PDA

View Full Version : Barbeque Grill

Spotondl
11-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Reading the turkey prep thread & BBQ'ing turkeys got me thinking...
Once the que is done, do you clean those grates to the point of new?
or...
Leave them until next time and burn the residue off while warming up the que?

Spotondl
11-16-2007, 09:03 PM
You clean your grill?
LOL, you of all people... I figured you would clean your grill to the point that you could return the thing to the store you purchased it from after a full year of hard use... :D :D :D

Spotondl
11-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Ok... I'm with ya on this one...
The only time I regretted it was when I opened the grill to find what looked like a million grease ants on the grill... Fire extermination and one hell of a clean up job and I was good to go... :) :) :)

Not So Fast
11-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I hate cleaning the damn thing but I have found that by spraying the grill with the BBQ grill non stick stuff that the chicken or whatever doesnt stick to the grill like before and when done queing while its still hot just run the Grill hawg wire brush over it and it stays pretty nice, or not:D NSF

hkunz
11-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Ok... I'm with ya on this one...
The only time I regretted it was when I opened the grill to find what looked like a million grease ants on the grill... Fire extermination and one hell of a clean up job and I was good to go... :) :) :)
The ants add flavor:D

boat boy
11-17-2007, 06:01 AM
Clean the grates prior and after, but remember with cast iron grates its what they call seasoning the grate as while.

ratso
11-17-2007, 06:46 AM
We power wash ours on a regular basis...

snake321
11-17-2007, 06:46 AM
When I'm done I turn all the burners all the way up and leave the cover closed for about 5 minutes,or until the yard is smoked out, which ever comes first......
automatic clean

Schiada76
11-17-2007, 08:11 AM
This reminds me I need to rebuild the river house Q. It's only 21 years old, I think I can get another ten out of it.:D

H20Advantage
11-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Easy way to clean your grill.
Lay two pieces of Aluminum foil over the grills covering the whole thing. close the cover and turn all the burners to the preheat position for 5 to 10 minutes.
When your done all you will have is ash at the bottom of the grill. Much like a self clean oven.

Baja Big Dog
11-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh the humanity, and the germs obtained when cooking on a grill that has not been cleaned properly, or heated above 450 degrees to attempt burn off any little critters that attach themselves to your intestines, the thought is beyond comprehension:sqeyes: !!
You all should hang "D" restaurant ratings on your front windows, so your friends all know they run the risk of getting sick after eating at you little "get togethers", they stand a better chance of not getting sick at there local Chinese roach and rat eatery!!
Can someone tell me how to get my grills off of the BBQ, they aint been off since I bought it!!!

fatboy95
11-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I will admit to giving it a quick brush to knock the bird crap and pieces of chicken off, but as for a good cleaning, no way. I think the grill adds character, plus I hate to clean stuff. :D
I hear ya. However, make sure the drip pan is always clean on the gas grills. We had a slight flameout over the summer with two chickens on the rotisseire. Had to scatter their ashes in a memorial service and missed dinner.:D