PDA

View Full Version : Who else HATES Thanksgiving dinner?

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 07:30 AM
DAMN, I am so sick to death of the same turkey, mash potato's, green beens, Etc. Twice a year for the last 39 years. Fill like the wifes dogs eating the same thing over, over, and over. Planing on driving through burger king, Or grabing a pizza on the way over to mom and dads...that should impress:D

IMPATIENT 1
11-20-2007, 07:33 AM
we change up yr to yr. last yr we did mexican food, i think this yr. we're doin seafood(shrimp, fish, etc.). turkey gets old , i agree on that!

photo chick
11-20-2007, 07:33 AM
:yuk: I agree!! No cooking for me this year, my mom and I are going to find a nice restaraunt to cook for us! And it won't be turkey!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-20-2007, 07:35 AM
We just decided that we are going to forget the traditional turkey dinner and we are going to bbq some steaks and chicken and grilled veggies and stuff. :)
I have never been a big fan of turkey in the first place.
Thanksgiving is all about goodtimes with your friends and family anyways...not turkey.
:D

vdrivenman
11-20-2007, 07:36 AM
we usually save the turkey and trimmings for Christmas.
we do Tex Mex or Cajun,gumbo,etoufee(sp).lotta's wine!
that way we don'tget burnt out on it!

Tremor Therapy
11-20-2007, 07:37 AM
You just need to vary the menu! We are having a ribeye roast with garlic/rosemary roasted baby potatoes, asparagas with hollandaise, a killer mixed greens salad, homemade biscuits and a pineapple upside down cake for dessert! :D
But I am with you on the turkey....I don't ever need to have another one. :rolleyes:

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 07:42 AM
We just decided that we are going to forget the traditional turkey dinner and we are going to bbq some steaks and chicken and grilled veggies and stuff. :)
I have never been a big fan of turkey in the first place.
Thanksgiving is all about goodtimes with your friends and family anyways...not turkey.
I agree 100%... seems like the only time we can get the whole family together is Thanksgiving, and that getting harder and harder. Mexico food might just be the ticket.... hmmmmm Taco bell:D

NOTALENT
11-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Your all on crack!!!!:D Turkey day dinner never gets old for me, shit its but 1 week a year I get to eat like a king with all the fixins!!! Im sure to take advantage of it! All my favorite foods on one table.....yoooowzas!:D

Sleeper CP
11-20-2007, 07:48 AM
DAMN, I am so sick to death of the same turkey, mash potato's, green beens, Etc. Twice a year for the last 39 years. Fill like the wifes dogs eating the same thing over, over, and over. Planing on driving through burger king, Or grabing a pizza on the way over to mom and dads...that should impress:D
No need to be a hater, just mix up the menu. Mexican, Prime Rib, Roast beef, King Crab Leggs, Steaks and Honey Baked Ham we have done them all and have a small turkey too.
I haven't done it for a while so this year I'm going to "smoke" a turkey and do some Baby back ribs to go along with it. Lots of work but the pay off is great.
Have a great day what ever you do.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

AZJD
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM
No way! I can't wait for the Honey baked ham and sweet potatoes....
Bring it on!
I had never tried sweet potatoes until this year.....WTF was I thinking? I have some catching up to do, and I intend on doing it Thursday!:D
Happy Turkey Day everyone.

snake321
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM
The only good thing that comes out of it is I got the house cleaned by threatening the kids with having to call their grandfather with the house burned down excuse if it didn't get done. Now the house is cleaned and I'll work out in the garage all day...

photo chick
11-20-2007, 07:56 AM
No need to be a hater, just mix up the menu. Mexican, Prime Rib, Roast beef, King Crab Leggs, Steaks and Honey Baked Ham we have done them all and have a small turkey too.
I haven't done it for a while so this year I'm going to "smoke" a turkey and do some Baby back ribs to go along with it. Lots of work but the pay off is great.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
wow Thanksgiving at your house sounds great, what time should mom and I be there? ;)

phebus
11-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Tried to talk my wife into spaghetti this year. She looked at me like I was the Anti-Christ or something. :mad:

BigDutch
11-20-2007, 08:17 AM
On that note, the hating thanksgiving part, whats going to open on thanksgiving day around Irvine. Like resturant wise. We might try to hit the big fish tank thingy in Long beach(we have a two year old) on thurs but might need a back up plan.
We are headed to Irvine with our nephew for a soccer turney while his older brotherand rest o his family goes to a turney in saddy eggo.

riverfun
11-20-2007, 08:22 AM
but a couple years ago we added prime rib and it is by far the favorite (13lbs. this year!:eek: ) turkey is now just for looks, tradition etc. I think everybody gets at least one token piece.:D

Baja Big Dog
11-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
What time is dinner??? Were headed to Mex on Sat, leave some left overs next to the freeway!!!

HocusPocus
11-20-2007, 08:28 AM
i look forward to it. the wife makes all my favorite side dishes and i get some tasty sandwiches for a couple of days afterwards. now i can't stand the smell of a cooking turkey, it makes me want to puke. so we cook it in the guest house out back.

little rowe boat
11-20-2007, 08:30 AM
It's my favorite holiday. I can't wait for the meal. It never gets old.mmmm good.

Jbb
11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Yummy!
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43516&stc=1&d=1195576424

Ziggy
11-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Yummy!
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43516&stc=1&d=1195576424
Thanks Brian, I'll have the drumstick please :D

Jbb
11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
It would be nice to have the entire ***boat family eat Thanksgiving together.....That would be alot of turkeys...of course Brown would probably do something to piss everybody off...:D

BarryMac
11-20-2007, 09:19 AM
It would be nice to have the entire ***boat family eat Thanksgiving together.....That would be alot of turkeys...
Just imagine all the breasts that would be at the Table... :D

Mandelon
11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Tried to talk my wife into spaghetti this year. She looked at me like I was the Anti-Christ or something. :mad:
YOU ARE!!!!! :D

Dave C
11-20-2007, 09:26 AM
every family has that one relative that everyone expects to make an ass out of themselves... not much you can do but hide the liquor:D
It would be nice to have the entire ***boat family eat Thanksgiving together.....That would be alot of turkeys...of course Brown would probably do something to piss everybody off...:D

ratso
11-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. My dad's side of the family gets together every year and as far as most of these people (huge family) it's the only time we get to see each other and catch up. Tons of food and fixings... it's the best. Doesn't hurt that I have some really hot ass cousins to hang out with...:D

77Woodbridge
11-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I agree, we're trying Turducken this year with a spiral cut ham.

~FM
11-20-2007, 09:33 AM
LMFAO! :D Got tears! :D

ZBODaytona
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
hot cousins...are you sure your from TX....hope they a thrid or by marriage.....

AzLakeLizard
11-20-2007, 09:43 AM
The past 3 years We have had the Family Thanksgiving out on Lake Powell, 2 houseboats and tons of food! This year it will be just one BIG houseboat and one turkey will be done in the oven and the other will be done on the BBQ, Spiral Ham for those who want it, wild rice salad, amaretto Yams and lots of good sippys. :D
We do the Prime Rib dinners normally on Christmas and then Eggs Benedict for our New Years or Christmas morning Breakfast... YUMMY:)

DeltaSigBoater
11-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanksgiving Sucks!!!
First off I cannot stand turkey, everyone I've ever known has over cooked the damn thing. If I didn't eat a lot of it on TGD, what makes you think I want to eat it for the next week!
Second I love pork; ribs, bacon, chops, sausage, but hate ham.
Greenbean Casserole - Did you all know that 3:10 people in the US are allergic to mushrooms and most do not realize it?
Gravy – A packet of turkey gravy mix, a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup, and chicken broth is not gravy, its soup! Gravy should be made with the drippings from the turkey in the roasting pan.
Cranberry Sauce from a can, need I say more?
Stuffing is cooked inside the turkey. Dressing is cooked on the stove or in the oven. Regardless of the name Stove Top Stuffing, is actually dressing!
Turkey & Drowsiness – Heavy consumption of turkey meat which results in drowsiness is an urban myth. Tryptophan - an amino acid in contained turkey meat which as been know to causes drowsiness in laboratory animals. While turkey does contain high levels of tryptophan, the amount is comparable to that contained in most other meats, sedation may has more to do with what is consumed along with the turkey, and in particular carbohydrates, rather than the turkey itself.
Pies – You’ve had 51 weeks to practice, the day of is not the time to get all Martha Stewart like and make a pie from scratch.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Well if you and the boys think you can do better then a turkey. Give all the women a break and cook them a nice dinner. excluding a drive thru. :D

ratso
11-20-2007, 10:26 AM
hot cousins...are you sure your from TX....hope they a thrid or by marriage.....
I do admire beauty, related or not.;)

