PDA

View Full Version : Dine and Dash... F-n little scumbags!!!

beaverretriever
11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Today my wife came by my shop and took me lunch. We ate at one of our favorite little places in town. It is a small, hole in the wall, Thai restaurant. We know everyone there and eat there at least 3 times a month.
Well, when we walked in there was a group of three kids, probably in their late teens/ early 20s. Scummy looking kids (one of the girls was sitting on her feet with her shoes on the floor) I hate when people do that in a restaurant.
Well anyways, after about 5 mins into our lunch, I see the waitress run out the door. She comes back in to grab another employee to chase after the kids as they did a burn out of the parking lot. Half of the restaurant got up and ran out to the lot to see if they could catch the car or plate #. Nobody got either. The plate on the car was so dirty and too far away by the time anyone could make it outside or close enough to the vehicle.
I felt horrible and it ruined my whole lunch. I hate to see stuff like that happen to people just trying to make a living. Honestly, it wouldn't have been any better if they did it to Cheesecake Factory or some major chain. It is the whole point of steeling from people that work hard to just survive. This little restaurant probably doesn't net 300.00 a day:( . I can't believe people do that kind of crap. :mad: :mad: :mad:

topless
11-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Today my wife came by my shop and took me lunch. We ate at one of our favorite little places in town. It is a small, hole in the wall, Thai restaurant. We know everyone there and eat there at least 3 times a month.
Well, when we walked in there was a group of three kids, probably in their late teens/ early 20s. Scummy looking kids (one of the girls was sitting on her feet with her shoes on the floor) I hate when people do that in a restaurant.
Well anyways, after about 5 mins into our lunch, I see the waitress run out the door. She comes back in to grab another employee to chase after the kids as they did a burn out of the parking lot. Half of the restaurant got up and ran out to the lot to see if they could catch the car or plate #. Nobody got either. The plate on the car was so dirty and too far away by the time anyone could make it outside or close enough to the vehicle.
I felt horrible and it ruined my whole lunch. I hate to see stuff like that happen to people just trying to make a living. Honestly, it wouldn't have been any better if they did it to Cheesecake Factory or some major chain. It is the whole point of steeling from people that work hard to just survive. This little restaurant probably doesn't net 300.00 a day:( . I can't believe people do that kind of crap. :mad: :mad: :mad:You should have shot the bastards. :D

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I felt horrible and it ruined my whole lunch. I hate to see stuff like that happen to people just trying to make a living. Honestly, it wouldn't have been any better if they did it to Cheesecake Factory or some major chain. It is the whole point of steeling from people that work hard to just survive. This little restaurant probably doesn't net 300.00 a day:( . I can't believe people do that kind of crap. :mad: :mad: :mad:
they were probley just hungry, other wise they would of pulled 9s out and
made all of you empty your pockets and took your jewery!!!
you would have felt alot better if you would have pick up their tab,
that's what I would have done

beaverretriever
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
You should have shot the bastards. :D
They were too far and my carry gun is only good to about 15-20 yrds. Plus there were quite a few civilians around. ;) :D :D

beaverretriever
11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
you would have felt alot better if you would have pick up there tab,
that's what I would have done
Actually, my wife and I offered to pick up their check (the people sitting at the table across from us offered as well) and they nicely refused twice. We left a heafty tip instead; I really couldn't think of anything else to do. :)
You should have gone all BeaverRetriever on them :idea:
:D :D :D
:D :D

thumbs
11-15-2007, 02:41 PM
You should have shot the bastards. :D
:D

No Name
11-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Tried to talk my wife into that the last time we ran up 200.00 tab at Ruth’s Chris.
Bitch wouldn’t go for it……:confused: :D :D

azgfboatgirl
11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Do they have a security camera? Maybe they could post their pics in the window. I've seen them post pics of shoplifters in AZ.

ratso
11-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I hope they didn't make the waitress cry...
J/K:D

Havasu Hangin'
11-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Tried to talk my wife into that the last time we ran up 200.00 tab at Ruth’s Chris.

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 02:55 PM
A friend and myself were coming thru utah on the way back from Iowa.
we were hungry as foc, broke, just barely enough for gas.
my buddy tells me this plan, he say for me to go to the counter
and sit buy the cash register, and he would go to a booth.
when he got done, he would go up to pay, and as he pulled his wallet
out I was to grab it and run back to the car. we had parked down the street
and around the corner. well we did it and it worked, he chased me down the street, we got in the car and hit the freeway.
well as years went past, I found my self sitting in that same resturant
feel'n guilty and want'n to make things right, the waitress was the same only about 10 yrs older. when I got done eating, I left a hundered dollar bill
for a tip.
I went to my car and as I was pulling out on to the street, here she came
running and hollaring for me to stop.
she came up to the window and said there's been a mistake you left a
hundred dollars on the table. well I figured I'd better come clean and I told her that I was the one that did the dine and dash with my buddy.
she laughed and said that she remembered the day, she also said that she new that we up to some thing cause I looked scared and kept sneek'n alook
over at my buddy, and that she figured we must of been awfull hungry
to do something that stupid. I just about had to beg her to keep the the
hundred, then she said well I know someone that could use this.
I thought to myself, I bet that lady never has a bad day!!!

No Name
11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
feel'n guilty and want'n to make things right, the waitress was the same only about 10 yrs older. when I got done eating, I left a hundered dollar bill
for a tip.
hundred dollars on the table. well I figured I'd better come clean and I told her that I was the one that did the dine and dash with my buddy.
she laughed and said that she remembered the day, she also said that she new that we up to some thing cause I looked scared and kept sneek'n alook
Do you really expect us to believe that? :D :D :D

Jordy
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
I'd kick her ass to the curb if she pulled that kind of stuff with me!!! :mad:
Then again, I tried to get Rob and Corina to dine and dash the other night at Mastro's and they wouldn't go for it. They didn't know that I had already paid the bill. Rob was thinking about it, but Corina thought it was just an attempt by us to make her have to wash dishes. :D :D :D

topless
11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I think I got that same exact story in a few of those feel good emails over the years............LIAR!!!:mad:

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
I was about 3 or 4 at the time and entire family went out to dinner at Captain Jacks' in Sunset Beach. Sometime during our dinner the power went out, I remember hearing a lot of moans and dropping of silverware. The power wasnt off that long maybe a couple of minutes, but when the lights came back on the restaurant was damn near empty.
I never dinned and dashed, didnt want that bad-karma following me around, had a lot of friends that did :rolleyes:
Personally what pisses me off more than people who dine & dash, are those people who you go out to eat with, their portion of the check (lets say) is $18.24, and they had you a twenty :mad:

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't expect anything from from anybody, how's it work'n out for you?

beaverretriever
11-15-2007, 03:25 PM
A friend and myself were coming thru utah on the way back from Iowa.
we were hungry as foc, broke, just barely enough for gas.
my buddy tells me this plan, he say for me to go to the counter
and sit buy the cash register, and he would go to a booth.
when he got done, he would go up to pay, and as he pulled his wallet
out I was to grab it and run back to the car. we had parked down the street
and around the corner. well we did it and it worked, he chased me down the street, we got in the car and hit the freeway.
for a tip.
LOL, I read the same exact story in "Chicken Soup for the Soul"!:idea: :idea: :D Just messin with ya Steve!

No Name
11-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Just messin with ya Steve!
Me too…..:)
But the story does seem a little far-fetched don’t ya think?:D :D

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I think I got that same exact story in a few of those feel good emails over the years............LIAR!!!:mad:
man that was one of my more believe able story's
how about this one,
I did a post on forum and mis spelled a few words, well this lady (which I have never seen or met) gets offended by it a publicly humiliates me,
rants and raves about it.
well I go back on her post and point out all mistakes on her posts,
only makes things worse!!!
so I say I'm sorry, didn't mean to get you by the short hairs,
and she replys: as for the short hairs I have none
pretty hard to believe huh!!!
after only a few words of corispondance, she tells me she shaves
her beaver!!!!
so tell me, is the little man in the boat getting fur coat for christmas

topless
11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
how about this one,
I did a post on forum and mis spelled a few words, well this lady (which I have never seen or met) gets offended by it a publicly humiliates me,
her beaver!!!!
so tell me, is the little man in the boat getting fur coat for christmasLMAO...That chick was obviously drunk at the time.

thatguy
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
how about this one,
her beaver!!!!
so tell me, is the little man in the boat getting fur coat for christmas
Umm, It's supposed to have hair?? :eek:
Tommy

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Me too…..:)
But the story does seem a little far-fetched don’t ya think?:D :D
so check this out,
the same guy was renting a room from a good friend of mine, he was one of those guys that had been everywhere, and everyone liked him, allways between jobs and everyone allways will'n to help him out.
Well my friend Tom Tupper who owned the house and rented this guy a room
lets this guy drive his 62 grand prix to the store now and then, and loans
him a few bucks here and there. goes to work one day and when tom returns
his Pontiac is gone. he checks(i think his name was bill) bills room and all his stuff is gone. doesn't take long for tom to figure out that bill ran off with his car.
well tom call the cops and they say that because he had let him drive the car in the past He could not report it stolen,the insurance said the same , cause it wasn't stolen they wouldn't pay off the loan!!! so tom had to make three years of payments and no car!!!

RiverDave
11-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Did you offer to pay some their tab?
RD

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 04:03 PM
how about this one ,
one time back in 78 I was broke, liv'n in my 76 olds, it was a thursday
night I was in the bar drink'n on a tab, try'n to make it to payday
I was hang'n drywall and payday was friday, well I went home with the fat bartender, she fed me and I let her have her way with me. as hard to believe
as it is, I sold myself for some roast beef with potatoes and carrots

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 04:12 PM
how about this one ,
one time back in 78 I was broke, liv'n in my 76 olds, it was a thursday
night I was in the bar drink'n on a tab, try'n to make it to payday
I was hang'n drywall and payday was friday, well I went home with the fat bartender, she fed me and I let her have her way with me. as hard to believe
as it is, I sold myself for some roast beef with potatoes and carrots
Some stories are better left untold ;)

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Some stories are better left untold ;)
just try'n to clear my conscience

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
just try'n to clear my conscience
LOL :D

RitcheyRch
11-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Karma will get them little bastards. You guys did the right thing with offering to help pay the tab.

McIntyrelocal
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
you know it sucks that people half to be that way,most people think that just because you own your own buisness your rich.when people do stuff like this (dine and dash) it doesnt occur to them that there taking food out of your mouth by doing that. just because there to lazy to get a f/n job trust me we have our own construction buisness and its hard enough sometimes to pay our own bill and i would never or have ever tried to rob someone of any dollar they have earned. It honestly makes me mad>its really hard to make a successful living honestly and you just watch people beg barrow and steal and dont care about the effect it has on the little guy trying to make it.
come on now lets everyone mock me for whining like a little B$tch
but i relly mean it.

DMOORE
11-15-2007, 06:17 PM
This is the reason we get the cash BEFORE we bring out the food.
Darrell.

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 06:19 PM
you know it sucks that people half to be that way,most people think that just because you own your own buisness your rich.when people do stuff like this (dine and dash) it doesnt occur to them that there taking food out of your mouth by doing that. just because there to lazy to get a f/n job trust me we have our own construction buisness and its hard enough sometimes to pay our own bill and i would never or have ever tried to rob someone of any dollar they have earned. It honestly makes me mad>its really hard to make a successful living honestly and you just watch people beg barrow and steal and dont care about the effect it has on the little guy trying to make it.
come on now lets everyone mock me for whining like a little B$tch
but i relly mean it.
or maybe they were hungry???

McIntyrelocal
11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
you can buy top ramen for ten cents a pack back when we started our buisness thats all we ate and i never want to see another pre packaged noodle again but our house almost went into forclosure a couple of times and i still never even thought of doing that even after we were screwed out of 180,000 thousand for work we already did i never thought of that!!! it really pisses me off.

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Idon't see that much wrong with hungry people stealing food,
i just don't agree with hungry people stealing cars, gunsj jewelry, ect.
people get caught stealing they say it was to feed their family,
bullshit, thats just say'n they're too lazy to work for it!!!!
how would you like to come home find out your house was robbed'
and all they took was lunchmeat and a loaf of bread,
nope, they take all the shinny stuff, open all the pepsi in the frig
and throw them every where look'n for stash!!
hungry is temperary, thiefs are forever

McIntyrelocal
11-15-2007, 06:40 PM
They have settlement houses and soup kitchens in every city where you can get grocery bags full of food and even a bed to sleep in or take the food from a grocery store every day they give day old food away trust me there are plenty of places to get food but you are right once a thief always a thief!

2forcefull
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
They have settlement houses and soup kitchens in every city where you can get grocery bags full of food and even a bed to sleep in or take the food from a grocery store every day they give day old food away trust me there are plenty of places to get food but you are right once a thief always a thief!
or you can just pick up a fat chick at the bar, they allways have food and
an empty bed

McIntyrelocal
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
or you can just pick up a fat chick at the bar, they allways have food and
an empty bed
LOL yeah slap on ring on her finger and youve got a meal ticket for life.:D

beaverretriever
11-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Steve,
These kids were not poor. THey had enough money to put fricken piercings in their face and to afford the Ed Hardy hat one of them was wearing. They were literally sitting two tables over from us, so I got a pretty good look at them.
Like stated above, there is no excuse for stealing. This is the give-away society. Others like you and myself work hard so others can live off of the government and out tax dollars. If they wanted a free meal, they could have got one... Well they got one... but you know what I mean.

Kilrtoy
11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
You should have gone all BeaverRetriever on them :idea:
damn it you beat me to it

Boa1277
11-15-2007, 07:16 PM
I was about 3 or 4 at the time and entire family went out to dinner at Captain Jacks' in Sunset Beach. Sometime during our dinner the power went out, I remember hearing a lot of moans and dropping of silverware. The power wasnt off that long maybe a couple of minutes, but when the lights came back on the restaurant was damn near empty.
I never dinned and dashed, didnt want that bad-karma following me around, had a lot of friends that did :rolleyes:
Personally what pisses me off more than people who dine & dash, are those people who you go out to eat with, their portion of the check (lets say) is $18.24, and they had you a twenty :mad:
I have been eating dinner at Capt Jacks for over 30yrs in fact we used to pull our 46ft Bertam down the little channel and eat there after a fishing trip when I was a kid..Great Great Food!

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I have been eating dinner at Capt Jacks for over 30yrs in fact we used to pull our 46ft Bertam down the little channel and eat there after a fishing trip when I was a kid..Great Great Food!
Goddamn thats a big boat for that channel, even now! So how did you guys do it, back down the channel & head out? Bow down & back out? Or was there a bit more room to turn around back then ;)
Just got to thinking in all the years I've been going there I've never once gone by boat :( Well not for dinner at least :D