PDA

View Full Version : Who's been to Amsterdam?

27 Awesome cat
11-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Would love to hear of some good things to do in Amsterdam.
Strip clubs,dance clubs,partys..Open to all suggestion's:D :D :D

PaPaG
11-18-2007, 01:56 PM
I've been to Hoover Dam, Davis Dam, Parker Dam...do those count ? :D

Jbb
11-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Dave's not here.............man...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43352&stc=1&d=1195423255
:D

thatguy
11-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Would love to hear of some good things to do in Amsterdam.
Strip clubs,dance clubs,partys..Open to all suggestion's:D :D :D
You don't need advice, it will be laid out right in front of you.
Tommy

franky
11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
You don't need advice, it will be laid out right in front of you.
Tommy
In menus and window shopping.

centerhill condor
11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
funny thing...you can smoke heroine while bangin' a school girl but get caught speeding over 150 and go to jail!
Crazy world.
CC

thatguy
11-18-2007, 02:09 PM
And the price list.
Tommy

thatguy
11-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Did they switch to the "Euro" yet?
Tommy

thatguy
11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Tell us more about these schoolgirls. :D
Just about any Vice, or your top secret fantasy that NO ONE knows, chances are it's in a display window.
Tommy

Pete454
11-18-2007, 02:20 PM
yes they use the euro, depends on the time of year you go, in winter its F-ing cold. Fun place been there several times, heineken factory tour is a fun way to start the day, all in all a lot of fun:D

Phat Matt
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Stop in one of the shops and try the coffee. :D

DeltaSigBoater
11-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Stop in one of the shops and try the coffee. :D
Don't forget to try one of their signature brownies :D

27 Awesome cat
11-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Ok so far we have menus and window shopping,schoolgirls,
a beer factory tour while drinking coffee and eating brownies :D

Havasu1986
11-18-2007, 03:23 PM
After doing a couple of these things. :D I went on a tour that took us to The Delft Blue, Maduradam and The Hague (sp?). :)

DeltaSigBoater
11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Let us not forget about Absinthe

27 Awesome cat
11-18-2007, 03:37 PM
What are you planning for day two?
I'm not sure:) .. We fly out tuesday for England then over to Portugal.
Going to be over there for three weeks and was told to do Amsterdam last.
The wifes B-day is today but i'm planing on having the party in Amsterdam.
Her only request was that there better be strippers:D

OutCole'd
11-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I've never been, but could you bring me back some brownies??
Instead of Jello Shots at the sand bar, we need brownies damnit!:D

totenhosen
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Besides stuff already mentioned, go to Van Gogh Museum, Rijks Museum, get some Indonesia food (I believe they have the largest population outside of Indo), and go to a french fry place with 50+ sauces.

Old Texan
11-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure:) .. We fly out tuesday for England then over to Portugal.
Going to be over there for three weeks and was told to do Amsterdam last.
The wifes B-day is today but i'm planing on having the party in Amsterdam.
Her only request was that there better be strippers:D
Live sex shows are better......:devil:
Ask around the Bulldog or Dos Kil(sp), they'll point you to the good nightspots.
If you want a little history try the Maritime Museum and the Ann Frank house.

boatnaked
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I have!
O yea!
I forgot to say that I landed there on my way to Egypt they took us off the plane and into the airport where they kept us in the airport for about an hour while they searched the plane then back onto the plane then off we went to Switzerland, Germany then off to Egypt! from Utah to Egypt 24.5 hours of traveling! which was better than the first trip there by 5 hours!

HowardFlat
11-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Dont forget about the space cakes

Legal Chemistry
11-18-2007, 07:55 PM
it's real easy to find anything and everything you're looking for if that's what you want. Beers, green, strippers, chicks shooting ping pong balls out of their ****... just stick around the red light district which is near the train depot ** but be careful**.
If you venture out of the red light you find much better area's w/less shady folks... grasshopper, bulldog, etc. The Van Gogh is near along with Amsterdam arena (check what's going on there before hand) My wife and I, went and had a good time. Summerfeast or opening of the Humanities Festival will give you 24/7 entertainment with everyone from Europe there. If you need more details you can PM and I'll try to remember.
whatever you do.... DO NOT purchase WHITE WIDOW MISTY.
you'll stare at non-existent cartoons on the walls for hour! :jawdrop:

27 Awesome cat
11-18-2007, 08:16 PM
it's real easy to find anything and everything you're looking for if that's what you want. Beers, green, strippers, chicks shooting ping pong balls out of their ****... just stick around the red light district which is near the train depot ** but be careful**.
If you venture out of the red light you find much better area's w/less shady folks... grasshopper, bulldog, etc. The Van Gogh is near along with Amsterdam arena (check what's going on there before hand) My wife and I, went and had a good time. Summerfeast or opening of the Humanities Festival will give you 24/7 entertainment with everyone from Europe there. If you need more details you can PM and I'll try to remember.
whatever you do.... DO NOT purchase WHITE WIDOW MISTY.
you'll stare at non-existent cartoons on the walls for hour! :jawdrop:
Thats what I wanted to hear..first hand info:D TY.
We are going with a friend that lives in the U.K and he wont tell us shit:mad: Just keeps saying we are going to have a blast and recommended that we go there last seeing how we might not want to leave:D

