PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle repair guys, extended warranties???

Baja Big Dog
11-20-2007, 09:01 AM
So I take my new (52 hours) Ranger to Hahm in Anaheim, (this will be another thread when these douche bags are done), blew three belts in Mexico, decided there was a problem, took it into these incomptitant asswipes, oh wait, did I mention I took it in on Oct 15th? If you do the math thats a grand total of 5 fricken weeks, going on 6 weeks....the problem turns out to be broken motor mounts that they couldn't find until after the ordered the belt, waited for it to come in, and then find the motor mounts that the service guy said could be the problem because they have seen a few of them break, did they they look at that before they ordered the belt, no, dumbasses!!!
Here the real issue, the warranty stated they dont pay for belts, I have no problem with that, if they are worn, just like clutches and brakes, I just want them to fix the problem and "Whatever" else is related to that problem, now the motor mounts broke, and that caused the belt to grenade, had a spare and sense it was out in the middle of nowhere, it was changed, and also gernaded. The warranty company (Western) wont pay for the belt, $100, and they wont even pay for the installation, another $100.
Is this total bullshit, or an I wrong to expect them to pay?
Gotta be some dealer guys out there.
This is great small claims shit, and Im sure the warranty company realizes no one will hassle for $200 bucks.....WRONG!!!
I want that nasty little Mexican judge on TV to hear my case, IM gonna piss her off just cause she is so sexy when shes pissed!! Then I gonna make her talk Spanish...BOINGGG:mad:
But I will take it to the court of HB first.
Talk to me!!!
And keep the bullshit about should have bought a _________ to another thread. (Billy)

Cigalert
11-20-2007, 09:06 AM
So I take my new (52 hours) Ranger to Hahm in Anaheim, (this will be another thread when these douche bags are done), blew three belts in Mexico, decided there was a problem, took it into these incomptitant asswipes, oh wait, did I mention I took it in on Oct 15th? If you do the math thats a grand total of 5 fricken weeks, going on 6 weeks....the problem turns out to be broken motor mounts that they couldn't find until after the ordered the belt, waited for it to come in, and then find the motor mounts that the service guy said could be the problem because they have seen a few of them break, did they they look at that before they ordered the belt, no, dumbasses!!!
Here the real issue, the warranty stated they dont pay for belts, I have no problem with that, if they are worn, just like clutches and brakes, I just want them to fix the problem and "Whatever" else is related to that problem, now the motor mounts broke, and that caused the belt to grenade, had a spare and sense it was out in the middle of nowhere, it was changed, and also gernaded. The warranty company (Western) wont pay for the belt, $100, and they wont even pay for the installation, another $100.
Is this total bullshit, or an I wrong to expect them to pay?
Gotta be some dealer guys out there.
This is great small claims shit, and Im sure the warranty company realizes no one will hassle for $200 bucks.....WRONG!!!
I want that nasty little Mexican judge on TV to hear my case, IM gonna piss her off just cause she is so sexy when shes pissed!! Then I gonna make her talk Spanish...BOINGGG:mad:
But I will take it to the court of HB first.
Talk to me!!!
And keep the bullshit about should have bought a _________ to another thread. (Billy)
I'm having a similar deal with Chapparal Motorsports right now....started back in february.

Baja Big Dog
11-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm having a similar deal with Chapparal Motorsports right now....started back in february.
Ive had dealings with those douche bags also....they are not any better. I own 28 motorcycles and they dont like us cause we dont use them for anything...cause they are scum!!!
One good thing about the economy being in the state its in is the guys that take care of customers will come out ahead, and the more word you put about about the scum will help the other unsuspecting buyers away from them and there dont give a shit attitude!!:mad:

Cigalert
11-20-2007, 09:49 AM
My buddy's uncle is Skip VanLeeuwen. I talked with him at supercross this past year. He offered to make it all better but I haven't made that call yet. I'm not big on going over heads but if the heads are threatening to not budge then the boss man needs the call. The only reason I went to Chapparal in the first place was based on Skip's relationship with them. Cheese and crackers there are some stupid chit's working there.

pw_Tony
11-20-2007, 09:56 AM
If something goes out that is covered under warranty it is "supposed" to cover everything else that took it down with it. Such as your warrantied motor mounts broke causing your belt to break, much like an insurance company. Sometimes they'll charge "betterment" or a small percentage of the friction used part, but it's only like 10%. Well that's my understanding of it anyway

468miller
11-20-2007, 10:17 AM
i work for a dealership and deal with these co. all day long, 99.9%will cover the motormounts and labor for those, along with the labor to replace the failed part not covered under warrenty, but not the common wear item itself, ie. the belt, hope that helps...........

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2007, 10:31 AM
We used to buy extended warranties on all our offroad toys.
All it's ever covered was a starter.
Everything else was: "You abused the product,, you shifted without the clutch".
All kinds of BS.
Warranty Rankings both factory and extended IMHO from many years of dealing with toybuilders:
Honda is Best - Number 0ne
Suzuki is tied with Honda, - great coverage.
Kawasaki is a close number two.
Bombardier - a distant number three (Can Am Sea Doo)
Yamaha - Fails
Polaris - fails.
My only gripes with Polaris are their warranty coverage and non-existant parts support after their product goes outta production.
Polaris is trying hard to get a dealer in Simi Valley and the dealers all feel as I do about their customer and dealer support.
"We're a new company now" is what Polaris told John, the owner of Kawasaki of Simi.
-He didn't bite.
Evidently by reading the first post in this thread he's right.

superdave013
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
so what did YOU do to cause a motor mounts to break? lol JRA is always the joke in the mountain bike world. Some guy says "I was Just Riding Along" when that damn head tube snapped clean off the frame. lol
So with that in mind, how many times do you have to flip one of those fockers to break motor mounts?? :D
28 motorcycles? holy shit!

N2dezracer
11-20-2007, 07:02 PM
hey guys, sorry to hear about the problems with western ins. unfortunatly i hear this alot. i run the service dept at a local dealer and these are the common complaints. theres a trick that sometimes works and that is to contact western and tell them you would like to cancel your warranty.one of two things will happen, they will prorate your contract and you can use that to pay for the repair, or they will send a second adjuster to inspect the problem most of the time buying the repair.hopefully this helps you

Baja Big Dog
11-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Gonna call them first...getting more pissed, should have been done today....viola...no call.
Scum douche hair on the bottom of the shower drain at the mens prison!!!:mad: