PDA

View Full Version : Glamis Accident..

mbrown2
11-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I know we have a lot of duners on the board along with some Fireman..
Very tragic accident this weekend at Glamis...I did not know any of the folks involved but they were close friends of some of close river friends.
If you want to help in anyway, follow the link:
http://p207.ezboard.com/Tragic-news/ffirepolicemxfrm1.showMessage?topicID=5492.topic
There is also a thread on gd.com....
Just tragic...:(

BajaMike
11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
So sad.....sorry for the parents and those involved.....

cave
11-19-2007, 04:36 AM
Thats always been my biggest fear there. Very sad event to start the biggest dune weekend out.:(

JetBoatRich
11-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Very sad news, young lives lost:mad: our heart goes out to the family

73kona455
11-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Very sad news.. :(

thatguy
11-19-2007, 05:19 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :(
I have no words.

RitcheyRch
11-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-19-2007, 05:44 AM
It can be a dangerous place.
Best place to pass is under the tracks at the Boardmanville trail wash entrance.
Lots of trains, all the time.
Sorry to read it.
Sad event.

Her454
11-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Very very sad. My heart goes out to those families. :( :(

Miss Perfect
11-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Wow, how very sad :(

catman-do
11-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Sad to hear... Wonder what they were on, that they couldnt go under the tracks? Ive noticed alot of patrol down around that area that watches for people crossing over the tracks illegally and they write people up.

racecar.hotshoe
11-19-2007, 08:55 AM
We were there this stuff blows.People you need to stop letting kids go out on there own.16 is still a kid.Our heart and prayers go out to all involved.Dont forget to pray for the engineer of that train aswell.

racecar.hotshoe
11-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Sad to hear... Wonder what they were on, that they couldnt go under the tracks? Ive noticed alot of patrol down around that area that watches for people crossing over the tracks illegally and they write people up.
They were on a Rhino....

Trailer Park Casanova
11-19-2007, 08:59 AM
They were on a Rhino....
That is so tragic.
If the underpass is too shallow, then crossing at the Hwy / Beach store is best or not at all.
The trains move pretty frequently, some fast and the RR vech are in a hurry too.

mbrown2
11-19-2007, 09:04 AM
They were on a Rhino...
Some folks on GD.com came up on the accident right after the train had stopped.
This is the accident thread
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=121819&st=125&start=125

boatsnblondes
11-19-2007, 09:05 AM
I promised myself I was gonna stay away for a while...but I HAVE to say something to this...Glamis dunes are named after Glamis SIDING. There is a siding there, and when I ran through there on a daily basis, it was a madhouse all the time. This was my worst nightmare, as kids jumped quads in front of me, and raced along the ballast in front of me, and drove in front of me, like these two kids did. PLEASE tell everyone that Glamis is a siding, located right there at the main crossing, and even if you see one train in the siding, one is on it's way from SOMEWHERE...best way to tell is if one is stopped, they are waiting for someone....ALWAYS tell your kids to WAIT at the crossing for a minute or so, see what happens. My heart goes out to those families, you have no idea...please teach your kids all you can about staying away from those rails, some of those trains are doing all of 70 mph, and the Amtrak trains are doing 80!! During the Holiday season, UP MAY or MAY not impose a slow order, making all train restriced to whatever speed they decide, along with a whistle order, meaning blow the whistle all the way through Glamis..but that is only for the Holidays, NOT for the other times...so be careful, LISTEN to everything out there, and be patient, don't be in a hurry to get across.....lots of people have lost thier lives thinking becuase one train was past, they could go, only to be hit by another train on an adjacent track.....be well, be safe, look, LISTEN, and live.....:(

Cole Trickle
11-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Sad:(
When are people gonna realize to not mess with trains?
Seems like this happens 1-2 times every year.....Can they put up more signs or a fence that will keep people away?:idea:

RVRKID
11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
So sad... I am friends with one of the firefighters from that station. What a tragic event. RIP

LHC30Victory
11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
The mom of Jacob and Amanda worked with me before I retired from Glendora PD. I couldnt believe that such a terrible tragedy could hit so close to home, but I called and confirmed it. The loss of one child is devistating, but to have the remaining child in such dire straits is unimaginable. Please keep these families in your prayers.

Baja Big Dog
11-19-2007, 09:36 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :(
I have no words.
AMEN!!!!

Big Warlock
11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Godspeed!

Parker Dreamin
11-19-2007, 09:54 AM
It rips my heart to hear this, thoughts and prayers with the family and little ones.

dunaholic
11-19-2007, 11:00 AM
That is so tragic.
If the underpass is too shallow, then crossing at the Hwy / Beach store is best or not at all.
The trains move pretty frequently, some fast and the RR vech are in a hurry too.
From what I understand, they were crossing at the road near the Beach store.

Brewzed
11-19-2007, 11:08 AM
My daughter is friends with the best friend of the girl that driving. She was a cheerleader at Norco High School. I guess 1 train was stopped near the crossing, the crossing arms were down. She drove around the arms and was hit by a train that was moving. I guess she couldn't see it coming due to the 1 train being stopped.

MRSDRMCAT
11-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Can't even try to imagine how horrible this must be for everyone involved!! Will keep everyone in our families thoughts and prayers!!

Miss Throttle
11-19-2007, 11:46 AM
My daughter is friends with the best friend of the girl that driving. She was a cheerleader at Norco High School. I guess 1 train was stopped near the crossing, the crossing arms were down. She drove around the arms and was hit by a train that was moving. I guess she couldn't see it coming due to the 1 train being stopped.
Sooo sad!!! thoughts and prayer go out to the families. :(
What was her last name? I graduated from Norco High.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
From what I understand, they were crossing at the road near the Beach store.
Sorry to read it.
Godspeed to them.
Eyes wide open.

Tremor Therapy
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
You know, I can remember back in the 80's watching people mess with the train, and I always thought that they were fools. :mad:
This is so sad, I can't even imagine the pain. RIP children, and may the lord help these families in their time of need. :(

racecar.hotshoe
11-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Amanda the 16 year old who was the last of the three pasted this morning God speed to the familys.

squirt'nmyload
11-23-2007, 02:21 PM
what a horrible thing these families are now going through.
one night i was coming into glamis and came up on that crossing with the train stopped halfway in the road with the arms down. after waiting there for about 25 minutes i said screw this, i'm going around. stupid idea but i was smart enough to have my friend walk out to the stopped train first to try to talk to the conducter or at least try to see if one was coming on the other tracks that were behind the stopped train. sure as shit as soon as he got out of the truck, a train came through on the other tracks.

lalhc
11-23-2007, 03:36 PM
My brother-n-law told me about this yesterday. He works w/the father of the boys and will be covering some of his upcoming shifts. I cannot imagine what they're going through.

OCMerrill
11-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I used to frequent Glamis 2-3x per month for 10+ years. Although we have been out of it for the past 4 years it still feels very much like my backyard.
Words just simply cannot describe....so very very sad. Chirdren...so very precious. I could just not imagine loosing one of mine. Life is VERY fragile.
There is some donation info in that GD thread posted. Apparently there might be some financial issues that exist and maybe we can help. Tonight I will read the entire thread and post it here.
May God Speed....and heal the hurting.:(

finsfan4life
11-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Ran numerous 911 calls with those guys at LA COUNTY FS #4 when I worked the Rosemead area, God Bless, our prayers are with you and your families....

Wet Dream
11-25-2007, 12:39 PM
We were there this stuff blows.People you need to stop letting kids go out on there own.16 is still a kid.Our heart and prayers go out to all involved.Dont forget to pray for the engineer of that train aswell.
WTF??? They can drive a car, but you think they should not be able to dune? Come on. Thats f'ing rediculous. Yes, its very tragic, but to say that a 16 year old shouldn't be out there fumes me.

LOWRIVER2
11-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I was out there. The kids were going to boardmanville to meet up with the parents. The rhino wedged under the engine stopped at wash three meaning the engineer was on the brakes a ways before the collision.
The new rhinos have stickers stating the driver must be 16. This child made a tragic decision that has happened many times before. There's a video floating around on the net of a guy who's jeep got stuck crossing from the washes, gets hit, and kills his wife and young daughter who was strapped to the front of the jeep(!).
As stated many times over, no matter what age, treat RR crossings with respect and extreme caution.
Seeing those three crosses at wash three should remind all of us to send home the importance of safe driving to all ages.
I also heard Jeannie from Boardmanville is having her tractor dig out the wash 10 "tunnel" to allow rhinos to fit, did'nt see it but if so, congrats to her.
That being said, My prayers go out to the Bestwick and Gonzalez family, I have been told one of the siblings of the three was behind on a quad and administered first aid to the children. Top notch families by all accounts.

AZJD
11-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Was there friday and saturday and noticed that the trainwere moving through there around 30-40mph.
Just figured it was due to the accident or the crowd numbers.
Very sad incident that had everyone in the washes keeping the kids much closer.