PDA

View Full Version : Best Ipod?

Outnumbered
11-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I want to get an Ipod for my 12 y/o this Christmas. She is very tech savvy and will have no problem learning to use one. I have never had the patience/time to download songs so I never got into the Ipod thing. We bought her an off-brand RCA a few years ago and it sucked--she gave it to her little sister. It was a pain to use.
So, what is the best one to get given these needs:
1) Video is not necessary.
2) She will be using it mainly with earbuds.
3) I would like to be able to use it in a vehicle once in a while.
4) She does not want the mini belt-clip one.
5) Massive storage GB is not necessary.
Thanks

Boa1277
11-17-2007, 09:35 AM
4Gig Nano works great!

XtrmWakeborder
11-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I like my 8g nano. It's the previous version without the video, but I like it because it's smaller than the new ones.

Outnumbered
11-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I don't want to have any headaches with protected songs and all that shiz. I bought some songs from Napster a while back and now they are all locked and I can't do anything with them. Same thing with some I bought off of Walmart's download site. It is BS that I paid for the songs but it says I don't have access. I'm hoping these issues were just related to the RCA mp3player. It was a pain.
With the Ipod can I load songs from any source onto it using Itunes?

XtrmWakeborder
11-17-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't want to have any headaches with protected songs and all that shiz. I bought some songs from Napster a while back and now they are all locked and I can't do anything with them. Same thing with some I bought off of Walmart's download site. It is BS that I paid for the songs but it says I don't have access. I'm hoping these issues were just related to the RCA mp3player. It was a pain.
With the Ipod can I load songs from any source onto it using Itunes?
I know that you can get them from limewire...:)

Outnumbered
11-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I know that you can get them from limewire...:)
I thought that LM was full of spyware?

XtrmWakeborder
11-17-2007, 11:32 AM
I have AVG for my anti-virus and use ad-aware every so often, no problems at all.

Swoop
11-17-2007, 12:37 PM
I just bought a 30gig video that was a couple months old off ebay for $175 with 20 new movies on it.
I don't think I can ever fill it up with songs, I've put a few hundred on and didnt make a dent. You can put movies on and off and the fact that you can DL new movies in minutes for free is amazing. At that age I would have loved to have something like this to watch tv shows/movies while going on a trip with parents or wherever since she has a few years before driving. My girlfriend who never drives out to havasu, these last few times has watched movies I put on there and has never been happier for 4 hours!
Tons of good deals on ebay just make sure it's a credible seller.
Good luck!

Outnumbered
11-17-2007, 02:34 PM
I just bought a 30gig video that was a couple months old off ebay for $175 with 20 new movies on it.
I don't think I can ever fill it up with songs, I've put a few hundred on and didnt make a dent. You can put movies on and off and the fact that you can DL new movies in minutes for free is amazing. At that age I would have loved to have something like this to watch tv shows/movies while going on a trip with parents or wherever since she has a few years before driving. My girlfriend who never drives out to havasu, these last few times has watched movies I put on there and has never been happier for 4 hours!
Tons of good deals on ebay just make sure it's a credible seller.
Good luck!
Thanks for the info but how do you load new movies for free?:idea:

BajaMike
11-17-2007, 04:57 PM
The new Ipod Nano is great.....and ITunes is the best software IMHO.....:idea: