PDA

View Full Version : First Time......

MRSDRMCAT
11-20-2007, 12:10 PM
making mashed potatoes!! Can some one please tell me how? For about 25 people. THANKS!;)

djunkie
11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: Thank God your hot!!!!!:D :D :D

topless
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
making mashed potatoes!! Can some one please tell me how? For about 25 people. THANKS!;)LMAO!!!! Instant, follow directions and nobody will know.

riverracerx
11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Step one: Post more bikini photos of yourself
Step two: buy potatoes
:D

OnlyMoney
11-20-2007, 12:20 PM
You're going to need a BIG pot, or maybe make multiple batches. :) These are goin to be GOOD, so I would think about 5x as much.
Rachael does everything the quick, simple, easy way. Gotta love her!!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_29711,00.html
Good luck. Go with the Yukons and regular cream cheese. You want them as normal as possible, right??? :D

Mrs. Bear Down
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
oh you poor dear!! I'll help you!
For 25 people your going to want about 12-14 potatoes
peel them
cut into about 1 inch pieces with water till they are completely submurged in a large pan with about a small palm pinch of salt
Cook med-high flame or 6 on an eletric stove
they will boil... they may also bubble over... it just happens...
it takes about 20mins... best thing to do is just keep them going till a fork can go right through them...
Once they are nice and soft, drain all the water...
add about 1/2 cup of milk,
2 table spoons of sour cream
2 table spoons of butter/margarin
some season salt
some pepper
and use a electric hand mixer to blend them up into nice whipped potatoes!
For added flare, get some colby jack cheese and sprinkle over finished product for presentation!
Vouala!! Beautiful home made mashed potatoes!!:D

Tremor Therapy
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Or go to the store and buy them already made! I think Country Crock or something like that has them pre-made, and they are not half bad.

Screaming Pete
11-20-2007, 12:24 PM
making mashed potatoes!! Can some one please tell me how? For about 25 people. THANKS!;)
first off start with yukon golds don't over cook, fork tender. i think you will need about 8-10 lbs, i know its thanks giving so there will be other dishes also. back to the potatoes.....cook them in a big pot. salt the water, when done drain well put them back in the pot on simmer and let the remaining water cook off then start mashing or if you own a potatoe ricer use that. and sourcream and butter, pepper and salt. you may need a splash of cream or milk if they are to dry or thick still. at this point you can add smoked gooda cheese if you want and twice bake them with some butter on top or sub the cheese for wasabi power 3-4 teaspoons of the dry powder works well for an interisting back ground flavor.
Happy Thanksgiving

Mrs. Bear Down
11-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Or go to the store and buy them already made! I think Country Crock or something like that has them pre-made, and they are not half bad.
Tried those this weekend... perfect for glamis... not so great for your Turkey Day!!
:)

MRSDRMCAT
11-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Ok.....I guess I deserve a little crap for not knowing. I have tried the instant and I think they taste like pancake mix. I asked my grandma, the queen of mashed potatoes and she told me to just boil them and add butter?? I thought that sounded to easy to be true. She does not like to share her secret recipes! The internet has crazy recipes! HELP!! PLEASE;) :) :)

Quest4Fun
11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
For 25 people I would use at least a 10# bag. Fill a large pot with water add plenty of salt to water. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into egual size pieces so they cook evenly (either 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 the potato - depending on the size). Add cut potato pieces to water let come to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until fork tender. The mashing is a matter of taste. I use milk and butter and I eyeball it. The important thing is to NOT add too much milk at first, you can always add more as you mash but you can't take away. I use a hand mixer on low speed until potatoes are fluffy (I pound the potatoes first with the hand mixer, then put on the power). Have Fun!

WaterJunky
11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
LMAO!!!! Instant, follow directions and nobody will know.
Not quite.....:rolleyes:
1) Boil peeled potatoes until soft (easy to check with a fork) For 25 people you are probably looking at a 10 lb. bag.
2) Drain, mash with a masher or mixer until there are no more lumps. (This takes time and effort.)
3) After all lumps are out add a stick of butter, then add milk to desired consistancy. Adding the milk before the lumps are out will make it almost impossible to get the lumps out. Additionally, careful when adding milk, it can go something like; too thick, add milk, too thick add milk, too runny. It will not change much then it will change quickly.
4) salt and pepper to taste.
Easy

MRSDRMCAT
11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow....you guys were to fast for me!!! THANKS...I really appreciate it!!:) HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

bahner454
11-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Mashed Potatoes
12 1/2 pounds or so of russet, or baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 1/4 cup milk or half-and-half
1 1/4 cup butter
3 3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Drain potatoes thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl. With an electric hand-held mixer, beat potato mixture until light and creamy.
Mashed potato recipe serves 20 to 30.

riverracerx
11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
My directions are the best ;)

topless
11-20-2007, 12:32 PM
My directions are the best ;)But mine are the easiest.:D :D

MRSDRMCAT
11-20-2007, 12:33 PM
YOU are too funny!!!!!!!

CornWater
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Great.. tortilla chips all over the monitor. LMAO..

Mr. C
11-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I assume you would like some left over as well.
So i would start with about 20-25 potatoes, depending on size
Peel the skins(I'm picky, so i don't leave any skin) Cut potatoes in half or quarters, they will cook faster.
cook in a big pot of salted water until they break apart by putting a fork through them. Drain off all the water. Mash with a hand masher first, in the same pot you cooked them in.
I heat up 2-3 cups of milk with at least two sticks of butter in the microwave so not to cool the potaoes down to much, Also add more salt and pepper,(some garlic if you want) i use white pepper because the kids don't like to see black pepper in theirs:D
now I move to a hand held electric blender and slowely add milk and butter as i blend to the texture desired. I also hate lumps in my potatoes so i mash them for awhile.
When I'm finished i add about half a stick(cut into four) of butter on top and put the lid back on.
When it's time to eat I blend the butter into the potatoes one last time, move them into a pre-heated pyrex bowl (or two) add another couple chunks of butter and your good to go.

djunkie
11-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Great.. tortilla chips all over the monitor. LMAO..
Hey she could throw raw potatoes on the table for all i care as long as shes wearing something sexy. :D :D

That Guy
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
All in favor say Aye! Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye...the Aye's have it....:D :idea: :D
Aye Yi Yi...:D ...L, post some pics of you making the potato's...oh, and wear some tall shoes please....:D :D

franky
11-20-2007, 01:28 PM
OMG:)

MRSDRMCAT
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM
All in favor say Aye! Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye...the Aye's have it....:D :idea: :D
Aye Yi Yi...:D ...L, post some pics of you making the potato's...oh, and wear some tall shoes please....:D :D
Ok...Ok....I will try to get Dean to take a picture lol:)

riverracerx
11-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Woo Hoo! :D

Sleeper CP
11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
My wife was jacking around boiling the potatoes three years ago a few at a time. I grabbed the rest of them and put water in the turkey fryer an boiled them in about 1/3rd of the time in the turkey fryer with water.
The next year she had me boil them again for her in the fryer cause it's so much faster but I grabbed 3 can's of chicken broth to put into the water.
Rather you boil them in a large high speed fryer(water not oil) or on the stove swap out some of the water for two or three cans of chicken broth.:D
Good luck. Happy Turkey Day to you:)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

That Guy
11-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Woo Hoo! :D
Great minds think alike....:D

riverracerx
11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
This cold weather has gotten me down. I think a cheery photo would brighten my day! :D
Great minds think alike....

OutCole'd
11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Ahem, not too tall of shoes please....:D

MRSDRMCAT
11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
My wife was jacking around boiling the potatoes three years ago a few at a time. I grabbed the rest of them and put water in the turkey fryer an boiled them in about 1/3rd of the time in the turkey fryer with water.
The next year she had me boil them again for her in the fryer cause it's so much faster but I grabbed 3 can's of chicken broth to put into the water.
Rather you boil them in a large high speed fryer(water not oil) or on the stove swap out some of the water for two or three cans of chicken broth.:D
Good luck. Happy Turkey Day to you:)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Oh good idea!!!

MRSDRMCAT
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
This cold weather has gotten me down. I think a cheery photo would brighten my day! :D
I am sure "that guy" has a few!!:idea:

That Guy
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Ahem, not too tall of shoes please....:D
Don't worry, I'll lift you up.....:D :D

OutCole'd
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Don't worry, I'll lift you up.....:D :D
Cool, I knew I could count on you, as always. Thanks!:D

Sleeper CP
11-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh good idea!!!
People helping people:D Is'nt that the Hot Boat way?;) :D :)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

djunkie
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
This is all I've got. Have to work on more this weekend. :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43536&stc=1&d=1195596336

OutCole'd
11-20-2007, 02:20 PM
This is all I've got. Have to work on more this weekend. :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43536&stc=1&d=1195596336
Two of my favorite sights....

soupersonic
11-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Two of my favorite sights....
French fries and raisens? :D

djunkie
11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
French fries and raisens? :D
Them babies are some grapes!!!!:D :D

River918
11-20-2007, 06:59 PM
:D :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Thank God your hot!!!!!:D :D :D
What he said.......:D
Tomorrow we learn how to make toast...

new2cats
11-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Go to KFC...ask the nice hispanic lady for enough mashies for the entire crew.....throw in some gravy too......lie about making them....you will not be sorry!!!

Cheap Thrills
11-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey while you're messin with taters, Bake about a half dozen of them.
When they're done, Cut em in half scoop out most of the tater leaving a little tater inside the half skin. put them on a cookie sheet and fill with a few bacon bits and cheese, throw em back in the oven to melt, then top off with a little sour cream and chives.. Viola . Potato skin appetizers. Mmmmm yummy.......;)
Oh and Use what ya scoop out to add the the smashed taters.
T.

Sleeper CP
11-20-2007, 08:53 PM
What he said.......:D
Best line in the thread ;) even though it's "you're"
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover;)

MRSDRMCAT
11-23-2007, 12:24 PM
We had a good time screwing around taking pictures!! Sorry didn't want to scare the family by throwing "the shoes" on!!
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/linettemilligan/Thanksgiving2007002.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/linettemilligan/Thanksgiving2007001.jpg
END RESULT!!!
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/linettemilligan/Thanksgiving2007003.jpg

jdf
11-23-2007, 01:57 PM
what a sight look's good

TCHB
11-23-2007, 02:00 PM
No corn on the cobb!!!!!!! Something has changed.

riverracerx
11-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Is that a banana in the background or are you just happy to see me?
Looks like you made out just fine. Nothing better than real mashed potaters with REAL butter. Yum!!

Tom Brown
11-23-2007, 05:26 PM
oh you poor dear!! I'll help you!
For 25 people your going to want about 12-14 potatoes
peel them
cut into about 1 inch pieces with water till they are completely submurged in a large pan with about a small palm pinch of salt
Cook med-high flame or 6 on an eletric stove
they will boil... they may also bubble over... it just happens...
it takes about 20mins... best thing to do is just keep them going till a fork can go right through them...
Once they are nice and soft, drain all the water...
add about 1/2 cup of milk,
2 table spoons of sour cream
2 table spoons of butter/margarin
some season salt
some pepper
and use a electric hand mixer to blend them up into nice whipped potatoes!
For added flare, get some colby jack cheese and sprinkle over finished product for presentation!
Vouala!! Beautiful home made mashed potatoes!!:D
:cool:
I love them this style. To get them extra smooth, I like to rice them before mashing them. :)