PDA

View Full Version : Tankless Water Heater ?????

DansBlown73Nordic
11-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Has anybody tried one of these? Im thinking of changing from a oil fired Hot Water heater to an on Demand. Im just wondering how well they work. Anyone have a better one than another?

RitcheyRch
11-22-2007, 03:19 PM
My parents have one and love it.

Havasu1986
11-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Do a search. There have been alot of threads on this subject. It maybe a little slow around here today. :)

DansBlown73Nordic
11-22-2007, 03:51 PM
I have done a little searching on some web sites. I see where some say you need two in a colder climate.....:jawdrop: They draw 55 amps.....Two would be EXPENSIVE to run.....:jawdrop:

Not So Fast
11-23-2007, 08:22 AM
After getting quite a few replies about my ?? on these I went to the local plumbing company here and he said he didnt think they were that great YET:idea: Then we talked about price just incase I wanted to do it anyway and the cost of doing it along with the extra electrical supply installation was prohibitive to me, especially when he said my heater now was still under warranty (6 year) and happened to be the brand they sold so I got a new heater for the price of installation:D less than $100:D :D :D Maybe next time. NSF

Panic Button
11-23-2007, 06:51 PM
We have a Powerstar Electric, 95% efficient, draws 110amps @220v, came installed in the new house. The thing rocks!

havasu p/t er
11-24-2007, 12:27 PM
We got one (Rinnai) installed at our CA house a year ago.......... LOVE IT! Our gas bill is almost nothing.... and this is talking over time. Love that you can do a load of laundry, the dishes and then the whole family can shower and still have HOT water. Should be a standard in any home. Never need to worry about water tanking going out again when we are out of the house.
Mrs. OG Shocker