PDA

View Full Version : Neff High Trojans

willowrat
11-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Any Neff High School Trojans out there?
One of the best football programs ever in Orange County. Too bad they closed the school in the eightys. They are still in the National Highschool record book for intecptions.

Havasu1986
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Any Neff High School Trojans out there?
One of the best football programs ever in Orange County. Too bad they closed the school in the eightys. They are still in the National Highschool record book for intecptions.
We beat Neff to win league in football in 76' at La Mirada High the last game of the season. Bellfower Bucs class of 78'. :D

willowrat
11-20-2007, 12:05 PM
We beat Neff to win league in football in 76' at La Mirada High the last game of the season. Bellfower Bucs class of 78'. :D What a great stadium to play football.. We won CIF in 1974 and came close in 1975. I was in the class of 76.

Havasu1986
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
What a great stadium to play football.. We won CIF in 1974 and came close in 1975. I was in the class of 76.
What year did Costello play QB. I know his brother Rocky was a good kicker. He also had a good wr to throw to. I remember the captains had different color helmets to. There was a running back named Glen Buhr that had long blonde hair coming out his helmet my senior year.

willowrat
11-20-2007, 12:24 PM
What year did Costello play QB. I know his brother Rocky was a good kicker. He also had a good wr to throw to. I remember the captains had different color helmets to. There was a running back named Glen Buhr that had long blonde hair coming out his helmet my senior year. I grew up with those guys. I used to play sandlot with Buhr. He was tough. Costello played in 72. Yea our captains had different color helmets. I have never seen anyone else do that. We had 43 interceptions in 74. That was a National High School record that stood for 7 years until Diamand Bar broke it. We played Mayflower in Bellflower.
You guys had some good teams as well.

Havasu1986
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I grew up with those guys. I used to play sandlot with Buhr. He was tough. Costello played in 72. Yea our captains had different color helmets. I have never seen anyone else do that. We had 43 interceptions in 74. That was a National High School record that stood for 7 years until Diamand Bar broke it. We played Mayflower in Bellflower.
You guys had some good teams as well.
That would be Mayfair. They used our football field when we were away. When we played them we played at Cerritos College. That was fun. We do alot of work over on Trojan Way. Most people don't know that a high school used to be there.

willowrat
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM
That would be Mayfair. They used our football fiels when we were away. When we played them we played at Cerritos College. That was fun. We do alot of work over on Trojan Way. Most people don't know that a high school used to be there.
Our coach was Stan Thomas. He left in 80 to become the comminisher of CIF Sports Southern Section. He lasted about 10 years then was let go for improper spending.
That area has really changed. All the kids now go to La Mirada High.

fasthtm
11-20-2007, 03:04 PM
I went to Neff my 8th grade year (1980), then they closed it down.

Havasu Hangin'
11-20-2007, 05:21 PM
I went to Neff my 8th grade year (1980), then they closed it down.
Yep...I was there around then, too.