PDA

View Full Version : MORE pit bull violence!!!

ck7684
11-26-2007, 08:17 AM
When will people learn how dangerous these animals are??
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21972218/

AZJD
11-26-2007, 08:20 AM
When will people learn how dangerous these animals are??
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21972218/
He is a real Danger............:eek:
Hurry people, put some wire mesh around your trees, that "CRAZY" bark eating pitbull is coming!:rolleyes:

AZJD
11-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Won't somebody please think of the trees?
Tree hugger!:D

boatsntoys
11-26-2007, 09:11 AM
My parents have pit bulls. They are very loving dogs! If it wasn't for the fact thay they kill every animal that comes close to their fence, attack everyone and anything that they have access to (don't leave that gate open). Constant trips to the vet because they fight each other. Would kill my children because of an accidental pull on the ear or poke in the eye.
Ripped the ball sack off the neighbors horse. Killed the neighbors poodle. almost drowned a elderly guest that was swimming in the pool. Ripped apart my moms cat. Other than these few mundane instances, they are great pets!

AZJD
11-26-2007, 09:40 AM
My parents have pit bulls. They are very loving dogs! If it wasn't for the fact thay they kill every animal that comes close to their fence, attack everyone and anything that they have access to (don't leave that gate open). Constant trips to the vet because they fight each other. Would kill my children because of an accidental pull on the ear or poke in the eye.
Ripped the ball sack off the neighbors horse. Killed the neighbors poodle. almost drowned a elderly guest that was swimming in the pool. Ripped apart my moms cat. Other than these few mundane instances, they are great pets!
Wow, sounds like your parents are to blame for raising bad dogs.:idea:

BAS
11-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I love it when some stupid a$$ finds some news and thinks it their job to tell as many people as they can about it. GET A CLUE, dangerous animal.
The article reads, "Port was cited for failure to keep the dog under control", not anything about his dog being dangerous. Is she dangerous to the wildlife? Has no ones dog ever peed on the grass before, it causes that yellow spot, better fine them! Or has anyone's dog ever dug a hole before, sounds like another fine. Lets just fine all dog owners or maybe tax them.
Yeah, we should all be taxed per dog.
You don't think John Iorio, the city's official, would have documented it if she was a dangerous dog. Highly unlike, right?
Pit Bulls can be great, yes great dogs, if raised properly. Have you spent any time doing research on the breed you called dangerous or did some one just tell you they are. So be careful around them!
Lets get some Pit Bull Facts, copied and pasted off http://www.dogwatch.net/fight_ontario_ban/pit_bull_facts.html
A lot has been said about 'pit bulls'. That they are time bombs. That they were bred to fight. That they are unreliable.
Before you make up your mind about whether or not a 'pit bull' ban is justified you owe it to the breeds affected to learn the truth.
Fact: It is true that the 'pit bull' was originally bred to fight - other dogs. However the dogs lived at home as a family pets in the late 1800s and lived in the houses with the wives and children of the men who fought their dogs for sport, so they needed to be absolutely reliable around people. Dogs that showed human aggression were culled - that means they were euthanized and never bred from. These actions have evolved a unique dog personality where animal aggression has absolutely no correlation to human aggression.
Fact: There are quite a few celebrities who have owned one of the 'pit bull'
breeds that Michael Bryant would ban in Ontario: Ray Romano, Don Cherry, Fred Astaire, President Roosevelt, Jack Dempsy, Thomas Edison, Madonna, Michael J Fox, Brad Pitt, Bernadette Peters, Sinbad, Alicia Silverstone, Linda Blair, Humphrey Bogart, Usher, Mel Brooks, Ann Bancroft, John Stuart, Jan Michael Vincent, Pink, Kelli Williams, Ken Howard (Father in Crossing Jordon - his Pit Shadow saved his life), Malcolm Jamal Warner, Stephan Jenkins, Rosie Perez, Ananda Lewis, Amy Jo Johnson, Mary Tyler Moore, Steve and Terrie Erwin (the Crocodile Hunter), Jack Johnson, Bill Berloni (Broadway show dog trainer who has said that the Pit is the breed of choice for training), Anthony Robbins, Molly Price, President Woodrow Wilson, Frankie Muniz, AJ Mclean, Barbara Eden, and even Helen Keller.
Fact: Dog fighting was outlawed in the early 1900's. Since that time the breeds that go back to the original 'pit bull' of the early 1800s has been raised as a family pet, not a fighter.
Fact: The only people raising fighting dogs today are a small contigent (est. 1-2%) of criminals and gang members - these people are also selling drugs, carry guns and are a threat to society on many different levels.
Breed bans will not stop these people or curb the danger they pose in our society.
Fact: According to Alfons Estelt of the American Temperament Test Society, Inc. temperament evaluations of American Pit Bull Terriers shows that this breed has a very high passing rate of 95%. The average passing rate for the other 121 breeds of dogs in the tests: 77%.
Fact: The 'pit bull' does not have a 'locking jaw'. On this topic Dr. 1.
Lehr Brisbin of the University of Georgia wrote:
"The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog. There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of "locking mechanism" unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier."
Fact: 'Pit bulls' are therapy and service dogs. They are also involved in search and rescue. The Chako Rescue Association has Pit Bull therapy dogs in Texas, Utah and California. Cheyenne and Dakota are a team of hard-working Search-and-Rescue Pit Bulls in Sacramento, California. APBT Weela was the Ken-L Ration's Dog Hero of the Year and is credited with rescuing over 30 people.
Fact: The problem with 'pit bull' attacks is an ownership problem that will not go away if we ban 'pit bulls'. Politicians are distorting the truth and are ignoring all of the evidence that says the bad owners will simply switch to other breeds - and there are many for them to choose from that can be equally as dangerous as a 'pit bull'. Ontario needs strong dog laws that apply to all dogs equally.
Sorry, I feel you are an Idiot.
And, for boatsntoys, I agree with AZJD. More bad owners. I have seen bad dogs in every breed. Many all breeds are bad? F’en Idiots
BAS

squirt'nmyload
11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
lmao.....i was wondering when the next pitbull thread would show up

boatsntoys
11-26-2007, 10:05 AM
My 80 year old parents are the mellowest people you could ever meet. Their dogs protect them and their property at all costs. The dogs are super friendly to anyone one allowed on the property. I just don't wnat my children around anything that can potentially kill them. Not only pit bulls.

AZJD
11-26-2007, 10:16 AM
My 80 year old parents are the mellowest people you could ever meet. Their dogs protect them and their property at all costs. The dogs are super friendly to anyone one allowed on the property. I just don't wnat my children around anything that can potentially kill them. Not only pit bulls.
But they have 2 dogs that kill, mame and can't be trusted around kids. Surely it has to be the fault of the owner. Pitbulls aren't a bad breed, just the most exploited breed of sporting dog.
Just trying to point out the rediculous propaganda that goes on here bnt. I laugh sometimes at peoples posts. Like when a 16 year old gets hit in glamis and eveyone cruicifies the family, stating bad parenting! When I was 16 I was driving regularly.
I think that every dog breed has potential to be bad.Chiuahas (sp?) are a pain in the ass. Imagine if they were 65lbs balls of muscle such as a pitbull?! Pits are just capable of doing damage. Therefore they recieve ridicule.

thatguy
11-26-2007, 10:23 AM
But they have 2 dogs that kill, mame and can't be trusted around kids. Surely it has to be the fault of the owner. Pitbulls aren't a bad breed, just the most exploited breed of sporting dog.
Just trying to point out the rediculous propaganda that goes on here bnt. I laugh sometimes at peoples posts. Like when a 16 year old gets hit in glamis and eveyone cruicifies the family, stating bad parenting! When I was 16 I was driving regularly.
I think that every dog breed has potential to be bad.Chiuahas (sp?) are a pain in the ass. Imagine if they were 65lbs balls of muscle such as a pitbull?! Pits are just capable of doing damage. Therefore they recieve ridicule.
Capable and do.
All I know is my friend's 1 year old baby boy was nothing but a stain on the floor, with a few shreds of skin when they found him. That pit had been with the baby since the boy was born.
It is a risk, period. If you take that risk, you may pay the consequences.
I won't take that risk.
Tommy

fatboy95
11-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Pit Bulls are influenced by their owners. Some are good and most are idiots. Similar to Raiders fans.

thatguy
11-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Pit Bulls are influenced by their owners. Some are good and most are idiots. Similar to Raiders fans.
The owner is definitely an influence, but certainly not the only influence.
Tommy
PS- Nice "multi-tasking" in your post, BTW.

AZJD
11-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Capable and do.
All I know is my friend's 1 year old baby boy was nothing but a stain on the floor, with a few shreds of skin when they found him. That pit had been with the baby since the boy was born.
It is a risk, period. If you take that risk, you may pay the consequences.
I won't take that risk.
Tommy
And I agree. If I have kids I will not have a full size dog. And since I hate ankle biters, I will not have little dogs.
Dogs are dogs and are unpredictable.

C-2
11-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Fact: There are quite a few celebrities who have owned one of the 'pit bull'
breeds that Michael Bryant would ban in Ontario: Ray Romano, Don Cherry, Fred Astaire, President Roosevelt, Jack Dempsy, Thomas Edison, Madonna, Michael J Fox, Brad Pitt, Bernadette Peters, Sinbad, Alicia Silverstone, Linda Blair, Humphrey Bogart, Usher, Mel Brooks, Ann Bancroft, John Stuart, Jan Michael Vincent, Pink, Kelli Williams, Ken Howard (Father in Crossing Jordon - his Pit Shadow saved his life), Malcolm Jamal Warner, Stephan Jenkins, Rosie Perez, Ananda Lewis, Amy Jo Johnson, Mary Tyler Moore, Steve and Terrie Erwin (the Crocodile Hunter), Jack Johnson, Bill Berloni (Broadway show dog trainer who has said that the Pit is the breed of choice for training), Anthony Robbins, Molly Price, President Woodrow Wilson, Frankie Muniz, AJ Mclean, Barbara Eden, and even Helen Keller.
I love it when somebody interjects wisdom such as this into an argument.
For the record, the only reason Brad Pitt owns one is cuz he has plenty of chew toys and food for them.
About damn time we had a good dog argument. :D

ck7684
11-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Nobody saw the sarcasm of the title of this post in relation to the story????:rolleyes:

AZJD
11-26-2007, 10:38 AM
For the record, the only reason Brad Pitt owns one is cuz he has plenty of chew toys and food for them.
About damn time we had a good dog argument. :D
I thought it was pretty funny too. I will always try to interject some wisdom into the pitbull threads, but to say celebrities own them, and ask how can they be bad dogs if famous people own them is pretty funny. Famous people are crazy!!!!!:D

C-2
11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Nobody saw the sarcasm of the title of this post in relation to the story????:rolleyes:
It doesn't take much for us to overlook facts, wit, sarcasm or logic. Stop trying to make sense.
We just like arguing about pit bulls :)

HM
11-26-2007, 10:42 AM
I thought it was pretty funny too. I will always try to interject some wisdom into the pitbull threads, but to say celebrities own them, and ask how can they be bad dogs if famous people own them is pretty funny. Famous people are crazy!!!!!:D
I'm crazy...does that make me famous? (I own a pitbull too - well, half pit, half mastiff)

AZJD
11-26-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm crazy...does that make me famous? (I own a pitbull too - well, half pit, half mastiff)
Holy, you are one of the most famous people I have never met!:D

Nord
11-26-2007, 10:50 AM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<POST SPACE AVAILABLE HERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
PM NORD FOR DETAILS...............