Redwing247
11-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Redlight district :D

Whisky Dick
11-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Banana Bar......you pay for the 1 hr "show" which includes beer, just make sure you pay attention and leave after your hour is up it's right on the canal next to the Old Sailor bar and across from the Casa Rosa which is a live sex show

27 Awesome cat
11-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Banana Bar......you pay for the 1 hr "show" which includes beer, just make sure you pay attention and leave after your hour is up it's right on the canal next to the Old Sailor bar and across from the Casa Rosa which is a live sex show
Cool deal ,have not heard of that place till now:D

Steamin' Rice
11-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Amsterdam is great - The people there speak fluent English, and don't give you an attitude if you don't speak dutch.
For sightseeing - I'd go check out the Heineken tour, the Van Gough museum, and the Anne Frank House - Also, it's touristy, but take a canal tour if you have the time.
If you want to hang out and drink a beer, the coffee shops are good for that - The bulldog is a coffee shop/bar/internet cafe, and they have several locations around the city.
If you are with someone who knows the city, there are a few private clubs around that are pretty cool. You have to be on "the list" to get in, and you have to know somebody to get on the list.
Lots of bicycles everywhere.

27 Awesome cat
11-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Amsterdam is great - The people there speak fluent English, and don't give you an attitude if you don't speak dutch.
For sightseeing - I'd go check out the Heineken tour, the Van Gough museum, and the Anne Frank House - Also, it's touristy, but take a canal tour if you have the time.
If you want to hang out and drink a beer, the coffee shops are good for that - The bulldog is a coffee shop/bar/internet cafe, and they have several locations around the city.
If you are with someone who knows the city, there are a few private clubs around that are pretty cool. You have to be on "the list" to get in, and you have to know somebody to get on the list.
Lots of bicycles everywhere.
TY for the info. Looks like we have a ton of great places to see .:D

totenhosen
11-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Most coffee bars do not serve alcohol.

mrs. centurion
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
This place sounds like fun:D

Pete454
11-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Center of page is the Famous RED light District.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/pete454/old%20stuff/Amsterdam.jpg

Steamin' Rice
11-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Most coffee bars do not serve alcohol.
I must have just been lucky.. I think I always ended up at a Bulldog somewhere, and all of those served beer.

mrs. centurion
11-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Center of page is the Famous RED light District.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/pete454/old%20stuff/Amsterdam.jpg
TY for posting the pic...
I am so excited to go there:D

Pete454
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
No problem, take some warm clothes, it gets cold. I was there in 99 for 4 months, stayed in Leiden which is about 15 minutes from the airport. It is a lot of fun. The last time I was in holland my plane broke, an had to spend the night, was too tried from the job I was on to even go out. but if you have never expierenced it it is a blast.
We better see pics when you return!! And as for the live sex shows hagle with the door man, we usually made them give us 5 drinks and half price to get in.
And your stories will be no good without pics!!

mrs. centurion
11-20-2007, 10:38 AM
No problem, take some warm clothes, it gets cold. I was there in 99 for 4 months, stayed in Leiden which is about 15 minutes from the airport. It is a lot of fun. The last time I was in holland my plane broke, an had to spend the night, was too tried from the job I was on to even go out. but if you have never expierenced it it is a blast.
We better see pics when you return!! And as for the live sex shows hagle with the door man, we usually made them give us 5 drinks and half price to get in.
And your stories will be no good without pics!!
Thats what the hubby just yelled at me after looking at the weather:eek: Its a good thing I just bought tons of cold gear after being in Aspen this last week,we are going to need it over there.Its going to be cold for sure..
Thats some great info on the door man deal:D Kind of like how T.J used to be in the past.
We are staying in Winsor U.K for the first part of our trip then its off to Porchgal for a weekend,then off to the Dam:D
We will be taking tons of pictures for sure...

Pete454
11-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Portugal,
Is pretty good as well lots of great resturants and bars down on the water front in Lisbon. Been to about 45 different countries and have not been to one I didnt like! OK 1 Guyana, what a $hithole thank god was only there a month. and i have been to Iraq twice and rate it above guyana.

Classic Daycruiser
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
WWII stuff, windmills, wooden shoes, danishish pastries, indoor hydroponic gardens, and their Dyke system.

CPBRIAN10THMTN
11-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Its a mixing pot of different cultures, lots of cool pubs that I found there. I spent a weekend on r&r there, I don't really remember much, I remember I didn't sleep all weekend because there was always something fun or badass to see or do. Turns out you really can drink yourself sober. Oh yeah......absinthe is the $hiat, the stuff there is real too.:messedup:

Skullinator
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Is A Great Place To Hang Out Coffee Shop Down Stairs And A Bar Upstairs And The Women Are Fing Hot

Nordic35Flame
11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
THE BANANA BAR in the Red Light District is a MUST

photo chick
11-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Very fun place with lots to do, been several times. Check with the concierge at your hotel, he'll give you everything ;) you need. :D

Jbb
11-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Very fun place with lots to do
:p

cdog
11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Club Vandersexxx:D

27 Awesome cat
12-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Club Vandersexxx:D
That sounds like fun:D
Leaving to Portugal on wensday then off to the Dam:jawdrop: