PDA

View Full Version : Child support

purrfecttremor
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
My daughter's ex missed his first court ordered child support payment today. We were afraid he would be a dead beat dad and now it is reality. He's got unlimited resources for attorneys. What recourse is next? We understand we must grant him his court appointed visitation, and would not deny him this. But what next?

Kilrtoy
11-15-2007, 08:41 PM
get whatever county you reside in , involved and they will collect for you.

Some Kind Of Monster
11-15-2007, 08:50 PM
I thought they pull that $ right out of his paycheck so that he doesnt have a choice?

MAINEVENT
11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
My daughter's ex missed his first court ordered child support payment today. We were afraid he would be a dead beat dad and now it is reality. He's got unlimited resources for attorneys. What recourse is next? We understand we must grant him his court appointed visitation, and would not deny him this. But what next?
Damn I pay my child support and just got denied my request for half of their x-mas vacation... (and yes i have 7 unconsecutive weeks for this reason but the court gave her the right to agree or disagree) Dead beat money hungry fukin MOMS exist too... Not just dead beat dads... Its amazing what these wonderful courts grant these sorry excuses for moms half our $$$$ just cause they own vaginas...

OKIE-JET
11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Damn I pay my child support and just got denied my request for half of their x-mas vacation... (and yes i have 7 unconsecutive weeks for this reason but the court gave her the right to agree or disagree) Dead beat money hungry fukin MOMS exist too... Not just dead beat dads... Its amazing what these wonderful courts grant these sorry excuses for moms half our $$$$ just cause they own vaginas...
No shit.:mad:

C-2
11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
He's got unlimited resources for attorneys.
Meaning he has the funds, or works in the industry?

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2007, 09:31 PM
or just make a call to FTB... they are the ones that actually collect it now... kind of funny the year they started collections trippled.

purrfecttremor
11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I understand what your gripe is but she tried to handle it in medeation and he drug her to court.Guess what the court ordered him to pay twice what she asked for so----fock him. MAN UP!! :mad:

Baja Big Dog
11-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I keep trying to tell you guys ...Ensanada...hundy a night, next day, you dont even know her name!!!

HavasuSelect
11-16-2007, 12:22 AM
I used to work as a Child Support Officer in LA County. It was only for a short time but i"ll share my opinion......
I just hope the case isn't opened in LA County, their case load is ridiculous. LA County has a bigger case load then every other count in CA combined. And in some cases a few states combined.
Not much action will be taken with a one month delinquency. Hopefully your daughter knows where he's employed. If so the County will send a pretty threatening letter to the employer. If he works under the table there's not much that can be done to start a wage garnishment, however the arrears will continue to grow and accrue interest.
Once it gets to a certain point his license can be suspended, liens can be put on his house/ on his name. Bank account assests can be seized. Don't forget a delinquency on child support is like a delinquency on a credit card. It goes on your credit report.
Criminal charges cannot be filed until after a full year of non payment and are usually highly unlikely. I wouldn't even consider bringing in a 3rd party to collect past due support. They pretty much do everything Child Support Dept does......
Also, the more your daughter calls for status on the case the better. That way action will be taken.....

thatguy
11-16-2007, 03:14 AM
Google CA child support. Go to your county's web site. All the forms and info is there. Just did this for my daughter. Don't worry, they will eventually collect the back pay and even set up direct deposit.
Many Moms do rape the dad. My Exes were cool this way, I paid it for 15 years and can't complain. It was cheaper than raising them.
The comment about owning vaginas is true, but the guy owns the "deposit" that made the kid. My grandson's father is a loser with 2 other kids by different Moms. A non-selective K-Fed.
If the Mom works, child care can easily wipe out thier income. The problem is that the Moms tend to use it for "getting even" and the court is definitley on thier side on this.
My wife has 2 teens, one lives with us, one with Her Ex.. He said "Even split. you raise one, I'll raise the other". I told him that even though half my income may belong to my wife, NONE of his kids DNA belongs to me. Judge agreed, he pays her $450.00 a month. This is a fair deal I figure since I paid all them years.
Tommy

snake321
11-16-2007, 05:07 AM
A payment behind???? Over 18 years there is the likelyhood that there will be plenty of 1 week behinds. Sometimes you get ahead, sometimes you get behind. Don't sweat the 1 week stuff until it gets large.

mickeyfinn
11-16-2007, 06:01 AM
The whole system is broken, my brother dated a girl who he got pregnant when they were young. She decided to abort and paid for it. She went on the pill and they continued dating/sleeping together. She finally figured out that he wasn't ever going to pop the question so she went off the pill without telling him. She got pregnant, didn't want to abort thinking having his kid would make him marry her. Never happened. I know he is the father, but the whole decisionto get pregnant, keep the baby, not abort was totally hers. Doesn't seem right. Custodial rights seem to be awarded more on the basis of sex than what would be in the best interest of the child. Not sure how I think it could be fixed, just ranting.

centerhill condor
11-16-2007, 06:11 AM
I understand what your gripe is but she tried to handle it in medeation and he drug her to court.Guess what the court ordered him to pay twice what she asked for so----fock him. MAN UP!! :mad:
This involves you how??? You chose to get in it and now you choose to stay in it. Enjoy this time in your life 'cause you're gonna be next. Make a note: everything she says and does regarding that "sob" she'll do to you.
I keep trying to tell you guys ...Ensanada...hundy a night, next day, you dont even know her name!!!
Good advice and without a "court order".
He was a loser before he was a dad and she chose him, first!..her judgement may be called into question with you, too.
The legistlatures give women way too much authority in divorce. She wants a divorce from him but not his money! all in the name of "in the best interest of the child". This is the "big pay back".
The courts usually do as good a job with visitation. Anytime somebody says, "my kids" they deligitimize the children...so you had the kids by yourself? like Mary and Jesus? or you don't know who the father is? Hermaphrodite? Or are you just using the court to help "pimp" your kids for MOMONEY?
If a court grants her the kids, half his assets, and half his future earnings what the heLL does she need him for anyway? A smart woman gets married then has children and gets it all every month! without paying the system a "commission". Its old school 'cause it works and it works 'cause its old school.
When you get involved with a woman with kids you have to know this is a part of it and the best thing you can do is remain silent or help mediate a de'tente so that life is not centered around the past and all parties can move forward.
Havaskank wrote that people fighting about kids indicates unfinished emotional business.
CC

purrfecttremor
11-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the info and mainevent my daughter is not a gold digger. She is even is willing to work with him for the hollidays and they are not even in the court order. This all could have been handle thru the mediator but he could not come to an agreement.When he passed his last drug test he got joint custody and has been an ass every since.Maybe another test is in order :idea:

thatguy
11-16-2007, 06:51 AM
This is obviously an emotional issue for many people. I have seen both sides of it. Unfortunately there are gold diggers AND there are deadbeat dads. It is an issue that both sides at times use to "get even" with the other parent, with the kid(s) squarely in the middle. It is not always one way.
The fact is that in MOST cases, not all by any means, the mother is in fact a more practicle parent. Alot of guys first and initial response is "You are not taking my kids!". This is an emotional response that most times has nothing to do with the kids and everything to do with denying the Mom a "victory".
I know I will draw heat for that, and for those guys who truly are a hands on Dad and a better parent than the Mom, I apologize.
The majority of cases are in fact between at least somewhat reasonable parents. Most Dads want to make sure the kids are provided for, most moms don't try to bankrupt the Dads. The court leans heavily towards "penalizing" the father because SO MANY are deadbeats or refuse to give the Mom anything. Usually for reasons that have nothing to do with the kids.
I have no solution,other than condoms. It is a snowball that can not be stopped. The Dad is screwed in court every time, and the more they try to avoid it, the worse it will be. It is by far better to work out an agreement between the party's, then present it to the court. This is acceptable in CA and is encouraged in fact. Unless it is grossly one sided or violates a law, it will be approved.
If one party then doesn't follow the agreement, the court will enforce it, and the option to petition for a change is always available to both parents.
Anyway, all you need is on the CA.gov website. If they had a court approved agreement, just go to the courthouse and the clerk will guide you through what is necessary.
But I agree that one day, or even a week is not late enough to warrant action. She needs to call him and find out His intentions.
Tommy
PS- Guys, we have identified the enemy and their MO, if we are so smart and know what they are up too, why do we continue to fall into the trap?
Unfortunately the biggest trick God played on man was giving him two heads, but only enough blood to use one at a time.

