PDA

View Full Version : saber powerboats

ctmar
03-03-2003, 09:15 PM
does anyone have any recent experience with the 24 & 28 foot saber offshore sportboats made in west michigan...has anyone bought a new one in the past couple of years...i'm interested in how well they handle big power and their build quality...thanks....from mike at ct marine.

Whitey
03-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Hi Mike, I have heard nothing but good things about Saber boats. There are a couple of owners on the OSO board. Are you going to get another boat? Not many of us in this area... Dwight

ctmar
03-18-2003, 08:23 AM
hi dwight...i'm looking at saber because i'm looking for a new line of boats to sell that have a conventional deep v hull that i can put some serious power (like 565ci fords and 704 ci chevys) into a proven hull design...no more step hulls for me at this point...i toured the plant and was very impressed with the quality of the boat and honesty of the staff...both of which are often missing in the boat business...from mike at c.t. marine inc.

Whitey
03-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Are you going to sell in our area? I do not know of any performance marine places around here. It would be a nice addition to the area. Dwight
By the way I did end up getting a 33 Challenger. So far so good. It is not as "refined" as I would liked but, like you said there is just something missing in the boat business.. Dwight

ctmar
03-20-2003, 08:37 PM
hi dwight...back in 1995-96 i was in the very first ride of the first 33 challenger built...it had twin 502 blackhawks and man was it impressive...but like many step hulls they had to tune the bottom to get the handling right...and when they got it right it was a great package...i hope you enjoy the 33... from mike at c.t. marine

Whitey
03-23-2003, 08:05 PM
That boat is in Washington Mo. now. I was debating on trading my boat for it but decided against it. It has been setting at the plant for atleast 2 years that I know of and has not been ran for atleast that long. It is a neat looking boat. Dwight

ctmar
03-24-2003, 07:11 PM
hi dwight...i wonder why that 33 is still sitting...that boat had a unusual "hop" to it under certain conditions so they had to tune the bottom to get rid of the hop...it was still one of the better boats in slicing thru big waves and it was fast for a stock 502 blackhawk setup...mike

Whitey
03-24-2003, 08:13 PM
For some reason I think Ron has not really pushed the boat and I also think that people are afraid of the drives. Also the props are not readily available like they are for the B1s. Dwight

Keith E. Sayre
04-04-2003, 04:21 PM
A year ago I sold a 1995 Saber 24' boat that had
a 434 inch small block that supposedly made 530hp
on the dyno. It ran 82 mph on a Gaffrig speedo and it needed trim tabs but it was an extremely
solid feeling boat. It loved the rough water
and liked the speed. Some of these west coast
boat builders could take a lesson in how to build a solid and stable boat!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400