PDA

View Full Version : Bent impeller pulley bracket

cc322
03-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Took my boat to Alco marine this week because I have been throwing the serpentine belt on the motor (496 HO). The boat is out of warranty and has 79 hrs on it. This has happened a couple times and it sucks to be stranded. Used my boat the first year without a problem last year it came off twice took it to a shop they put it back on came off again, put back on again. Since then I have never felt confident in running it hard. Talked to a couple Merc cert warranty shops and they said bring it in, find out the seawater impeller pump bracket looks to be a little bent. So Merc is picking up the repair very cool. Hope this fixes it.

phebus
03-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Alco is a great place for Merc. Certified repairs. They have a good raport with the Merc. warranty adjusters, and seeem to be able to get repairs approved.
It's great they were able to get your repairs done under warranty.

Mandelon
03-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Catalina next year then, no excuses!!!!
Glad you got it figured out. Good to know Merc will take care of it.

cc322
03-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Alco is a great place for Merc. Certified repairs. They have a good raport with the Merc. warranty adjusters, and seeem to be able to get repairs approved.
It's great they were able to get your repairs done under warranty.
Yep.. I am dealing with Bart at Alco seems like a very knowlageable guy, Merc did ask for a paper trail showing that I had the belt put on a couple times by a shop, which I did.

cc322
03-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Catalina next year then, no excuses!!!!
Glad you got it figured out. Good to know Merc will take care of it.
Sure would like to do that trip