PDA

View Full Version : Real or Fake

Her454
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
It's getting close to that time of year again.........
How many of you have a fake tree and how many go cut their own?
We used to go every year upcountry and cut our own but anymore I just do the fake one....complete with lights.
:D
Wow, it's coming up fast......:eek:

RitcheyRch
11-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Fake here

Trailer Park Casanova
11-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Fake here
Ditto.

Wet Dream
Fake. the clean up is so much easieer. But we get a real little one for the aroma.

DeltaSigBoater
We used to go every year upcountry and cut our own but anymore I just do the fake one....complete with lights.
Fake... the tree will eventually pay for itself. Real trees belong in the forest not my living room!

fat rat
11-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Real............no fake $hit in my house.:eek:

XtrmWakeborder
11-18-2007, 03:22 PM
This year it's fake I guess....:( Any good sprays or anything to get the smell? It's just not christmas without the smell.

OutCole'd
11-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Fake here. I like to have it set up for more than two weeks.

BoatPI
11-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Just like boobs, they look good either way.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
We always do real. When I was a kid, we'd go out in the forest and cut one down. Those are some great memories. Dad sliding the truck off the road and trying to put on chains after the fact :rolleyes: Walking for miles for the perfect tree for my perfectionist mother then realizing miles out that my brother didn't wear socks. My dad was so pissed! Ah, yes, the memories :D
This year, our friends going to Montana with us are bringing along a small fake tree for the condo, so that will be a first, but both families will bring a few ornaments to decorate it. It's going to be a great Christmas. :)

Her454
11-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes, I miss the memories too but since the kids are grown now...I want the smell but not the mess LOL.:D

OCMerrill
11-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Just like boobs, they look good either way.
At first I thought...Oh Yeah. Then as I read on....trees? Oh Trees.
Shit.
:D :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-18-2007, 04:21 PM
You're taking a fake tree to Montana? That's like taking Steak Umms to Ruth's Chris. ;)
LOL, you're right. That is called compromise. I do that once in a while :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Mrs.mmsw,i was just looking at your sig:( did the POS BNB say he was sorry for saying that?:mad:
Oh, that among other things. He personally attacked me and my marriage numerous times. Luckily, I have thick skin and don't take things personal. He doesn't know me. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-18-2007, 04:41 PM
he should say hes sorry or be baned:mad: (and he knows god?):(
He did apologize, Mark. In the "about last night" thread. Water under the bridge.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Trees, boobs, whatever :devil:

3 daytona`s
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I had expectations :idea: Bummer;)

OCMerrill
11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I had expectations :idea: Bummer;)
Well if nothing else good practice with the smiles.
Oh here....:D

Riverkid
11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Love the smell in the house. We used to have 15-20 footers when I was growing up. Hard to go with out doing the real tree in our place...

3 daytona`s
11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Well if nothing else good practice with the smiles.
Oh here....:D
? OCMerrill ?

soulboater#1
11-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Fake. No pine needles to clean up for the next 2 months after xmas.

HammerDown
11-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Fake. the clean up is so much easieer. But we get a real little one for the aroma.
Don't they sell that "aroma" in a can? :D

Nord
11-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Real.

Hardly Satisfied
11-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Fake

3 daytona`s
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Fake. No pine needles to clean up for the next 2 months after xmas.
there are not more homes burned down by real trees. I promise if ever see a drie pine tree burn it will get your attention.

RVRGIRL
11-18-2007, 06:15 PM
This year it will be our first fake tree.. This year it will be PINK...:)

75 spectra V-drive
11-18-2007, 06:16 PM
real I love the smell

AZKC
11-18-2007, 06:23 PM
He did apologize, Mark. In the "about last night" thread. Water under the bridge.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Trees, boobs, whatever :devil:
I vote BooBs:D
But as far as trees go we do fakeys;)

FOXMAN
11-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Real tree this year..(AGAIN) Ask me the same question the day after i drag the damn thing out of the house and have to clean up and i will say F*CK THIS we are getting a fake one next year!!!!!

