View Full Version : Havasu secret.....

phebus
11-16-2007, 07:00 AM
News
Havasu's revealing new secret
Lingerie store may be latest add to new mall
By David Bell
Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:52 PM MST
VictoriaÂ’s Secret is the latest unofficial addition to the Shops at Lake Havasu Regional Lifestyle Center.
VictoriaÂ’s Secret officials have submitted plans to the Lake Havasu City Development Services Department for tenant improvements to one of the structures under construction. Square footage of the store was not disclosed.
Wolford Development officials say they are about a week away from officially announcing the next round of stores coming to the outdoor shopping complex.
“Our leasing people said there are a number of signed leases that we are currently reviewing in house. We should have some announcements after Thanksgiving,” said John Martin.
One announcement Martin could make is WolfordÂ’s hiring of a new manager and marketing director for the retail project. Michelle Misurelli begins work on site today.
The Shops at Lake Havasu is an open-air shopping center located on 108 acres, across state Route 95 from the Lake Havasu City Municipal Airport.
The Shops at Lake Havasu is scheduled to open March 5 with three anchor stores: a 100,000-square-foot DillardÂ’s, a 102,000-square-foot J.C. Penney Co. Inc., and a 201,821-square-foot super Wal-Mart. Two others have confirmed setting up shop in Lake Havasu City: a 17,835-square-foot PetSmart and a 10-auditorium, 40,000-square-foot UltraStar Cinemas complex.ation on the site.

Not So Fast
11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, I'm pretty thrilled about this :D NSF

OutCole'd
11-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Well, I'm pretty thrilled about this :D NSF
I bet! I hope you don't plan on wearing you're new "outfit" in public though....:D :D

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Yippy :D :D

OutCole'd
11-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Now if they would just build a Nordstroms, I could get my wife to go out there more often.:rolleyes: :D

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Now if they would just build a Nordstroms, I could get my wife to go out there more often.:rolleyes: :D
As soon as that happens I am moving there. ;) :D

phebus
11-16-2007, 08:19 AM
As soon as that happens, I'm leaving. :D

OutCole'd
11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Lisa's not that bad, sheesh.:rolleyes: :D

EAZYKILLER2006
11-16-2007, 08:22 AM
WooHoo

HavaSkank
11-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Victoria Secret? Who needs'em!
I buy all my lingerie from Tractor Supply.

SummerBreeze
11-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Home sale are going to rise
town is moving north

riverracerx
11-16-2007, 08:48 AM
F' Walmart. They need a nice Target.

atomickitn
11-16-2007, 08:50 AM
thats funny thats what windy said too....at least they will be getting a VS:D

atomickitn
11-16-2007, 08:51 AM
yep !:idea: target would be a great store to have there in that town.....

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
:mad: WOW, BIG WHOOPIE, ANOTHER F'ING MALL, JUST WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS !!!, wait, well in Havasu this might be a good thing, all the big boat ballers will be shopping at all those high class stores, cool us lil boat boaters will have calm water !!!, please spend all day there with your gals !!!!:D :D I can see it now, honey we need to get to the mall before we go boating (that takes care of saturday, then sunday will be sale day)perfect placement too, right after your shitty drive on I-40 !! Damn just wait till they start flying an A380 Airbus into big city Lake Havasu !!! Oh yeah, and remember all the high paying jobs the mall will be bringing...........so say the political powers of Havasu, they obviously have never been in retail, they don't pay crap, min wage at best. Well thats cool , Havasu's new claim to fame will be "The Mall".
Maybe you should stay away from Havasu then??:confused:

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 09:17 AM
LMAO :D :D
I agree 100%

IDRPSTF
11-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Havasu already has a local family owned Lingerie Store "Frisky Business".
The city turned down the idea 5 times and has been sending zoning people in on a regular basis to find somehow... someway to shut it down. Frisky opened right smack dab in the heart of the city and has been employing no less than 5 local girls from day one. Now the city wants to throw a ticker tape parade for Victoria's Secret opening 5 miles outside of town? I should send some of our sleezy Lingerie up to city hall to dress up the bunch of whores that run this town! I am glad to see this newsflash 14 days before the new owner takes over the store. Would you all like to bet what falls out of escrow?

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Havasu already has a local family owned Lingerie Store "Frisky Business".
The city turned down the idea 5 times and has been sending zoning people in on a regular basis to find somehow... someway to shut it down. Frisky opened right smack dab in the heart of the city and has been employing no less than 5 local girls from day one. Now the city wants to throw a ticker tape parade for Victoria's Secret opening 5 miles outside of town? I should send some of our sleezy Lingerie up to city hall to dress up the bunch of whores that run this town! I am glad to see this newsflash 14 days before the new owner takes over the store. Would you all like to bet what falls out of escrow?
What are the store hours??? I have called on 2 different weekends that I have been there and no one answers the phone??:( I wanted to go shopping.:)

Jerrys59
11-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Sure be nice to have a Costco or a Sams club around this joint.

DeltaSigBoater
11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Let's Go To The Mall!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mJAsgIIfNM)
:rolleyes: :D ;) :devil: :idea:

atomickitn
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM
[
You can't tell me the Victoria's in Bako is any differnt than the one will be Havi, beside you should know the X'MAS catalog for Victoria's has everything you need:D :D[/QUOTE]
yeah but there are different girls, working at different VS ...+ if you have never heard your wife say( oh hunny I just ran out of my faverite>>>> I wish they had a VS or something like that that would be soo cool) and a LIL something for the night ( naughty ) ...:D

Not So Fast
11-16-2007, 10:58 AM
One is coming at least to Bullhead along with a Kohls. Drove by it yesterday on the way to Sams Club and it looked like it could be open for the Holidays. And to all the haters of the new mall, if you dont like it dont go, pretty simple solution. If you want Havasu the way it used to be, forget about it, progress is coming so go find another place. And for the ones that live here, I for one cant wait to see the mall open. Big box store and all is welcome for us because the shopping here really sucks.
If you want something to bitch about then look at the plans for a 4 year university to built on the south end.
If I had my druthers I would have prefered Havasu to stay as it was 10 years ago but population booms bring things with it, like malls. NSF

DeltaSigBoater
11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
One is coming at least to Bullhead along with a Kohls. Drove by it yesterday on the way to Sams Club and it looked like it could be open for the Holidays. And to all the haters of the new mall, if you dont like it dont go, pretty simple solution. If you want Havasu the way it used to be, forget about it, progress is coming so go find another place. And for the ones that live here, I for one cant wait to see the mall open. Big box store and all is welcome for us because the shopping here really sucks.
If you want something to bitch about then look at the plans for a 4 year university to built on the south end.
If I had my druthers I would have prefered Havasu to stay as it was 10 years ago but population booms bring things with it, like malls. NSF
I'd like Havasu to go back to what it was in the mid/late-'80s, but that's not going to happen. I think a mall is a good thing, hopefully it will force majority of the scumbags & tweekers to clean up or move along. One thing that I've never understood is why didnt anyone build waterfront homes (SFR) with docks, like the keys?
If and when this University materializes, you can bet that IÂ’m going to lobby for a Greek System on campus; of course IÂ’ll make sure my Fraternity is at the forefront.

phebus
11-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Mrs Racer277,
The point was, people can't leave the big city home for the weekend?, if you can't thats kinda sad, when I go the lake / river, the last thing I wanna see or do is go to a mall !!! You think the local people are happy the big box mall has arrived in Havasu, I really don't think so, some maybe initially, but think of all the cool mom & pop stores they put out of business over the years, and I have been coming to Havasu since 1974ish, so I have seen the demise over many stores/businesses in Havi.
You can't tell me the Victoria's in Bako is any differnt than the one will be Havi, beside you should know the X'MAS catalog for Victoria's has everything you need:D :D
Hello,................. people live here. :idea: