PDA

View Full Version : What Would Jesus Buy?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Anyone heard of this movie? I saw a short article about it in the paper and did a search for it. It opened on the 16th, but I can't find any theaters within a 50 mile radius playing it :idea: It's a documentary from the guy who made "Supersize Me." It's about our over consumption and the buy! buy! buy! spend! spend! spend! mentality at Christmas. The guy travels to the Mall of America and Bentonville, AK among other places. I'd really like to see it, but I guess I'll have to wait for it to go to video. How come we can find Michael Moore's crap in every town, but not this? Maybe because if people started thinking about this idea our ustable retail based economy would collapse?
I just have to wonder if there's not some kind of back room reasoning why this movie is not available to the general public. Certainly no shopping mall theaters would want to play it. :idea:

OCMerrill
11-23-2007, 11:34 AM
A Lab pup or 2?:D :D

Cheap Thrills
11-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Morgan Spurlock (sp?) Is a documentary genius. I loved the Supersize Me and the 30 days series he did. I haven't heard about What Would Jesus Buy. :idea:
If it's anything like his other works it should prove enlightening. Let me know if you find it and how ya liked it.
T.

rodnjen
11-23-2007, 12:37 PM
I agree, Spulock rocks! I have not heard about that film but I would love to see it.
I like the holidays as much as anyone but it has become a little over-the-top.

ratso
11-23-2007, 01:51 PM
What If God Was One Of Us...:idea:

Jbb
11-23-2007, 02:29 PM
What If God Was One Of Us...:idea:
just a slob like one of us...?

BIGRRNU
11-23-2007, 03:12 PM
he would buy a SKATER

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-23-2007, 03:15 PM
A Lab pup or 2?:D :D
Two would be good. Buy! Buy! Buy! :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I want to be formal but I want to party...cuz I like to party.

RitcheyRch
11-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm surprised he hasnt done more of the 30 days series.
http://wwjbmovie.com/
Morgan Spurlock (sp?) Is a documentary genius. I loved the Supersize Me and the 30 days series he did. I haven't heard about What Would Jesus Buy. :idea:
If it's anything like his other works it should prove enlightening. Let me know if you find it and how ya liked it.
T.

Cheap Thrills
11-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm surprised he hasnt done more of the 30 days series.
http://wwjbmovie.com/
Me too.
FX Network had a couple of week ends where they did the 30 day's series back to back. I watched them again but didn't think about throwing a disk in the recorder ...
T.

RitcheyRch
11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Maybe he will do something next year.
Me too.
FX Network had a couple of week ends where they did the 30 day's series back to back. I watched them again but didn't think about throwing a disk in the recorder ...
T.

Jordy
11-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Train horns and a pit bull or two. :jawdrop: :idea: :D