Flyinbowtie
11-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Our tree selection ritual is steeped in family tradition, and marks the beginning of that Special Season.
It begins with my wife telling me for the 10th or so time that it is time to put up the tree and the damned decorations, which clutter up my den for a couple of weeks.
About the 10th time, I go get the damned ladder, and climb up into the attic to pick out the damned tree. We have two fake ones, because I ain't payin' a c-note for a dead tree, and I ain't goin' up-country to cut one down, it takes her all afternoon to decide which one of the SOB's she wants, and it is cold up there.
Anyway, after I find the things up in that mess, I stuff one tree-in-a-box down the hatch to her.
It don't make no difference which one I send down, the first one is always the wrong one. She sends it back up, and I get the other one sent down. Then we spend about 10 minutes shoving boxes of crap down the hatch so she can decorate the house and the tree. The house always looks nice. I do enjoy that.
I don't partake of the tree decoration deal, it always causes fights. I sit back and nod. Maybe try to find the one Fu$%ing bulb that is loose/burned out/etc in a string of 2 or 3 hundred, keeping the whole thing from working.
For me, Christmas always begins when I put up the giant inflateable Grinch out in the front yard. That feller and I are kin.
I watch Christmas Vacation, crack a bottle of Single Barrel.
I used to work a lot of Christmas Day shifts. One time, I'll never forget, one of the guys came in after finding he had to work, and looked like he won the lottery.
I said, "Hey Bob, your happy 'cause ya gotta work? That don't make no sense."
He replies, "hey Sarge, damn right I am happy. You know what Christmas is for me? Christmas is my wife spending a buttload of money on gifts for people I don't like, and then instead of staying home, we drive all damn day to go give them the gifts and I hafta eat dinner with them. Hell yes I'd rather be at work"
It made sense in some twisted way.

Throttle
11-18-2007, 09:14 PM
no tree this year, not gonna b home to enjoy it...
nothing like the smell of a real tree though
however, i love the way the fake ones look and feel....

YeLLowBoaT
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM
didn't put one up last year, and I don't think I will put one up this year...I prefer real. I hate thanksgiving and Xmas...I always end up working. Never seems to fail I get a call about something not working and they need to get it fixed right now as they have company over.
Bah humbug :) :D

wolfie
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Fake when we go out of town for Christmas and real if we stay in town. This year it'll be a fake one.
As far as the boobs...she has real ones.:D

mjc
11-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Fake,got a 1960's aluminum tree with a color wheel. As fake as you can get.

Her454
11-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Fake,got a 1960's aluminum tree with a color wheel. As fake as you can get.
My parents had one of the those in the late 60's. I loved it then...and I can't imagine why!:eek: YUCK.:rolleyes: :D

justfloatn
11-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Real. Only because they are free:D
Father-in-law has a tree farm in Placerville. Sort-of. He started it about 20 years ago and never maintained it. It now has about 300 overgrown trees on it. I keep telling him I'll haul a D-9 up there and level that mess. :devil:

boatsntoys
11-19-2007, 09:47 AM
real are nice, but they all start to droop and hang as they get older. Now we have fake ones, the tips stay up no matter how many balls you hang on them.

~FM
11-24-2007, 01:23 PM
When I lived in Ontario I always had a real tree even after I left home. First few years in Vancouver I didn't bother with a tree at all. With my ex-husband he already had a fake tree. Today I bought a 2 1/2 foot short fake tree. It's still in the box. It's weird for me that this is my first tree on my own here in Vancouver (been here since '93). :D Jacob will enjoy it regardless - he's never had a real one. :)
The one thing that I won't miss about having fake instead of real is the mess. :cool:

ahhell
11-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Im finally getting back into the Chrsitmas spirit this year and the wifey wants to get a plastic tree...WTF...I grew up with a plastic tree, ( 600 bucks in 1980 bought a beaut, Clark) But since we got married its ALWAYS been a real tree. This year I get ..."i want a plastic tree, its not messy and you dont help clean up anyway"...the house is all tile, I'll just break out the leaf blower and have at it......I lost...K-Mart tree it is
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HCS
11-24-2007, 01:54 PM
We do real trees, always go to a tree farm and cut a tree.
Mostly because of the little boy in my house, he loves the event.
I like to put it right next to the fireplace, when you burn a fire the ambience is awesome!