mbrown2
11-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Unfortunately the biggest trick God played on man was giving him two heads, but only enough blood to use one at a time.
Sig worthy... :)

lakeluver
11-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Divorce...the F**kin' you get for the f**kin' you got....:)

thatguy
11-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Sig worthy... :)
I do what I can. :D :D
Tommy

LAFD
11-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I used to work as a Child Support Officer in LA County. It was only for a short time but i"ll share my opinion......
I just hope the case isn't opened in LA County, their case load is ridiculous. LA County has a bigger case load then every other count in CA combined. And in some cases a few states combined.
Not much action will be taken with a one month delinquency. Hopefully your daughter knows where he's employed. If so the County will send a pretty threatening letter to the employer. If he works under the table there's not much that can be done to start a wage garnishment, however the arrears will continue to grow and accrue interest.
Once it gets to a certain point his license can be suspended, liens can be put on his house/ on his name. Bank account assests can be seized. Don't forget a delinquency on child support is like a delinquency on a credit card. It goes on your credit report.
Criminal charges cannot be filed until after a full year of non payment and are usually highly unlikely. I wouldn't even consider bringing in a 3rd party to collect past due support. They pretty much do everything Child Support Dept does......
Also, the more your daughter calls for status on the case the better. That way action will be taken.....
ok i have a scenerio that i was wondering. my father skipped out when i was 3 im 22 now he hasnt paid child support since i was 3. its my understanding that he will always be obligated to pay back child support up to the age of 18. my mom filed to collect but they could never find him because he works under the table as a horse hauler.she got the papers back stating they couldnt find him and she never refiled. what are the steps to get it refiled and get him to pay up to my mom???

Cole Trickle
11-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Sad situation.
I hope to never wear the shoes that some of you are forced to wear.:(
I think dads should take care of there kids but the system is broken and most kids see little of the $$$. There are good women that use the $$ as designed but buying new cars and clothing while the dad struggles plain sucks.
I think it should be 50/50 and each parent pays for the kids while they have them.

Cole Trickle
11-16-2007, 12:50 PM
ok i have a scenerio that i was wondering. my father skipped out when i was 3 im 22 now he hasnt paid child support since i was 3. its my understanding that he will always be obligated to pay back child support up to the age of 18. my mom filed to collect but they could never find him because he works under the table as a horse hauler.she got the papers back stating they couldnt find him and she never refiled. what are the steps to get it refiled and get him to pay up to my mom???
Good luck with that......
He didn't pay when it was $500.00 a month but you think he is gonna come up with 100K after you add up all the years,penalties and compounded intrest.
If he workss under the table he is considered broke. Can't take something he dosen't have.
Give your mom a hug and thank her for manning up and being a great parent.

LAFD
11-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Good luck with that......
He didn't pay when it was $500.00 a month but you think he is gonna come up with 100K after you add up all the years,penalties and compounded intrest.
If he workss under the table he is considered broke. Can't take something he dosen't have.
Give your mom a hug and thank her for manning up and being a great parent.
no but i know hes thinked to 3 truck and 2 horse trailers and has a horse hauling business cause he has insurance and all that. so i would have to think they can link him to something. and trust me i thank my mom everytime i see her.

Cole Trickle
11-16-2007, 01:05 PM
no but i know hes thinked to 3 truck and 2 horse trailers and has a horse hauling business cause he has insurance and all that. so i would have to think they can link him to something. and trust me i thank my mom everytime i see her.
Strong moms deserve alot of credit. When my parents were divorced my mom asked for half the house and didn't take a dime of allimony. she busted her ass and supported her self. She got her degree and was making a killing in corporate america before she left to start her own wine store.(She was lucky because my dad was there and paid child support)
Sounds like he figured out how to work the system. Also seems like laws and technology were alot different 10+ years ago.:( :mad:
I just couldn't imagine getting a bill in the mail for 100g's if he walked away back when you needed him most he will do what ever he can now to avoid paying.:mad:

thatguy
11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Sad situation.
I think dads should take care of there kids but the system is broken and most kids see little of the $$$. There are good women that use the $$ as designed but buying new cars and clothing while the dad struggles plain sucks.
I think it should be 50/50 and each parent pays for the kids while they have them.
You are correct. However, a common misconception is that the money is for the kids. It is not. Any attorney or support agent will tell you the money is for the CUSTODIAL PARENT, to supply the housing, food and clothes for the kid.
In fact, if both parties agree, it does not even have to be cash. With a written agreement you can barter cash, goods or services of equal value if the custodial parent agrees.
I traded a 69' chevelle convertible back to my second ex. in lieu of $2500.00 back pay PLUS 1 year of support. The kicker was it used to be her car. When we divorced I bought it from her because she was broke with her loser boyfriend.(The one she cheated with, well, one of them anyway). I actually made like 5 grand profit on the deal. If the mom needs something (like a car) you can get creative, as long as the kids are taken care of.
Another mistake is when Dads put a part of the money in a fund of some kind , like for college or a trust. This will in NO WAY count towards support, child support is for the parent, not the kid.
Thats why the LESS you have them, the MORE you pay. Seems backwards to most guys.
If you can pull off a 50/50 custody, thats good. As long as you do it for the right reasons. I know guys who have 50/50 and drive the kids straight to their grandparents, drop them off, and don't see them for 10 days.
No point here, just blabbing I guess.:rolleyes:
Tommy

Cole Trickle
11-16-2007, 01:54 PM
You are correct. However, a common misconception is that the money is for the kids. It is not. Any attorney or support agent will tell you the money is for the CUSTODIAL PARENT, to supply the housing, food and clothes for the kid.
In fact, if both parties agree, it does not even have to be cash. With a written agreement you can barter cash, goods or services of equal value if the custodial parent agrees.
I traded a 69' chevelle convertible back to my second ex. in lieu of $2500.00 back pay PLUS 1 year of support. The kicker was it used to be her car. When we divorced I bought it from her because she was broke with her loser boyfriend.(The one she cheated with, well, one of them anyway). I actually made like 5 grand profit on the deal. If the mom needs something (like a car) you can get creative, as long as the kids are taken care of.
Another mistake is when Dads put a part of the money in a fund of some kind , like for college or a trust. This will in NO WAY count towards support, child support is for the parent, not the kid.
Thats why the LESS you have them, the MORE you pay. Seems backwards to most guys.
If you can pull off a 50/50 custody, thats good. As long as you do it for the right reasons. I know guys who have 50/50 and drive the kids straight to their grandparents, drop them off, and don't see them for 10 days.
No point here, just blabbing I guess.:rolleyes:
Tommy
One of my old bosses (buddy) made good money. probably close to 85K a year when he got divorced from his wife of 9 years.
The poor guy was ordered to pay allimony for 5 years on top of child support for his 2 kids. Wife moved in "boyfriend" minutes after he left the house and he footed the major bills. The new family vacationed a ton and went to hawaii 2-3 times a year while driving new BMW's. My old boss was 38 years old with a great job and paid 4,000.00 a month after taxes.
The guy was 6'6" tall and drove a 87 Dodge Colt for 5 years (clown car) that his brother gave him because he couldn't afford rent and a car. 2 weeks before the allimony was supposed to halt his ex remarried the other guy.
Needless to say she was one of the bad ones;)

