PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Eric Botkin ( Please)

little rowe boat
11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Eric is a firefighter paramedic that works for the RFD. He has been on the job for 10 years he has a wife and a young son. Eric was recently diagnosed with ( GLIOBLASTOMA MULTIFORME ) brain cancer. They originally found 1 tumor about the size of an egg in his left temple region, he underwent surgery and had it removed. He was then referred to the City of Hope where he underwent some more tests Mri's and CT scans and unfortunately they found another tumor. This morning at 11:00 am. he undergoes surgery to remove this second tumor, if everything goes well and they are able to remove this second tumor, the City of Hope will start him on a very aggressive treatment plan that will hopefully kill any remaining cancer within his body.
The overall prognosis is not good, but I believe that a positive outlook accompanied by lots and lots of prayers, that anything is possible.
Thank you.
Jeffrey S. Rowe

SOCALDETAIL1
11-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Eric is a firefighter paramedic that works for the RFD. He has been on the job for 10 years he has a wife and a young son. Eric was recently diagnosed with ( GLIOBLASTOMA MULTIFORME ) brain cancer. They originally found 1 tumor about the size of an egg in his left temple region, he underwent surgery and had it removed. He was then referred to the City of Hope where he underwent some more tests Mri's and CT scans and unfortunately they found another tumor. This morning at 11:00 am. he undergoes surgery to remove this second tumor, if everything goes well and they are able to remove this second tumor, the City of Hope will start him on a very aggressive treatment plan that will hopefully kill any remaining cancer within his body.
The overall prognosis is not good, but I believe that a positive outlook accompanied by lots and lots of prayers, that anything is possible.
Thank you.
Jeffrey S. Rowe
With him being at City of Hope he is in the best hands. My mother was a patient there many times, she is now cancer free 3 years later :D

little rowe boat
11-26-2007, 02:09 PM
With him being at City of Hope he is in the best hands. My mother was a patient there many times, she is now cancer free 3 years later :D
I hope it goes as well for him and his family.

little rowe boat
11-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Amazing 132 views and only 1 post. Maybe the views will lead to prayers.:confused:

Noisy Nova
11-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Prayer on the way.

vdrivenman
11-26-2007, 07:01 PM
will include him in my morning prayers and his faamily memebers as well!
All things are possible through Christ !

2forcefull
11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
^
^
^
<<<<< >>>>>
^
^
^
^
^
^
Lord Hear Our Prayers

little rowe boat
11-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Thank you.

SOCALDETAIL1
11-26-2007, 10:09 PM
With both my parents being diagnosed with cancer within 1 week of each other one thing I learned is the way to beat it is to have a positive attitude and a desire to beat it. The one thing both my parents had. So tell him to keep up the fight and have a strong attitude and he will win. He will be a different person after all this. STRONGER and more appreciative of life. I had a hard time dealing with it when my parents had it, I turned to the LIVESTONG foundation and they were a real big help. Mark

little rowe boat
11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
For those of you that commented and offered prayers, thank you.
He came through the second surgery ok and now has an uphill battle, but with prayers and a poditive attitude anything is possible.

shippingguy
11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
For those of you that commented and offered prayers, thank you.
He came through the second surgery ok and now has an uphill battle, but with prayers and a poditive attitude anything is possible.
Glad to hear that. My prayers are with him and his family. Stay positive and pray and hope for the best.
Mike

BajaMike
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
My prayers are on the way....hope is OK!
:idea:

Celfesh
11-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Thank you.
Jeffrey S. Rowe
Jeff, I hope thing work out for your friend. Yes I feel your pain right now and hope for the best becuz I'm going throught the same thing with my dad as of Nov 19th he was diagnoised with a tumor the size of a raquet ball.. He had surgery on the 20th and yes it is also GBM (not good). He also had to have surgery on the 23rd becuz of a perferated colon, now a colostemy bag..My dad is only 62 yrs young. This should not be happening....He was given less then a year to live...I pray for your friend and hope all is well...When I'm praying for my dad I will be praying for Eric too....
Be Strong and be there for him and his family =) .....
Thank you,
Lisa.
Spell check not installed yet but who cares at this point....

little rowe boat
12-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Jeff, I hope thing work out for your friend. Yes I feel your pain right now and hope for the best becuz I'm going throught the same thing with my dad as of Nov 19th he was diagnoised with a tumor the size of a raquet ball.. He had surgery on the 20th and yes it is also GBM (not good). He also had to have surgery on the 23rd becuz of a perferated colon, now a colostemy bag..My dad is only 62 yrs young. This should not be happening....He was given less then a year to live...I pray for your friend and hope all is well...When I'm praying for my dad I will be praying for Eric too....
Be Strong and be there for him and his family =) .....
Thank you,
Lisa.
Spell check not installed yet but who cares at this point....
Thank you. Prayers are on the way for your father.