PDA

View Full Version : * Suspension Lift Kit for Chevy, HELP

Parker Dreamin
11-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Looking for a lift kit, I do not know much about them, that is why I am coming to you guys/gals for help.
I have a Chevy 2004 Crew cab Z71 1500 4x4 5.3 v8.
Looking for something in the 4-6" size, do not want to do a body lift. Will be doing a little off roading, nothing major. I do not want my ride to be all F-ed up.
I had a Ford F150 with a Fab Tech lift many years ago and was happy with their product.
What is out there to look at? Any pros or cons of one kit vs. the other ?

Riverat84
11-18-2007, 01:39 PM
IMO, CST is one of the best companies, they gusset the crap out of their components, and i havent had any problems with their product...my .02
Reid

XtrmWakeborder
11-18-2007, 02:54 PM
CST, Cognito, RCD are all good lift kits

WTMFA
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
I second the CST recommendation.
I have an 04 2500 HD Chevy with their 9" lift and I have done some things in my truck that I should not have and the kit has been flawless. One thing I like about CST is they use your stock spindle which means your front end width does not change. Some other kits supply you with their spindle which increases the front end width. This may appeal to some but I think it is unessasary for the street.
Make sure you DO NOT use the keys that are sold to lift the front end. On a 4X4 with IFS this increases the angle of the CV's and you WILL break them in 4wd under even a slight load.
Hope this helps.

DSW
11-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Also check out RCD. Same setup as the CST.

RaceFace
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Ive got the RCD 6" lift...30k miles and no issues. Very happy with it...would do it again IF I lift my next truck :(

RaceFace
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Looking for a lift kit, I do not know much about them, that is why I am coming to you guys/gals for help.
I have a Chevy 2004 Crew cab Z71 1500 4x4 5.3 v8.
Looking for something in the 4-6" size, do not want to do a body lift. Will be doing a little off roading, nothing major. I do not want my ride to be all F-ed up.
I had a Ford F150 with a Fab Tech lift many years ago and was happy with their product.
What is out there to look at? Any pros or cons of one kit vs. the other ?
If you're going 6", you will probably be running 35's...be sure to look into 4:10's for your diffs too. You wont be sorry.

Parker Dreamin
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I will have to double check but pretty sure I bought with 4.10.
Any other tips or tricks....
thank you so far.

Parker Dreamin
11-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Know anything about these ?
http://www.bulletproofsuspensions.net/6_chevy_1500_4wd.php#

pancho
11-19-2007, 02:27 PM
dreamin,i have the same truck with a fabtech 6" lift and 295/75x16 tires,i couldnt be happier with the ride and whatnot,had to trim a small amount of plastic from the inner fender liners at the front corners you cant even tell,i dont off-road much so i went with a medium stiff shock,nothing hard core here but a great ride none the less,btw,my truck is a LT not a z-71,doubt it makes a difference

plaster dave
11-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Also check out RCD. Same setup as the CST.
Not even close! CST is the best kit on the market for what you want.

yopengo
11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I have a 6" RDC lift and run 35's with 4:56's and love the quality.

AZJD
11-19-2007, 04:44 PM
CST! and only CST!

Deano
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Do NOT get a fabtech lift. I have a 8" on my 2500 and have gone through about 4 sets of idler and pitmans until I realized they had a twin stabilizer kit that helped alot. It should have come standard with the lift.
I highly recommend fabtech tie rods..nice pieces...very strong, unlike stock:D

Uniqueperformancewest
11-19-2007, 05:53 PM
I say CST all the way aswell, best looking, best quality, and best ride available for the chevy. Bulletproof as some cool looking kits aswell but they won't compare to CST and CST has everything to go from 6"-16" and there stuff is pretty awesome. They cost a bit more too but its worth it in the long run especially if your keeping the truck for awhile and if you enjoy a comfortable ride down the highway.
Thanks John
Unique Performance West, Inc.

AZJD
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I say CST all the way aswell, best looking, best quality, and best ride available for the chevy. Bulletproof as some cool looking kits aswell but they won't compare to CST and CST has everything to go from 6"-16" and there stuff is pretty awesome. They cost a bit more too but its worth it in the long run especially if your keeping the truck for awhile and if you enjoy a comfortable ride down the highway.
Thanks John
See! Straight from the professionals mouth........:D

Uniqueperformancewest
11-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Haha AZJD thanks I like that title haha, just voicing my opinion. It sucks though because most of the time the more expensive kit is actually the better kit. But when it comes from my mouth it makes it sound like Im trying to get more money or something which isnt true. I just see so many friends and customers who come to me and get a quote and then go purchase something cheaper and come back asking to make the truck ride better. In the end they pay more to have it re-done etc, definetly better to do it right the first time you know.
Thanks John

pancho
11-19-2007, 06:20 PM
i was not trying to sell the fabtech kit only relaying my experience,i am sure there are better kits out there,i just rolled 100,000 miles and it still drives great

AZJD
11-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Haha AZJD thanks I like that title haha, just voicing my opinion. It sucks though because most of the time the more expensive kit is actually the better kit. But when it comes from my mouth it makes it sound like Im trying to get more money or something which isnt true. I just see so many friends and customers who come to me and get a quote and then go purchase something cheaper and come back asking to make the truck ride better. In the end they pay more to have it re-done etc, definetly better to do it right the first time you know.
Thanks John
Adam at Wired told me to go with CST and I am glad I did. The heim joints across the sterring linkage makes all the difference, plus the control arm replacement RCD doesn't offer.
Keep up the good work Jay, AKA The Professional!:D

AZJD
11-19-2007, 06:41 PM
i was not trying to sell the fabtech kit only relaying my experience,i am sure there are better kits out there,i just rolled 100,000 miles and it still drives great
Yes, but you have a flattie! You are used to a rough ride.:D :D :D

voodoomedman
11-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Go get her done at Extreme Trucks. Ultra27Jay here on the boards is the owner.