th in points out of something like 80 racers.

Chipster27
11-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey John,
Congrats on the season. I was in Dallas with a couple friends that have kids racing in the series. Live in So Cal, but have not been to any of the local races.
Good luck next year!
Chip

GUGS102
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Can you get these without a motor?
A snowmobile or good sized four stroke would be a blast.
Are they completely set up for kids or can you get an adult version?
How much fun would it be for your buddies to run around on these.
Been thinking of a cycle powered small rail, I may have to rethink that idea