Old Texan
11-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Sounds more like a "Pit Beaver".....very dangerous rascals. A kennel full of these could put whole forests in danger.:rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
11-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Most of the "pit bull problem" is bad owners, but there also seems to be a problem of bad breeders that cater to those bad owners. I like pit bulls and I think many of them are great looking dogs. However, I must admit that when I'm walking my dog and I see an unleashed pit, I take her in the opposite direction (even though she could make a snack of one), but I guess that is the prudent thing to do around any unleashed dog..

eliminatedsprinter
11-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Ykes, I hope the Mastiff was the mother. It would kill most female pits to deliver those pups...:)

maxwedge
11-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Yep they are all crazy. My parents had a pit bull they had to get rid of because the little bastard got ahold of some explosives and started trying to blow up or derail all the amtrak trains in California for some reason. The damn dog kept mumbling something under his breath about "That prick BNB...I'll show him a thing or two":D

AZJD
11-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Most of the "pitt bull problem" is bad owners, but there also seems to be a problem of bad breeders that cater to those bad owners. I like pit bulls and I think many of them are great looking dogs. However, I must admit that when I'm walking my dog and I see an unleashed pitt, I take her in the opposite direction (even though she could make a snack of one), but I guess that is the prudent thing to do around any unleashed dog..
Let me fix your statement. Most of the problems with pitbulls are overzelous media types looking for a story. Then all the uneducated haters fall into to the second slot.
Pitbulls are a scape goat for a good story in most situations. The three most reported dog bites are Pitbull, rotweiler and Presa Canarios. (look it up) Presa Canarios are part of the Mastiff family. I would be willing to bet that these three dogs are not resposible for the majority of dog bites in the counrty, but are certainly the most reported due to the severity of the bites and or the open hatred for these types of doge. Look closely at the Presa Canarios breed and I would bet that they just get dropped right into the "Pitbull" category based on look. There are not enough of these dogs around to compete with Pits and Rotweilers ect. for large numbers of reports.
I myslef have never been bitten by a large dog, but have been bitten by several little dogs. Damn ankle biters! I am not going to report any dog bite that isn't on a public street or in any public place, but I don't put myself in any situations that I have to be regretful. Big dogs can do damage, no matter the breed.

AZJD
11-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Most of the "pitt bull problem" is bad owners, but there also seems to be a problem of bad breeders that cater to those bad owners. I like pit bulls and I think many of them are great looking dogs. However, I must admit that when I'm walking my dog and I see an unleashed pitt, I take her in the opposite direction (even though she could make a snack of one), but I guess that is the prudent thing to do around any unleashed dog..
:idea:

warlock
11-26-2007, 12:18 PM
:D
LOL thats exactly what I thought when I read that crap...:rolleyes:

Old Texan
11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
In all my years the majority of "mean" dogs I've encountered have been typically guarding their domain and have been mixed breeds of Collie, German Shepherd, and Chow. Never had problems with Pits or Dobies in relation to the others.
I'll test walkng near a Pit long before approaching a German Shepherd who are notoriously territorial. Dogs are dogs, never put yourself or children into bad situations. Never turn your back on a dog if possible and show no fear.

C-2
11-26-2007, 12:49 PM
The man coming down on another innocent owner. This photo makes me giggle....:eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/photo6.jpg

RiverDave
11-26-2007, 12:52 PM
The man coming down on another innocent owner. This photo makes me giggle....:eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/photo6.jpg
How come nobody ever comes down on "the man" ??
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/25/auburn-beats-bama-gets-bitten-by-dogs/
Play the video.
RD

thatguy
11-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Let me fix your statement. Most of the problems with pitbulls are overzelous media types looking for a story. Then all the uneducated haters fall into to the second slot.
Pitbulls are a scape goat for a good story in most situations. The three most reported dog bites are Pitbull, rotweiler and Presa Canarios. (look it up) Presa Canarios are part of the Mastiff family. I would be willing to bet that these three dogs are not resposible for the majority of dog bites in the counrty, but are certainly the most reported due to the severity of the bites and or the open hatred for these types of doge. Look closely at the Presa Canarios breed and I would bet that they just get dropped right into the "Pitbull" category based on look. There are not enough of these dogs around to compete with Pits and Rotweilers ect. for large numbers of reports.
I myslef have never been bitten by a large dog, but have been bitten by several little dogs. Damn ankle biters! I am not going to report any dog bite that isn't on a public street or in any public place, but I don't put myself in any situations that I have to be regretful. Big dogs can do damage, no matter the breed.
Bites? I agree with you. Fatalities and serious injury? Whole other story I would think. Not slamming Pit's here. I wonder what the fatality numbers are per breed, I am curious.
Have to go do some work, but will Google it soon.
Tommy