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 10:42 AM
wth???? Is this a spoiled generation or what!!!!!
guess you are not a POW, or ever had to go hungry
Give thanks my friend, if not to the bird, but to your parents
for not being drug addict or acholics and providing so much
for you for all these years that spoiled you to no end

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
WOW.... typical ***boat mis-read. NEVER said wasn't thankful to my parents for hosting dinner, thankful they raised me in a loving home and never lacked anything, never stated wasn't thankful for my beautiful wife and two wounder full children. IF you read what was said, it said the DINNER. Don't read more into nothing "K" ;)

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Here's what I had for thanksgiv'n when I was 10yrs old
a big bowl of boiled rice,
I put some in two smaller bowls
I went to one neighbor and borrowed some butter
and another and borrowed some sugar
I had the buttered rice for the main corse
and the sugared rice for dessert
mom drank a fifth of wild turkey

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-20-2007, 10:53 AM
How on earth does his dislike for turkey make him spoiled??? :rolleyes: If you would have kept reading the thread, you would see where he pointed out Thanksgiving is all about friends and family.
Lighten up Francis!

uLtRADeNniS
11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Turkey and Ham suck!
How about some Tri-Tip or a New York Steak or both with a huge baked potato with all the fixins..and some garlic bread and steamed veggies and bakes beans, beers and hot dogs wrapped in bacon, artichoke dip and mac and cheese. . Then toss out that stupid pumpkin pie and replace it with a peice of chocolate cake and some Ben and Jerry's ice cream!! ..Now thats a good meal.

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
How on earth does his dislike for turkey make him spoiled??? :rolleyes: If you would have kept reading the thread, you would see where he pointed out Thanksgiving is all about friends and family.
Lighten up Francis!
yeah what she said :D :D
maybe if Mr. Force over loads on the turkey, The tryptophan will do us all good:D

djunkie
11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
MMMMMM!!!!!!! Turkey!!!!!!!!! :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43524&stc=1&d=1195585148
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43525&stc=1&d=1195585148
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43526&stc=1&d=1195585148

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Turkey and Ham suck!
How about some Tri-Tip or a New York Steak or both with a huge baked potato with all the fixins..and some garlic bread and steamed veggies and bakes beans, beers and hot dogs wrapped in bacon, artichoke dip and mac and cheese. . Then toss out that stupid pumpkin pie and replace it with a peice of chocolate cake and some Ben and Jerry's ice cream!! ..Now thats a good meal.
IM coming to your house... that sounds like the ticket! Have you had the seasoned Tri-tips at Costco? insane good.

Ziggy
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
The past 3 years We have had the Family Thanksgiving out on Lake Powell, 2 houseboats and tons of food! This year it will be just one BIG houseboat and one turkey will be done in the oven and the other will be done on the BBQ, Spiral Ham for those who want it, wild rice salad, amaretto Yams and lots of good sippys. :D
We do the Prime Rib dinners normally on Christmas and then Eggs Benedict for our New Years or Christmas morning Breakfast... YUMMY:)
Got room on that ship?? :D:D:D:D

Jbb
11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Is that what they're supposed to look like....?
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43525&d=1195585141

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 11:03 AM
the post reads "who else HATES thanksgiving dinner?
then goes on to complain about what his mother fix's each year!!!
wonder if his Mom would adopt Me!!! she sounds like a Real Good MOM

Swoop
11-20-2007, 11:03 AM
I should have read the whole post haha

Ziggy
11-20-2007, 11:04 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43524&stc=1&d=1195585148
I thought your Rhino was green?? ;) :D:D
Looks fuggin delish, making me hungry even though it looks like it was done in the rear of JiffyLube

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
the post reads "who else HATES thanksgiving dinner?
then goes on to complain about what his moter fix's each year!!!
wonder if his Mom would adopt Me!!! she sounds like a Real Good MOM
yeah your right..... DINNER meaning the food, not the family. Gezzzz why do you allway have to stir up shit on here. You must be an unhappy sole. You need a hug? try Craigslist;)

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
how about this, print this page and give it to your MOM,
let her say what it says

AzLakeLizard
11-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Got room on that ship?? :D:D:D:D
Come on over.. the more the merrier!...:D :D :D
We will head out on the water Tomorrow afternoon and come back in Sunday afternoon!;)

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 11:11 AM
yeah your right..... DINNER meaning the food, not the family. Gezzzz why do you allway have to stir up shit on here. You must be an unhappy sole. You need a hug? try Craigslist;)
You are right, I'm very jealous of you!!!, And I would love to be able to go to my mom and dads as you do and get a hug and sit down with family that love
one another, you are a very rich person. sorry for the attack

djunkie
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Is that what they're supposed to look like....?
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43525&d=1195585141
It was a big bird. On the smaller ones the skin doesn't burn as bad. But damm its good as hell. :D :D

Jbb
11-20-2007, 11:13 AM
lol (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=National_Lampoons_Christmas_Vacation&quote=olderkids.txt&file=olderkids.mp3)
That there is an RV (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=National_Lampoons_Christmas_Vacation&quote=tenament.txt&file=tenament.mp3)

djunkie
I thought your Rhino was green?? ;) :D:D
Looks fuggin delish, making me hungry even though it looks like it was done in the rear of JiffyLube
That was at my old work before I got a lazy mans job. I use to deep fry a turkey there a few times a year. Damm i got fat working at that place. :D :D

AzLakeLizard
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43525&stc=1&d=1195585148
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43526&stc=1&d=1195585148
Yumm.. one of these days we will get a turkey fryer.. (can use if for our Primes.. and a fish fry too.. woohoo.. start planning the parties):D

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
how about this, print this page and give it to your MOM,
let her say what it says
SINCE your so interested in my personal up bringing.... Mom was over to our house this morning. I was kidding with her that im bringing Burger King. She would be 100% OK with it, as long as her boys and grand children are together. There NOW, do you fill better about my and many others dislike for the same old meal twice a year for years? Damn brother get off your soap box.
ya know, when I orig posted this I knew some blow hard would twist this in some weird way.

djunkie
11-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Yumm.. one of these days we will get a turkey fryer.. (can use if for our Primes.. and a fish fry too.. woohoo.. start planning the parties):D
They're awesome. I just bought a new one. We used to deep all kinds of stuff. Hell i used to throw a few whole chickens in there. They were always great. We even used to make huge batches of chicken soup in it. :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2007, 11:16 AM
You Know Thanksgiving is once a year. some people have to wait that year just to see family and friends. Be thankful there is a dinner on the table. with family around it. I would be happy with a Processed turkey sandwich. with all my friends..

djunkie
11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
SINCE your so interested in my personal up bringing.... Mom was over to our house this morning. I was kidding with her that im bringing Burger King. She would be 100% OK with it, as long as her boys and grand children are together. There NOW, do you fill better about my and many others dislike for the same old meal twice a year for years? Damn brother get off your soap box.
ya know, when I orig posted this I knew some blow hard would twist this in some weird way.
Your getting kinda touchy in your old age Toby. :D :D

WaterJunky
[QUOTE=djunkie;2904217]MMMMMM!!!!!!! Turkey!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Cooked a little too hot and/or too long......
I think I have a fairly good comprimise. I did the "family" Thanksgiving on saturday. We all went out and ate the biggest prime rib we could find and had some quality time. I am leaving tonight to head over to the coast. Thanksgiving will be spent with good friends in potluck format with me frying a turkey. (the oven in the fifth wheel is too small) We will have a great party to celebrate. Scuba and abalone dive on friday and saturday to provide fish, ab, and trap some crab for a seafood explosion on Saturday. Hard to beat fresh abalone, fish shot that day and crab that was crawling an hour ago.

TOBTEK
You are right, I'm very jealous of you!!!, And I would love to be able to go to my mom and dads as you do and get a hug and sit down with family that love
one another, you are a very rich person. sorry for the attack
In that case, if your in Escondido, come on over..... she'd love to have ya. :)

djunkie
11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
You Know Thanksgiving is once a year. some people have to wait that year just to see family and friends. Be thankful there is a dinner on the table. with family around it. I would be happy with a Processed turkey sandwich.
I like the way you think Char. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I like the way you think Char. :D
Thanks.. :D

djunkie
11-20-2007, 11:19 AM
[
Cooked a little too hot and/or too long......
I think I have a fairly good comprimise. I did the "family" Thanksgiving on saturday. We all went out and ate the biggest prime rib we could find and had some quality time. I am leaving tonight to head over to the coast. Thanksgiving will be spent with good friends in potluck format with me frying a turkey. (the oven in the fifth wheel is too small) We will have a great party to celebrate. Scuba and abalone dive on friday and saturday to provide fish, ab, and trap some crab for a seafood explosion on Saturday. Hard to beat fresh abalone, fish shot that day and crab that was crawling an hour ago.
I've done a bunch of these and learned over the years that the bigger birds don't always look as good as the smaller ones. They sure taste the same though. :D

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Your getting kinda touchy in your old age Toby. :D :D
NOT AT ALL, I'm EZ like a Sunday morning.... just don't appreciate a non warranted attack. And BTW: im not THAT old yet...Haven't hit 40 yet :)

Cole Trickle
11-20-2007, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=WaterJunky;2904248]
I've done a bunch of these and learned over the years that the bigger birds don't always look as good as the smaller ones. They sure taste the same though. :D
Don't Fawk up the bird rookie!!!!:mad: :mad: :D
I like spicy turkey so hit it with some cayenne pepper and lots of garlic:idea: :)

Cole Trickle
11-20-2007, 11:26 AM
NOT AT ALL, I'm EZ like a Sunday morning.... just don't appreciate a non warranted attack.
Did you tell your kids there is no Santa or Easter Bunny?;):D:eek:

djunkie
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
lol (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=National_Lampoons_Christmas_Vacation&quote=olderkids.txt&file=olderkids.mp3)
That there is an RV (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=National_Lampoons_Christmas_Vacation&quote=tenament.txt&file=tenament.mp3)
Damm I love that movie. Its a tradition for us to watch it after dinner on Turkey day. :D

djunkie
11-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Don't Fawk up the bird rookie!!!!:mad: :mad: :D
I like spicy turkey so hit it with some cayenne pepper and lots of garlic:idea: :)
I'm leaving the seasoning up to blondie. She says she wants to do it so its out of my hands. I'll just be the one putting the heat to it. And I'm sure lots of garlic will be used. :D :D

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 11:30 AM
In that case, if your in Escondido, come on over..... she'd love to have ya. :)
will She give me a hug???

MR HARLEY
11-20-2007, 11:34 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/philthmoor/bitch.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
will She give me a hug???
its a strong MAYBE:D

Jbb
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Turkey Day....is all about the ...preparation...:D
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43527&stc=1&d=1195588535

uLtRADeNniS
11-20-2007, 12:38 PM
IM coming to your house... that sounds like the ticket! Have you had the seasoned Tri-tips at Costco? insane good.
Yeah Im sick of traditional turkey day food!... I just talked my girlfriend in getting Baskin Robbins Ice cream cake and Cranberry bliss bars from starbucks instead of lame ass Marie Calender's pumpkin pie.
Oh yes.. Those tri tips at Costco are the best!
One of my favorite trip tip places is Lou's BBQ in HB off Brrokhurst and Victoria. Super tasty and cheap!

Quest4Fun
11-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I love the traditional Thanksgiving Day food...preparing it again this year. It is the only day of the year that I have it. I can't wait for the turkey, potatoes, stuffing and gravy yum, yum.

Hardly Satisfied
11-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I would like to see that fly by Leisa, It's not happening.

TOBTEK
11-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I would like to see that fly by Leisa, It's not happening.
DUDE, if you only knew....she's the only person I've ever seen that eats evrything in her patch and doesnt gain an once. She mows the ice cream, cookie dough, brownie mix before its cooked, has two kids ( one 5 months ago) and she still is tiny....And yes, she likes the std holliday feast.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-20-2007, 06:20 PM
The gym I belong to is having a 5K Thanksgiving morning. I plan on being there. Then I won't have to feel guilty about the pumpkin pie :D

Nord
11-20-2007, 06:30 PM
My parents and get 3 days a year off together. This year, instead of sitting in traffic to drive all the way to Apple Valley, we are going to Orange Hill on Wednesday night, then Disneyland on Thanksgiving. We are going to put a small turkey in before we leave and come home to a little Thanksgiving dinner. Hopefully everything turns out ok.