PDA

View Full Version : Lakers make a trade.

dmontzsta
11-20-2007, 05:17 PM
FINALLY! They got rid of Brian Cook, that is AWESOME, he was such a waste of money.
Brian Cook and Maurice Evans for Trevor Ariza.

Old Texan
11-20-2007, 05:54 PM
FINALLY! They got rid of Brian Cook, that is AWESOME, he was such a waste of money.
Brian Cook and Maurice Evans for Trevor Ariza.
Well that should assure another banner in the rafters:rolleyes:......Chrissake you're acting like Magic and Karreem just sold their souls for their 30 year old bodies. :D

dmontzsta
11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Well that should assure another banner in the rafters:rolleyes:......Chrissake you're acting like Magic and Karreem just sold their souls for their 30 year old bodies. :D
This is a great move for the Lakers.

dmontzsta
11-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Ariza is also a local, I am sure he is just as happy to be on the Lakers.
There was an interview with Mitch and he said they did it cause of duplications on the roster.
Vlade and Cook were fighting for a spot, so that solves that problem, especially since Vlade is firing on all cylinders now.

KineticoH20
11-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Brian Cook equals whale dung thank god he's gone. I have never seen a softer, ole defensive loser. It just leaves more minutes for players who are willing to give it all they got.

dmontzsta
11-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Brian Cook equals whale dung thank god he's gone. I have never seen a softer, ole defensive loser. It just leaves more minutes for players who are willing to give it all they got.
Not to mention he is in his first year of a 10.5 million dollar contract! :eek: The Lakers definitely saved some money and suffering on this deal.:)

AirtimeLavey
11-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Yep. Even though I'm not real familiar w/the guy they picked up, I'm good with just dumping the load of Cook and Evans. Mostly those guys were ineffective. On to bigger and better days. :D :D

dmontzsta
11-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Yep. Even though I'm not real familiar w/the guy they picked up, I'm good with just dumping the load of Cook and Evans. Mostly those guys were ineffective. On to bigger and better days. :D :D
He is a local, went to UCLA. He plays the 3 and is supposed to be great defensively and VERY athletic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p6MpMn47mE
He averaged 9 points in low minutes last season.

dmontzsta
11-21-2007, 03:31 PM
He plays the same position as Rashard Lewis, that's why him minutes were down.
And I can understand your disappointment with Brian Cook, BUT he wasn't even a dominate low post player in college. He's a small forward in a big body. He's not physical, he's not a great rebounder or defender. He can shoot.
He is too one dimensional and the Lakers have Vlade who can shoot better, play better D and rebound better, he is alot more mobile than Cook. :)

KineticoH20
11-21-2007, 04:01 PM
He is too one dimensional and the Lakers have Vlade who can shoot better, play better D and rebound better, he is alot more mobile than Cook. :)
What he said:D

Jyruiz
11-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Glad Cook is gone, Evans will me missed some. Ariza was brought in for his defense, and is a good finisher around the basket. He is quick for being 6'8 and can guard shooting guards which will allow them to switch on defense like Jackson likes to do. I hope since this cleared up a roster spot, they would use it to bring another big since Brown is down and is made out of glass. If not, I hope they at least start giving Crittenton some PT.

DILLIGAF
11-21-2007, 04:20 PM
everyone needs to hold their views and comments to themselves, until the acting "gm" (tom/dilligaf) has a look at this deal :idea: only then, he'll have the ultimate decision if it's a good laker trade and then he'll explain to us how it will effect his frosh/soph clipper squad :rolleyes: :D
haha....out of the blue...and shit!
I am afraid that the Clips are about to start losing some games so I have decided to go back into the woodwork.
Not much time for HB these days truthfully.......