PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Browns

thatguy
11-25-2007, 01:12 PM
7-4 and talking playoffs.
Just beat the Texans rather handily. Took a few possessions to get going, but Anderson and Winslow are looking quite good.
McDonald had a MONSTER game on defense and ST.
Thinking they will take over the AFC North, from Pittsburgh, before it is over.
Tommy

Wet Dream
11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Anderson looked really good today. But thats it for the positive chat from me as far as the Browns go. Tomorrow night, its Steeler time!!! ;) The Steelers can't seem to defeat a shitty team this year.

soupersonic
11-25-2007, 02:39 PM
How about my Vikes ? They smoke the Chargers, get smoked by the Pack, barely get by the Raiders and kick arse on the Giants:confused: WTF over:confused: Very strange year in thre NFL.

thatguy
11-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Anderson looked really good today. But thats it for the positive chat from me as far as the Browns go. Tomorrow night, its Steeler time!!! ;) The Steelers can't seem to defeat a shitty team this year.
Anderson has been the root cause for the teams motivation, for sure.
But the defense is actually improving slowly. McDonald played over his head today. They make great individual plays at times, but need to gel as a unit to be serious play off material.
I am a Steelers fan second. It seems that their inconsistency is becoming more and more a factor. Almost as though they are panicking to hold the AFC North.
My .02? Browns are coming on strong, young and hungry. Plus they have forgotten that they are supposed to lose.
Steelers are fading, they are worried about losing it seems.
Now don't get me wrong, like I said, I am a Steelers fan second only to Cleveland! :D :D :D
ANYONE in the AFC North except those bastard Ravens!!:) :)
Tommy;)

Wet Dream
11-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Young and hungry will get Cleveland through a game or 2, but we'll witness a meltdown during the playoffs. The Steelers have injuries to contend with tomorrow night, Palomalu and Holmes out and its not going to look good. You guys want Frye back? :D

thatguy
11-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Young and hungry will get Cleveland through a game or 2, but we'll witness a meltdown during the playoffs. The Steelers have injuries to contend with tomorrow night, Palomalu and Holmes out and its not going to look good. You guys want Frye back? :D
Yeah, That sounds about right. If the meltdown doesn't happen sooner and they blow the playoff bid.:D
Still, pretty promising season. Future bodes well as long as Anderson does not fold. :eek:
Tommy
PS- No thanks on the Frye deal.:)

Not So Fast
11-25-2007, 10:31 PM
The Browns look like they are for real!!!!!!! NSF

MODVP22
11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Here in OHIO, we don't et excited about the Browns-or any Cleveland team until it actually happens. Always seems we get our hopes up only to get let down (Cavs, Indians, so on).
Would be nice to see a team who's never done so well-do well:eek:

squirt'nmyload
11-26-2007, 09:38 AM
they may seem good but do remember we are talking about the cleveland browns here. just like the cardinals, they will always suck and find a way to lose:D

thatguy
11-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Here in OHIO, we don't et excited about the Browns-or any Cleveland team until it actually happens. Always seems we get our hopes up only to get let down (Cavs, Indians, so on).
Would be nice to see a team who's never done so well-do well:eek:
My first Browns game was 1963. The same year Art Model fired Paul Brown. I was a small child, but still remember small "glimpses" of it. After all these years of hopes, near victories and heartbreak, I choose to get excited about a Browns team going over .500 on the year.
The word "never" is incorrect. The Browns have a long and storied history of success. (granted,ancient history maybe!:D ) A history that took Model over 30 years to ruin.
Now they have a young and motivated team, with a roster that could be unchanged for several years at least and you are not excited? :eek:
What kind of fan are you? :) :)
Tommy