AZJD
11-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Bites? I agree with you. Fatalities and serious injury? Whole other story I would think. Not slamming Pit's here. I wonder what the fatality numbers are per breed, I am curious.
Have to go do some work, but will Google it soon.
Tommy
I was going to do the same, but I would be willing to bet the same results. Like I said. It is an animal. Good dog in most cases, you just have to decide weather or not your willing to chance any dog.

C-2
11-26-2007, 01:03 PM
How come nobody ever comes down on "the man" ??
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/25/auburn-beats-bama-gets-bitten-by-dogs/
Play the video.
RD
There's something you don't see everyday. :eek:

RiverDave
11-26-2007, 01:06 PM
There's something you don't see everyday. :eek:
So here's the question.. Innocent man, bitten by dog. Should the dog be put down? Should he sue the owner of the dog? (Police dept) or the cop personally that was in control of it?
Since german shepards are higher up on the bite list then Pit Bulls, should we rally to ban the breed?
RD

eliminatedsprinter
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I myself have never been bitten by a large dog, but have been bitten by several little dogs. Damn ankle biters! I am not going to report any dog bite that isn't on a public street or in any public place, but I don't put myself in any situations that I have to be regretful. Big dogs can do damage, no matter the breed.
Presa Canerios are pretty much the most agressive of the "Mastiff breeds" yet most are not only good, but great dogs (if they are raised and socialized properly). The breed mostly has a bad rep due to the very high profile fatal attack that occured up in San Fran many years ago and that attack was the result of criminally, stupid, and just plain mean owners, who got serious jail time over it. I guess some might mistake them for pit bulls, if they couldn't see the size difference.
I must agree, that the ignorance and over sensationalization that the press displays has aggravated the problem. Not only have they grossly exggerated the Pit's viciousness (as a breed), but by doing so, they have attracted the wrong types of owners and breeders to them as well.

eliminatedsprinter
11-26-2007, 01:26 PM
:idea:
She's an English Mastiff/Bull Mastiff mix. :D
She is lightning fast and her body and jaws are more powerfull than a pit's, but that bite force would not be needed, because she could just drown a pit with her slobber....;)
P.S. I call her "the love dog" because she loves people (especially kids) and she is quite simply the most affectionate creature I have ever seen...

Old Texan
11-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Down here on the Gulf Coast we have noticed another animal with a bad reputation, the Alligator. If you keep your pet gator tied in the back yard and show no attention, he will tend to be aggressive and have a tendency to eat small animals and children. A gator properly socialized with and taken for regular walks and swims in the community pool, has an entirely different demeanor and only bites Yankess and liberal Californians, whom we Texans consider obnoxious anyway.......:devil: :D
On a serious note, I find owners that don't tend properly to their dogs most typically have the problem pets. If you constantly leave them tied up in the back yard or in a kennel, you don't need to own a dog, plain and simple. And there's a good chance these irresponsibilities aren't only with their pets.

AZJD
11-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Down here on the Gulf Coast we have noticed another animal with a bad reputation, the Alligator. If you keep your pet gator tied in the back yard and show no attention, he will tend to be aggressive and have a tendency to eat small animals and children. A gator properly socialized with and taken for regular walks and swims in the community pool, has an entirely different demeanor and only bites Yankess and liberal Californians, whom we Texans consider obnoxious anyway.......:devil: :D
On a serious note, I find owners that don't tend properly to their dogs most typically have the problem pets. If you constantly leave them tied up in the back yard or in a kennel, you don't need to own a dog, plain and simple. And there's a good chance these irresponsibilities aren't only with their pets.
I wish they would bite A-Rod! ;)