photo chick
11-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Unlike the boobs....my trees are fake. :) I have two, one for the livingroom and one for the familyroom. One is decorated to a T and the other is all

Jbb
11-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Unlike the boobs....my trees are fake. I have two, one for the livingroom and one for the familyroom. One is decorated to a T and the other is all ornaments that people have given me or I've made. I won't be putting up wither one this year though.
wither one?

Jbb
11-24-2007, 02:04 PM
like the boobs? I have two
:D :D

photo chick
11-24-2007, 02:13 PM
wither one?
either.....scuze me!!! :D
:D :D
I love when you change my posts :mad:

jdf
11-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Our tree selection ritual is steeped in family tradition, and marks the beginning of that Special Season.
It begins with my wife telling me for the 10th or so time that it is time to put up the tree and the damned decorations, which clutter up my den for a couple of weeks.
About the 10th time, I go get the damned ladder, and climb up into the attic to pick out the damned tree. We have two fake ones, because I ain't payin' a c-note for a dead tree, and I ain't goin' up-country to cut one down, it takes her all afternoon to decide which one of the SOB's she wants, and it is cold up there.
Anyway, after I find the things up in that mess, I stuff one tree-in-a-box down the hatch to her.
It don't make no difference which one I send down, the first one is always the wrong one. She sends it back up, and I get the other one sent down. Then we spend about 10 minutes shoving boxes of crap down the hatch so she can decorate the house and the tree. The house always looks nice. I do enjoy that.
I don't partake of the tree decoration deal, it always causes fights. I sit back and nod. Maybe try to find the one Fu$%ing bulb that is loose/burned out/etc in a string of 2 or 3 hundred, keeping the whole thing from working.
For me, Christmas always begins when I put up the giant inflateable Grinch out in the front yard. That feller and I are kin.
I watch Christmas Vacation, crack a bottle of Single Barrel.
I used to work a lot of Christmas Day shifts. One time, I'll never forget, one of the guys came in after finding he had to work, and looked like he won the lottery.
I said, "Hey Bob, your happy 'cause ya gotta work? That don't make no sense."
He replies, "hey Sarge, damn right I am happy. You know what Christmas is for me? Christmas is my wife spending a buttload of money on gifts for people I don't like, and then instead of staying home, we drive all damn day to go give them the gifts and I hafta eat dinner with them. Hell yes I'd rather be at work"
It made sense in some twisted way. i must agree here as i have worked dam near every x-mas in the last 20 yrs this is the one time my loving wife get's pissed at me the most and i sleep on the couch .......so it's off to work i go

Sleeper CP
11-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh, that among other things. He personally attacked me and my marriage numerous times. Luckily, I have thick skin and don't take things personal. He doesn't know me. :D
Thick skin:confused: I heard you were the :devil: Oh, maybe we shouldn't go there:idea:
The tree will be real. With an 8 & 11 yr old in the house I don'y think I'll have a choice.
I should ask later and see what they say:idea:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Jbb
11-24-2007, 02:20 PM
I love when you change my posts :mad:
:p

Moose
11-24-2007, 02:20 PM
We used to always get real trees, but a few years ago we bought a fake tree. When we found the tree we couldn't believe how real and full the tree looked. When we got the tree home, we realized it was a little too full (round) to fit in our tradtional "Tree Spot". Now when we put up the tree, I leave the back half of the tree off and put it up tight against the wall. I call it my "Tree Hugger":D . Most of the time people don't even notice that it's only a half of a tree.
Moose

Caribbean Jet
11-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Fake,
For a couple of reasons
1. When I worked in the retail business I had one or more families coming in and buying new stuff because their house burned down.
2. I finally sold my wife on the idea :) 2 years ago when we took out tree to the desert after Christmas and lets just say it only took about 15 seconds for that thing to burn to the ground.

~FM
11-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Fake,
For a couple of reasons
2. I finally sold my wife 2 years ago
:sqeyes: I had to read the rest of it a few times :D

BLEWBAYOU1
11-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Hello Tracy: One each for me!
Brian

wolfie
11-24-2007, 05:19 PM
2. I finally sold my wife 2 years ago
How much did you get for her. If it was profitable I might do the same!:D

Sleeper CP
11-24-2007, 05:27 PM
How much did you get for her. If it was profitable I might do the same!:D
Probably took a loss, the depreciation is a bitch;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

stoker22405
11-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Real ......its a bit messy but that fresh smell is worth it...

stoker22405
11-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Fake here. I like to have it set up for more than two weeks.
Quit buying the cheap ones.....

TCHB
11-25-2007, 06:00 AM
We have had a fake for about 5 years and would not go back to a real tree. It looks real real, does not shed, you can keep it up longer, no fire danger, and it is easy to put up and take down.

Boozer
11-25-2007, 10:12 AM
My parents and most of my family have done fake trees for as long as I can remember. I haven't done a tree in a couple years but my room mate and gf are both b*tching about Christmas not being Christmas without a real tree.
I'm a man of compromise so real it is this year. Since I am a man of compromise though I decided that I'd do a real tree to please the masses and make it 100% bronco themed to please me.
My room mate is a Chargers fan and GF is a Pat's fan so this is going to be a fun Christmas. Neither the room mate or GF believe me about the Bronco
Tree. Think they'll take me more seriously when I show up @ home tonight with a real tree and a whole bunch of Orange and Blue ornaments?

Caribbean Jet
11-25-2007, 11:51 AM
:sqeyes: I had to read the rest of it a few times :D
oops, I guess that was a slip up, I hope that she didn't see that. She may want some of the cash.... :D

Sleek-Jet
11-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Sleek Jet doesn't know it yet, but we're going to go and get a fake tree with all the lights. That should put my scrooge in a good mood :D
growing up we always had fake trees...easier for both the kids and the dogs :) besides, my mom LOVES the holidays. We had a tree in the living room, dining room, family room, and basement...each decorated differently. I can only image the amount of vacuuming had they been real :eek:

Sleek-Jet
11-25-2007, 12:30 PM
and crap! I (bshybvrgirl) just posted from Sleek's account. sorry sleek :D :D :D

AZKC
11-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Jeez girl, pay attention:D I was wondering how he was posting from the plane:confused:
We just slapped up our new prelit fakey, looks pretty good actually:) Even got some outside lights up, trying to talk myself out of putting more:idea: I have about 1000-1200 left if I wanted to go Griswald:D
http://www.theodoresworld.net/pcfreezone/ChristmasLightsImage2.jpg

~FM
11-25-2007, 01:18 PM
oops, I guess that was a slip up, I hope that she didn't see that. She may want some of the cash.... :D
What cash? :confused: ;) ;)

wolfie
11-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Probably took a loss, the depreciation is a bitch;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
I think even with the loss I'd still be ahead!!!!

bchbum
11-25-2007, 09:45 PM
we get a real tree every year , the girls are only 12 & want it . I love going to the tree lot , picking out one & just tossing it into the bed of the truck . All the while people are tying trees on top of their imports , or making them fit inside .

Sleeper CP
11-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I think even with the loss I'd still be ahead!!!!
We find ourselves in the same boat, it would seem.:)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

EAZYKILLER2006
11-25-2007, 10:01 PM
fake in both homes, wouldnt want an accidental fire:) when we arent around... we leave the tree lights on

djunkie
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Real!!!!!!!!!!!!
My grandparents own a Christmas tree farm. I could never and will never own a fake tree. :mad: :mad:

catman-do
11-26-2007, 07:36 AM
We do REAL. Its an 11 footer. Just cut it down yesterday after getting back from Glamis!
SWB- How does 600 tree break even in 3 years???? Our 11' cut down tree (not a tree lot) only costs $89.... Do you get like a 15 footer?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
We do REAL. Its an 11 footer. Just cut it down yesterday after getting back from Glamis!
SWB- How does 600 tree break even in 3 years???? Our 11' cut down tree (not a tree lot) only costs $89.... Do you get like a 15 footer?
He's a baller and gives the kids a C-note for a tip.

Instigators
11-26-2007, 07:21 PM
I have a short attention span and a one track mind. I thought this thread was about something different. :devil: Carry on and I'll continue lurking for cheap pics elsewhere.:D

thatguy
11-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Fake, or nothing. Last real one the genious's (Wife and her kids) put a towel under the tree blanket. It soaked up all the water the little bastards were too lazy to clean up when they watered (slopped) it. Well, 2K dollars in hardwood damage from the wet towel sealed that deal.
I am never home for christmas and sadly have lost all interest in it. "Gifts" that I am obligated to pay for. Given to thankless fockers who judge you by the gift.
What about the other 364 days in the year? Judge me on that, not by one day.
Thats what I told Debbie on our first Christmas together 4 years ago. She understands now what I mean.
Not being a "scrooge" here. I just think it should be Christmas everyday, not one day. I don't need a calander to celebrate Jesus' birth, or a retailer to enable Me to show that I care.
I think I am entering my "Holiday" funk.:(
Tommy

Instigators
11-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Fake, or nothing. Last real one the genious's (Wife and her kids) put a towel under the tree blanket. It soaked up all the water the little bastards were too lazy to clean up when they watered (slopped) it. Well, 2K dollars in hardwood damage from the wet towel sealed that deal.
I am never home for christmas and sadly have lost all interest in it. "Gifts" that I am obligated to pay for. Given to thankless fockers who judge you by the gift.
What about the other 364 days in the year? Judge me on that, not by one day.
Thats what I told Debbie on our first Christmas together 4 years ago. She understands now what I mean.
Not being a "scrooge" here. I just think it should be Christmas everyday, not one day. I don't need a calander to celebrate Jesus' birth, or a retailer to enable Me to show that I care.
I think I am entering my "Holiday" funk.:(
Tommy
Damn. Either you need a fresh Spiked EggNog or your a mean drunk.:confused: I hear that if you drink enough of them nobody will care either way.:D

thatguy
11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Damn. Either you need a fresh Spiked EggNog or your a mean drunk.:confused: I hear that if you drink enough of them nobody will care either way.:D
Nah, I'm not a drunk at all. Just see so many a-holes who think one day makes up for a year of being a jerk.
You know what I mean, Church on Sunday, screw your' business partner on Monday, mistress on Tuesday, Church on wednsday, abuse your wife on Thursday, Mistress again on Friday..etc.etc.
I hate that shit and see it all the time. Christmas just seems to make it more obvious to me.
How many of you know someone that lies and cheats on their own family and friends, then stands there on Christmas bearing gifts and acting like Husband and Father of the year?
I guess what I mean is that Christmas in particular really makes me see the hypocrisy in a lot of people. I know that most people are "good" at heart, especially HB peeps!:D
But I hate freaking posers and that one day really makes them feel good about themselves, which is all they care about anyway.
Christmas day is really for the kids, and it should be a great day for them. Nothing compares all year for them. But being a God fearing (or whatever) caring and giving adult is a year round responsibility and many do not do that.
That is what bums me out about Christmas.
I think what is nawing at me is a guy I work with (I am his boss) openly cheats on his wife and chats on-line on a singles site. He works away from home, like I do. Today he carried on about how he wants christmas off with his wife and 2 year old son. That family should be together on Christmas and all that. I almost puked. Told him go home today and stay there, ran his ass off on the spot. :(
Tommy