C-2
11-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Another true story:
My neighbor was left with 3 children – 2 in diapers when their mom decided to re-live her adolescence and split. He’s raised them every since as the primary caregiver, and been pretty generous with visitation since she never paid a dime towards child support with him as primary custody.
For about 10 years he went thru life without dating or relationships. Just recently he found a new wifey and everything was going great.
Heck, even his ex won the lottery ($5M), so he thought she’d never be on his azz for anything, ever again.
WRONG
Just recently the ex wifey saw how happy the new family is, and decided she needs child support. “I only have $1M left in the bank”…..
Huh?:mad:

ratso
11-16-2007, 02:10 PM
One of my old bosses (buddy) made good money. probably close to 85K a year when he got divorced from his wife of 9 years.
The poor guy was ordered to pay allimony for 5 years on top of child support for his 2 kids. Wife moved in "boyfriend" minutes after he left the house and he footed the major bills. The new family vacationed a ton and went to hawaii 2-3 times a year while driving new BMW's. My old boss was 38 years old with a great job and paid 4,000.00 a month after taxes.
The guy was 6'6" tall and drove a 87 Dodge Colt for 5 years (clown car) that his brother gave him because he couldn't afford rent and a car. 2 weeks before the allimony was supposed to halt his ex remarried the other guy.
Needless to say she was one of the bad ones;)
You mean to tell me there are good ones?:idea:

topless
11-16-2007, 02:21 PM
You mean to tell me there are good ones?:idea:Whatch what you say there bud, I'm going to be in Texas in a few weeks.:mad:

ratso
11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Whatch what you say there bud, I'm going to be in Texas in a few weeks.:mad:
:jawdrop:

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Whatch what you say there bud, I'm going to be in Texas in a few weeks.:mad:
Debbie does dallas II?

snake321
11-16-2007, 03:25 PM
I believe he missed his first payment, unless I'm reading it wrong.
It's not a trend until next week comes around.
I just finished paying off a child support arrearage which finished my obligation. I thought it was gonna be a good day until the state handed me a new bill for 32g's. Seems that miserable bitch had been collecting welfare my son's whole life as well as working under the table. New law says that any person related to the persons on welfare are now on the hook to pay it back.
I boomed up 7g's already.
I don't get no respect.......

thatguy
11-16-2007, 03:43 PM
No doubt the horror stories abound. My buddy in Alaska fought for 2 years, EVERY dime he made as a chef. Finally got custody of his daughter AND his Ex's daughter as he had adopted her during the marriage. The skank was hole up in a meth shack blowin' dudes for bumps. Everyone knew it but it was still almost impossible for him to get the kids. Actually, now that I think about it I know another guy did the same thing. He had cash so it was not as hard for him.
Condoms, man's best friend for sure!
Tommy

snake321
11-17-2007, 01:28 AM
hahaha,good guy my ass, they took it from me...

westair
11-17-2007, 05:50 AM
Sad situation.
A friend has 50/50 custody of his two kids but still has to pay child support, also his ex has remarried. Why is this system so screwed up? He never has made a lot of money, usually just enough to get by on. WTF!!

ratso
11-17-2007, 06:44 AM
A friend has 50/50 custody of his two kids but still has to pay child support, also his ex has remarried. Why is this system so screwed up? He never has made a lot of money, usually just enough to get by on. WTF!!
I wonder how many of these bitches would be living in poverty if they didn't have some guy to fukk money out of?:idea:

thatguy
11-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Child support has NOTHING to do with a new spouse. Having been on both sides of this I understand now. When my first wife (3 kids) married a banker (18 years ago) I could not understand why they took HALF my income when He made 3 times what I did. I paid for fifteen years and that is exactly what killed my second marriage. So I stayed single 8 years, till the little rats :D where all 18.
Now I have 2 stepkids, their dad does not understand why he has to pay when I make 3 times what He does.
He told my wife,"Half your husbands income is yours, why do I pay?"
I told him "None of your kids DNA is mine, I paid mine, now you pay yours". In short, I created my kids, he created his. Your buddys' Ex. wifes new husband did not father your buddys' children. And believe me, in my case, I pay a hell of a lot more raising his kids than he pays in support.
It is a corrupt system with very unreasonable Bias's and unrealistic policies.
In your friends case He must make more than his Ex. The new husbands income is NOT A FACTOR. A 50/50 custody split, the higher earner will probably pay something to the other, UNLESS an agreement is crafted in advance by the parties involved. Even then the mediator or judge may change it, usually to postpone the inevitable "re-match" down the road.
In Alaska years ago the head of the enforcement division stated flat out that "We will collect in any way possible, legal or not, we are not a non-profit. If one out of ten people fight us and win, thats the cost of doing business."
They even ripped of the recipients of payments by holding them for months, all the while claiming non-collection from payers.
My 16 year old step-son is now banging his little girlfriend, I am relentless on beating it into him (verbally) about getting her pregnant. Lets be honest, thats where it starts.
Tommy
PS- I don't pretend to be any kind of "expert" on this crap, but I have been drug through it for many years. From all angles, and from both sides of the fence. All I know is that it is focked, but we still subject ourselves to it. We know, as men, that the deck is stacked against us. Yet we still choose to deal ourselves in. If you find yourself facing it, talk to the Mom or Ex. Make a fair agreement and honor it. Put the fighting aside and work out the support and custody on your own. If you can't do that, your screwed.
When you use the divorce or child support court for a personal battlefield, there is no winner, just better loser's.

thatguy
11-17-2007, 07:01 AM
I wonder how many of these bitches would be living in poverty if they didn't have some guy to fukk money out of?:idea:
Quit impregnating the bitches and the problem is gone. :eek: :D

snake321
11-17-2007, 07:20 AM
The problem is with the lawyers pumping up the mothers with a bunch of crap and forcing unfair amounts of money on the fathers. I would walk into court with people woofin all kinds of stuff just because I was the father. When the mother refused court ordered visitation, nothing EVER happened to her. I've seen mothers walk in and tell of not seeing the father for years and having the judge order immediate HUGE arrearages and serve the dude with court papers. Didn't probably even know he had a kid and now he's 30g's in the hole and pissed...

purrfecttremor
11-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Well he sent her a text yesterday saying he was sorry he was late and his 1st payment was on her front porch. Guess maybe he in going to man up and fullfill his obligation. Im shocked but he may supprise us all.:D

ratso
11-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Quit impregnating the bitches and the problem is gone. :eek: :D
Don't marry them and the alimony is gone too...;)

Boa1277
11-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I have wifes that I met in Ensenada from all over the fine country of Mexico. I have a wife from Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco, Cancun, Juaxaca, and Ensenada. I love each and every one of them the best part is the wedding only cost me a 100 bucks each time.....I remember their names though.:devil:

thatguy
11-17-2007, 09:49 AM
BINGO, We have a winner! (Even though I am married!):D
Tommy

westair
11-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Not necessarily, if you live together for so many years I think the state (Ca) considers that the same as marriage.

ratso
11-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Not necessarily, if you live together for so many years I think the state (Ca) considers that the same as marriage.
If you're dumb enough to put up with them for that long, you should have to pay double alimony...:D

bigkyle
11-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Contact these folks, their out of the Dana Point area. A buddy of mine runs the company. He spent many years with San Bernardino County as a lawyer in the child support division, but became disenchanted with the lack of progress made. What takes the counties several months to complete, he can generally resolve in less than half the time.
http://www.childsupportenforcers.com/contact.htm
Good Luck!

snake321
11-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Well he sent her a text yesterday saying he was sorry he was late and his 1st payment was on her front porch. Guess maybe he in going to man up and fullfill his obligation. Im shocked but he may supprise us all.:D
some habits are hard to get going.....