PDA

View Full Version : Need a new firewood place

Dezertrider
11-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Since the El Toro Marine Base sold they closed down the place I got firewood from on Sand Canyon in Irvine. I am heading up through Palm Springs tomorrow, any good places to get wood?
Sand Canyon would charge 60-80$ to fill up your truck. It was great

BajaMike
11-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Since the El Toro Marine Base sold they closed down the place I got firewood from on Sand Canyon in Irvine. I am heading up through Palm Springs tomorrow, any good places to get wood?
Sand Canyon would charge 60-80$ to fill up your truck. It was great
There is another firewood place about 6 miles south on I-5 at the Junipero Serra off ramp in San Juan Capistrano......

gramps
11-21-2007, 05:03 PM
probally out of your way but there is a fair sized fire wood place at the bottom of cajon pass next to the 15, just below lytle creek

Pheelin Phroggy
11-21-2007, 07:36 PM
The sand canyon placed only moved.... it is now right next to the the water park.. we got wood there last month for a beach trip, and they still fill your truck for 60-80 bucks. Just go to the entrance of the water park and stay right past the booths.. will take you right to it.

Dezertrider
11-21-2007, 07:41 PM
There is another firewood place about 6 miles south on I-5 at the Junipero Serra off ramp in San Juan Capistrano......
I'm gonna look for this one next trip. We normally go that way to Ocotillo

Dezertrider
11-21-2007, 07:42 PM
The sand canyon placed only moved.... it is now right next to the the water park.. we got wood there last month and they still fill your truck for 60-80 bucks. Just go to the entrance of the water park and stay right past the booths.. will take you right to it.
SWEET, Gonna make a stop in the AM, Hope there open

JB in so cal
11-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Partially blocked by the large sound wall - gotta look for ti.